Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada (43886 Views)

Fans Go Violent After Naira Marley Was Barred From Performing At Unilag / Singer Diamond Platinumz Banned From Performing In Tanzania And Abroad / Ebonyi Government Stops Flavour From Performing In Abakaliki. Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by pheyhi(f): 4:38pm On May 28, 2017
His career has been stagnant for a while now... It helps to know that there are some people you should never try to cross

Wish Ebun all the best
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by obowunmi(m): 4:39pm On May 28, 2017
Niyi likes to sue every body sha

How does he have any money for lawyer fees? undecided undecided undecided
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 28, 2017
Niyi Fatogun? shocked
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 28, 2017
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by LordOfNaira: 4:44pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

$25k ??

Come on, this is an insult

He can pay that 25k without going to the bank

False news

False news

And that's a big lie, you can't just wake up and take someone to the supreme Court, you must go through several courts before you can go to Supreme Court

Do you know how much you would pay a lawyer ??
More than that $25k you said he owns you

You can never take someone to a Supreme Court if the case isn't a federal case

Hungry bloggers​, you can do better than this

Bro, 25, 000 dollars is not 25, 000 naira o.

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by raregem1andonly(f): 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
I need friends in Florida.
Pls mail me samuelfavour22@gmail.com
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Bro, 25, 000 dollars is not 25, 000 naira o.

Sorry

I haven't touched naira in like 10 years

$25k is just 7 million naira, have you had 7 million naira cash which solely belongs to you ?? If no, we shouldn't be talking
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by LordOfNaira: 4:51pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Sorry

I haven't touched naira in like 10 years

$25k is just 7 million naira, have you had 7 million naira cash which solely belongs to you ?? If no, we shouldn't be talking

No, I have not. Maybe, you can help me with some millions. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:57pm On May 28, 2017
LordOfNaira:

No, I have not. Maybe, you can help me with some millions. Yeye dey smell.

Dawg

Calm down, tell me your profession and i will hire you and pay you 100 times for than what you charge

I can't just give you money to prove that i have it abundantly
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by otimothy(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2017
Go school them no gree, I want to be a blogger just negodu,a US court placing a ban on him from performing in Canada, two different country.
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Richydos(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2017
OKorowanta:
Smoked major herbs and forgot he's been booked.
Lolzzzzz in burna boy's mind he surely doesn't give a crap about d US, UK or even d planet called earth
All he wanna do is just 2 Smoke some weed!!!
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by id911(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Dawg

Calm down, tell me your profession and i will hire you and pay you 100 times for than what you charge

I can't just give you money to prove that i have it abundantly

Hire me bro cos I seriously need it or assist in any way necessary according to your capability
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2017
Freshsnoow1:
Do you want to me to draw you like the cartoon here?

Contact me for an affordable price.. What'sapp or call 08169177163

You're good
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by banmee(m): 6:10pm On May 28, 2017
360frolic:
A US Supreme Federal Court in NewYork has slammed an injunction against musical artist Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu popularly known as BurnaBoy.

The injunction prevents him from performing at any event venue or any form of recording anywhere in USA & Canada for the time being unless he settles with the New York- based promotion company, Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, founded by promoter/producer, Niyi Fatogun.

Burna Boy is an independent artist signed under the Burna Boy Ltd and released his OAS LP under Spaceship Entertainment label that presently holds the copyright to all his music.

He was sued in the Federal Court by Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, on allegations that he signed a contract for 2016 USA & Canada Tour, failed to turn up, postponed the tour which put the promoter Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, in serious debt in the United States.

Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, was said to have invested up to $25,000 US Dollars in preparation and facilitating the tour.

The issue started after the promoter, Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, obtained USA Work Permit approval visa for Burna Boy, then Burna Boy failed to honour the contractual agreement.

The promoter, Niyi Fatogun, hired professional entertainment lawyer, Takena Barango to represent Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, on Wednesday May17th, 2017, at the Supreme Court in New York.

