Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix (62522 Views)

Flames And Death! An Uncountable Explosion And Death Tolls Under Governor Obiano / Photos Showing Anambra State Under PDP VP Candidate Peter Obi Vs Governor Obiano / Achievement Of Akwa Ibom State Under Gov. Udom Emmanuel Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by iokpebholo: 8:26am On May 28, 2017
Good. let kogi and venue show their project make I see.

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by DonALdep(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2017
That's My Governor. Akwa Ibom Dakkada!

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by hornyofife: 8:38am On May 28, 2017
Not bad.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by udemzyudex(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2017
Akwa ibom state needs investors, factories, this governor is not innovative.

Akwa ibom state to me is lacking behind after collecting the biggest allocation.
The state shouldn't boast about only Roads, udom be innovative.

9 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Turaki4Presiden: 9:03am On May 28, 2017
Thank you very much for this thread @rozayx5. I am particularly excited and interested in what is happening in that area of the country.
I was there between December and February and saw the level of work going on in the Oron/Okobo/Mbo area.
I will be in Nigeria again in June and hope to stay 4 weeks in AkwaIbom and take pictures and videos to add to this thread.

God bless AkwaIbom state.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Turaki4Presiden: 9:06am On May 28, 2017
udemzyudex:
Akwa ibom state needs investors, factories, this governor is not innovative.

Akwa ibom state to me is lacking behind after collecting the biggest allocation.
The state shouldn't boast about only Roads, udom be innovative.

No investors or factory will move into any state without adequate infrastructures, especially roads to enable them evacuate and move their products,materials and personnel with ease.

Although, Udom can start attracting investors to the area with already good infrastructures , the Ibom tropicana comes to mind...he should ensure that place is finished without delay and modelled into places like Disney world in Florida, Sea and movie world here in Australia. That alone can generate huge income for the state with multiplier effect on hotels etc

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Agumbankembu: 9:10am On May 28, 2017
The governor is trying, and he sabi dash money too,
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by udemzyudex(m): 9:35am On May 28, 2017
Turaki4Presiden:

No investors or factory will move into any state without adequate infrastructures, especially roads to enable them evacuate and move their products,materials and personnel with ease.

Although, Udom can start attracting investors to the area with already good infrastructures , the Ibom tropicana comes to mind...he should ensure that place is finished without delay and modelled into places like Disney world in Florida, Sea and movie world here in Australia. That alone can generate huge income for the state with multiplier effect on hotels etc

There are lots of good roads in Akwa ibom state already, thanks to the last administration.

Akwa ibom state needs investors, have seen other state government going abroad to woo investors, what has he done to such possible in Akwa ibom state?

To me, this administration is not working.

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Benekruku(m): 11:01am On May 28, 2017

And Fayose is busy feeding Ekiti state people refugees

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by sunnysunny69(m): 11:05am On May 28, 2017
Lovely I must say.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by daimsy(f): 11:06am On May 28, 2017
God bless Our dear Governor.
Oya! everybody dakkadda and clap for my State mbok...proudly AKWAIBOMITE.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Nobody: 11:08am On May 28, 2017
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Mmaxix: 11:09am On May 28, 2017
[Very mediocre and rubbish so called projects for a state that is the highest revenue earner in the country.
What has he done in the Oron axis apart from that cut and join nonsense road he claims will lead to the phantom Ibaka seaport. It will take him seven terms to meet up to Akpabio's achievements not to talk of surpassing them.
Quote me and see thunder fire u from all angles. angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by mmsen: 11:14am On May 28, 2017
mr1759:
road is the least of what we need in the present day Nigeria

but is the greatest achievement of Nig politician

Without roads you don't have a means of transporting goods or services which you means you don't have an economy.

They are very much needed but this should be the bare minimum.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by muller101(m): 11:16am On May 28, 2017
Good road network. We need industries as well. Revive the dead ones. Like paper mill, quality ceramics. Sun shine battery , ascon etc

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by seniorkachion(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2017
psucc:
Tell him we need food to be able to walk, run or even drive on those roads. He should implement promotions, pay civil servants their leave grants, and other entitlements.

