Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather (38997 Views)

Car AC Works Well Only In The Morning And Evening But Struggles In Hot Afternoon / Ford's “Weather Factory” Test Centre Can Create Any Weather Condition You Want / Jaguar Land Rover Patents A Car That Predicts Weather And Adapts Accordingly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by naijacarlovers: 12:21pm On May 29, 2017
A car parked stationary under the sun can have temperatures shoot up drastically and also incredibly increasing the temperature of its contents. This singular reason is why it is extremely unwise to leave living beings like kids or pets in the car in hot weather.... Children have been killed like this at several times all over the world. So don't even think it's restricted to particular regions.

A new incident has just revealed that this warning should extend beyond just living beings but also to pressured cans like hairsprays, perfumes, etc and also loaded guns.

Unfortunately a lady in Washington, Karmen Ayres’ had a bitter experience after her windshield got a massive damage from an exploded can of hairspray while she was at work.

According to Jalopnik, "On closer inspection, she noticed it was a can of hairspray lodged in her cracked windshield. She said she had left the can in her car on the back passenger side seat.

“At first I looked up, because I thought maybe something fell,” Eyres said. “But then I noticed it was from the inside out. I was in shock and then I realized what it was.”

Imagine the sheer force that deployed the can from the backseat right to the front windshield. Good thing that no one was in the car to have taken a direct hit from the can

Here in Nigeria, some years ago, a lady's fire extinguisher exploded in her boot and completely coated the whole car with white powder up-to her front windscreen. Though in her case, the fire extinguisher had expired.

The bottomline is that you should always mind what we leave in the car. If you feel they might be affected by heat, kindly look for something like a cloth especially dark coloured ones that can absorb the heat to the barest minimum and throw over the item. Or put them inside a bag especially at the back if your car has tinted privacy windows where the tint should help reduce the intensity of the heat.

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by FieryJustice(m): 12:23pm On May 29, 2017
hmm
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by FlyboyZee: 10:50pm On May 29, 2017
I had a similar issue when a canister of AC gas exploded and tore through my car's windshield at around 1.30-2.00pm one day...

2 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by captainking(m): 11:43pm On May 29, 2017
naijacarlovers:
A car parked stationary under the sun can have temperatures shoot up drastically and also incredibly increasing the temperature of its contents. This singular reason is why it is extremely unwise to leave living beings like kids or pets in the car in hot weather.... Children have been killed like this at several times all over the world. So don't even think it's restricted to particular regions.

A new incident has just revealed that this warning should extend beyond just living beings but also to pressured cans like hairsprays, perfumes, etc and also loaded guns. Kii

Unfortunately a lady in Washington, Karmen Ayres’ had a bitter experience after her windshield got a massive damage from an exploded can of hairspray while she was at work.

According to Jalopnik, "On closer inspection, she noticed it was a can of hairspray lodged in her cracked windshield. She said she had left the can in her car on the back passenger side seat.

“At first I looked up, because I thought maybe something fell,” Eyres said. “But then I noticed it was from the inside out. I was in shock and then I realized what it was.”

Imagine the sheer force that deployed the can from the backseat right to the front windshield. Good thing that no one was in the car to have taken a direct hit from the can

Here in Nigeria, some years ago, a lady's fire extinguisher exploded in her boot and completely coated the whole car with white powder up-to her front windscreen. Though in her case, the fire extinguisher had expired.

The bottomline is that you should always mind what we leave in the car. If you feel they might be affected by heat, kindly look for something like a cloth especially dark coloured ones that can absorb the heat to the barest minimum and throw over the item. Or put them inside a bag especially at the back if your car has tinted privacy windows where the tint should help reduce the intensity of the heat.

Agreed
. That's how my gas I was supposed to use to Refill my ac exploded inside my car cos I kept it inside and locked all doors.. Happened. In Jan...damaged my side mirror.. And d other place in the pics..

15 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by bsideboii(m): 11:44pm On May 29, 2017
Actually a light coloured cloth is better to wrap around a canister of aerosol..as heat/is reflected by light colours like White etc. reason why we feel hot when we wear a black shirt under the sun.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by HomesOfLife(m): 7:33am On May 30, 2017
Okay. Thanks for the info angry

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Newbiee: 7:34am On May 30, 2017
OK, thanks
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by UncutSk(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2017
For those of us that don't have tyre talk less of car cry

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Nobody: 7:35am On May 30, 2017
This is very insightful and memory enlightening.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Aburi001: 7:36am On May 30, 2017
Like seriously?

