Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,571 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed (41578 Views)

The Viper I Killed Today / My Neighbours Cat Is A Bully, What Should I Do? / Day 2: Stay At Home: Lady Butchers A Dog Brutally. The Hunger Is Real!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Stallione(m): 7:42pm On May 27, 2017
"BRUTALITY" did u just said brutalized,so he shldnt have brutalized it the it does with its poisonous venom undecided
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by dacovajnr: 7:43pm On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Which no other snake wey go big pass this one? I no go sleep for that house if I be you. Even earthworms sef I dey fear

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 27, 2017
Basildvalour:
Anybody who killed this snake is just so wicked. The way it was smashed would tell you that.
What did you expect them to do? Allow it to kill them instead?

kayo80:

They were scared. But what would you have done if you were the one that saw a snake near your door?
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:44pm On May 27, 2017
Seun:
[s]The snake's body has been smashed very badly, but based on its color and markings I am certain that this is a Rhombic Night Adder, Causus Rhombeatu. It has a V shaped mark on its head. The markings on the back are said to be diamond shaped, though they can vary a bit. It is venomous but the venom isn't strong enough to kill people, though some people feel a very large specimen could kill a very young child.[/s]

It's more likely to be a West African Night Adder, aka Forest Rhombic Night Adder, Causus Maculatus which is similar and also not deadly.

When stage fright kicks in, your information becomes useless

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Oyindidi(f): 7:45pm On May 27, 2017
[quote author=dacovajnr post=56937261][/quote] grin kilode?
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by dacovajnr: 7:46pm On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Which no other snake wey go big pass this one? I no go sleep for that house if I be you. Even earthworms sef I dey fear

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Oyindidi(f): 7:48pm On May 27, 2017
[quote author=dacovajnr post=56937353][/quote] grin the day leech climb my slippers for market, na drama grin
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by kayo80(m): 7:50pm On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
Which other snake wey go big pass this one? I no go sleep for that house if I be you. Even earthworms sef I dey fear

lol!
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Oyindidi(f): 7:52pm On May 27, 2017
kayo80:

lol!
No be laughing matter o, burn dry pepper for your compound this night

2 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by kayo80(m): 7:55pm On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
No be laughing matter o, burn dry pepper for your compound this night

Okay.
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2017
kayo80:

Hmm! Okay. Let me do a google image search of that.
pls how does one do that google image search abeq??
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by ignis: 7:58pm On May 27, 2017
The snake looks like a deadly one.
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Goddyj(m): 7:59pm On May 27, 2017
hmm!
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by blingxx(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2017
Seun:
[s]The snake's body has been smashed very badly, but based on its color and markings I am certain that this is a Rhombic Night Adder, Causus Rhombeatu. It has a V shaped mark on its head. The markings on the back are said to be diamond shaped, though they can vary a bit. It is venomous but the venom isn't strong enough to kill people, though some people feel a very large specimen could kill a very young child.[/s]

It's more likely to be a West African Night Adder, aka Forest Rhombic Night Adder, Causus Maculatus which is similar and also not deadly.

say God

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Basildvalour(m): 8:00pm On May 27, 2017
NotOfThis:
What did you expect them to do? Allow it to kill them instead?

Exactly.
Just slice off its head and give it a burial though not befitting
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by dacovajnr: 8:06pm On May 27, 2017
Oyindidi:
grin the day leech climb my slippers for market, na drama grin
Cmon ekolo you dey fear, what if na snake, ayaff killed several snakes before including the one I killed with my pillow undecided
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2017
This is a viper, a very fearless and deadly snake. It never grows more than this no matter the age. In most cases, when it sees a person it stays stationary hoping the person would come within stricking distance. Joke with this snake to your own peril. Its venom is reputed to kill within an hour or so. The yoruba calls it "Paramole".

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Oyindidi(f): 8:13pm On May 27, 2017
dacovajnr:
Cmon ekolo you dey fear, what if na snake, ayaff killed several snakes before including the one I killed with my pillow undecided
When I move in to my house. I dey wash cloths, I no believe sey I go see snake for there. Small snake fall for my leg. I was shaking, na my pastor come carry me go him house that day cos I was terribly sick. I dey fear anything wey look like snake
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Seun(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Ok

Now I am very sure that Seun is the one with the snake obsession and not Lalasticlala.

He even knows their botanical names...gosh!
I wish. I just did a web search and got excited when I could identify the snake.