How can somebody receives promotion letter with effect from 2014 but with financial benefit from 2016 yet till date he is still paid his previous salary without implementing the new promotion.

Na wao. Akwa Ibom too. My wife teaching in a govt school in Abia went for promotion interview for level 09.but as I write this she is still being paid on level 07. They were made to pay 15k before the promotion paper could be released.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Nobody: 11:17am On May 28, 2017
This Particular governor is a disappointment to me, because as a former ED of a bank, I had expected 'miracles' from day one. Now these roads look sub-standard compared to what Akpabio built in that State. AKS receives the highest Allocation from FG and yet, I had expected to see magic. But the governor is just confused at the moment. I am interested in getting assets there, the last time I visited, I went to buy a house at Shelter Afrique, and I realized that Lekki Houses are cheaper and more beautiful. The cost of of assets there are just nonsensically exhorbitant because the local politicians there just steal money and buy assets at unrealistic prices. The only business they know is fuel station dotting every angle. A house I would have bought for 80 million in Lekki cost up to 120m at Shelter Afrique, that was an absolute turn off.

If things improve there, count me in, I will step and get a few hectars. You must make your land cheap for investors to come in. Ogun State and Ondo State lands are cheaper. Nature is not creating new land, we need to put our names on the sands of time, where ever the citizens make it business friendly.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by tizzle(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2017
Nothing in Eket or Ibeno? na wa o...
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Afam4eva(m): 11:20am On May 28, 2017
Billyonaire:
This Particular governor is a disappointment to me, because as a former ED of a bank, I had expected 'miracles' from day one. Now these roads look sub-standard compared to what Akpabio built in that State. AKS receives the highest Allocation from FG and yet, I had expected to see magic. But the governor is just confused at the moment. I am interested in getting assets there, the last time I visited, I went to buy a house at Shelter Afrique, and I realized that Lekki Houses are cheaper and more beautiful. But cos a house I would have bought for 80 million in Lekki cost up to 120m at Shelter Afrique, that was an absolute turn off.

If things improve there, count me in, I will step and get a few hectars. Nature is not creating new land, we need to put our names on the sands of time, where ever the citizens make it business friendly.
Those roads don't look sub standard, though i can't compare it with roads built by Akpabio.

I wish Enugu had the kind of money at Akwa Ibom's disposal. I can imagine the huge impact it would make. Akwa Ibom has succeeded in putting in place the basic infrastructure in place. What is left, is to empower the people who will i turn build a model city for the state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by AtlanticBreeze: 11:22am On May 28, 2017
for a state that receives the highest allocations, this projects are both substandard and underwhelming

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by HisSexcellency(m): 11:23am On May 28, 2017
How far with the deep sea port at oron
He was elected mainly cuz of it

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Nobody: 11:26am On May 28, 2017
I didn't see infrastructures in Oron. Its Oron not among Akwa Ibom?

That white man, is he from Akwa Ibom?

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by FBIL: 11:28am On May 28, 2017
Nigerians love leaders who scam them yet they complain of poverty and unemployment. This man receives monthly allocation with 13% derivation and Paris club money yet all I could see here is roads tainted with charcoal and you illiterate poor Journalist will collect crumbs to write crap.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Mmaxix: 11:30am On May 28, 2017
Billyonaire:
This Particular governor is a disappointment to me, because as a former ED of a bank, I had expected 'miracles' from day one. Now these roads look sub-standard compared to what Akpabio built in that State. AKS receives the highest Allocation from FG and yet, I had expected to see magic. But the governor is just confused at the moment. I am interested in getting assets there, the last time I visited, I went to buy a house at Shelter Afrique, and I realized that Lekki Houses are cheaper and more beautiful. The cost of of assets there are just nonsensically exhorbitant because the local politicians there just steal money and buy assets at unrealistic prices. The only business they know is fuel station dotting every angle. A house I would have bought for 80 million in Lekki cost up to 120m at Shelter Afrique, that was an absolute turn off.

