Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day (2906 Views)

Edo Decides: More Momentum As 19 Support Groups Dump Obaseki For Ize-iyamu / Opposition Candidate Atiku Gains Momentum In Nigeria Election Race - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by skydancer: 4:07pm On May 29, 2017
#Extract
'We smote their parents, their grandparents without let up. We pursued them home and continued the slaughter. We killed at least a million children before they even had a chance to grow. We commited the worst of iniquities against the young - we seized the bread in their mouths, and watched them starve to death.
There should be one day at least when we are reminded of our beastliness. There should be one day for the walking wounded from the carnage that was "Biafra" to turn their backs on all monuments of camaraderie with the rest of us, go indoors and mourn for that child that had to close his eyes and bite into a meal of a roasted lizard as his pulverised brain closed in on itself from starvation of water and sodium.
If we cannot mourn for the men and women of Igbo land because of the selection of memories we would rather incline to, at least mourn for the children who never had a say about killing a Sardauna or going to war'

#FullStory
"I cannot cry more than the affected Igbos, and to be honest, try as hard as I might, I know I will never be able to reach the uttermost depths of the Biafra angst.
My people did not suffer a genocide at the hands of their own supposed compatriots or fellow nationals. It doesn't bear contemplation.
What Nigeria did to the Igbos was genocide. All protocols and parameters defining genocide were duly observed. It does not matter who threw the first salvo. It matters even less that a few Igbo soldiers may have been recalcitrant hitherto.
We will never have a nation until we make due reparations to that one child Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle's "kill everything that moves" offence so cavalierly cast to the abyss of degradation and nothingness.
No nation worth its name decorates a soldier who makes sport of the prospect of killing a little child. A non-combatant innocent who did nothing to get the lot cast for it.
That we have not so far down our history - 50 years and counting - indicted just one Nigerian soldier, even if symbolically, for war crimes as happened at Asaba is beyond a tragic disgrace.
We are a collection of listless people in a riotous village square which we have audaciously designated a nation space.
Daily we birth children into the stock degeneration we refuse to repair. We have indicted our grandchildren unborn yet for the crime our grandfathers could have chosen to not commit in the first place.
This present generation is in the best position over others to begin the process of redress of the crime Nigeria committed against a component of Herself. We are aloof enough, having survived the more principal actors in the atrocity.
Shaking hands and mouthing "No Victor, no Vanquished" did not cut it then. Even now it is nothing short of a crime to so insouciantly gloss over the evil that was the Nigerian civil war.
It would cost us less than we fear to at least as a gesture of good faith, institute a national day of saying "Never again"...the Biafra Day. Our Nigerian Memorial Day.
That day when every human who fell from either side would be held in remembrance just so we can say with some decent level of honesty that indeed they were not vanquished by the fate of having been born Nigerians, and that death was not the victor over them.
Anything short of this, and these ones would remain in the state of perdition our collective prejudice, bigotry and callousness doomed them to in those 3 years of sheer depravity.
We slew our kin over a quarrel in the homestead. While we could in retrospect, defend our deed by attributing it to the menace of darkness, it would be more unconscionable a travesty that we would splash a lie over the blood at the crime scene just so we can go on and be merry by noontime.
Victims of genocide get some reparations of sorts - from acknowledgement of their victimhood to material compensation. That is the only way to symbolise contrition and future security. Anything less is papering over a decapitation site with talcum powder.
I am in full support of the stay-at-home resolve by supporters of Biafra and the Igbo Cause slated for 30 May, 2017. I would be personally chagrined on behalf of any self-employed Igbo who would open for trade on this day. I will not patronise them for any reason, and I would implore anyone with whom this conversation I have recorded here resonates to not patronise them.
In any thinking society such would be heckled for their lack of spine and purpose. Let your denial of patronage of such spineless persons be your own voice raised in condemnation.
We smote their parents, their grandparents without let up. We pursued them home and continued the slaughter. We killed at least a million children before they even had a chance to grow. We commited the worst of iniquities against the young - we seized the bread in their mouths, and watched them starve to death.
There should be one day at least when we are reminded of our beastliness. There should be one day for the walking wounded from the carnage that was "Biafra" to turn their backs on all monuments of camaraderie with the rest of us, go indoors and mourn for that child that had to close his eyes and bite into a meal of a roasted lizard as his pulverised brain closed in on itself from starvation of water and sodium.
If we cannot mourn for the men and women of Igbo land because of the selection of memories we would rather incline to, at least mourn for the children who never had a say about killing a Sardauna or going to war. The voiceless ones of Biafra.
For the sake of these ones, do not permit the Nigerian government to molest Igbo people who choose to sit in on "Biafra Day". Speak truth to power on this matter. The Nigerian Police should be enjoined to support peaceful gatherings in chosen locations at every town where Igbos reside across Nigeria. If we would be decent, this should be done. Our government is impervious to the term, Decency. We should not follow suit.
We cannot guarantee the security of any Igbo person who chooses to gather in a rally tomorrow. We cannot make adequate restitution to the slain Voiceless of Biafra. We are not beholden to support IPOB, MASSOB, Igbo politics or the Igbo agitation in any way. We are not obliged to acknowledge what went on during the civil war for the genocide it should be termed.
We should at least not rub the salt our Confederate army withheld from the constitution of these Voiceless of Biafra into the gaping wounds of their successors by mocking the call to rememberance.
Do not lend your voice to the Government on this one. Once again the Federal Government of Nigeria is perched on the wrong side of history. Do not join them there. Separate yourself from them.
Thank you All." - Temidayo Ahanmisi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by skydancer: 4:09pm On May 29, 2017
I have always gotten along personally by assuming it's not Nigerians that killed Biafrans but demons following orders in the name of service. No Nigerian I know today would have killed a Biafran. I hope one day we will reach the point where we can genuinely value human life. Till date, people continue dying in silence in North and South of the country.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 29, 2017
Tomorrow is the day, anticipation is peak. I hope the biafra people can just make this peaceful and there would be no cause for alarm.

