Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria (8705 Views)

Igbos Has No Relationship With Jews, Nnadi Kanu Should Keep Quiet / Igbos Has Started Editing The Wikipedia Pages Of Southern Minorities / Those Who Say Igbos Has Not Been Marginalized Are Fools - Onyema Courage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by nwabobo: 11:18pm On May 29, 2017
Mynd44:
The ignorance in the OP thread is amazing but lets indulge.

The op may not be completely right but in all my years of travelling round the world, I've never seen a yoruba person travel to a country where he doesn't have an aunty, uncle, broda or sister. That is based on my observations.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 11:19pm On May 29, 2017
TheCabal:

You stayed in the slums of the north, just like you live in the slums of the east and when you move to lagos you will live in the slums of Lasgidi.

Poor man.
you are not making any sense,the reality is open in everyone face
Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:20pm On May 29, 2017
macolino:
shey if you ban me you go carry cup?

I did not say I will ban you. Liepods can lie. Rather I will recommend your banning.

Banning you will increase the sanity of Nairaland against your lies for few days that you're away.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:24pm On May 29, 2017
Odingo1:
Igbos have the highest population in Nigeria,followed by Hausa, then Yoruba,Kanuri, Ijaw, Fulani .........
It is very clear,anytime you enter SE there is always a hold up everywhere and 99% are Igbos and if you go to any other state in Nigeria atleast Igbos have 25% presence in all the states in Nigeria and about 40% presence in Lagos and Abuja.

Hold up is caused by lack of good road networking and not your inconsequential 5% population. Your region is backward and that's why you leave it for other places, claiming to develop your new host when your house is a typical village.

19 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 11:31pm On May 29, 2017
FriendNG:

Hold up is caused by lack of good road networking and not your 5% population. Your region is backward and that's why you leave it for other places, claiming to develop your new host when your house is a typical village.
Have you ever been to SE,try and set your foot there and your thought about SE will change.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:35pm On May 29, 2017
Odingo1:

Have you ever been to SE,try and set your foot there and your thought about SE will change.

Google is your friend. What's there in SE? It is not equal to one state in the north (Niger State). The entire 5 States in the SE is not = to 1 state in the north in term of size.

And when it come to population, tell us how many wives Igbo people marry?

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 11:36pm On May 29, 2017
Through out my stay in the North I have never met a Yoruba person,maiduguri to be precise,they only teach us in school that they have Yoruba people, then in Awka I never be in contact with a yoruba in my university days until I went for my youth service in Osun last two years, I was surprise to see a mosque in one of the village that I am serving Asa near IWO, i now ask what is the mosque doing in their village are they Hausa people that practice Islam, they told me that some yorubas are also muslims,it was a greatest shock to me because i thought that yorubas are christians like Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by wristbangle: 11:40pm On May 29, 2017
Highly disappointed in the flawed statistics stated in the write up but I am not surprise sha

1 Like

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:40pm On May 29, 2017
^^ Odingo 35% of Yoruba Muslim, 35% Christians and 30% traditional worshippers.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Oblang(m): 11:41pm On May 29, 2017
The mumuness of this op knows no bound. This one should be completely ignored so he can enjoy his fantasies....

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 11:45pm On May 29, 2017
FriendNG:

Google is your friend. What's there in SE? It is not equal to one state in the north (Niger State). The entire 5 States in the SE is not = to 1 state in the north in term of size.

And when it come to population, tell us how many wives Igbo people marry?
The whole of Israel is not upto the same Niger state and the whole of Switzerland may not be upto the size of Niger state and yet the world richest.Comparing empty barren desert land with tropical rain forest land is very surprising tho.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 11:47pm On May 29, 2017
Odingo1:

The whole of Israel is not upto the same Niger state and the whole of Switzerland may not be upto the size of Niger state and yet the world richest.Comparing empty barren desert land with tropical rain forest land is very surprising tho.

