Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

A Suicide Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Suicide Story (523 Views)

Short Story Of A Suicide Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Suicide Story by akinsojiSenai(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2017
Chapter 1

*would continue based on reviews. Thanks.

It was time. Slowly, I raised my head up and sat upright, staring at the 3 tablets on my table, it was funny but they gave me a relaxed feeling and most importantly...a way out. Suddenly I felt thirsty, I looked around me and smiled sadly to myself, my room or what was left of it, was in complete mess...three of my boxers were by the doorway, the amount of dirt scattered around the room would fill a bin, a rat passed, just now, took one good look at me and moved on...it didn't even run! It was as if it knew my fate had been sealed and there was no hope for me, well, I didn't blame it. Then something happened that sent a cold chill down my spine...I thought I heard voices just outside my door, silently, like the rat...I moved to the door and placed my head against the panel.
'Do you think he has gone?' the first man said.
'Nah...he is not that smart, he would come home tonight, I am so sure, let's wait outside for him, remember she said she needed him alive' the other man said.

I smiled wryly...so they don't know I was in already, well at least, I have a little more time before taking my pills. I walked silently back to my chair and sat down, taking care not to make sounds, because they could be right outside my door. I felt a little relaxed, I remembered I was thirsty and cursed myself when I discovered I had taking the last bottle of water an hour ago, so I was going to die thirsty?? I grimaced at the the thought of chewing down those tablets, what a life!

I picked up a pen and some sheets of papers, and decided to write, why not? I asked myself, this would be a suicide story, not a note.
OK, how did it come to this, I asked myself for the very last time, how? For God's sake, I was the best criminal lawyer in the whole country, I used to live in a duplex, drive around in a Range Rover, and have the best things life has to offer, just where did I make my mistake? And the answer came...just like it came 400 times before when I asked this same question....LINDA.

Now, at this junction...let me say a little about myself, my name is Adekunle Johnson, I am 32years old, very handsome (well I can afford to flatter myself a little), and well brought up. I was the only child of my parents, so you can imagine the kind of care and pampering I would have gone through but don't get it twisted, my Dad was a soldier, he retired a General and mom was a teacher, so I wasn't spoilt, the spirit of discipline was instilled in me and I was a very obedient child. I wouldn't bore you with details as I have less than 3hours before the men outside my house grow bored and decide to force their way into my home, and the last thing I want, is to be caught alive.

I studied Law in school, and the reason was simple, I was fascinated by the fact that a person could be guilty of an offence, but if you are clever and smart enough, you could prove that person's innocence by simply rearranging and manipulating little details and the person would be free even when it is glaring that he/she committed the offence charged against them. So I read and read, and I became smart, I was able to defend any case, as long as you told me the truth and most importantly, the tiniest details.
So I was sought after, mainly by rich clients wanting to get off their selfish spoilt children of the hook of some major crime. And I did well...I have never lost a case, now I am regretting, I should have lost my last case, if I had...I wouldn't be 3hours away from dying.

Everything went well, till one Friday morning, 26th May, I would never forget the date. I had just finished shaving, when I received a phone that about to change my destiny, had I known!
'Hello' I said, in my rich baritone voice I use when I want to impress.
'Hello Mr Johnson' a voice returned, there was something about that voice that reminded me of the mafia, it was low not hard but carried a lot of steel and power, I told myself I had to be careful.
'Yes' I said,
'I want you, would you be available today by 9pm?'
'I am sorry, but who is this' I asked, suddenly angry with whoever was at the other end, who was he to tell me he wants me??
'Never mind who I am' he returned, I would be at Sheraton hotel by 4pm and I better find you there Mr Johnson, and he hung up.
I was burning with hatred and anger for this man, who does he think he was? Well, by 9pm, I would be in the arms of Chinwe, the mere thought of Chinwe gave me a hard-on and took my mind briefly off the man.

Goddamn it! I am drifting already, I checked my wristwatch, it says 8:45pm, well, I had less than an hour to finish this story.