I pity those innocent kids who didn't deserve to die.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2017
op I know u just want another public holiday, me self..!!
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by leofab(f): 4:30pm On May 29, 2017
Noted

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by skydancer: 4:30pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
op I know u just want another public holiday, me self..!!
Do you even have an idea of what's going on?

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by Iamwrath: 4:37pm On May 29, 2017
Momentum Kor, Friction ni
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2017
skydancer:

Do you even have an idea of what's going on?
may 30 biafrans observe sit at home, they sit at home the following day they leave for there various place of works, no big deal life continues..!?
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by skydancer: 4:53pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
may 30 biafrans observe sit at home, they sit at home the following day they leave for there various place of works, no big deal life continues..!?
My brother, people are dying.
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by DocHMD: 4:57pm On May 29, 2017
God bless Temidayo Ahanmisi. Not all yorubas are demented afterall. Maybe just their muslims.

God bless those who bless Biafra and curse those who curse the rising sun!

13 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2017
skydancer:

My brother, people are dying.
they are willing to die for a cause that is not "just".

leave them be, only the gullible ones won't see that people are dying.
see it based on choice, not all the Igbo's want Biafra, they believe that KANU will be their god and all of them (people) will be the president so that they all will be rich, I don't even know if that is possible, so if Biafra is created and the other little tribes that joined them start clamouring for leadership, and they are denied cause they didn't fight for Biafra, what will happen again they would split up..! if I were the president I would give them only a very small portion of land towards the sea, no oil (never) and that's all, there we go Biafra..!

Biafra are just a group of backstabbers whose political leaders have bribed them to shout Biafra, just to cause confusion in the state(Nigeria) they will then take advantage of the situation..

ha I got a part of the puzzle..KANU is not the one leading Biafra he is just the figure head, lol, I think I am beginning to see who controls this people I can see things u know..!
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by skydancer: 5:15pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

see it based on choice, not all the Igbo's want Biafra, they believe that KANU will be their god and all of them (people) will be the president so that they all will be rich, I don't even know if that is possible, so if Biafra is created and the other little tribes that joined them start clamouring for leadership, and they are denied cause they didn't fight for Biafra, what will happen again they would split up..! if I were the president I would give them only a very small portion of land towards the sea, no oil (never) and that's all, there we go Biafra..!