If things improve there, count me in, I will step and get a few hectars. You must make your land cheap for investors to come in. Ogun State and Ondo State lands are cheaper. Nature is not creating new land, we need to put our names on the sands of time, where ever the citizens make it business friendly.
Honestly he is a failure and big disappointment from all standards. I had thought that with his background ,working with someone like Jim Ovia will make him a blessing to Akwa Ibom but the man is so confused. What is his economic blueprint for the state? Does he have vibrant economic thinkers in his cabinet? I don't think so. Common street lights leading to the airport are no longer functional and he flies that airport road with his nonsense outriders almost on a daily basis.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by gameboyo: 11:31am On May 28, 2017
Turaki4Presiden:

The guy isn't aware that we now have a functional toothpick and pencil manufacturing industry in akwa ibom piloted by the current state government.
Even the hatchery in uruan for day old chicks is working and the demand for supply has even exceeded the supply. The remodeling of eket urban roads which was abandoned is worth an applause. Some people are naturally bent on criticizing, no matter what u set out to achieve.
My problem is that, this companies funded by the state government shouldn't be run by state governments, if not, we'll have issues cos government can't do businesses

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by gameboyo: 11:32am On May 28, 2017
udemzyudex:

There are lots of good roads in Akwa ibom state already, thanks to the last administration.

Akwa ibom state needs investors, have seen other state government going abroad to woo investors, what has he done to such possible in Akwa ibom state?

To me, this administration is not working.

Are u base in akwa ibom?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by obi58: 11:34am On May 28, 2017
Mmaxix:
[Very mediocre and rubbish so called projects for a state that is the highest revenue earner in the country.
What has he done in the Oron axis apart from that cut and join nonsense road he claims will lead to the phantom Ibaka seaport. It will take him seven terms to meet up to Akpabio's achievements not to talk of surpassing them.
Quote me and see thunder fire u from all angles. angry angry

My thoughts exactly! Don't be deceived by these pictures... All residents in Akwa ibom know that Udom has vastly under performed compared to his predecessor Akpabio who made Akwa Ibom so great that everyone in Nigeria knew something great was happening in the state. Udom has not even been able to maintain the street lighting contracts on all the major roads in Uyo as often times now street lights work only when there is light and if peradventure the bubls are still functional from Pre udom era. Even common tropicana and ikot ekpene road shamefully still remain uncompleted projects with all the allocation the state is receiving! Till today he has not even completed the portion of the road to Aba from Ikot Ekpene yet he is playing to the gallery claiming this and that. Two years down the road, no factory has started working in Akwa Ibom etc etc

I am not saying Udom has not done some projects but truth be told under his administration, Akwa Ibom has retrogressed from one of the fastest developing states in the country to one of the mediocre oil producing states just like Delta state with all the allocation to it

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Nobody: 11:35am On May 28, 2017
Afam4eva:

Those roads don't look sub standard, though i can't compare it with roads built by Akpabio.

I wish Enugu had the kind of money at Akwa Ibom's disposal. I can imagine the huge impact it would make. Akwa Ibom has succeeded in putting in place the basic infrastructure in place. What is left, is to empower the people who will i turn build a model city for the state.

There is so much money flowing into that State, yet these are the projects you see. This governor is just too local. He needs to come to Ambode for lectures. I had expected him to build projects for tomorrow, not these nonsense. Akwa Ibom under Akpabio was in the right hands and I hope Udom wakes up and smell the coffee.

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by obi58: 11:38am On May 28, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is so much money flowing into that State, yet these are the projects you see. This governor is just too local. He needs to come to Ambode for lectures. I had expected him to build projects for tomorrow, not these nonsense. Akwa Ibom under Akpabio was in the right hands and I hope Udom wakes up and smell the coffee.

O kare Jo!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2017
The syringe company is just the only project being embarked on that i got impressed...let him keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Yusuf4: 11:42am On May 28, 2017
He get pride why us he working with stick mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IPOB Finance Headquarters Is In France - Lai Mohammed / Sheikh Ibrahim Zak'zaky's House Destroyed By The Army - Sahara Reporters / Wike Drives Into Opobo Kingdom, Makes History As First Governor To Do So

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.