The judge ordered a court injunction on Burna Boy outside US Tour, until Burna Boy Ltd settles the promoter for the financial loss Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, suffered due to breach of trust.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/us-court-forbids-burna-boy-from.html

cc lalasticlala

Lol, the U.S supreme federal court? Haba.

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by mmng: 6:13pm On May 28, 2017
25k what?
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by mmng: 6:16pm On May 28, 2017
Burna Burna!!! YIMU
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by mmng: 6:17pm On May 28, 2017
How are we sure it's fake news?
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by ArewaTech1(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2017
I'm not understanding here o, is Canada under US or wetin? Please enlighten me
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by mostHandsome01: 6:23pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

End of his career because of a mere $25k ?? Poverty is a disease

I can pay off that debt without going to the bank, not even to talk about Burna boy who started making millions of dollars at the age of 18

Being a Glo ambassador made him a cool 60 mil

You can smell the end of his career but can't smell the poverty that is wrecking your life

see this one, you have an idea how much a million dollar is ?? not to talk of millions of dollars.

smh!!!

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by slap1(m): 6:26pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

I can pay off that debt without going to the bank, not even to talk about Burna boy who started making millions of dollars at the age of 18

You can smell the end of his career but can't smell the poverty that is wrecking your life

Why the thing pain you pass Burna Boy?

3 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by zaho1(m): 6:27pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

that is how your type dey make mouth but if i ask for 500 naira card now you no go fit send.. Mtchewwww

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by texazzpete(m): 6:41pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

60 million NAIRA. And part of that sum will go to his label/management.

There are many fishy things about this blog post. For one, what is 'New York Supreme Court'? And nobody is going to litigate and ask for only $25k back...legal fees alone will gulp the lot.
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by bencarson007(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2017
OKorowanta:
Smoked major herbs and forgot he's been booked.

Guy you are wicked... Which one is major herb again...
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by panpan(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2017
ArewaTech1:
I'm not understanding here o, is Canada under US or wetin? Please enlighten me

I was wondering about this as well. How can a US court extend its jurisdiction to another country?
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by godquality: 6:57pm On May 28, 2017
Dat Afroman Song fit this story.

I was going to perform at a show till i got high ....
They took away my right to perform in the US because i was high because i was high because i was high ....
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by IhateAfonjas(m): 7:01pm On May 28, 2017
texazzpete:

There are many fishy things about this blog post. For one, what is 'New York Supreme Court'? And nobody is going to litigate and ask for only $25k back...legal fees alone will gulp the lot.

$25k is 60 million naira ?? In what country ??
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by adegeye38(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

and who told u so?, he started millions of dollars @ d age of 18 what evidence do u have to bak dah up?, just because he flaunts doesnt mean he is that rich, the fact is that he is not that rich, nd d ones he make from music, he spends it lavishly ( what helped him early in music was because he came from a wealthy background), d money we r talking abt is abt 10 million naira, nd he might nt have that amount (at the moment) m into entertainment so i understand, the money comes and goes, and unless u invest it into something tangible, u will have problems sooner or later.
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

o boy u get money oo can u help me promot my song plz

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Noblesoul123: 7:26pm On May 28, 2017
texazzpete:

In the US, some states have supreme courts.

They don't practice the same central structure like we have here.

That's where true federalism is practiced.
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Jaideyone(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

I'm not the guy you quoted but the way you took the guy's comment so personal is just baffling. learn to be less emotional about things.

BTW we both know you do have 500dollars not to Mention 25k dollars. u can bite me now

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 28, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

jeeeez! man! you sound like you are his accountant and was there when he received the 60 million cheque grin grin. when mike tyson was famous and was believed to have made millions of dollars he was infact near bankruptcy, all i am saying is don't believe everything you read just like this story might be false too. ciao! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Demmie Vee To Kizz Daniel: You Are A Traitor, Collected My N15 Million To Boost / Maje Ayida Defeats Toke Makinwa In Court, Awarded 1 Million Naira In Damages / Sophia Momodu And Tania Omotayo Hang Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.