Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,924 members, 7,803,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary (11197 Views)

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Tony Ogah Gives N1m To Kogi Civil Servant Who Resigned (Photo) / Kogi Civil Servant Who Returned N1.78m Excess Salary Speaks (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by neolboy(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2017
A civil servant in Kogi, Mrs Husseina Mohammed has returned the sum N1, 780,500 paid in excess of her March salary to the coffers of the state government.

Mohammed said this on Friday in Lokoja while on a courtesy visit to the Director – General, Bureau of Information and Grassrrots Mobilisation, Alhaji Abdulkareem Abdulamlik .

She said that she received an alert from her bank in the afternoon of May 21 and discovered that a huge sum had been credited in her favour.

Mohammed said that she immediately called the attention of her husband to the development and a decision was taken to return the money to the coffers of the government.

The civil servant, who works at the state Teaching Service Commission, said she started the process of returning the money back to government on May 22, saying that the money was paid into the government account with the Lokoja branch of the Zenith Bank Plc.

She then handed over the bank teller and other documents used in paying back the money into the government bank account to the Director General Mohammed praised Gov. Yahaya Bello for paying her salary up till March, 2017, saying that she was not in any way affected by just concluded staff screening and verification exercise.

She, however, pleaded with the state government to reciprocate her good gesture by paying the outstanding 15 month salary arrears of her husband, Mr Yakubu Mohammed.

The civil servant said that the salary of her husband was being withheld for the discrepancy in his age declaration, saying that the discrepancy had since been rectified.
In his response, the Director- General commended Mohammed for her honesty.

He said with people like her in the society, Nigeria was sure of winning the ongoing war against corruption.

The Director -General urged other civil servants and residents of the state to emulate Mrs. Mohammed.

He said that her good conduct would not go unrewarded, adding that her exemplary conduct would be recorded for generation yet unborn to learn and emulate.

Abdulmalik also reiterated the resolve of Gov. Yahaya Bello to carry the restructuring of the state civil service to the end.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/kogi-civil-servant-returns-n1-7mln-paid-excess-salary/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by neolboy(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2017
Good
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by thesicilian: 7:17pm On May 26, 2017
They would have still been detected, so no difference really.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by ijustdey: 7:21pm On May 26, 2017
that's great.......

at least he didn't have to wait till the auditors came knocking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by sbashir10(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2017
Be the change you want to see in the world...
change begins with me..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Afonjashapmouth: 7:32pm On May 26, 2017
If na local government lower staff just resign take off... Ur case don settle b that instead of tension or pension grin

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Yhelay(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2017
That's good of her
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Young03(m): 8:10pm On May 26, 2017
She knew she would be caught in a no-distant time
then she choose to return it to avert future trouble
no big deal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Nobody: 7:31am On May 27, 2017
K
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by emeijeh(m): 7:32am On May 27, 2017
Nigeria shall be great again!

10 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Nobody: 7:32am On May 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Nah small small...
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Nobody: 7:32am On May 27, 2017
Tomorrow she will lead the protest for none payment of salary aerials for 7months

Don't quote me

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by emandman: 7:35am On May 27, 2017
she has done well to save the bank staff not even d govt
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Nigeriadondie: 7:36am On May 27, 2017
emeijeh:
Nigeria shall be great again!
Wake up from ur slumber no let d dream u had last night blind u from the stark reality staring at us. Nigeria and greatness are two parallel lines that never meets. E don tey we dey "Nigeria shall be great" no be today. We not even our generation unborn can ever realize a great Nigeria. It is only a mere dream. For me sef even for dream I never see Nigeria great talkless of reality. The country is too doomed far beyond redemption.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by jordyspices: 7:38am On May 27, 2017
Why she return am, money wey fit be her arrears promotion benefit nd entitlement as a govt worker well na she knw dis apc govt deserve nothing good from civil servants if u check well dey fit still owe am another 1.700000 na she go return her money chai dis buhari govt don twist some ppl brain if na deir governor him go return d money

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by emeijeh(m): 7:39am On May 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Wake up from ur slumber no let d dream u had last night blind u from the stark reality starring all of us. Nigeria and greatness are two parallel lines that never meets. E don tey we dey "Nigeria shall be great" no be today. We not even our generation unborn can ever realize a great Nigeria. It is only a mere dream. For me sef even for dream I never see Nigeria great talkless of reality. The country is too doomed far beyond redemption.
Baba, calm down

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by aolawale025: 7:41am On May 27, 2017
What kind of state owes a worker for 15 months?
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Nigeriadondie: 7:44am On May 27, 2017
emeijeh:

Baba, calm down
My guy I no get wahala I only just want to awaken a bro from his deep slumber of fantasy to d reality on ground.
As a reminder ur leaders themselves have no hope in d country. Look at d links below
https://www.nairaland.com/3819720/no-hope-nigeria-power-sector
https://www.google.no/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/142676-nigeria-is-jinxed-cursed-obasanjo.html/amp
If u never wake up to d sad reality then u re in for not just a long thing but a very long thing
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Davash222(m): 7:45am On May 27, 2017
Call me unpatriotic, thief, Ole, or anything, no wahala, but, I ain't gonna return any money. Every morning, I pray to God for unmerited favour. God doesn't send money from Heaven, besides, the money is Government money.. And Who's the Government? You and me.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by sayhi2certified(m): 7:47am On May 27, 2017
nice gesture
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by supremegists: 7:48am On May 27, 2017
She did it for a reason because she must definitely be caught someday. See what happened to the thief that stole plantain in Bayelsa
http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/05/see-what-happened-to-thief-that-stole.html

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by samtee37(m): 7:49am On May 27, 2017
I believe Nigeria will be great one day......
Dont quote me or ask me when...... Biko grin

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by ignis: 7:54am On May 27, 2017
Good spirit...

she did the right thing.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by dakuizi(m): 8:00am On May 27, 2017
She is afraid of buhari grin
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by Handsomebeing(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2017
Hard but very good. God bless them.
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by opalu: 8:02am On May 27, 2017
Kogi people are known for truthfulness and integrity. It's hard to find a Kogite that lies.
The media always likes to give bad press against our dear state

1 Like

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by opalu: 8:03am On May 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by latsy: 8:11am On May 27, 2017
thesicilian:
They would have still been detected, so no difference really.

Being detected has never stop people from stealing e.g our politicians
and yahoo boys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by tayo200(m): 8:43am On May 27, 2017
he knows d consequences if hr doesn't...dere is nothing to praise him for..
Re: Kogi Civil Servant Returns N1.7m Paid In Excess Of Salary by kevoh(m): 8:58am On May 27, 2017
They would still have traced the money to her if she did not return it. She had no option!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medical Doctor Relocating To Nigeria Needs Advice / Which Is More Important, The Course You Studied Or The Result You Came Out With? / 7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.