Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! (43297 Views)

Nigeria Re-emergence As Africa’s Biggest Economy, An Economic Scorecard Of PMB / Dino Melaye Presenting Jonathan's Scorecard (Throwback Photo) / Nigeria 5 Best Governors Since The 4th Republic (1999-till Date) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by otokx(m): 3:30pm On May 29, 2017
Replace Ayade with Wike
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by giftyechi: 3:31pm On May 29, 2017
were is Rochas Okorocha?
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by omokab: 3:32pm On May 29, 2017
chiefolododo:
Aregbesola should come last
I will like to ask a question. Have you been to Osun state before? If you have not been there.go and see the work of Aregbesola before you judge. I'm not a politician but I must say the truth, the man try a lot. They are only rubbishing him because of salary issue which many states can't pay. Those they are celebrating were also on the same shoe. Civil servant of cross river are embarking on strike because of deduction of salary issue and promotion matter. Some states can't pay minimum wages up till now like ebonyi and they are celebrating them. Not that I was defending aregbe but he tried a lot especially on building of schools and construction of roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by esimjohobe: 3:33pm On May 29, 2017
whose is there from the north central;Benue and plateau ,kogi and Niger,nasarawa and fct. nobody, oh! my governor ortom, would have been there but ;base on logistics weelbairo
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by jolomiurenyi(m): 3:33pm On May 29, 2017
Willie Obiano is not there.... Anambra state governor....
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by tutudesz: 3:35pm On May 29, 2017
mimionye:
Pls we need to evaluate them with the resouraces that comes to their hands within the period under-review. I think and strongly believe that gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State has done a great job in Delta State specifically on roads construction in the State. I give him credit.........
Okowa!! You must be mistaken, because the Okowa that I know has done nothing and the roads that you speaking of is in partnership with either NDDC or Niger Delta ministry.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by happney65: 3:36pm On May 29, 2017
veekid:
Ajimobi ll never make the list; LAYE!
grin grin grin
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by donem: 3:36pm On May 29, 2017
Take Ayade out of that list op, he ain't performing nothing, he is more of a Junketer Governor, and a media propagandist.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by YelloweWest: 3:37pm On May 29, 2017
galaxy2020:
plus obiano minus Tanbuwal, plus wike minus umahi.....
It's an apc thread... majority of Nigerians know the truth.
How can a list of performing governors not include wike and obiano??

3 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by chiefolododo(m): 3:39pm On May 29, 2017
Aregbesola couldn't pay salary but he can carry out white elephant project? You don't employ teachers but you are building schools , what for? I am from osun state , I am not foolish and gullible like many of you
omokab:
I will like to ask a question. Have you been to Osun state before? If you have not been there.go and see the work of Aregbesola before you judge. I'm not a politician but I must say the truth, the man try a lot. They are only rubbishing him because of salary issue which many states can't pay. Those they are celebrating were also on the same shoe. Civil servant of cross river are embarking on strike because of deduction of salary issue and promotion matter. Some states can't pay minimum wages up till now like ebonyi and they are celebrating them. Not that I was defending aregbe but he tried a lot especially on building of schools and construction of roads.
Dont say this in public except you want osun people to stone you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by michoim(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2017
toyinjimoh:
what of yahya bello of kogi state

First from the rear.
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:45pm On May 29, 2017
yarimo:
What of ABUBAKAR SANI BELLO of niger state?
that's the 1st from bottom
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:48pm On May 29, 2017
South South is blessed with good governors. Wike, Ayade and Gov of Akwa Ibom are doing remarkably well.
South East governors are trying too except okorocha. Govs of Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Anambra are doing remarkably well.
Ambode is doing well.
Don't know about Northern governors.
Let the truth be said
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:49pm On May 29, 2017
michoim:

First from the rear.
he shares that position with Gov Bello of Niger State
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:49pm On May 29, 2017
jolomiurenyi:
Willie Obiano is not there.... Anambra state governor....
it's one per region. Obiano is performing
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by banmee(m): 3:50pm On May 29, 2017
ajebuter:

Add governor Wike of River state

And maybe Governor Amosu of Ogun state..