And the north it is still better than the SE you left for the desert Maiduguri Borno state.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by paramakina202: 11:58pm On May 29, 2017
This op need some serious flogging.SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 12:02am On May 30, 2017
FriendNG:

And the north it is still better than the SE you left for the desert Maiduguri Borno state.
We are bringing expertise to them and teaching them the modern way of life continuing where the white people stopped and also make some money, SE is very competitive and very saturated.You need to visit Onitsha,Enugu,Aba,Awka, Owerri and see for yourself.
When I was in Maiduguri,one Alhaji visited Onitsha on a business trip,his first time of moving out of the North, he came back and the man was shouting,shege mutum,ya yiewa,shege nyamiri,shege mutani igbo. He was screeming because of the high story building that doted onitsha skyline,he have never seen something like that in his life.
This is a true life story.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by FriendNG: 12:08am On May 30, 2017
Odingo1:

We are bringing expertise to them and teaching them the modern way of life continuing where the white people stopped and also make some money, SE is very competitive and very saturated.You need to visit Onitsha,Enugu,Aba,Awka, Owerri and see for yourself.
When I was in Maiduguri,one Alhaji visited Onitsha on a business trip,his first time of moving out of the North, he came back and shouting,shege mutum,ya yiewa,shege nyamiri,shege mutani igbo. He was screeming because of the high story building that doted onitsha skyline,he have never seen something like that in his life.
This is a true life story.

Teaching them the modern what? What do you know that you're teaching them? Please mention one apart from Baby factory, Drug Smuggling, Tarnishing the image of Nigeria.

Which story building, Storey building of Onitsha long pass Abuja central bank and Lagos buildings?

Please hold that your teaching and move back to east, don't teach them how to smuggled drug. Kano market and it businesses is more saturated than the east.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 12:10am On May 30, 2017
Ochinex:
Before you think any thing negative against me or the article am going to put down, I should say Yes, am a bonifide Igbo dude and hey, i reside in the north.

Apparently, at time I hear Hausas and Yoruba's are higher in population than the Igbos and other ethnic groups, of a true am bewildered because from normal analysis, the Igbo's are enormous and vast compelled to any other tribe in the Country..

The Igbo is known to have suffered Marginalization right after the Civil war ( war the British helped Nigerians, killing innocent civilians and gave them 20ponds to start all over) Marginalizing them, Politically, Economically and otherwise. The Igbo's are still strong and still rule the country's Economy even without the help of the So-called government.

Now back to my Point, I said, the Igbos are higher in Population than any other tribe in the country. I have my Solid and Empirical Backings to support my saying...

An Average Hausa man does not travel, Nationally and Internationally. I've stayed in the north for over 20 years, and have observed them for many years, believe you me they Dont Travel. Why would they travel? What Lucrative business can they do apart from the north were they sell meat, clothes and shoes, by the road side imported from Aba? would they dare come to the East and compete with the Easterners in business line? I Dont think so.
Upon the Hausa's being at their base, the north seems Empty and Scanty.. I have been to Jigawa, Kastina and Kebbi all you see there are the Fulanis and Niger's which you can't call Hausas. Indeed, their lands are intimidating but scanty. Down here in the east, I can bet you the Hausas all combined are not up to 1million.

Same applies to the Yorubas. They don't travel.. infact, I haven't seen any Yorubas In the East, and little or non in the north. Remember, Lagos in no mans' land, and the population between Igbos and Yorubas are 50-50. Yorubas are very rare to find, except in their land ( Osu, Ondo,Oyo.. Ilorin has been taken by the Fulanis chasing majority of the Yorubas out and tuning some to Muslim by force.)and some travels abroad eg London and some European countries cause have been to london before and I know what am saying.

Coming down to the East, they are all over the country and internationally like in the Usa, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Germany etc, they own these places. In fact their is a say, if you Dont fine any Igbo man in a particular place,country, that place is the most unsecured place in this world. Igbos are all over the country to the extent they now install Eze and created kingdoms anyplace they settle because of the vast populations.eg Lagos, Ilorin, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna and Abuja etc even abroad

Igbos are over populated in the East, and have moved further to other states to colonize their Economy.

