Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics (31581 Views)

Man Marks IPOB Sit-At-Home With Python (Photos) / Biafra Day: IPOB Orders Sit-At-Home In Igboland, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by otubujohn(m): 9:12pm On May 29, 2017
vayne:
That is if Igbos are not the majority in his church or else,,bad market for him be that.

What exactly is the big deal in remembering fallen heroes?the inhabitants of this disastrous experiment of a country disgusts me!

I am thinking that it should be included to the nairaland rules to ban.anyone who speaks in this manner about our country Nigeria.

Pls mods throw this guy into prison
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by sapele914(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Anglican means England;anywhere,im not surprised because England supplied the arms with which nigeria used to kill our people.what I know is that tomorrow is the day of sober reflection and stock-taking as regards to our journey so far in this contraption called nigeria.i'm gonna stay home with my weed and palmwine while I meditate upon the predicaments my igbo people have had to endure in this Shit hole for the past 50 years and ways to exit this mess for the benefit of our children who would grow up tomorrow and say ;"i'm proud of my father who gave his share in the struggle to secure a better future for me".just like in the Biafra,s national anthem:'We shall protect our hearth from our all our foes;but if the price is death for all we hold dear,let us die without a shred of fear'.'when we are poised to the wound of battle to heal,WE SHALL REMEMBER THOSE WHO DIED IN MASS;Then shall our trumpets pearl the glorious song of Victory we scored over might and wrong. God bless Biafra.
Very hilarious post, Please stop smoking igbo it is making you disillusioned.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Smeago007(m): 9:13pm On May 29, 2017
Kennydoc:

That's where the problem will be. Returning back to the old covenant when the new covenant has better promises?

Better promises?
Your misguided
What separates the old testament and new tastement??
If not the words of Jesus
Mathew, Mark,john, and few others
The rest were letters

When you hear it is written in the scriptures
It refers to the old testament

You should know that keeping the word of God holds much promises than the new tastement of letters your emphasizing
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by whitebeard(m): 9:14pm On May 29, 2017
innocent people pls listen some of this people that are shouting sit at home will not sit at home, if u have somewhere to be tomorrow, go, don't say they say we should sit home when your boss ask why u weren't in office.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by GuntersChain(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2017
Who is the clergy speaking for or representing besides he expressing his constitutional privilege.

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Nwakaumu(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2017
sapele914:
Very hilarious post, Please stop smoking igbo it is making you disillusioned.
Scratch face afonja son of a coward, ve u taken ur hydraulic ewedu soup with motor grease Amala today.jew man.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by cnwachukwu50: 9:25pm On May 29, 2017
What a country. May 30th and the Offensive Sobriquet "Nyamiri".
Aguiyi Ironsi had just been killed in Ibadan by a horde of blood thirst officers led by one Theophilus Danjuma.... The Northern military had ceased most barracks in the country and were performing the ethnic Igbo cleansing that had been planned all along....
From the eve of July 29, 1966 over 270 Igbo senior military officers were killed in Abeokuta, Ibadan , Lagos, Zaria etc... As this butchery of human beings was going on in what was tagged a retaliatory coup, the northern officers declared araba... Ferried their families home to secede from the rest of British Nigeria...
But this plan was discarded when Britain sold the idea of oil to them and how they will profit from taking control of the oil...
As the killing of military officers of Igbo origin was getting to a climax, the Northern civilians unleashed their cubs and machetes on innocent civilians all through the North... People were cut into pieces.. In 30 days, over 20,000 Igbo lives were mowed down by this sheer barbarism...
In those days, rail transportation was the major means of traveling to the East from the North.. So when the train departed, one will have to wait for its return before another set of Igbo could depart the North...
The orgy for violence in the Northern civilians was without limits... Students killed their Igbo teachers... Colleagues at work killed their fellow Igbo colleagues.. House owners killed their Igbo tenants.. It was in this frenzy and death orgy that the Igbo devised a plan of survival.... The plan was to run to the emirate and seek refuge until the train that left for the east returned...
Many Igbo ran to emir palaces in the north seeking refuge not knowing that the emirate was planning the final Igbo solution... As they ran into the palace, they were all welcomed... So this encouraged other Igbo who were hiding to run to the palace...
Then the final solution set in when the numbers of Igbo seeking refuge was increased.. They will be allowed to die slowly.. No food.. No water must be offered to them..
For days, the Igbo seeking refuge from the Northern progrom were denied food and water... They started crying.. Begging the palace to give them water in their local Igbo dialect "nye mu mmiri " but the northern civilian heard nya miri..
So that was the origin of the offensive name called the Igbo by the north... When ever they call you nyamiri, they are trying to remind you of your Igbo predecessors who they starved of food and water until they all died...
May 30 is another day to remember all those defenseless Igbo civilians who died in that progrom that preceded the war..
May 30 is another day we remember those who sought refuge in the emirate but were allowed to die slowly in pain..
May 30 is another day for retrospection and introspection on our commitment to building up our homeland to cater for all the Igbo aspirations the world over....
Ozoemena...
Maka odinma Ndi Igbo. Send to all ur friends

