Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,843 members, 7,806,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix (62516 Views)

Flames And Death! An Uncountable Explosion And Death Tolls Under Governor Obiano / Photos Showing Anambra State Under PDP VP Candidate Peter Obi Vs Governor Obiano / Achievement Of Akwa Ibom State Under Gov. Udom Emmanuel Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by gameboyo: 2:42pm On May 28, 2017
otomatic:

Is this one state owned?. Cos I heard over the radio that it's owned by some Turkish investors.
It's a ppp (public private partnership). Both parties stands to benefit

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:44pm On May 28, 2017
state secretariat

annex

more comfortable for workers i guess

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by gameboyo: 2:45pm On May 28, 2017
eph123:

No one came to rain on your parade when posting Tinubu square as an achievement, so why rain on someone else's huh?
Some of them are too sentimental and reacting to their ill informed post/comments and motives at times may not be cool. These are people that celebrate mediocrity, yet can't appreciate good deeds.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by gameboyo: 2:47pm On May 28, 2017
rozayx5:

i tire for them

with billions of igr ambode commissioned an over head bridge and no one jumped in to shout build factory.

but since its not the sw . some people are already bitter

Ikpa, some of them are naturally wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Biggcake: 2:48pm On May 28, 2017
rozayx5:
ctd..

80percent complete
Sharrap, which 80percent complete? Say what you know and stop lying.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:48pm On May 28, 2017
jobs and more jobs

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:49pm On May 28, 2017
cool cool

more jobs

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Biggcake: 2:52pm On May 28, 2017
rozayx5:
cool

Akwa Ibom State University
What happens to all those dilapidated primary schools along Ikot Ekpene road and Nwaniba road?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2017
more roads still being built

dont die a hater just criticize constructively

we Akwa Ibomites dont hate people wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:56pm On May 28, 2017
Feed Mill

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2017
gameboyo:

Ikpa, some of them are naturally wicked.

i will keep posting pix, anyone who does not like development can help increase the already high suicide rate caused by change cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by otomatic(m): 2:59pm On May 28, 2017
gameboyo:

It's a ppp (public private partnership). Both parties stands to benefit

OK. Thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by otomatic(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2017
deomello:

Thanks. I'm enlightened.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2017
Agriculture

Large Scale tomato farming cool

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:02pm On May 28, 2017
cool cool
more tomatoes cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
donation of palm oil mill

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by geraldo077: 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
Having spent one year in akwa ibom state and also going to different local govt areas in the state,I must confess akwa ibom has one of the best road network comparable to abuja.......But, the most critical problem for that state is unemployment due to lack of industries in the state......Udom should embark on an aggresive drive to bring investors to akwa ibom state and also laise with neighbouring states on how to fix the federal roads leading to akwa ibom state since the fed govt has refused to do their job.As for the ibaka seaport,do you think Lagos would want to share with any state Knowing fully well that majority of importers are from the south east.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
more oil cool

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Blue3k(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
gameboyo:

State government alone can't handle a seaport project and do not even have the power to do so, that's d truth and the fg doesn't want to intervene which is so sad.
Ibaka deep sea port is the deepest sea port in West Africa without dredging. The fg is actually stalling this lofty dreams

Reference:

The Feds will not listen to anything seaports outside Lagos. That has been made clear for a number of years now.

Wrong the non completion has nothing to do with Federal Government. They simply haven't reached step of construction. Next big point. The port is PPP. 20% Akwa Ibom, 20% and 80 private. The federal government already allocated land as well as gave 50 year concession and gave FTZ.

Federal Government already made it clear Ibom deep seaports is priority. They collect tax money on all the port they could care less where it's at. No need for necessary conspiracy's.

Akwa Ibom is at Full Business Case and Procurement stage. All these should done 2017 and construction 2018 if i remember right. The project completed around 2020 when Buhari administration completes coastal rail.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by deomello: 3:11pm On May 28, 2017
geraldo077:
Having spent one year in akwa ibom state and also going to different local govt areas in the state,I must confess akwa ibom has one of the best road network comparable to abuja.......But, the most critical problem for that state is unemployment due to lack of industries in the state......Udom should embark on an aggresive drive to bring investors to akwa ibom state and also laise with neighbouring states on how to fix the federal roads leading to akwa ibom state since the fed govt has refused to do their job[b].As for the ibaka seaport,do you think Lagos would want to share with any state Knowing fully well that majority of importers are from the south east.[/b]

Despite the yearly allocation of several billions of naira for the construction of a proposed greenfield deep seaport at Ibaka in Akwa Ibom State by both the State Government and the Nigeria Ports Authority (NPA) since 2011, the project has remained elusive, with no evidence of a port being built at the proposed site.

The project is missing in the National Integrated Infrastructure Master Plan and in the list of similar projects planned in partnership between the federal government and state government, with expectations of private investors collaborations, investigations by LEADERSHIP have revealed.

The Ibaka Deep Seaport, a project for which the federal ministry of transport, the NPA and the Akwa Ibom State Government have held several workshops and taken commendations at several events is also missing in a maritime and air transport report prepared by Steer Davies Gleave for the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa (ICA) hosted by

The African Development Bank.

The study, which was carried out to assess the potential for enhanced private participation in the maritime and air transport sectors in Africa however identified the Lekki Deep Seaport measuring 970m of container berths, 320m dry bulk berth, 1-2 oil berths and located 60km east of Lagos.

The Badagry greefield port, Koko Port and Olokola Port were also listed with their capacity and promoters.

The water at Ibaka is said to have a natural draft of 11 metres, without dredging, making it a huge potential for possible deep seaport construction.

