Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Abu Zaria Admission Threads - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abu Zaria Admission Threads (78312 Views)

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Abu Zaria Admission List.pdf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2017
Guys pls. 287 in jamb, 296 in post utme. 292 average. Mbbs aspirant from Kogi. What do ou think?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 12:23am On Oct 12, 2017
absolute2020:
is post utme cut off

Okay undecided
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 12:24am On Oct 12, 2017
Fayos1:
Guys pls. 287 in jamb, 296 in post utme. 292 average. Mbbs aspirant from Kogi. What do ou think?

Kogi is a catchment state, 292 seems good.

You can hope on it
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 12:25am On Oct 12, 2017
Papacypaul:
Who knows about ABU special admissions here and how many they admits per department( special admissn is for hnd holders that wish to have degree and if successful will be admittd to 300lvl), i applied Civil engineering

I don't know, admission is always random, you can't for sure say this is the number of students that would be admitted...

But then, the last list I checked last year, I'm certain I didn't see any department with up to 10 students
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 12:29am On Oct 12, 2017
maliyu777:
What is the cut-off mark for economics?

The same cut off yearly....

180 for science and social science, 190 for arts

I'm not sure if social science is 180/190, but I'm certain of science and arts
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 8:53am On Oct 12, 2017
barackodam:

You can hope on it
Hi please, do you have any idea about the total amount of fees to be paid by new students fir ABU
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by nuradeen011(m): 9:35am On Oct 12, 2017
hi is there anyone with the idea on when ABU are going to release there admission list?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Fayos1:
Hi please, do you have any idea about the total amount of fees to be paid by new students fir ABU

Based on the news we heard that all federal unis have increased their fees, no one knows how much it would be next session
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by abduljabbar4(m): 4:53pm On Oct 12, 2017
Fayos1:

Go and start making preparations for school bro. There is a very slim chance of you getting rejected. Enjoy the school
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Papacypaul(m): 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
barackodam:

I don't know, admission is always random, you can't for sure say this is the number of students that would be admitted...

But then, the last list I checked last year, I'm certain I didn't see any department with up to 10 students
thanks...but do u think special admission is competitive like DE, even dz year special admssn form was nt announced ,if nt my c0nstant check of their online form websyt i wouldnt have knwn.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2017
Papacypaul:
thanks...but do u think special admission is competitive like DE, even dz year special admssn form was nt announced ,if nt my c0nstant check of their online form websyt i wouldnt have knwn.

Well, I'd rather not think so.....i don't think so, it could be possible, but that aspect is what I have zero knowledge about
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
nuradeen011:
hi is there anyone with the idea on when ABU are going to release there admission list?

Idea?

Sometimes in November.....

Certainty?

0%
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
barackodam:

You can hope on it
sorry. In addition to writing post utme, i also did abu remedial and attained cgpa of 5.0 . Now i dont know how its going to be. Is it going to be two admission? Or am i going to be considered for admission based on either post utme or remedial ?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Go and start making preparations for school bro. There is a very slim chance of you getting rejected. Enjoy the school
thanks man. But do you think average of 292 is enough for an aspirant from kogi state applying for medicine
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by abduljabbar4(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2017
Fayos1:
thanks man. But do you think average of 292 is enough for an aspirant from kogi state applying for medicine

I am just an alumnus so i dont know much but honestly your chances are very very good. Some of my course mates from the east were able to get admitted with 240-270 so i see no reason why you wont get admitted especially as a science student. In my opinion you will certainly get admitted but lets just wait and see
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by HajimeSaito(m): 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
Proudly U.I.

ABU is grossly overrated. It's taken seriously because it's the only fairly decent tertiary institution in the educational backwoods of Northern Nigeria. Just a local champion.

On the national stage it simply can't compete with U.I.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Canberra55: 2:23am On Oct 13, 2017
You just want attention or a like on your comment? I'm giving you just one of them.... You're not worth having two. Go sleep your aszs outta pooh. I'm not sure what you smoking on, but whatever bit is, it's not good for your health. I'm starting to wonder how much sense of direction you gat....all the way from Ibadan to Zaria just to come show us a cameo of your cowardice. #smh

3 Likes

Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 7:13am On Oct 13, 2017
Fayos1:
sorry. In addition to writing post utme, i also did abu remedial and attained cgpa of 5.0 . Now i dont know how its going to be. Is it going to be two admission? Or am i going to be considered for admission based on either post utme or remedial ?

