Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 (6452 Views)

Digital Innovation: Microsoft Partners With Access Bank / Africa – A Future In Innovation, Youth, Industry, And Entrepreneurship / Nigeria Ranks 137th In ICT Development Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by Lordxeer(m): 8:43am On Jun 03, 2017
hmmm
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by emmaitive(m): 9:00am On Jun 03, 2017
nigeria cannot develope with the north

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by dfrost: 9:01am On Jun 03, 2017
Feraz:
2018 actually! Be that as it may, I just shook my head once he said that! China is building/has built a quantum computer and we are here, thinking of pencils not even bicycles!

I thought he said toothpicks.

cc: xdos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by agitator: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2017
what about the kekeroplane engineer, the one who design car give elrufai, aboki wey design helicopter? angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by xdos(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin bros you are not smiling oh...
dfrost:

I thought he said toothpicks.

cc: xdos
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by pokipoki: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2017
Hahahahaha. Nigeria can never be innovative now when the president still has a 1970's mentality.!!!. Very soon, if not positive is done about Nigeria's leadership issues, then very soon, the likes of Benin Republic will be ahead of us in major economic indices.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by MrEverest(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2017
RealLordZeus:
Adebayo shittu!!!! Is that one a minister?
When the vegetable decided to chose a bearded islamic cleric as minister of such an important ministry, then what did you expect. The a.b.o.kis have continued to drag us down since time Imo river.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by Raypawer(m): 9:56am On Jun 03, 2017
Pencils, tooth pick.. and some sort are now produced in Akwa Ibom one year ahead of national projection

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/aibom-leading-pace-industrialisation-pencil-toothpick-production/

https://techpoint.ng/2017/05/24/akwa-ibom-starts-producing-pencils/

xdos:
Like you didnt hear our minister say Nigeria will start producing pencils 2019.
The truth is our Universities are brain drain.
The only thing our schools prepare us for is how to seek and apply for jobs. They teach us how to speak good English.
Nigerians are intelligent I must say. When they leave the shores of this nation, they do well.
I struggled to make a decent grade here in Nigeria but when I went to states for a training which they considered tough, I came out the best overall. I have friends and some other people who have same experience.
The govt needs to be serious and invest heavily in our universities. Schools should be equipped. Our teachers/lecturers need to be trained and retrained. We should have functional research institutes.
We cant keep wasting brains.. Now a lot of our youths have found solace in fraudulent activities... Most are yahoo boys now.
I really do fear for this country..
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by achi4u(m): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2017
Even this thread has said it all, if it is gossip or tribal thread we for don enter 5th page.
The problem with Nigeria is lopping so many different people with different ideology together.
Split this nonsense country, those who will survive will survive those will remain in the stone age...
Abeg make I go find garri sook this morning grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by achi4u(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2017
emmaitive:
nigeria cannot develope with the north
Gbam.
North with Islam =No innovation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by xdos(m): 10:18am On Jun 03, 2017
Good to hear. Atleast we have started something. Johnny Walker said... Keep moving!
Raypawer:
Pencils, tooth pick.. and some sort are now produced in Akwa Ibom one year ahead of national projection

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/aibom-leading-pace-industrialisation-pencil-toothpick-production/

https://techpoint.ng/2017/05/24/akwa-ibom-starts-producing-pencils/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by BnQoyyim(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2017
It's a slap on the so-called giant of Africa. To me, Nigeria is the Africa giant because of her landmass, by the way i couldn't glimpse an India- the guru on all field.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by nwoye72: 10:25am On Jun 03, 2017
i just wonder why this my country where i live always comes in the first front of any good ranking in the world.infact ill begin to respect them with all the scandinavian countries,they are too much.nice place to live
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by Walelavender(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2017
The ICT Minister,is nothing but a triangular peg in a round hole. A Barrister of law leading innovation in science? Just Like the one in power and works.

It's high time the Nigerian Society of Engineers stood to address this anomaly. Competent professionals, who have carved a niche for themselves in the ICT industry should man such post.

How long would we continue to be the snoring and sleeping giant ?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by dfrost: 10:37am On Jun 03, 2017
xdos:
grin grin grin grin grin bros you are not smiling oh...

grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
The result of quota system!
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by tunjilanlokun: 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
gabonsky:

we will get there probably in 2050
Apart from the government investing heavily, which is important when you talk of building an institution, when you talk innovation in this country let us look how ideas are rotten in people due to environment that doesn't encourage them to take risk, there is need for social security before any nation can be innovative, Creativity isn't born out of frustration but a system that assure of social security if you idea doesn't work. In Nigeria, our parents encourage us to study Pharmacy, medicine cause they see it as an escape route of poverty, and you see most of these professional doing what they don't enjoy and discourage to chase their dream, isnot their faulty is what the country has turn to, there is need for functioning system that can encourage everyone chase his or her dream with something to fall back on incase.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by gabonsky: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
tunjilanlokun:

Apart from the government investing heavily, which is important when you talk of building an institution, when you talk innovation in this country let us look how ideas are rotten in people due to environment that doesn't encourage them to take risk, there is need for social security before any nation can be innovative, Creativity isn't born out of frustration but a system that assure of social security if you idea doesn't work. In Nigeria, our parents encourage us to study Pharmacy, medicine cause they see it as an escape route of poverty, and you see most of these professional doing what they don't enjoy and discourage to chase their dream, isnot their faulty is what the country has turn to, there is need for functioning system that can encourage everyone chase his or her dream with something to fall back on incase.

Hmmm you have made some valid points and I totally agree with you.

But I want to point out that we have a failed system and corrupts institutions which are bend to Culvert the Nigeria's Dream and frustrate the youths in innovating themselves.

My others question is what is the way out of this present situation we find ourselves and please proffers solutions?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 114 Out Of 128 In Innovation Index 2016 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 03, 2017
lestat:
What do you all expect? A country where there are no research centers, zero educational standards, 100% praise of mediocrity...
Nothing works, and some Nairaland will be here saying don't travel Nigeria is better than some places in America, UK, Scotland, Germany, Spain, etc

My wish is for 3every youth to have an opportunity to leave this country.
Realistically there's no hope for this country... Things will continue​ like this till either there's a military could, or a civil war.
Truthfully there's no hope for this country try till something happens that either kills off these politicians or well good he Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Set Up A Power Inverter. / See How To Activate Your MTN Sim Card For 4G LTE Services / Build Your Own Mini, Solar Power Unit. My Experiences Shared 100%!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.