Akwa Ibom State has continued to budget for the port, which Governor Godswill Akpabio said would create employment for 100,000 Nigerians.

The NPA had also told LEADERSHIP in Uyo at the PCC meeting that the deep seaport would be completed in 2015.

When LEADERSHIP visited the proposed site of the deep seaport at Ibaka, there was nothing to show that a seaport was being planned at coastal community.

A lonely dilapidated narrow road, better described as a colonial road leads to Ibaka, from Oron. As early as 2011, the Akwa Ibom State Governor told a Nigeria Ports Consultative Council (PCC) meeting in Uyo that his government had concluded plans to dualise the road.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201312160580.html

Akpabio budgets billions every year for this invisible seaport.

1. Ibaka seaport is not in the FG gazette and there is zero FG budget for it.

Meaning the FG doesn't know anything about this seaport officially

2. Akpabio budgets billions for this bridge every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pockets free billions every year.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:13pm On May 28, 2017
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by sucre: 3:16pm On May 28, 2017
Wash wash nothing dey happen for akwa Ibom state.high unemployment rate and poverty has taken over the state in the past 2 years.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by rozayx5(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2017
bumper harvests

wink

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by ocelot2006(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2017
udemzyudex:

There are lots of good roads in Akwa ibom state already, thanks to the last administration.

Akwa ibom state needs investors, have seen other state government going abroad to woo investors, what has he done to such possible in Akwa ibom state?

To me, this administration is not working.

There's nothing wrong with this administration building additional civil infrastructures, road inclusive. The previous administration was truly and totally remarkable BUT we have to admit that there's still more room for improvement. Yes we need desperately need to attract investors, and that has been a focal point of the Udom Administration. But creating an investor friendly environment is equally of utmost importance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Blue3k(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2017
deomello:

Akpabio budgets billions every year for this invisible seaport.

1. Ibaka seaport is not in the FG gazette and there is zero FG budget for it.

Meaning the FG doesn't know anything about this seaport officially

2. Akpabio budgets billions for this bridge every year with not even bush clearing or fence erected.

Meaning Akpabio pockets free billions every year.

Do you believe all of the cash was spent? I have no love for him I've heard stories about him. This reminds me of the light lagos rail since 2011 in that it still hasn't been completed with $1 billion budgeted.

Blue3k:
9 years, 1 billion dollars and 4 missed deadlines later. What's the next deadline for project are they going announce.

16km out of 27km complete for blue line only. Then for red and blue priority projects is only 58km. Total for mass rail is 246km.

Ps we're talking about blue line being fully operational only. Not the whole mass Transit system.

Source: Source: http://venturesafrica.com/december-knocking-where-lagos-light-rail/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by eph123(f): 3:31pm On May 28, 2017
Blue3k:

Do you believe all of the cash was spent? I have no love for him I've heard stories about him. This reminds me of the light lagos rail since 2011 in that still hasn't been completed with $1 billion budgeted.

Hehehehe. Classic cheesy
Let Mr Tinubu square come and answer this one, since he knows all things.

I know seguno2 has asked about this light rail project a number of times, so oya let's know where the billions spent on it vanished to.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Reference(m): 3:43pm On May 28, 2017
otomatic:

Is this one state owned?. Cos I heard over the radio that it's owned by some Turkish investors.

Government should not own any business. The furthest they should go will be non controlling equity or the whole thing will just get bogged down in typical government inefficiencies.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Reference(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2017
Feraz:
Permit me sir but can you explain further? Does it mean what those from SErn Nigeria have been saying about the FG stifling the growth of other ports except Lagos is true? Any idea why people also do not share the above school of thought if true?

Just ignore Abeg!

You will not understand. We have been over this issue several times over the past decade. I am not aware that anything has changed from the reports I get.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Reference(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2017
Blue3k:

Wrong the non completion has nothing to do with Federal Government. They simply haven't reached step of construction. Next big point. The port is PPP. 20% Akwa Ibom, 20% and 80 private. The federal government already allocated land as well as gave 50 year concession and gave FTZ.

Federal Government already made it clear Ibom deep seaports is priority. They collect tax money on all the port they could care less where it's at. No need for necessary conspiracy's.

Akwa Ibom is at Full Business Case and Procurement stage. All these should done 2017 and construction 2018 if i remember right. The project completed around 2020 when Buhari administration completes coastal rail.

Construction is not the problem. There are several seaports along the coast of Nigeria. Akwa Ibom is not an independent state. Like I have often said. Before embarking on any project learn from those who have tried before. To better their attempts and cut out their mistakes.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by mechanics(m): 3:52pm On May 28, 2017
Nice, i pray he finishes all project he has started before his tenure ends.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by tuniski: 3:56pm On May 28, 2017
psucc:
Tell him we need food to be able to walk, run or even drive on those roads. He should implement promotions, pay civil servants their leave grants, and other entitlements.

How can somebody receives promotion letter with effect from 2014 but with financial benefit from 2016 yet till date he is still paid his previous salary without implementing the new promotion.
Leadership isn't all about paying civil servants who are less than 1% of the population. He should carry on with what impact the greater majority.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix by Reference(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2017
rozayx5:
jobs and more jobs

This is exceptional. I think it is the model other governors should emulate. Have periods where you invest massively in infrastructure, then have a subsequent period where you raise human capital, devoting maximum resources to job creation. It is a healthier balance for development.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buratai Takes A Selfie With His Pet, A Snake / IPOB Finance Headquarters Is In France - Lai Mohammed / Oil Bunkering Led To Okuama Killing Of 17 Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.