Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Benefits Of Olive Oil - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Benefits Of Olive Oil (682 Views)

Olive Baboon Available For Sale In Lagos, Call Or Whatsapp 08063360693 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Olive Oil by tobolos(m): 10:39pm On May 28, 2017
Good evening Petlanders, it's quite a while here. I shall be sharing with us topics discussed on DLW whatsapp group.

I would love us to do research on effective and affordable on ways of improving and maintaining a shiny coats on our friends. Good healthy feeding is the key but the economy is not really helping matters...

Ever since I exhausted my DLW feed which comprises of daily canine needs, I have been researching on alternative means of maintaining shiny coats, expecially on my St. Bernard.
coconut oil and fish oil(both present in DLW feed) are very good too but not quite cheap.

My researches led me to olive oil. I found out the following about the oil and this made me to get some bottles instantly for trials.

Here are the benefits;
1. It smells good and hence a good attractant.

2.it helps to burn off excessive fat

3. It promotes optimal health

Rich in monounsaturated fats, olive oil prevents and lessens the effects of cardiovascular disease and diabetes . It contains oleic acid, in addition to some compounds (squalene and terpenoids) that are believed to be effective in preventing cancer, which kills a staggering 50 percent of dogs over age 10.

4. It defends the immune system

With high levels of antioxidants — including polyphenols, vitamin E, chlorophyll, and carotenoids — olive oil is very effective at arming the body’s immune system so it can efficiently fight off disease.

5. It extends canine longevity

Dogs don’t live nearly as long as we want them to, but nothing looks sadder than a young dog going gray before his time. Olive oil prevents free radical cell oxidation , which can lead to premature aging, so it works to help keep your dog looking as vibrantly youthful as he did in his salad days.

6. It’s a brain food

Olive oil helps prevent the cognitive decline associated with aging in all species, so be sure to serve it to senior dogs at least once daily, to keep their minds beautiful and cloud-free. This is especially important if your dog is a super-smartie, such as a Border Collie, Poodle, or Mensa mutt.

7. It provides an energy boost

Circulation improves and breathing comes more easily with a daily dose of olive oil — it helps increase blood flow and, in humans, lessens the effects of asthma. So, by extension, it can be a dogsend for brachycephalic breeds such as the Bulldog, who sometimes struggle to breathe.

8. It’s also a beauty treatment

There’s more to olive oil than mere substance — it’s a style statement, too! Long used to beautify human hair and skin, olive oil can do the same for canines. Condition your dog’s coat from the inside out with a daily serving, which helps to impart moisture and gleam to even the driest, dullest fur.

9.its cheaper when compared to coconut oil and fish oil.
It's better when added directly to feed i.e after cooking
This is a research discussion and would want us to further on this and make our findings known to the entire house.....
Tobolos( Culled from DLW whatsapp group)
Re: Benefits Of Olive Oil by smartty68(m): 10:54pm On May 28, 2017
Your thread is in a wrong section OP.
Re: Benefits Of Olive Oil by Noaril(m): 1:35am On May 29, 2017
as long as it can fry akara am owkay.. anytin else I don't wanna hear
Re: Benefits Of Olive Oil by tobolos(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2017
Bro, take time to read through

smartty68:
Your thread is in a wrong section OP.

(1) (Reply)

4mnths Old Male Slant Back German Sherperd For Sale / I Need An Imported Male Siberian Husky / GSD Puppies Are Ready For New Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.