Biafra are just a group of backstabbers whose political leaders have bribed them to shout Biafra, just to cause confusion in the state(Nigeria) they will then take advantage of the situation..

ha I got a part of the puzzle..KANU is not the one leading Biafra he is just the figure head, lol, I think I am beginning to see who controls this people I can see things u know..!
Try to see beyond politics. People are dying.

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 5:17pm On May 29, 2017
skydancer:

which state are u in currently
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by KratosCorp: 5:35pm On May 29, 2017
May God bless you and whoever wrote that original post. I had always known that there are decent people everywhere - especially in the Yoruba nation.

Just ignore that rabble rouser and his ilks.

But note this, except the entire nature is a void that does not exist (which I'm darn sure it's not) , Kama will irrefutably teach every single one of those rabble rousers a hard and an escruciatingly painful lesson, which none will ever be able to forget in their entire linage. And that's if they are lucky enough not to have their respective linages totally cut off from the rest of humanity.

You reap what you sow.

skydancer:

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by petsam11(m): 6:58pm On May 29, 2017
But like seriously! Regardless of Nigeria and the Federal Government wanting Biafra or not wanting Biafra, Shouldn't it be wise for them to at least make 30th May a public holiday just to remember all those that lost their lives during that war? Why is Nigeria so lopsided in doing very important things? What is democracy day and democracy if they cant set out a day to honor these fallen heroes after forming that the war ended at "No Victor No Vanquish"?
Like I keep saying it, Nigeria is her own problem. Had it been that 30th May was/is made a public holiday, I think to an extent all these that is happening in the country today won't really be seen as a too much big deal. By now if anybody outside Nigeria asks, the government would have waved it off and said "Its a public holiday what do you expect?" But no! they didn't think in that direction probably because of Pride!
Ok, even if they don't want to make it a public holiday annually, why didn't they just honor the fallen heroes just this once on the 50th anniversary?
Now the whole thing has escalated and is still escalating. International media are on ground observing everything. Even world powers are looking and observing on code. Biafran news now in Isreal, just imagine that.
I keep saying it that there are things that you can't stop with force, you only need diplomacy and tact in handling them but here in Africa and Nigeria to be precise, you see them beating their chests like they can consume everybody just because the won the war. And forgetting that this is 21st century/2017.
Now even the Eastern governors and some south-south governors who the war affected should have at least found a way to make just this 50th anniversary a public holiday. Just to kind of neutralize this thing but NO! They are now helping the federal government in proving and telling the world that Nnamdi Kanu is "Veeery Powerful!!"
Ok nah! Continue!

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by adadike281(f): 7:04pm On May 29, 2017
sobs! sobs!! and wipe tears. Yet, we are being marginalized. Am sorry Buhari, I want my own country, I want Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by enemybulldozer(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2017
DocHMD:
God bless Temidayo Ahanmisi. Not all yorubas are demented afterall. Maybe just their muslims.

God bless those who bless Biafra and curse those who curse the rising sun!
Isee!!

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by jude90(m): 7:21pm On May 29, 2017
Nice one OP

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 29, 2017
How painful it is to watch your very own child die before you; killed slowly by deliberate and wickedly orchestrated starvation. Nigerians, you guys have really hurt us.

3 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by hucienda: 7:37pm On May 29, 2017
In memory of the million Biafrans who paid the ultimate sacrifice, I will pay my respects tomorrow 30th May.

Review of history shows they fought a just war and were on the right side of history as the present realities 50 years later portrays.

I will ponder on the words of President Lincoln at Gettysburg.

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 29, 2017
My eyes is now open to the importance of May 30th. Every fallen Biafran, especially those innocent kids, deserves my respect. #SitAtHomeForSure. sad

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by ediman: 7:47pm On May 29, 2017
IPOB Threatens People Who Will Not Obey Sit-At-Home In Igbo Land With Death.

