Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:13 AM

Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i (10291 Views)

BMW 523i / I Noticed That There Are Much Benz C300 Between 2008-10 / Between 2008 C300, 2010 VW Cc And 2010 Is250 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 8:52pm On May 29, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a new car for myself. Presently, i am torn between two cars.

I am in love with both and would need your advise on which i should go for as i cannot afford both at once.

I am looking at

2008 Toyota Camry sport Edition

and

2008 BMW 523i

Please i would need your advise on which i should go for and as i'm not so much knowledgeable about cars, i would like to know the merit and demerit of both cars for comparison.

Fuel Consumption
Maintenance Level
Durability
etc that i would need to know
And if there are readily auto technicians that can handle it.

Thanks y'all

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by IamRespected: 8:54pm On May 29, 2017
Since you said you are not much knowledgeable about cars, please stick to the camry

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by mayor2013: 8:56pm On May 29, 2017
One and only machine BMW
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by jessejunior(m): 8:56pm On May 29, 2017
and think about the maintenance too, it is easy to maintain a camry Dan a BMW..... cos a car is a liability nt an asset

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 8:57pm On May 29, 2017
IamRespected:
Since you said you are not much knowledgeable about cars, please stick to the camry

Okay, please i would like to know why i should stay away from the BMW, is there something i need to worry about ?

I presently drive a 2007 Honda Accord and i've handled it quite well with little or less problems. Can't same be applied in handling the bmw or camry ? I like elegance.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by vayne(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2017
Personally I love rare things,that's why I got big daddy thinking it was rare,only to buy it and boom,it's everywhere on the road...got tired of it early and sold it off.

So for me I will go for the bmw(only based on how rare it is and not durability or maintainance)

3 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 9:06pm On May 29, 2017
vayne:
Personally I love rare things,that's why I got big daddy thinking it was rare,only to buy it and boom,it's everywhere on the road...got tired of it early and sold it off.

So for me I will go for the bmw(only based on how rare it is and not durability or maintainance)

Honestly, this is one of the reasons i am thinking between both. I see this camry everywhere and it kinda irks me anytime i happen to count over 10 of it drive past me each day same as the present 2007 honda accord i drive. I know toyota are generally easy to maintain. For the bmw, reason why i choose it on the list is because of class. I would have included a 2008 c class Mercedes benz, but its starting to be everywhere especially these g-boys going for it lately.

I dunno, i might be wrong though. Just confused. someone is ready to send whichever one i choose to me from the states, i just need to make my choice. Reason why i need to hear from the gurus in the house.

cc: gazzuzz, autojoshng, Nurey, Kingreign etc
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 9:07pm On May 29, 2017
jessejunior:
and think about the maintenance too, it is easy to maintain a camry Dan a BMW..... cos a car is a liability nt an asset

True, this is one reason why everyone goes for Camry.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by vayne(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:

Honestly, this is one of the reasons i am thinking between both. I see this camry everywhere and it kinda irks me anytime i happen to count over 10 of it drive past me each day same as the present 2007 honda accord i drive. I know toyota are generally easy to maintain. For the bmw, reason why i choose it on the list is because of class. I would have included a 2008 c class Mercedes benz, but its starting to be everywhere especially these g-boys going for it lately.

I dunno, i might be wrong though. Just confused. someone is ready to send whichever one i choose to me from the states, i just need to make my choice. Reason why i need to hear from the gurus in the house.

cc: gazzuzz, autojoshng etc
Well am no expert in cars,whenever I want to buy a car,this is what I consider:
1)class=(rareness,classy,beauty,not rampant)=40%
2)maintainance/part availability=(subject to driver and handling,some people can abuse a car)=15%
3)fuel economy=15%
4)durability=30%
Total =100%.....that's how I choose

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 9:30pm On May 29, 2017
vayne:

Well am no expert in cars,whenever I want to buy a car,this is what I consider:
1)class=(rareness,classy,beauty,not rampant)=40%
2)maintainance/part availability=(subject to driver and handling,some people can abuse a car)=20%
3)fuel economy=20%
4)durability=20%
Total =100%.....that's how I choose

We can work with this in choosing category in choosing which one can go for.

With the list above, now compare and contrast both cars inbetween

Class
Maintenance
Fuel Economy
Durability
Parts Availability
How Common On Nigerian Roads
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by vayne(m): 9:43pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:

We can work with this in choosing category in choosing which one can go for.

With the list above, now compare and contrast both cars inbetween

Class
Maintenance
Fuel Economy
Durability
Parts Availability
How Common On Nigerian Roads
I think:
1)the bm is more classy than the Camry.
2)we all know Toyotas to be very fuel efficient(but doesn't mean the bm will gulp your fuel like the older models)
3)I think the bm is a very durable and rugged car.
4)the parts for the Camry could be readily available in Nigeria because of its high demand,likewise the bm,maybe a bit more expensive.
5)the Toyota is more common on the Nigerian road than the bm.