3 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by AlphaStyles(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2017
snake activist belike why did u kill it
kill or be killed

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by edimolu(m): 8:28pm On May 27, 2017
dacovajnr:

Yhu dey kill snake with pillow?

2 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by micflo28(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2017
No need to be awed this period with the site of snakes, we all know snakes of most kinds are nocturnal and hide under stones, caves and cravices in the day time when its hot to enable them shed their skins and reproduce. However, the rains are washing them out and destroying their natural inhabitants. We only need to be watchful to avoid any ugly encounter with them.
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by Abdul124(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2017
kayo80:
See The Snake My Neighbors Just Killed

I was on my bed dozing off a couple of minutes ago when i heard my neighbor's son shout "Dadddy! Snake! Daddy come and see snake outside." I jumped up and looked out the window to see the 14 year old holding a plank, and running from one angle to the other, trying to hold off the snake till his dad showed up. At that point, i knew it had to be a small snake.

The dad later came and threw a big stone at the snake. And then hit it multiple times with a stick when the snake had gotten injured. When i got outside, the snake had been cut in two, but was still moving.

Constant rain has caused the bush around my house to grow very high. I just hope they aint bigger snakes hiding in the bush, cos i come back late at night some times.

Who knows the name of the snake? By the way, i stay in an area of Ibadan called Ajobo...close to Ojoo.
Is dis wht u called small snake? because it's quite big .

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by kayo80(m): 8:36pm On May 27, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:
This is a viper, a very fearless and deadly snake. It never grows more than this no matter the age. In most cases, when it sees a person it stays stationary hoping the person would come within stricking distance. Joke with this snake to your own peril. Its venom is reputed to kill within an hour or so. The yoruba calls it "Paramole".

WHAT!!? Now, you are scaring me. It seems you know this snake well, cos normally, the other snakes I have encountered usually run off when they see people. But as you said, this one was stationary. Hmm! Thank God they threw the stone at it from a distant and didn't get close.
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by kayo80(m): 8:37pm On May 27, 2017
Abdul124:
Is dis wht u called small snake? because it's quite big .

I guess my camera or angle I took the picture made it look big. It was quite small...like 12 inches or so.
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by giles14(m): 8:39pm On May 27, 2017
Evablizin:
dnt worry i'm doin dt already
baby ur cuteness and beauty, just touched and overloaded my heart
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by eyinjuege: 8:47pm On May 27, 2017
OP,
I pity you.

Just expect the snake's partner to come looking for you folks tonight.

Nagin things cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by ezeagu(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2017
Basildvalour:
Anybody who killed this snake is just so wicked. The way it was smashed would tell you that.

I would usually agree, but this looks like it is a very deadly snake.

1 Like

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:04pm On May 27, 2017
kayo80:

WHAT!!? Now, you are scaring me. It seems you know this snake well, cos normally, the other snakes I have encountered usually run off when they see people. But as you said, this one was stationary. Hmm! Thank God they threw the stone at it from a distant and didn't get close.

I'm very conversant with this snake. I grew up knowing much about it back in the village. My present location was infested with it until lately.
It is the easiest snake to kill but the most dangerous i've known. It's the overconfidence that makes it east to kill, provided you see it before you get close to it. It instinctively strikes at any moving object close to it. It fears nobody and nothing. This one in the picture may be more than 18 or more years old.
The yoruba's name for it, "Paramole" literally describes it's habit of going stationary immediately it sees an approaching object waiting for the kill. I have only recorded one instance in my entire life when the snake dashed off the road at my approach. Each time i recollected this instance in 2011 i still wonder what made that happen. That snake is just not known to run for people but only in exceptional cases. Once you've seen one in your neighbourhood, the tendency is that there may be many so always keep your doors closed and use touchlights at night.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by uzoormah(m): 9:08pm On May 27, 2017
nairaland and snake threads be like woman and powder
Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by drdanny(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2017
Muafrika2:

Looks like a cobra.

Do u know what a cobra looks like? Why not try to watch NatGeo sometimes or at least google cobra

Oh Lord!

2 Likes

Re: See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed by dacovajnr: 9:16pm On May 27, 2017
edimolu:

Yhu dey kill snake with pillow?
Yes Ooooo!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet My Latest Girl, Lady Shasha / Please What Breed Of Dog Is This? / Engineer Makes Snake 'Walk' By Constructing Four Robotic Legs (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.