Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,166 members, 7,807,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Shocking! 3 Gandhis Who Where Assassinated - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shocking! 3 Gandhis Who Where Assassinated (378 Views)

Russian Military Pays Respects To Soleiman Assassinated By The US / US President, John Kennedy Assassinated In His Open Top State Car On This Day / Ugandan Police Spokesman Assassinated With His Bodyguard In His Jeep (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking! 3 Gandhis Who Where Assassinated by Theincredible: 11:09am On May 29, 2017
Shocking! 3 Gandhis Who Were Assassinated

I have found it most intriguing about I am writing, the three people from India sharing the same name Gandhi, two of them a mother and a son, Indira and Rajiv held the same political office, Prime Minister while Mohandas popularly known as Mahatma never held a political post yet till today is regarded as the father of the Indian nation. Sadly three of them though people of peace died violently, they were all assassinated

1 Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi ‘Mahatma’

Born as Mohandas but renamed Mahatma meaning ‘great soul’ was also referred to as ‘Bapu’ which means papa as well as Gandhiji. Unofficially he is called the Father of The Nation. Through his efforts he helped India secure independence from the British through non-violent means referred to as passive resistance, a move which was also used by African-American civil rights leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. As his admirers and followers grew so did his enemies and on the 30th of January 1948, the worst happened, Mahatma Gandhi was shot dead on his way for prayers by Nathuram Godse. Gandhi was aged 78

2 Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi

The daughter of India’s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and the first and only female Prime Minister of India who served first from 1966-1977 and from 1980-1984 when she was assassinated. She was the longest serving Prime Minister after her father. Though not related to Mahatma Gandhi by blood she met him during one of his fasts in 1924, she was only seven. She said a day before her death on 30th October 1984 which was actually her last speech on the Parade Ground Orissa, ‘ I am alive today, I may not be here tomorrow…. I shall continue to serve until my last breath and when I die, I can say that every drop of my blood will invigorate India and strengthen it’ A day later she was assassinated by her bodyguards, Satwant and Beant Singh on the 31st of October 1984 true to her words. She was aged 66

3 Rajiv Ratna Gandhi

The only surviving son of assassinated Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi. Like his mother who created a record of becoming India’s first and only female Prime Minister, Rajiv created a record of his own, he became the youngest person to become Prime Minister at the age of 40. Rajiv was apolitical and reluctantly joined politics after the death of his brother in an aeroplane crash in 1980. Rajiv like his mother was assassinated only this time by a suicide bomber from Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) a group he hand open conflicts with. He was 47 years of age.
Source theincrediblecom.

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest Motivator To Join The Jihadi Train / Vladimir Putin Richest Man In The World ON / What Are Implications Of Kenya's Annulled Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.