I really feel sorry for una. And they say they want a better country. There is not one decent governor in Nigeria and yet you are touting Wike as a good governor. Ok. The biggest problem with Nigerians is that they do not know what leadership is, hence even a goat can be a leader in Nigeria. What a people. Smh.
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 29, 2017
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:53pm On May 29, 2017
Koval12:
With the available resources at their disposal. I think all these Governors have underachieved. Let's stop celebrating mediocrity and give youths the chance to salvage this country. Akinwumi Ambode has done so well but I resist the temptation to praise him, because Lagos state alone can Carter for whole south east region..
Gov Umahi of Ebonyi is doing so well. I'm from Imo State, but when I went to Ebonyi in April and saw what the man is doing, I marveled. He is re-tarring already tarred good roads when my hometown Arondizuogu, a very big and mighty town, has no road, not to talk of tarred road. It shall never be well with okorocha

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:55pm On May 29, 2017
banmee:

I really feel sorry for una. And they say they want a better country. There is not one decent governor in Nigeria and yet you are touting Wike as a good governor. Ok. The biggest problem with Nigerians is that they do not know what leadership is, hence even a goat can be a leader in Nigeria. What a people. Smh.
if u say Wike is not a good governor, what then will u say of evil okorocha?
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by omokab: 3:58pm On May 29, 2017
chiefolododo:
Aregbesola couldn't pay salary but he can carry out white elephant project? You don't employ teachers but you are building schools , what for? I am from osun state , I am not foolish and gullible like many of you Dont say this in public except you want osun people to stone you
it depends on your area of interest. I based my judgement on his achievement especially on roads and building of schools. Tell me how many states were able to employ teachers this time? No matter how you hate somebody despite doing something,his work will always speaks for him. No wonder all the obas of osogbo visited to thank him for developing osun state capital(osogbo). Thank God that accepted that he built standard school but no teacher. Also comment on school feeding, sanitation, o' ambulance if he has done well on those area.
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 3:58pm On May 29, 2017
joezeph:
Please I beg with all I have, remove Ben Ayade's Name from this list. This guy has done nothing. And from the look of things he won't be doing anything in the remaining two years.
I think Akwa Ibom governor is better than him
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Leo042(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2017
What abt Enugu state governor and rivers
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by ralph28(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2017
Keneking:
Remove Ambode from that list

Why?
You work with V. I. O. ?

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 4:01pm On May 29, 2017
Stinson007:
When you say best Governor? What do you mean? Cuz if you are to base on the core functions of governance which is provision of security, infrastructural development, wealth creation, Job creation and equality & fairness among the various divides under his jurisdiction... My Brother then revisit your records because My amenable Governor Mr.Willie Obiano should be there, if not topping the List
from what I see, the list is not in a chronological order. It is by zone. For south east, it's difficult to say who is better among ebonyi, abia, enugu and anambra governors. Just okorocha is a no-no
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Unimaginable123: 4:02pm On May 29, 2017
giftyechi:
were is Rochas Okorocha?
I will sue th Op if he adds okorocha's name there
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Ten06(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2017
ajebuter:

Add governor Wike of River state

And maybe Governor Amosu of Ogun state..
you mean the killer governor?
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Splashme: 4:08pm On May 29, 2017
Dankwambo of Gombe is the
best Gov in Nigeria
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by chiefolododo(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2017
You have been deceived
omokab:
it depends on your area of interest. I based my judgement on his achievement especially on roads and building of schools. Tell me how many states were able to employ teachers this time? No matter how you hate somebody despite doing something,his work will always speaks for him. No wonder all the obas of osogbo visited to thank him for developing osun state capital(osogbo). Thank God that accepted that he built standard school but no teacher. Also comment on school feeding, sanitation, o' ambulance if he has done well on those area.
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Chukabiz1961(m): 4:10pm On May 29, 2017
Thunderlicious:
what of Buhari?
This is about governor's.
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by 6pax: 4:12pm On May 29, 2017
those saaying wike are just wike's zombi.
they should add wike because he built church for CAN, federal high court for fg, waterloged pleasure park for clown like himself grin
wike is the worse governor rigth now in Naija grin
Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by Stinson007(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2017
Unimaginable123:
from what I see, the list is not in a chronological order. It is by zone. For south east, it's difficult to say who is better among ebonyi, abia, enugu and anambra governors. Just okorocha is a no-no
chronologically or not, Umahi has done tremendously well, He has relatively less to fight internally but as Long south east is concerned Mr.Willie for the past two years has been able to make anambra work harmoniously based on the indices I mentioned earlier. Is a tight contest like you said but I give it to Willie though Am open to superior empirical opinions

3 Likes

Re: Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! by ajebuter(f): 4:17pm On May 29, 2017
Ten06:
you mean the killer governor?
They are all killers not just one..
We just don't know where all the bodies are buried..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara And Yari Greeted Buhari And Osinbajo (Photo) / List Of Rivers State Commissioners That Have Resigned / Hadiza Shagari Dies Of COVID-19 Complications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.