My point is, The Hausa population is not what you think it is, the Yorubas are not even close ..
I drop my pen.

No tribalism, I only stated how it is ..

Mr,
There is no society in the world worth of its political standing where census and or population count is done by speculation. No where in the world! You guys always come up with ideas that flow counter and inefficient for the global human stream.

Change your ways and stop according yourselves positions on the totem pole before it has been rightluflly earned, and acknowledged by the general society.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Odingo1: 12:25am On May 30, 2017
FriendNG:

Teaching them the modern what? What do you know that you're teaching them? Please mention one apart from Baby factory, Drug Smuggling, Tarnishing the image of Nigeria.

Which story building, Storey building of Onitsha long pass Abuja central bank and Lagos buildings?

Please hold that your teaching and move back to east, don't teach them how to smuggled drug. Kano market and it businesses is more saturated than the east.
Lagos and Abuja dont have that kind of onitsha skyline,I have already move back
Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 1:04am On May 30, 2017
Odingo1:
Igbos have the highest population in Nigeria,followed by Hausa, then Yoruba,Kanuri, Ijaw, Fulani .........
It is very clear,anytime you enter SE there is always a hold up everywhere and 99% are Igbos and if you go to any other state in Nigeria atleast Igbos have 25% presence in all the states in Nigeria and about 40% presence in Lagos and Abuja.

A good test of your claim and that of OPs is to assess the poll performance when Ibos vote. APGA, the Ibo party is struggling even in its own home region. Then you supported PDP 99% in last election and yet you couldnt win Imo state. PDP could not even carry all your SE states, with your 99% support. You were thrashed in North, thrashed in West. So can you defend this defeat of Ibo in every geo political zone in the nation?

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by IkedisEbube: 1:33am On May 30, 2017
Odingo1:

Lmao Delusion. But you all said you only go to Lagos and not SW. So you now have 25% in all states in Nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by tollyboy5(m): 2:49am On May 30, 2017
DerideGull:

Reason ends where name calling starts. If you are not ignorant, provide another side of the coin.
don't be silly this is why no one will provide trash undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:10am On May 30, 2017
Odingo1:
Through out my stay in the North I have never met a Yoruba person,maiduguri to be precise,they only teach us in school that they have Yoruba people, then in Awka I never be in contact with a yoruba in my university days until I went for my youth service in Osun last two years, I was surprise to see a mosque in one of the village that I am serving Asa near IWO, i now ask what is the mosque doing in their village are they Hausa people that practice Islam, they told me that some yorubas are also muslims,it was a greatest shock to me because i thought that yorubas are christians like Igbos.

Listen to this one. When your poor, you have the worst source of information - no matter what nation you find yourself.

Your poor
partly because you have no accurate source of information.

An easterner who often travels to Schengen would never spew the rubbish you said above.

The poverty in the east is different from the poverty in north. In the north , the poor knows they are poor - in the east poor, the poor know they are poor but they tell themselves its just a dream ! The worst form of poverty is ignorance and this is what the poor people in the east suffer most of.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Pavore9: 4:55am On May 30, 2017
People come up with fiction and expect others to accept as facts!

Just as someone has claimed in his post " Igbos have 25% presence in all the states in Nigeria and about 40% presence in Lagos and Abuja". Using a rough estimate of 80 million people living in the North, it means 20 million Igbos live in the North. The 40% presence in Lagos, makes the Yorubas a minority cheesy because they share the 60% with the other over 300 tribes and foreigners. grin grin

Reality tastes like ashes!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by OAUTemitayo: 5:03am On May 30, 2017
Pavore9:

Just as someone has claimed in his post " Igbos have 25% presence in all the states in Nigeria and about 40% presence in Lagos and Abuja". Using a rough estimate of 80 million people living in the North, it means 20 million Igbos live in the North. The 40% presence in Lagos, makes the Yorubas a minority cheesy because they share the 60% with the other over 300 tribes and foreigners. grin grin