If you did remedial, you don't need to write p.utme.

As you did now, akant say
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Kaziar: 8:55am On Oct 13, 2017
I got 320 jamb, 258 post-utme, 289 average, applied for mbbs, will it be enough?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by thernee: 4:17pm On Oct 13, 2017
Please what are the ABU catchment states?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by absolute2020(m): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls what's the post utme cut-off mark for pharmacy this year
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by idreesjigo(m): 10:03am On Oct 14, 2017
Kaziar:
I got 320 jamb, 258 post-utme, 289 average, applied for mbbs, will it be enough?
is good enough
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Kaziar: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2017
idreesjigo:
is good enough
Thanks
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by abduljabbar4(m): 10:43am On Oct 14, 2017
HajimeSaito:
Proudly U.I.

ABU is grossly overrated. It's taken seriously because it's the only fairly decent tertiary institution in the educational backwoods of Northern Nigeria. Just a local champion.

On the national stage it simply can't compete with U.I.

Who is this mumu? With all the bad news we have been hearing about that useless university? If ui was better than ABU then i see no reason why South westerners would keep on fighting to get admitted. Your problem is that you make conclusions based on what you have been told. That it is located in the north does not mean that ui is better. The uni is bigger, more beautiful, and most importantly, its students are naturally ahead of all other Nigerian students

1 Like

Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
thernee:
Please what are the ABU catchment states?

19 northern states and FCT
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2017
barackodam:

If you did remedial, you don't need to write p.utme.

As you did now, akant say
Hi, need some clarification pls. What do you think about accomodation in ABU . Is off campus better? And which is for medical students?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Fayos1:
Hi, need some clarification pls. What do you think about accomodation in ABU . Is off campus better? And which is for medical students?

I can't give opinion on that.

Personally, I prefer on campus, never stayed outside campus before, it's my preference.

As a year one student, trust me, campus is your best bet. The stress is too much for those staying in campus, let alone those coming from outside.

Thereafter,,,,,,,,your discretion smiley
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2017
barackodam:

Personally, I prefer on campus, never stayed outside campus before, it's my preference.

As a year one student, trust me, campus is your best bet. The stress is too much for those staying in campus, let alone those coming from outside.

Thanks man .youve been real helpful
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Twirelex: 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
barackodam:

Badt guy
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Twirelex: 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
for me, i think someone from a non-catchment state as some people here would tag it
is more likely to gain admission than someone from the so called catchment state.
Reason is that; most people apply for universities based on the region they are from, the few who apply for universities outside their region has higher Chances of being selected for admission. No federal university would want people to think that they are discriminating.
i had 185 in my jamb and 200 in my post utme
and i was still offered admission to study Elect engr.
i can tell you for sure that someone from kaduna state with that same score may not be considered for admission simply because there are lots of people from kaduna who applied to study elect engr. in ABU with higher jamb and post utme score.

my point, always apply for a non catchment institution.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Twirelex:
Badt guy

Tony, boss man. I hail o grin
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 6:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
Twirelex:
for me, i think someone from a non-catchment state as some people here would tag it
is more likely to gain admission than someone from the so called catchment state.
Reason is that; most people apply for universities based on the region they are from, the few who apply for universities outside their region has higher Chances of being selected for admission. No federal university would want people to think that they are discriminating.
i had 185 in my jamb and 200 in my post utme
and i was still offered admission to study Elect engr.
i can tell you for sure that someone from kaduna state with that same score may not be considered for admission simply because there are lots of people from kaduna who applied to study elect engr. in ABU with higher jamb and post utme score.

my point, always apply for a non catchment institution.

I share your sentiment bro, hell, I even told my friends I should have applied using Lagos State instead of my state, but, it's not as simple as you think.

Trust me, there are lots of non catchment students vying for admission into ABU.....Canberra55 can attest to that, never think you're the only one from your state, I have friends who applied from the same state, non catchment, and still, non of the two got admitted. Never think you're the only candidate, you may be, but never think so......except of course, it's a relatively non competitive course.

(the last statement is my opinion, not a fact)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University / Bride In Wedding Gown Writes UNILAG Masters Entrance Exam / Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.