Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Publishing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Publishing (350 Views)

Amazon Kindle Publishing: Gateway to Financial Freedom / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) / Nigeria Book Publishing Companies That Offer Contract To Authors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Publishing by ExcelP: 10:29am On May 29, 2017
[b]Please this question is for book authors, writers and editors, and publishers in the house.

I have a manuscript (on Christian Living). For a long time I've been looking for a traditional royalty-based publishing house, as I don't want self publishing. Now I've got contract offer from popular publishers in the US. This is after many have negatively criticized and rejected my work. At last, God gave me three publishing house who are ready to work with me.

But my question is this, I've never travelled out of Nigeria before now, all communications with the publishers is via email. Now will it be appropriate to do abroad publishing instead of home? Some of my friends thinks the book will have broader acceptance and popular. But is it best, because I'll even need to order for my book myself if I need it. I'll be grateful if I'll get a good lecturing.

Again, Nigeria seems to have enough royalty-based publishers for academics - MacMillan, University Press, Literamed, Longman, etc, but not much publishing house on Faith and Christian works. Please if you know of any royalty-based publishers here (I don't mean vanity publishers and all these computer centres that are everywhere), do tell me.

Thank you and God bless you. [/b]

(1) (Reply)

A New Nigeria / My Life Of Crime Part Too / Converting Comicbooks And Stories To Epub With Sigil, For Okadabooks Publishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.