Overall;
BM wins nos:1,3 and 5.
Toyota wins 2 and 4.

This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 9:47pm On May 29, 2017
vayne:

I think:
2)we all know Toyotas to be very fuel efficient(but doesn't mean the bm will gulp your fuel like the older models)
4)the parts for the Camry could be readily available in Nigeria because of its high demand,likewise the bm,maybe a bit more expensive.

Overall;
Toyota wins 2 and 4.

This is just my opinion.

Thank you so very much. You have been of tremendous help. I'd like to hear others opinion and advise.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by vayne(m): 9:49pm On May 29, 2017
I believe maintainance and availability of parts fall under same category,but the Toyota has it....

But if you decide to split em,I will give maintainance to the Toyota..

Making it a draw of 3:3
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by nurey(m): 10:03pm On May 29, 2017
I don't know what people basically get in that camry, I have driven one at 190km/h and lost to a turbo charged 4 cylinder Kia optima hehe grin, I don't see anything fancy in the car even upto the 2010 LE hybrid version though that interior looks like a palace to first timer.

Am put off by Toyota now because of the greedy prices they are sold for and the love of the men of the under world when it comes to snatching.

The BMW is a rear gem now, used to be very popular back then, now I have only come across one since this year started but the 7series seems to be damn popular.

Well my verdict is Toyota wins the car category while the BMW wins the class category

Car gets you to B from A, good on gas, easy to maintain and diagnose, no hanky Panky.

Class stands you out, turns heads, the guys too will be jealous, you can Rev in red light without throwing a piston,also guys will respect you.

But why don't you try the 1series or 3series and grow your love of the bravarian master piece to me the 5 series maintenance and parts no be beans

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by kingreign(m): 10:17pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:
Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a new car for myself. Presently, i am torn between two cars.

I am in love with both and would need your advise on which i should go for as i cannot afford both at once.

I am looking at

and

2008 BMW 523i

Please i would need your advise on which i should go for and as i'm not so much knowledgeable about cars, i would like to know the merit and demerit of both cars for comparison.

Fuel Consumption
Maintenance Level
Durability

Thanks y'all

Go after your heart, but take your head and a very trust worthy and highly knowledgeable technician along. I'd personally take the Camry over the BMW cos I dislike sudden expensive breakdowns which the E60 are known for. But, when they're good, their poise and stance is only rivalled by a merc W211 and an Audi A6 C6.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 10:17pm On May 29, 2017
vayne:
I believe maintainance and availability of parts fall under same category,but the Toyota has it....

But if you decide to split em,I will give maintainance to the Toyota..

Making it a draw of 3:3

On every nook and cranny, you will find Toyota Auto Tech. Reason why the maintenance is quit easy and affordable
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 29, 2017
For comparing sleep with death, I hereby sentence you to 2years in Guantanamo bay. grin

That Bmw E-60 is what I've been driving for 3years & counting.

if u ever buy any Jap mobile over this machine, I will never forgive you.

The only Merc than can match that machine is maybe - just maybe 2012 E55 AMG & above grin cheesy grin

Bmw - The ultimate driving machine!

12 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by kingreign(m): 10:20pm On May 29, 2017
Zoharariel:
For comparing sleep with death, I hereby sentence you to 2years in Guantanamo bay. grin

The only Merc than can match that machine is maybe - just maybe 2012 E55 AMG & above grin cheesy grin

How's your DISA, i drive, electric water pump, DMI and trifecta holding?

4 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 10:21pm On May 29, 2017
nurey:
I don't know what people basically get in that camry, I have driven one at 190km/h and lost to a turbo charged 4 cylinder Kia optima hehe grin, I don't see anything fancy in the car even upto the 2010 LE hybrid version though that interior looks like a palace to first timer.

Am put off by Toyota now because of the greedy prices they are sold for and the love of the men of the under world when it comes to snatching.

The BMW is a rear gem now, used to be very popular back then, now I have only come across one since this year started but the 7series seems to be damn popular.

Well my verdict is Toyota wins the car category while the BMW wins the class category

Car gets you to B from A, good on gas, easy to maintain and diagnose, no hanky Panky.

Class stands you out, turns heads, the guys too will be jealous, you can Rev in red light without throwing a piston,also guys will respect you.

But why don't you try the 1series or 3series and grow your love of the bravarian master piece to me the 5 series maintenance and parts no be beans

3series is somewhat classy as well. Looking at the cost of getting it. Don't know about it.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by kingreign(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:

3series is somewhat classy as well. Looking at the cost of getting it. Don't know about it.

Hope you're ready to take the burden of one of the most unreliable BMW built or one of the most unreliability built Camry?

Id rather do a Mercedes W211 E350 facelift 07/08
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 10:27pm On May 29, 2017
Zoharariel:

I love that E-60....Actually, its the design concept that makes me wfall in love with the 523i. Its what i can afford o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 10:31pm On May 29, 2017
kingreign:

Hope you're ready to take the burden of one of the most unreliable BMW built or one of the most unreliability built Camry?