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Adonkia(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2017
nNEOo:
am not going anywhere tomorrow, ....am really bothered on how to make it worth my while while observing it....any idea? Anyone?..
You MUST Be Self Employed?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by lovetruth(m): 9:35pm On May 29, 2017
My lord it wil have been beter if clerics go out instead of saying u did nt support it
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Kennydoc(m): 9:41pm On May 29, 2017
Smeago007:

Better promises?
Your misguided
What separates the old testament and new tastement??
If not the words of Jesus
Mathew, Mark,john, and few others
The rest were letters

When you hear it is written in the scriptures
It refers to the old testament

You should know that keeping the word of God holds much promises than the new tastement of letters your emphasizing

Unfortunately, the Jews don't believe in Jesus as the son of God. That makes all the difference, cos to those practising Judaism, the entire New Testament is null and void.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by salam1(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2017
Some are claiming dey will go no where as if dey v anywhere to go to in d first place. I trust dose ones down here dey will never dull demselves.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Smeago007(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2017
Kennydoc:

Unfortunately, the Jews don't believe in Jesus as the son of God. That makes all the difference, cos to those practising Judaism, the entire New Testament is null and void.

Whether they believe it or not
Salvation is of the jews
Jesus quoted it
John 4vs22

Keeping the words (laws) of God OK?
Will make you get enternal life..
That's what they believe..
And that's the truth
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Michel2013: 10:01pm On May 29, 2017
gawu1:

Separatist fool

pls get off my mention. we are two parallel lines that can never meet.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by lonelydora: 10:09pm On May 29, 2017
alexie4real:
shebi na u employ ur boss abeg no go work

Sometimes we need to try the impossible
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by ralph28(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2017
Please can somebody help me ask the clergy man whether he fought the Biafran war.

Biafran talk is for men not boys.

You are talking so that the Nigerian government will notice you but you don't want us to sit at home so that they will notice the extent of damage done to us.

Repent now before your members will withdraw your allowance.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by DerideGull(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2017
Anybody with a bit of brain cell will never pay mind to these so-called clergy men. The so-called Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma can jump off a cliff for all I care.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by willibounce1(m): 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
jessedaflow:
I pity sum1 nt yoruba claiming Afonja cos is nt worth claming..

Pity yourself and your akpu chewing flat empty headed brothers.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by sapele914(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2017
Jflex07:
Here in portharcourt, majority are sitting at home. God bless BIAFRA!
Wike will still go to work.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by augustine: 11:04pm On May 29, 2017
larion:

The way you guys reason ehn...I just taya

Soooo selfish and self centered....

For crying out loud he is a man of God not a politician, supporting it will be against Nigeria which is an offence and can be called a sin, remember he is a man of God.

FYI how many SE Governors has come out to openly support Biafra, even if they want it, they can't embrace it openly.....think , think think!

Even the SE business man that are freestyle, they are supporting with sense.... How much more a man of God
Biafran day remembrance is not an offence, it is in line with the constitutional provision of freedom of association. By the way, the archbishop should be conversant with the content of the book of Ecclesiastes; 3;1, 'There is a time and season for every thing under heaven'. Specifically verse 7b; 'A time to be silent and a time to speak.'

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by sheDD(m): 11:32pm On May 29, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
What a reckless statement from the 'cleric'

I for-see mass exodus/resentment from from Anglican brethrens
u bought this crap?
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Kennydoc(m): 11:47pm On May 29, 2017
Smeago007:

Whether they believe it or not Salvation is of the jews Jesus quoted it John 4vs22
Keeping the words (laws) of God OK? Will make you get enternal life.. That's what they believe.. And that's the truth
Funny. I definitely can't discuss this with you. Off I go.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by geronimoedeh1(m): 11:48pm On May 29, 2017
larion:

The way you guys reason ehn...I just taya

Soooo selfish and self centered....