Most of Car users are guilty of this act though

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Howmon: 7:36am On May 30, 2017
Vehicles can be hot sometimes. Remembered how the steering cover was heating my hands once. Had to use an handkerchief.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by ucmini: 7:36am On May 30, 2017
Good morning....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by unitysheart(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2017
Good information. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:37am On May 30, 2017
Hmmmm make those way get car cum comment make we dey read n observe
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by frenzydilz(m): 7:38am On May 30, 2017
Like something you see on Final Destination
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by NwaAmaikpe: 7:38am On May 30, 2017
grin
This is not a special case in Nigeria
We are used to it

Because

The weather is always very hot.
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by okonja(m): 7:38am On May 30, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Daboomb: 7:41am On May 30, 2017
Look, stop deceiving yourselves about not leaving things in the car.

All you need to do is to ensure that the side-glasses (or at least that of one side) is not completely rolled-up.
Leave a little space for air to enter (not big enough for fingers to enter - thieves! grin or rain to enter).
That space will also allow pressure build-up in the car, due to heat and expanding gas, to ease out gently.

Finito.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Flashmove: 7:41am On May 30, 2017
UncutSk:
For those of us that don't have tire talk less of car cry
Its called tyre. Not tire. God will give you yours. Amen.
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by sirusX(m): 7:43am On May 30, 2017
bsideboii:
Actually a light coloured cloth is better to wrap around a canister of aerosol..as heat/is reflected by light colours like White etc. reason why we feel hot when we wear a black shirt under the sun.
So I thought when I saw the line written by the OP

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Nobody: 7:45am On May 30, 2017
noted, will remember this when i buy my car grin
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by Partnerbiz(f): 7:47am On May 30, 2017
Make i go check my car..
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by cmart09(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2017
I experienced it while I was an undergraduate, it completely blew out my windsreem, it was a canned starch.
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by IBreakRules: 7:57am On May 30, 2017
frenzyduchess:
noted, will remember this when i buy my car grin
I tap from your faith my dear.

3 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by omenkaLives(m): 7:59am On May 30, 2017
The pictures go against everything physics! Totally impossible!

Now, for a canister to be turned into a projectile, gas has to be expelled violently from it. In a situation like this, which accidentally results from heating, the weakest seal edge is where tends to be compromised, and guess where that is on the contaimer- the TOP of it!

Now, if gas is expelled so fast as to propell the can itself, it means the can WILL MOVE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the direction of the expulsion! This very principle is Newton's Third law of motion!

So, tell me fellas, how come the canister is positioned in such a manner when it should be the button that should be stuck up like that?

I perfectly understand the main advice of not leaving such objects in the car under such conditions is very important, but the picture should have be PROPERLY STAGGED as well. grin

7 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by ddjay: 7:59am On May 30, 2017
naijacarlovers:

A new incident has just revealed that this warning should extend beyond just living beings but also to pressured cans like hairsprays, perfumes, etc and also loaded guns.

When d temperatures in naija can reach 42 degrees, am sure it will remove d windscreen then
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by LagosUberDriver: 8:02am On May 30, 2017
FlyboyZee:
I had a similar issue when a canister of AC gas exploded and tore through my car's windshield at around 1.30-2.00pm one day...
this happened to me about 3 months ago
Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by ekems2017(f): 8:03am On May 30, 2017
We shall get there very soon. We are even at advantage cos we are learning from those that have experienced it

UncutSk:
For those of us that don't have tyre talk less of car cry

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by kirchofff(m): 8:17am On May 30, 2017
omenkaLives:

Now, for a canister to be turned into a projectile, gas has to be expelled violently from it. I'm a situation like this, which accidentally results from heating, the weakest seal edge is where tends to be compromised, and guess where that is on the comtaimer- the TOP of it!

Now, if gas is expelled so fast as to propell the can itself, it means the can WILL MOVE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the direction of the expulsion! This very principle is Newton's first law of motion!

So, tell me fellas, how come the canister is positioned in such a manner when it should be the button that should be stuck up like that?

I perfectly understand the main advice of not leaving such objects in the car under such conditions is very important, but the picture should have be PROPERLY STAGGED as well. grin
was the position of the can in the car stated in the post?

4 Likes

Re: See Why You Should Mind What You Keep In Your Car Especially In Hot Weather by nextprince: 8:21am On May 30, 2017
omenkaLives:

Now, for a canister to be turned into a projectile, gas has to be expelled violently from it. I'm a situation like this, which accidentally results from heating, the weakest seal edge is where tends to be compromised, and guess where that is on the comtaimer- the TOP of it!

Now, if gas is expelled so fast as to propell the can itself, it means the can WILL MOVE IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION to the direction of the expulsion! This very principle is Newton's Third law of motion!

Oga, you mixed it up, that is actually Newton's Third Law of Motion: To every action, there is equal and opposite reaction force.
The first law is the law of INERTIA, while the second law is what led to F=ma.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) / Making Of Vladimir Putin's Armored Aurus Limo From Drawings To The Complete Car / Ghanaian Slay Queen Dances Violently To Celebrate Her Newly Acquired Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.