Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:34 AM

Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix (2502 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks / Let discus overheating And general radiator cooling system ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by watchworldpro: 8:56am On May 29, 2017
I created this thread for Toyota matrix users. Expert opinions from Reputable Mechanics or users are welcome. Users having issues with their matrix can also share their experiences.

In this format :

Year of Matrix : ****

Drivetrain : 4wd or 2wd

Issue : (e.g excessive fuel consumption )

Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by khaleesi(f): 3:08pm On May 29, 2017
Mine is a Toyota Matrix 2006 4WD, my power steerling pump keeps failing, I have changed it twice already...I wonder if anyone can advise on what could be the cause?
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by watchworldpro: 8:01pm On May 29, 2017
khaleesi:
Mine is a Toyota Matrix 2006 4WD, my power steerling pump keeps failing, I have changed it twice already...I wonder if anyone can advise on what could be the cause?

GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Nurey.... ur help is needed by khaleesi. Help a sister... smiley
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by nurey(m): 8:11pm On May 29, 2017
watchworldpro:

GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Nurey.... ur help is needed by khaleesi. Help a sister... smiley

There is a Toyota thread already imagine if every Toyota user opened a personal thread for their model, nah spamming be that one

@khaleesi you probably have used the wrong steering fluid your whole component could have been damaged but before Changing the whole rack, you need an expert to diagnose from the pump to the lines down to the rack to determine the issue. Also hope your steering doesn't become soft only when moving/accelerating?
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by watchworldpro: 8:15pm On May 29, 2017
nurey:

There is a Toyota thread already imagine if every Toyota user opened a personal thread for their model, nah spamming be that one

@khaleesi you probably have used the wrong steering fluid your whole component could have been damaged but before Changing the whole rack, you need an expert to diagnose from the pump to the lines down to the rack to determine the issue. Also hope your steering doesn't become soft only when moving/accelerating?
Thanks Nurey
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28pm On May 29, 2017
khaleesi:

There's a saying, about doing same thing over again, and expecting a different result.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by khaleesi(f): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
nurey:

Also hope your steering doesn't become soft only when moving/accelerating?

Yes it becomes soft when moving but if I have to slow down and make a turn or reverse, it becomes stiff.
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by khaleesi(f): 4:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

There's a saying, about doing same thing over again, and expecting a different result.

What can I do differently pls?
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by nurey(m): 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
khaleesi:

Yes it becomes soft when moving but if I have to slow down and make a turn or reverse, it becomes stiff.

Unfortunately you are a woman and not DIY savvy so doing an in house diagnosis isn't for you

1. Change the Fluid to the recommended fluid

2. Jack car up, start the car with the atf container lid removed steer the car left and right to lock if you notice bubble in the fluid then air is in the system causing obstruction

3. If after all this test symptoms persist change the complete steering rack and use recommended fluids.

You can inform kazeem to do the test in your presence if a technician with the right instruments to ascertain isn't around
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
nurey:

Unfortunately you are a woman and not DIY savvy so doing an in house diagnosis isn't for you

You can inform kazeem to do the test in your presence if a technician with the right instruments to ascertain isn't around
Na wetin dem ask you be that?

Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by adanny01(m): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
khaleesi:

Also check if your car has power steering oil pressure switch. I believe it should have.

Your engine idle speed might be too low and the pressure switch disconnected. A scan may show a relating code.
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by nurey(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
PaperLace:
Na wetin dem ask you be that?
I thought you were on sabbatical leave? Seems Christmas came early this year grin
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 02, 2017
nurey:

I thought you were on sabbatical leave? Seems Christmas came early this year grin
No Christmas or sabbatical leave this year. The economy is hard and goals haven't been fully accomplished.
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by khaleesi(f): 7:07am On Jun 02, 2017
nurey:

1. Change the Fluid to the recommended fluid

2. Jack car up, start the car with the atf container lid removed steer the car left and right to lock if you notice bubble in the fluid then air is in the system causing obstruction

3. If after all this test symptoms persist change the complete steering rack and use recommended fluids.

Ok. Will try that. Thanks. But what is the recommended fluid for Toyota Matrix
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by khaleesi(f): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2017
adanny01:

Also check if your car has power steering oil pressure switch. I believe it should have.

Your engine idle speed might be too low and the pressure switch disconnected. A scan may show a relating code.

Ok. Thanks. Will check
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by nurey(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2017
khaleesi:

Ok. Will try that. Thanks. But what is the recommended fluid for Toyota Matrix

Check the cover of the power steering pump, it would be written boldly there. But research has it that dextron III is the recommended. But still check the cap to confirm
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by nurey(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2017
PaperLace:

No Christmas or sabbatical leave this year. The economy is hard and goals haven't been fully accomplished.

Leave the goals for Messi and live life to the fullest, you are not growing any younger. Just take a trip to Australia and go buungy jumping or simply stop at Sydney and go sky diving grin
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 02, 2017
nurey:

Leave the goals for Messi and live life to the fullest, you are not growing any younger. Just take a trip to Australia and go buungy jumping or simply stop at Sydney and go sky diving grin
Hahaha. This sounds comforting... thanks a lot.

https://www.nairaland.com/3797678/2012-toyota-venza-pearl-white#57110073
Come buy car. grin
Re: Toyota Matrix Thread : Let's Discuss Your Matrix by kingreign(m): 8:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
khaleesi:

are you in lagos?
If yes, book appointment with chief Gazzuzz. He is competent.
If you're in abuja, contact Mike,

if you're in 'North', contact Nurey, he fixes cars in the north.

(this north north north reminds me of a cardealer who's cars are always situated in the 'north').lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

What Is Axle Oil? / 2005 Volvo S40 Or 2005 Volvo S60 For E-hailing Business / Between Toyota Matrix And Pontiac Vibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.