Anyway, I went to the office, did my normal routine work, and when it was 7:35pm, I called Chinwe, now Chinwe is not even my girlfriend, but a lady I call when I need it and boy! Chinwe has everything...no time to go into details.
'Hello Beyonce' I said, while looking up and dreaming of the styles I would use brutally when I see her.
'Hello Handsome, you want me right?' that was what I love about her, she knows everything.
'Yes baby, I do' I said, 'And I want you naked by the time I open your door'
She giggled happily and said alright. We talked of this and that before finally I hung up. I went downstairs to my car and drove off happily towards her house.

I got to her house around 8:39pm, I looked for a space to park my car in front of her house and only managed to find a place to squeeze my car in. as I stepped down, and decided to call Chinwe, it rang for a few times before I disconnected it myself, what was I thinking I asked myself, this was a lady getting naked already for me, I had another hard-on at the thought of seeing her. I walked up to the gate and knocked, no response, that was unusual, Akin the gate man might be a drunkard, but he is always alert when he hears the gate, I pushed the gate and it yielded...I entered and saw Akin, sleeping peacefully in his office, I shaked my head sadly and wondered how he would get another job if he gets fired from this one, anyway I walked up to Chinwe's apartment at the end of the house, and knocked before attempting to open the door, as I did...I felt an uneasy feeling down my chest, for no reason at all...I entered, she lived in a room and parlour self contained, the parlour was empty, I could smell her perfume, still feeling uneasy, I went into the room...and I found her, naked and my bare hand, she was looking up sightlesly, I didn't have to go further to look, I knew she was dead.....
Re: A Suicide Story by legendary16(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2017
Nice Story
But you need to edit the last paragraph.
you repeated it.
Re: A Suicide Story by akinsojiSenai(m): 6:18pm On May 27, 2017
legendary16:
Nice Story
But you need to edit the last paragraph.
you repeated it.
thanks

1 Like

Re: A Suicide Story by legendary16(m): 8:43pm On May 27, 2017
akinsojiSenai:
thanks
Can you start the next episode?
Re: A Suicide Story by akinsojiSenai(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2017
Chapter 2
Ok...I admit it, I was scared beyond my wits, I felt cold, hot and cold again. I just stood there, staring at her, then I moved closer...a red ribbon of blood flowed down the side of her face, it was murder! I was careful not to touch anything, should I call the cops? I thought not...in this country, calling the cops first makes the primary suspect, so I did what every normal thinking guy would do, I retraced back my steps and went out of the room, as I got to the parlour, sitting right in front of the television was a man, he was bald, had a flat nose with a long cut down the side of his face, his feet barely touched the floor, giving me the impression he was short, even with his features, he was still able to look normal, until you get to his eyes, there was something about them that makes me want to wet my pants in fear...I really don't know what I was scared of, Chinwe inside the room or the tiny man in front of me, but one thing I was so sure of was that I have never been more scared in my entire life.
I moved slowly into the room.
'Welcome, Mr Johnson' he said..as soon as I heard that voice, I knew I was deep in shit.
'Thank you sir' I replied in a voice I was ashamed of, I knew I must have been shaking like a frog and I am also sure that sight would please him.
He checked his watch like he was wasting time,
'I told you I wanted you, maybe you thought I was joking, but I am sure by now you can see how serious I am'
I nodded like a goddamn lizard, I couldn't even think well, was this blackmail? What else could it be, I asked myself.
'Mr Johnson, I am a very busy man, so I would go straight to the point, I want to kill my wife, she has been a nuisance and I want her gone, but that is not why I need you, I want to kill her with the person she is cheating on me with, and I want to be arrested, and then I want you to get me off'
I stared at him in disbelief! This man must be mad! In fact, he was mad! I wish I could tell him this to his face, but the thought of Chinwe in the other room gave me wisdom beyond measures, so instead, I looked at him, I realized I was sweating in between my buttocks.
'It can be arranged sir' I said
'Well, I don't expect anything less as if you don't get me off, you wouldn't go Scott free as I just witnessed how you killed Chinwe' he said with an evil smile on his battered face. I cursed myself over and over again, why on earth didn't I meet him? Why did the thought of immorality get the better of me?
Re: A Suicide Story by legendary16(m): 10:49am On Jun 13, 2017
next episode pls
this is becoming breath taking.

(1) (Reply)

***give It A Second Thought*** / STORY: Dan's Escape From Friend-zone / Hell On Earth (a Story) By Richard Sylvanus Tamunobere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.