Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? (645 Views)

Add Extra Charge To Cash On Delivery For Magento 2 Marketplace Products / How To Design A Site Like Nairaland On Wapact / How Much Will You Charge To Set-up A Site Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? by Jetland(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2017
Please I need your advice. I advised my church administrators on how having a website for the church will be a great benefit to them. Now, they asked me to send in my proposal to them in order to see if they should give it a short.

The goal for the project is to have a standard website with no some features including member's logging form. The website is going to run on one of the contents management systems (WordPress).

The problem now is how much should I charge them so that my price won't be so exorbitant, and the same time not too low?

Please I know there any experienced webmasters here that is why I resorted coming to get some insights here.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? by izzou(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2017
Must we seek advise for every single issue in our lives on nairaland?

You proposed this to them. You should have a price in mind. Or even if you do it free, it's your decision.

Follow your heart bro. And submitting a proposal doesn't mean they will pay exactly what's there.

You can put #5000 and they will still price it sef
Re: How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? by bassdow: 10:53am On May 27, 2017
With the kind of Questions being asked here on NairaLand, I can only imagine how Groaning and suffering Nairaland servers would be going through.

On a brighter note, the cost to charge a Church depends on so many things including
1. Their Pocket Size (How much can they afford)
2. What can you offer ?
3. What Features do they want and at what time frame.
4. What would it actually cost you to execute the project.
5. ....and etc.

For an idea on how much to charge, take a hint from below (A function of lowest possible safe costs)

1. Domain name registration for a Year is about ₦4,000 or ₦3,500 . Please desist from buying at incredibly lower prices (thanks to Dubious Coupons) as that would mean you would have to renew at incredibly higher costs/fees.

2. A good quality web hosting (Excluding Nigerian Webhosts) should cost anywhere from $4 to $6 Monthly especially for your first invoice . Notable Web Hosts includes NameCheap (Have used them and still recommends them to few clients), HostGator (Not up to date with their reputation as I manage my own servers now), TMD Hosting, etc. Please stay away from Bluehost and most of it's siblings (Frequent downtimes).

3. Depending on your skill level, you can either develop/design from Scratch (Custom) or use a framework or CMS.

All in all, let your fee/charge start anywhere from ₦35,000 and above.

Best of Lucks

NB: Don't forget you would be the person mostly managing it on their behalf. Ensure to strike a deal with them with regards to maintenance.
Re: How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? by mrtomola(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2017
Free ..... Ofe ni igbala.
Re: How Much Should One Charge To Design A Website For A Church? by bedfordng(m): 7:36pm On May 27, 2017
Jetland:
Please I need your advice. I advised my church administrators on how having a website for the church will be a great benefit to them. Now, they asked me to send in my proposal to them in order to see if they should give it a short.

The goal for the project is to have a standard website with no some features including member's logging form. The website is going to run on one of the contents management systems (WordPress).

The problem now is how much should I charge them so that my price won't be so exorbitant, and the same time not too low?

Please I know there any experienced webmasters here that is why I resorted coming to get some insights here.
Thanks.
it depends on their pocket and the hosting you want to use aside the features they needed. if using foreign host, then you need to plan your charges right . as for Nigerian host, you can charge from 45k . like I had said, it all depend on hosting and their pocket.

(1) (Reply)

Best Sites To Earn Bitcoin From Home 10000-100000 Satoshi In 1 Day / Pack Traffic To Your Blog Now / Adsense Gurus Please Come In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.