Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Share Your Embarrassing Story, Read Mine - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Embarrassing Story, Read Mine (595 Views)

What's Your Most Embarrassing Moment In Public? / What Is The Most Painful Thing Anyone Has Ever Said To You? (read Mine & Tell Me / Share Your Embarrassing Moment You Felt The Ground Should Swallow You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Embarrassing Story, Read Mine by Nobody: 10:37am On May 29, 2017
Hello,

Have you ever been embarrassed?

Yes, No?

Share it!, it doesn't make you one less better.

Well, I have been embarrassed quite a few number of times...

but I'll share two for now...

the first one: It happened some years ago when I travelled down with my father to owo, ondo state to his younger brother's house (my uncle though)...

So, I am a drummer, I mean, I am very talented in it and I always have this eagerness to play whenever I worship at a new church...

so, the area my uncle stays is a very rural area, a village to be candid, like 80% of people living there are illiterate(I am damn serious), so it happened on a Wednesday evening or maybe Thursday evening..(can't remember again), so this church very near to us was holding their service.

and I had made few friends there, I told them of my drumming abilities, OK, they told me to prepare quickly so that we will go to the church before service and show my skills, then I agreed and prepare and off we went....

we got there, i handled, the sticks...
oops before I forgot.
..they didn't have a drummer, it's just a routine of any whack and quack drummer there drumming every reprobatic local ru.bbish.

I played, and showed some of my skills and wow... they we're amazed...Even the Head pastor was impressed and said I can drum till when I leave the area, I was highly honoured.

Then....

The pastor asked if I could play the keyboard (piano) .... Seeing that most of them are local and wouldn't even know if I play rubbish, i say yes but only a little, all our conversations where strictly igala language..

He asked again if I could play, I answered in the affirmative while emphasizing on the word, "but only a little".

He asked his son to set the keyboard for me...
chai....how I wished I said no.

My heart was singing... "yanga dey sleep trouble wake am" by FELA... RIP baba..

Don't blame me, I listen to fela a lot.

I got on the keyboard... started to press some few buttons, my mind was like "who are you trying to fool?", and I was like, "let me just act professional a bit"...

me wey no even know wetin be key cdefgab... na only do re mi fa so la ti I sabi...

mhenn... all eyes on me.

their faces was like "this one can play oh"

I was so confident....

then the bomb...

I stopped my settings and pressed a mixture of the white and black keys...

kai!, the sound was so awful that I moved my hands to another keys, the sound was even more awful... I stopped to prevent any more further damage...

then I heard "eh eh eh eh eh eh, ewn ewn?! "for those who don't understand igala language, it means "eh eh eh eh eh eh, what what?!"

my heartbeat quadrupled...

he felt like slapping me, he tongue lashed me to the extent that I felt so embarrassed in front of my friends who where small boys...really my second younger brother's age mates, lol, I am a simple man though.

Even more embarrassed when I saw the lady choir I was crushing on laugh.

he said something again and every one started laughing...

I left the church in shame.

the next day I woke up only to meet this man having a conversation with my uncle and dad with some few people around... laughing...

too late!, he called me to their midst and started embarrassing me again, ending with " anything you know you don't know how to do, just say you don't know how to do it". that word has been stuck to heart since then, my father even tongue lashed me....

since then, i had dreaded going there.

Never!...

not even if they are sharing millions there (na lie o) cheesy

I had had many opportunities it go there, but it's a no no, place wey no even get network service... only glo, to even get to call, you have to go climb a very high mountain at the outskirts part of the area...lol.

Moral: Don't boast of what you don't know... shalom.

cc: lalasticlala Seun

Boost this pls.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Frog Market Now Boom In Jigawa As Recession Persists / Check Out This Poster Spotted In Port Harcourt / World's Slowest Mammal (three Toed Sloths)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.