Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ (13092 Views)

Millions Of Nigerians Are Living With Hepatitis B: Go For Test Today / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria / 3Million Nigerians Living With HIV/AIDS - AHF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by alphonsojaybaz: 6:14am On May 27, 2017
2M NIGERIANS LIVING WITH HEPATITIS’
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2017/05/2m-nigerians-living-with-hepatitis.html
The national president, Guild of Medical Directors, Dr. Tony Phillips has disclosed that about two million Nigerians are living with hepatitis.
To this end, he said that the guild would hold its 24th Annual General Meeting and Scientific Conference on Eradication of Hepatitis in Abuja today with the theme, “Lets make Nigeria Hepatitis Free”.
He confirmed that there would be free screening, counseling and possible referral for treatment on hepatitis with the latest technology to be deployed by MEDICAID and Firmcare Diagnostics.
The conference which is expected to attract medical directors, health care providers, medical supply companies, officials from the Ministry of Health, allied Health agencies and the public would further proffer solutions on the scourge of hepatitis in Nigeria.
According to him, “Hepatitis is a very silent ailment that does not manifest until it is too late and it causes destruction because the organ that it affects which is the liver, does not give signal until when it has gone very far; it only shows when the damage has been done”.
He said though Nigeria could be free from hepatitis in the nearest future, that hepatitis is a stubborn ailment. “It takes time to be cleared but let us start from somewhere; we dont want to get more people affected because if you reduce more infection you will now reduce the spread and by the time those who are having it are treated and cleared, we can make Nigeria hepatitis free”.
On his part, “the Chairman, Local Organising Committee of GMD conference, Dr. Wisdom Ihejieto explained that major highlight of the conference would be the generation of data by the Guild across the States on the prevalence of Hepatitis in Nigeria.
This he said would be made available to the Federal Ministry of Health for the provision of vaccines across the states.
Also speaking, the President of Guild of Medical Directors Wives of Nigeria (GMD-WON) noted that the body would conduct a free hepatitis test at IDP Camp Kuchingoro, Abuja as part of the activities lined up to commemorate the conference.

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by aleeyus(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
alphonsojaybaz:
we dont want to get more people affected because if you reduce more infection you will now reduce the spread and by the time those who are having it are treated and cleared, we can make Nigeria hepatitis free.
I'm not sure I understand this thread, would you mind elaborating further for me because

2 Likes

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nobody: 7:04am On May 27, 2017
shocked
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Akerry(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
Really
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Sarang(f): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
grin oboi
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by edidiongmichael(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
angry
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by salford: 7:04am On May 27, 2017
No comment.
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by DollarAngel(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2017
Nigeria is disgusting

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Stemkay: 7:05am On May 27, 2017
Nawa o
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nobody: 7:06am On May 27, 2017
This one weak #week me like 7 days

2 Likes

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:06am On May 27, 2017
flenty flenty feefle with disease
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Bensam5060(m): 7:08am On May 27, 2017
hmmn i just dey pass cha
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by electronicsguuy: 7:08am On May 27, 2017
2k or 2M

Meanwhile,

Generator power booster for sale..

This Generator Power Booster is designed to power Fridge /Freezers, iron, electric kettle, boiling ring, etc..
Enables you power your fridge with SMALL GENERATORS..
Boost the output power from your small generators, from 500 WATTS ( I pass my neighbor) and above
It is highly efficient and harmless to your generator
Uses generator power rating: 500 watts powers table top fridge, 1kva powers mini fridge, 2.5kva powers big fridge/ Freezer..
It will allow you to plug your Fridge/Freezers to output of your generating plant without damage to your generator coil.
Has no contact with your generator and therefore does not harm the Coil
No damage to generator.
Gone are the days when you wait for Nepa and PHCN before
you use your Fridge/Freezers, iron, etc. You can use it with small and big generator plants.
Importance of booster:

1. Easy to apply
2. Have no negative effect on your generator sets.
3. Does not stop you from using other loads like bulbs, cd, TV sets etc.
4. Does not increase fuel consumptions.
5. Very cheap and affordable.

N6500 for mega (fridge and iron)

N4500 for solo (iron only)

0811 9387235

1 Like

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nobody: 7:08am On May 27, 2017
Chai
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by darbeelicous(f): 7:10am On May 27, 2017
chaii.......
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nobody: 7:11am On May 27, 2017
Two or twenty?

He must have been misquoted.

The official stat is, one out of eery 10 Nigerians is infected.

The worse thing is, more than half don't know.

People are dropping dead of hepatitis-induced liver diseases everyday.

In fact, more than half of under-50 deaths I know in the last 5 years were caused by liver disease, which was also caused by hepatitis. As recently as 2 days ago, heard of another hepatitis/liver death.

Hepatitis is prevalent because it spreads easily, from things as insignificant as sweat or sharing clothes. And the virus can stay on external surface for days, unlike HIV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by amoduganja: 7:12am On May 27, 2017
t

1 Like

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Repairnigeria(m): 7:13am On May 27, 2017
yawa
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Oyindidi(f): 7:18am On May 27, 2017
sukkot:
flenty flenty feefle with disease

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by ionsman: 7:18am On May 27, 2017
And most of them don't know...

A helper was brought for my brother's wife from Nasarawa and she had to be screened. It was discovered she has Hepatitis B. She had to be sent back immediately. Felt pity for her.
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:19am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=Oyindidi post=56917378][/quote] e gudu morning oooo wink
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Fourwinds: 7:22am On May 27, 2017
very foolish FG...dey like to compare Nigeria with other countries with fhigh fuel price but they will never do d same for salary....majority of Nigeria politicians are very stupid including OBJ
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Oyindidi(f): 7:22am On May 27, 2017
sukkot:
e gudu morning oooo wink
Morning sukkot, how was your night?
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nobody: 7:23am On May 27, 2017
interesting.. the government should put money into this and save lives.. hell no they would rather use 14 billion to buy official cars every year.
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:23am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Morning sukkot, how was your night?
top of the morning to you me lady , my night ? full of wisdom. i have been reading all night. not slept yet at all lol. although i did sleep yesterday evening so am good. how was your night ?

1 Like

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Oyindidi(f): 7:27am On May 27, 2017
sukkot:
top of the morning to you me lady , my night ? full of wisdom. i have been reading all night. not slept yet at all lol. although i did sleep yesterday evening so am good. how was your night ?
I slept like a baby.
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:28am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
I slept like a baby.
as you should. wetin we go chop for breakfast ?
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Nigeriadondie: 7:31am On May 27, 2017
DollarAngel:
Nigeria is disgusting
Nigeria is far doomed beyond redemption. It is so hopeless that even the Devil has greater hope of making heaven than for Nigeria to be better. Nigeria and development are like parallel lines that will never meet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Oyindidi(f): 7:32am On May 27, 2017
sukkot:
as you should. wetin we go chop for breakfast ?
Beans grin I love beans
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:32am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Beans grin I love beans
ewa aganyin make sense oooo cheesy
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by Oyindidi(f): 7:35am On May 27, 2017
sukkot:
ewa aganyin make sense oooo cheesy
Wa jeungrin
Re: 2m Nigerians Living With Hepatitis’ by sukkot: 7:36am On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Wa jeungrin
tanz you very mucho wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 7 2020 In Nigeria - (1,949 Tested) / Abandoned Newborn Baby Rescued In Niger State / NAFDAC Shuts Lebanese Firm Over Alleged Fake Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.