Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti (6616 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Gives Drummer Jeep Worth $50,000USD / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by MAYOWAAK: 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2010
Nigerians in the United States of America have risen to mobilise suppopt for Haiti that was devastated on Tuesday by earthquake,Empowired Newswire reports.

Those leading the pack are members and leadership of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in North America where the General Overseer,Pastor E.A Adeboye is reported to have approved a sum of $50,000 to be released from the North America arm of the church to help Haiti in these trying times.

Already senior Pastor of the RCCG in North America is also the Chairman of the Church's Board of coordinators in North America,Pastor James Fadele,has directed all the parishes in the continent to take a special offering on Sunday to replace the $50,000 donated by the church.

SOURCE:SATURDAY PUNCH JANUARY 16 2010 PAGE 9
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Tudor6(f): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2010
50k?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by PastorAIO: 2:50pm On Jan 16, 2010
Tudór:

50k?

Please don't mock. If they are beginning to do the right thing then they should be encouraged not mocked, no matter how small it is.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Annunaki(m): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
And they are already asking church members to refund the money to them, what sort of church is dis
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by chigo4u: 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2010
Not them, we too should please try to donate. Nothing is small at all @ this time. What is happening in Haiti is no joke. Seriously. Nothing is small pls people. Make use of your mastercard if you have one. Visit the site on my signature for details. Lets all stand up for Haiti. The world is touched. ACT NOW PEOPLE
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by bawomolo(m): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2010
impressive
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Annunaki(m): 6:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
For a church dat rakes in millions of dollars weekly, 50k is highly unimpressive.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 17, 2010
Why are they asking members to donate again? I thought Pastor Adeboye had a Billionaires club that had funds for such emergencies? If they need to raise an offering for this what actually is d funds for the billionaires club meant for?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Annunaki(m): 7:54am On Jan 17, 2010
The billionaires club is meant for the buying and maintenance of private jets and other fantasies of the G.O which are far more important to the Redeemed organization than some disaster stricken "sinners" in haiti.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Youngichou(m): 11:06am On Jan 18, 2010
Imagine just $50000 out of the billions they make per day They didn't even donate anything. Why should we called that donation when the money are refunded.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by onlykach: 11:09am On Jan 18, 2010
It a pity that we or some of us acts like hypocrites why should redeem of all churches advertise their donation to the public, its a blatant shame!!!!! ye!! wonder will never end,   shocked
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

Imagine just $50000 out of the billions they make per day They didn't even donate anything. Why should we called that donation when the money are refunded.
how come ur church or mosque hasnt dropped 1,000 dollars?

or even you? some people dropped 50k, ure saying its too small
do u have 50k in ur acct?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Ojumiii(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2010
anyway GOD the most HIGH can differentiate between the goods and the bad
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Mbeki: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2010
MAYOWAAK:

Already senior Pastor of the RCCG in North America is also the Chairman of the Church's Board of coordinators in North America,Pastor James Fadele,has directed all the parishes in the continent to take a special offering on Sunday to replace the $50,000 donated by the church.

SOURCE:SATURDAY PUNCH JANUARY 16 2010 PAGE 9

That is not giving at all, imagine giving a stranded person transport fare at the bus stop and asking another person to replace the amount you just gave out.  This is not biblical.

Wait, what do we call a thing that gives with one hand and collect with another??
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by hatch: 11:18am On Jan 18, 2010
Annunaki:

For a church dat rakes in millions of dollars weekly, 50k is highly unimpressive.

You see the problem with an average Nigerian is that instead of participating they are busy trying to pull down ! Anyway its not your fault. If internet access was not so easily accessible you wouldn't be running your mouth like this  grin By the way Annunaki are you not the slowpoke that started a thread about God coming from a planet X ??  

aisha2:

Why are they asking members to donate again? I thought Pastor Adeboye had a Billionaires club that had funds for such emergencies? If they need to raise an offering for this what actually is d funds for the billionaires club meant for?

I know that its painful to envy and be jealous of RCCG and Pastor Adeboye   And the only way you can attract attention is to try to be sarcastic . tongue Too bad ! We have a billionaire's club and we can't bail you out !

Youngichou:

Imagine just $50000 out of the billions they make per day  They didn't even donate anything. Why should we called that donation when the money are refunded.