Today on radio Biafra, a man called on live radio braodcast to inform the Radio Biafra Deputy Director, that he send a death threat to a top business man in Nnewi market because the man vowed not to obey the sit at home order.

Tomorrow IPOB will say they are not a violent group. This is the reason why the federal government have deployed heavy security in the south east to curb the violence IPOB may want to unleash to people who do not obey the sit at home.
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by DocHMD: 7:57pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

This ewedu muslim is still crying about Biafra. He thinks he can decide for Biafra where their territory starts and ends. grin

4 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by DocHMD: 8:01pm On May 29, 2017
ediman:
IPOB Threatens People Who Will Not Obey Sit-At-Home In Igbo Land With Death.

Today on radio Biafra, a man called on live radio braodcast to inform the Radio Biafra Deputy Director, that he send a death threat to a top business man in Nnewi market because the man vowed not to obey the sit at home order.

Tomorrow IPOB will say they are not a violent group. This is the reason why the federal government have deployed heavy security in the south east to curb the violence IPOB may want to unleash to people who do not obey the sit at home.

Ewedu muslim news...

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by georgecso(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2017
At a point during the war... Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast... Real soldier don't run... He was selfish and a very good definition of a coward.. He brought so much pains and sorrow to igbo land yet he was regarded as a hero. Like Hitler, he should have committed suicide rather than taking to his heels.. Ask an average IPOB guy, what next after Biafra? Nothing...

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2017
DocHMD:

This ewedu muslim is still crying about Biafra. He thinks he can decide for Biafra where their territory starts and ends. grin
lol..lemme join u and laugh..!! lol..lmao..hahahahhaha..BTW I am a Christian not a Muslim or a "Jew" I am a Nigerian, and I am proud to be a citizen of this country without representing any tribe just my country, Nigeria..!!

the land of the soaring eagles..!
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by nnaetobi(m): 9:02pm On May 29, 2017
[quote author=georgecso post=57000706]At a point during the war... Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast... Real soldier don't run... He was selfish and a very good definition of a coward.. He brought so much pains and sorrow to igbo land yet he was regarded as a hero. Like Hitler, he should have committed suicide rather than taking to his heels.. Ask an average IPOB guy, what next after Biafra? Like awolowo

1 Like

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by igwebuike01: 9:15pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:

ewedu at work

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by DocHMD: 9:17pm On May 29, 2017
whitebeard:
lol..lemme join u and laugh..!! lol..lmao..hahahahhaha..BTW I am a Christian not a Muslim or a "Jew" I am a Nigerian, and I am proud to be a citizen of this country without representing any tribe just my country, Nigeria..!!

the land of the soaring eagles..!

Tell us how Biafrans have stopped you from enjoying your nigeria so we can know how to help. Your anti-Biafran lamentation is nearing a greater crescendo. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2017
igwebuike01:
ewedu at work
sit at home tomorrow, then it powder at work for u..!!
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by whitebeard(m): 9:21pm On May 29, 2017
DocHMD:

Tell us how Biafrans have stopped you from enjoying your nigeria so we can know how to help. Your anti-Biafran lamentation is nearing a greater crescendo. grin grin
they are too noisy and we think FG might be provoked to do things that would ruin our country's image..!
Re: Biafran Day Gains Momentum As A Nigerian Voices Her Support For Biafran Day by biafrasun: 9:30pm On May 29, 2017
georgecso:
At a point during the war... Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast... Real soldier don't run... He was selfish and a very good definition of a coward.. He brought so much pains and sorrow to igbo land yet he was regarded as a hero. Like Hitler, he should have committed suicide rather than taking to his heels.. Ask an average IPOB guy, what next after Biafra? Nothing...
massive development in short BIAFRA will be opposite of the ill of what you zoogeria is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu And The Buhari Gamble-charles Ogbu / Ipob Sit-at-home Order : Ignore The Fake News Being Peddled By Sahara Reporters / PROFILE: Meet Babajide Sanwo-olu, Lagos APC Guber csndidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.