For crying out loud he is a man of God not a politician, supporting it will be against Nigeria which is an offence and can be called a sin, remember he is a man of God.

FYI how many SE Governors has come out to openly support Biafra, even if they want it, they can't embrace it openly.....think , think think!

Even the SE business man that are freestyle, they are supporting with sense.... How much more a man of God

He could have just kept quiet....No one asked them to support the crusade....
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by laudate: 1:42am On May 30, 2017
manikspears:
Most of these people on the thread are just giving empty lip services. One of my colleagues has commented on the first page and he has a presentation at work which he has drycleaned his suit for tomorrow. I'm just bothered with the fact that they chest beat and deceive their fellow brothers. For Igbo bankers if they born nna well make nna no show for banks that is when we will know you mean business. But I know you will all come.

Una no go kill person with laugh for dis place, abeg!! cheesy wink grin Anyway, I am waiting for any of my staff that will decide not to show up at work. They should just dust their CVs quietly and look for another job. I don't have the time or inclination to sympathise with those who can't recognise the fine line between foolishness and irresponsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by oluwadubem: 2:09am On May 30, 2017
'nwam ipuru ikwam onye kere gi->chineke nke di ukuu onye kele enigwe n'ala kele'm'...core Anglican but give deaF ears to what did dude they yarn,he is on his own he speak 4 his own self not Anglican folks,if you hear the story of what they gone through you will really knw that they deserve more than that,will respect them 100%,i hear the story and was really pained,will still go on to pass it to my children children for them to know that the country they are in neva love them.....#igbos more grace to the race#

#peace#

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by MetaPhysical: 2:13am On May 30, 2017
For days, the Igbo seeking refuge from the Northern progrom were denied food and water... They started crying.. Begging the palace to give them water in their local Igbo dialect "nye mu mmiri " but the northern civilian heard nya miri..

I didn't know the politics section was this engaging and provoking until recently. Since my registration I had completely focused in culture section and ever rarely step into politics section. I am awed by the experience and utter nonsense I have encountered here in the short time. I think I need to get back to culture before I am sucked into this craze in this section.

Anyway, on the quote above, is it possible that these Igbos that knew the way to enter Birni and go to Emir's palace also know how to speak and ask for water in Hausa, instead of their Ibo language? If so, is it not even more provoking and insulting, and if I may add, self-destructing to ask in the presence of the enemy and his King for food and water in a language other than theirs?

The first thing armies all over the world are taught before going to war is the culture and basic interactive words of their opponent. The logic is simple....in case you end up a prisoner of war, remain loyal to your country but respect the culture of those in whose captivity you find yourself!
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Benekruku(m): 3:50am On May 30, 2017
If dem born any of my workforce tomorrow, make e no resume for department. I will show him or her how fast a mail can get to Europe for approval of his termination.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Benekruku(m): 3:54am On May 30, 2017
technicallyrich:
I am a yoruba girl and a muslim but tomorrow I am marking BIAFRA at 50.i will visit my igbo boyfriend nnamdi to Bleep the hell out of me as we celebrate biafra and biafrans.
I advice every yoruba girl to do the same.
Free sex for biafrans to show them we love them.

Olosho! If you get work, you go dey bleep about. Better go learn hair dressing or tailoring
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:43am On May 30, 2017
shachris02:
Ndi igbo mepee nu anya (open your eyes). This is not the Biafra you seek. Ojukwu used Biafra to fight his personal war with Gowan. Now this con man albino, Nnamdi Kanu is using the same Biafra to amass power. Judaism is the fastest growing religion in the east. My people are now bowing down to greet a mortal. Kedu ihe mmere anyi? what happened to the great igbo tribe that I used to Know?

Biafra is in deeds. Helping your fellow igboman, my friend, is indeed the Biafra you seek.

You my friend know absolutely nothing of the events that snowballed into the gruelling three year civil war!

Just shut up and crawl back into your cradle.
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Smeago007(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2017
Kennydoc:

Funny. I definitely can't discuss this with you.
Off I go.

Yeah. You sound blind folded already.
My bet guess
Your a grace preacher!!!
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Smeago007(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2017
Kennydoc:

Funny. I definitely can't discuss this with you.
Off I go.

Yeah. You sound blind folded already.
My best guess
Your a grace preacher!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives In Enugu (Photos) / 2 Months After Joining PDP, Governor Ganduje's Former Deputy Returns To The APC / Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.