Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Baywatch Producer Shares Plans for Film Sequel - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Baywatch Producer Shares Plans for Film Sequel (429 Views)

'Living In Bondage' Sequel, The Ramsey Nouah Connection. Fans Excited! / #bbnaija: Miracle Reveals His Plans For Nina After The Show / Apply For Film/acting Course And Get 50%discount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Baywatch Producer Shares Plans for Film Sequel by ssmp3: 6:14pm On May 26, 2017
“Baywatch” has yet to open wide in theaters, but ahead of this weekend’s debut, the team behind the film adaptation is already planning a movie franchise.

Speaking to Variety at a New York City screening of “Baywatch” earlier this week, producer Beau Flynn shared plans for a sequel, which would bring back the cast, including Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, plus writers Damian Shannon and Mark Swift, who co-wrote the screenplay for the first flick. Flynn stated:

“We have an amazing story already. We’re bringing back Shannon and Swift who wrote on the first one, and I know Dwayne would be in, I know Zac and all the girls would be. We just have this really cool idea to put them in this whole new world. We would take it overseas.”

“The girls” he refers to are co-stars Alexandra Daddario, Ilfenesh Hadera, and Kelly Rohrbach, who compose one half of the movie’s ensemble cast.

Following Flynn’s interview, Variety chatted with many of the cast members at the NYC event to ask if they’d be interested in joining the potential sequel. Kelly Rohrbach, who plays C.J. Parker, said that she would of course be willing to do a follow-up, saying, "I couldn’t have asked for a better cast on my first film. These guys are awesome. They’re hilarious, they’re loving, they’re generous. We really were a family and I think that comes though on the screen, as well."

Also throwing her vote into the pro-sequel pot was Alexandra Daddario, who said, "yes! I would love to. I think it’s very cool to be part of a franchise, and I think it helps get other work. It’s fun. You get to travel the world and work with these amazing people, and you get to make people laugh, so I’m completely down for it."

“Baywatch” hit select theaters this Wednesday, ahead of its wide release this weekend. The preview showings brought in $1.25 million on Wednesday night.

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism: Al Jazeera TV To Be Closed? / Let My People Go / Drake Performs Wizkid’s ‘come Closer’ To Large Crowd In Canada | Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.