Its obvious the original poster is being mischievous with the closing sentence but as i have stated. Most of you on NL take the freedom of speech clause for granted. " on Sunday to replace the $50,000 donated by the church. " This statement is 100 % false and a cheap means to run RCCG down.  undecided
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Nobody: 11:20am On Jan 18, 2010
@hatch
whats happening in 2012?
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by lee007(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2010
For Heaven Sake you RCCG haters should just go find work to do, who told you thats all RCCG is going to Do, for what its worth, that is still the single largest response from Nigeria, even the Fedral government hasent done jack!

By the way,the $50,000 donation was even donated by RCCG Church in America.

It was announced in church on sunday for us to donate to this people and I did, I am so happy the church provides Me an oppurtunity to affect peoples lives positively,  by the Time the donations and pledges are sent to Haiti by RCCG worldwide u might hear the figures,

RCCG is not a money making Machine you guys should just be careful of what you say so that you dont get eaten by BEASTS!!!!

A word is said to be enough for the wise,

The Lord Reigns grin grin cool!!!!
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by frgy1: 11:26am On Jan 18, 2010
At least dem do somthing. How many other churches, mosques, or individuals don do that much in 9ja?. At al at al na hin bad

but dat mony smal 4 RCCG o. Mak we no lie.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by blackasia: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2010
at least they are listerning now, instead of buying jeep or private jumbo
anyway more grease to there elbow
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by kemisuga(f): 11:39am On Jan 18, 2010
Well, I gave a token, at my parish yestaday.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Youngichou(m): 11:44am On Jan 18, 2010
@sleek let me get you a little bit exposed it seems you have a very flimpsy thinking. Did you sat down and have a propal unbiased and microscopic view to this you will note that this is not giving y should you give and ask some one to pay back of all it's a church. @ hatch pls pls it seems you dont like when people speak the truth i now know the kind of BOY you are
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by idifu(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2010
there are lot of RCCG members in Naija here dat need financial aid urgently, how can you donate to Haiti when some of your own church members are starving, dont av roof over their heads, cant afford to pay their kids school fees e.t.c
He should start from here and not from there, charity they say begins from home.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Tonyet1(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2010
$50,000 converted to Haiti gourde is ($50,000 X HTG 40.25) = HTG 2,012,500,

Boy this cash is over N7.5 million in our currency.

I think RCCG should be applauded.

Even more to the fact that it was given from a generous heart is something worth commending.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by milkan05(m): 11:55am On Jan 18, 2010
Though I don't see a problem with giving, I strongly believe in what the bible says about giving - But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: Matt 6:3
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Youngichou(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ idifu if nairaland award's the best commenter i will give it to you @ tonye t applaud them for what let me ask you a question ARENT THEY CHRISTIAN DON'T THEY KNOW THE VERSE OF THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS WHEN GIVING WITH YOUR RIGHT DONT LET YOUR LEFT AWARE
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by slap1(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
some peepz will neva stop amazing me. how much will be enough? God bless R C C G.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Tonyet1(m): 12:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

@ tonye t applaud them for what let me ask you a question ARENT THEY CHRISTIAN DON'T THEY KNOW THE VERSE OF THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS WHEN GIVING WITH YOUR RIGHT DONT LET YOUR LEFT AWARE

Its so funny how peeps seek avenues to condemn even a commendable act. undecided Why should that be an issue? At least they gave and its something we should commend them for  kiss kiss and you never know if the news leaked thru' the press you're here shouting in CAPS like a wounded chicken. angry angry  Nigerians! God help us.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by slap1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
@youngichou. learn how to type slowly and meaninfully.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by lee007(m): 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
Anyone who has not giving to Haiti, in support of RCCGs Donation or is sympathetic to their plight has no right of reply or post here, common guys this people are in distress and who told you RCCg does not take care of things at home,

Have you heard about RCCG feeding destitutes, prisoneers and soo on regularly, I have been part of it!

Please if you hate the church just voice it, Nigerians cant help seeing something they are not part of succeed why!

RCCG to the Rescue Haiti cool
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Afam4eva(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
$50000 is way to small for a church like RCCG that's worth billions of dollars. But it's better than not giving anything at all like Nigeria.
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by Youngichou(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ tonye t i now see that you are a kinda flimpsy thinking human. How would you expect a news like that to leak to the press it didn't they did share and broadcasted it WE ARE NIGERIANS
Re: Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti by idifu(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
i am not hating on Adeboye or wateva i'm just saying it as it is, and the truth is wat i have said, hate it or love it. who cares,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Spiritual Attack Is Real. How To Protect Yourself / The Usefulness And Importance Of Trials And Temptations / Words Of Wisdom From Lucifer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.