Id rather do a Mercedes W211 E350 facelift 07/08

I'm a freak when it comes to style and elegance. Mercedes W211 E350 didn't just do that justice for me. More like a man's car to me. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by kingreign(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:

I'm a freak when it comes to style and elegance. Mercedes W211 E350 didn't just do that justice for me. More like a man's car to me. I stand to be corrected though.
sit in one, drive it well you'd appreciate the beauty of that car. It may not be as fast as an E60 335i but its definitely more stately and has a better manner.
Another 3 choices you could do are infiniti M35, acura RL and Lexus GS. They're in same class as the E60.
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by nurey(m): 10:42pm On May 29, 2017
anonymousjuju:

If you like the 3series, the E46 should be a good choice 1998-2006, a nairaland user didn't rate the E90 well 07-13 says too low, changed suspension like he'll etc.

The E46 will be a good start, whether the I4 or I6, you are good to go, not common but a reliable car all the same, of you intend to go Savage the M package with a 4.0L V8 will fill the void grin

1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by erico2k2(m): 12:54am On May 30, 2017
anonymousjuju:
Hi Guys,

I am looking at

and

2008 BMW 523i

Fuel Consumption
Maintenance Level
Durability

Thanks y'all

How can you call Toyota and BMW in one sentence kai
its like comparing Garri and cornflakes.

9 Likes

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by erico2k2(m): 12:58am On May 30, 2017
vayne:

I think:

Overall;
Toyota wins 2 and 4.

This is just my opinion.
The toyota is not more fuel efficient than the BMW's thats wrong analogy, have you seen the BMW 520i and the 525i? they have 2 ltr Engine and 2.5 litre Engine and the 318 has 1.9 ltre Engine, now pencil light is 2,2 ltra and that spider with V6 has a 3 ltrs or more Engine
SO when people say Toyota is more fuel efficient I just laugh and LOL grin grin
as for parts Toyota parts are not cheap at all, the fact you get cheap fakes does not amount for its parts to be cheap.you hardly get fakes in teh BMWs hence its xpenssive.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by anonymousjuju(f): 12:17pm On May 30, 2017
erico2k2:

The toyota is not more fuel efficient than the BMW's thats wrong analogy, have you seen the BMW 520i and the 525i? they have 2 ltr Engine and 2.5 litre Engine and the 318 has 1.9 ltre Engine, now pencil light is 2,2 ltra and that spider with V6 has a 3 ltrs or more Engine
SO when people say Toyota is more fuel efficient I just laugh and LOL grin grin
as for parts Toyota parts are not cheap at all, the fact you get cheap fakes does not amount for its parts to be cheap.you hardly get fakes in teh BMWs hence its xpenssive.

This is actually the first time i'd be hearing about this. Though i know the modern cars being made are more fuel efficient than the older models, but we were meant to believe that Toyota right from the day the name came to existence has more fuel efficiency than any other cars made. I know say na myth. But its what most mechanics makes us to understand.

One of my fear going for a BMW is fuel consumption, but i am ready to take that bull by the horn if i eventually go for it. But i need to know if its fuel consumption is any different from that of the toyota i mentioned above.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by nurey(m): 12:52pm On May 30, 2017
anonymousjuju:

This is actually the first time i'd be hearing about this. Though i know the modern cars being made are more fuel efficient than the older models, but we were meant to believe that Toyota right from the day the name came to existence has more fuel efficiency than any other cars made. I know say na myth. But its what most mechanics makes us to understand.

One of my fear going for a BMW is fuel consumption, but i am ready to take that bull by the horn if i eventually go for it. But i need to know if its fuel consumption is any different from that of the toyota i mentioned above.

if its the V6 camry against the I6 BMW, then the difference is negligible though the camry tops. If its against a 4cylinder camry, the toyota wins in fuel economy by a great margin.

when you now talk about horse power, the bmw packs 177hp 0-100 7.7secs while the v6 camry packs 268hp 0-100 5.8secs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by erico2k2(m): 1:11pm On May 30, 2017
anonymousjuju:

Buy a 318 it's has a 1.9 ltr engine or a 520 lwith 2.0 engine
it's way better in fuel economy than a camry 2.2
Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by Gee2728(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2017
Zoharariel:

No 2012 e55 AMG sir. It's a e63 and you most have an F10 M5 to be talking to it. grin

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by kingreign(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2017
Gee2728:

No 2012 e55 AMG sir. It's a e63 and you most have an F10 M5 to be talking to it. grin
Lol. Or else e go be like that 98 avensis guy angry way go blow engine trying to race an 09 C300. grin

1 Like

Re: Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i by Gee2728(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2017
kingreign:

Lol. Or else e go be like that 98 avensis guy angry way go blow engine trying to race an 09 C300. grin

grin grin grin lwkmd

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Car Noises You Should Not To Ignore / Reps Panel Okays Frsc’s Speed Limiters / How To Unlock Your Car Stereo Radio FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.