Let IPOBians see you

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Pavore9: 5:15am On May 30, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Let IPOBians see you

Dem no dey fear face? IPOB can not be filled in any legal binding form as a form of identity but I boldly fill in Igbo wherever ethnicity is required! cheesy
Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by EmeritusMbaM: 5:24am On May 30, 2017
Pavore9:

Lolz. Most of them are villagers posting from Abakaliki cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Basic123: 5:52am On May 30, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:
you people have inferiority complex , !

this is just plain Foolish write up

your people that travelled out, what did they bring how did they help the economy

all they do is sell..... illegal material, drugs, prostitution

too many bigots on naira land

The Inferiority complex is too much.

They will be opening thread here and there bragging,chestbeating........

it's so disgusting.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by ProWalker: 6:36am On May 30, 2017
Basic123:

The Inferiority complex is too much.

They will be opening thread here and there bragging,chestbeating........

it's so disgusting.

The ipob miscreants open the least intelligent OP on NL, but have the highest number of trashy OP, check NL very well.
Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by bakynes(m): 6:56am On May 30, 2017
Pride is one thing I have observed in most igbo people another is excessive love for money, that's why they are more into crimes. Majority of them making money make it through illegal means.

So you think Lagos is no man's land because it is cosmopolitan. You are 40% of population in Lagos, making Yoruba and other tribes of Nigeria sharing 60% of the population, making Yoruba the land owners minority? well done, we proved to you at the last election your a minority in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14am On May 30, 2017
All these is happening coz PMB didn't organise census which was suppose to be last year......truth be told, igbos are everywhere but that doesn't mean they are the most populated ethnic group in Nigeria.
Let's use election to argue this, Jonathan cleared the SW, SS, and SE in 2011 to win buhari who cleared the North. But 2015, Buhari cleared the North and SW, Jonathan cleared the SE and shared votes from SS with buhari.....so what does that tell you bro

1 Like

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:23am On May 30, 2017
bakynes:
Pride is one thing I have observed in most igbo people another is excessive love for money, that's why they are more into crimes. Majority of them making money make it through illegal means.

So you think Lagos is no man's land because it is cosmopolitan. You are 40% of population in Lagos, making Yoruba and other tribes of Nigeria sharing 60% of the population, making Yoruba the land owners minority? well done, we proved to you at the last election your a minority in Lagos.
You're very correct sir. Let's take politicians as examples. In Lagos, they have other tribes in power. They didn't win coz their ethnic group was the majority but they acquainted themselves with the Yorubas but that will never happen in the east. They prefer to die than see a Hausa or a Yoruba man lead them, even in their own land
Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Etogist: 7:33am On May 30, 2017
Young03:
Op u can lie

hausa pple wey go marry 4wives and each wife will born up to seven

Travel and see
Seven children indeed. Now among the seven how many will survive polio and other disease? Some will be used as suicide bombers and poverty will take it's own. Tell me how many will remain?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Has The Highest Population Numbers In Nigeria by Etogist: 7:37am On May 30, 2017
TsaTrinity:
All these is happening coz PMB didn't organise census which was suppose to be last year......truth be told, igbos are everywhere but that doesn't mean they are the most populated ethnic group in Nigeria.
Let's use election to argue this, Jonathan cleared the SW, SS, and SE in 2011 to win buhari who cleared the North. But 2015, Buhari cleared the North and SW, Jonathan cleared the SE and shared votes from SS with buhari.....so what does that tell you bro

Almost one third of Igbos did not vote. Even I didn't vote because Jonathan was a disappointment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Sets Up Task-force To Deliver Audience Measurement Service / "Boko Haram Bombers Now Pretend To Be Epileptics To Gather Crowd"- Adamawa Govt / PDP Reacts To The Demolition Of Its Secretariat In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.