Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment (11565 Views)

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / 10 Symptoms That Your Car Needs An Oil Change / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by obafemee80(m): 5:34am On May 30, 2017
[img]http:///a/img922/788/w8FJOY.jpg[/img]

Proper tire alignment is important to avoid excessive wear on tires and vehicle parts. Bad tire alignment can decrease your MPG, make wheels work against each other, and wear out tires by causing bad tread wear patterns. Here are some signs that suggest you need an alignment fix.

1)Uneven wear.
 If one of your front or back tires shows a much different wear pattern than its opposite, more likely than not, it's time for a tire alignment.

2)Pulling to the right or left.
If a vehicle's wheels are badly out of alignment, you'll notice the vehicle will automatically try to turn to one side or another. If you have to wrestle with the wheel, it's time for an alignment, so that the wheels all point in the right directions.

3)Passive pulling.
With a lesser alignment problem, the vehicle may not actively pull, but when you let the car go straight ahead, without a hand on the steering wheel, the vehicle may naturally drift off to one direction or another. This is also a sign of an alignment problem.

4)Vibration.
Bad alignment can also cause vibration as wheels pull against each other. If your car is shaking while running down the road, check your alignment.

5)A crooked steering wheel.
Another sign of a vehicle that is out of alignment is that the steering wheel may be crooked while the car or truck is going straight ahead. Keep an eye on this tell tale signal of an alignment problem.

The Benefits of Tire Alignment
Bad tire alignment can lead to a lot of different problems on a vehicle. Here are some of the reasons it's not a good idea to keep on driving without a good tire alignment from a professional shop.

1)It aids tire rotation.
Even though you may take care to rotate tires every 7000 miles,if the car is out of alignment, they can still wear wrong and get shredded in a relatively short time.

2)It satisfies warranty requirements.
If your tires carry a warranty or "lifetime certificate," check the fine print. It's likely that it includes the requirement of getting periodic alignments to keep tires from wearing incorrectly. Don't let your warranty be voided by a lack of proper maintenance.

3)It improves handling.
A car with a proper wheel alignment is easier to drive. When dealing with road obstacles such as potholes (which also throw out the alignment even more),you're one step ahead if you have correct wheel alignment on your vehicle.

4)It reduces wear on steering column.
Bad alignment causes wear on a lot of car parts,not just the tires. In extreme situations, a vehicle out of alignment can shake parts and cause even more deterioration. Your best bet is to do periodic alignments so that car systems don't suffer from being jolted around.

5)Improves gas mileage.
Like numerous other car problems,bad alignment can lead to lower MPG as the vehicle puts more energy into its trajectory than it should. Don't let improper wheel alignment work against the overall health of your vehicle and limit the MPG it gets on the road.
https://www.carsdirect.com/car-repair/tire-alignment-how-to-know-when-you-need-it
https://autojosh.com/tell-time-tire-alignment-need-get-tires-aligned/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On May 30, 2017
Whenever you have a massive shift in steering angle when driving straight, DO NOT GO FOR ALLIGNMENT. Start by checking front suspension parts.

Failure of Lower control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rods will cause a shift in alignment of vehicle

Need proper alignment? Take vehicle to tolu 08038112614 Jovids CMD road magodo lagos

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by TSAT: 8:17am On May 30, 2017
Pls,
Does the 2007 Avalon have provision for alignment at the back? My rear tires seem to have a wear patten on the inside on both rear tires
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2017
TSAT:
Pls,
Does the 2007 Avalon have provision for alignment at the back? My rear tires seem to have a wear patten on the inside on both rear tires

Rear

The rear suspension uses a strut with one trailing link and two lateral links. The bushings are the main area of wear, and worn bushings will change the camber and toe, which will produce uneven tire wear. Camber can be adjusted with aftermarket cam bolts. Even negative camber on both sides exceeding 2º can indicate worn springs.

Rear toe adjustments should be performed using both lateral links on each side. Toyota set a specification that says the links should be within 1.5 mm of each other. The toe angles on both sides should be close to equal. Unequal angles may cause unwanted bump steer from the rear wheels. One turn of each adjusting tube will alter toe-in by approximately 1.2°, 10.8 mm (0.425”).

Read more here http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/toyota-avalon-alignment-spec-2005-11/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by thebigkendo(m): 12:02pm On May 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Whenever you have a massive shift in steering angle when driving straight, DO NOT GO FOR ALLIGNMENT. Start by checking front suspension parts.

Failure of Lower control arm bushings, ball joints, tie rods will cause a shift in alignment of vehicle

Where i did my alignment last year, had to pay nonrefundable 1500 for them to check the suspension components, if car passes then they do the alignment else no alignment. I was like i only wanted alignment, them no gree oh.. Said the alignment will not be correct if shocks or any suspension component was bad
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Dottore: 7:18am On May 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Nobody: 7:18am On May 31, 2017
Car wahala. good stuff tho.
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Abudu2000(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2017
What of bicycle alignment??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Nobody: 7:20am On May 31, 2017
Okay
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by supremegists: 7:21am On May 31, 2017
Cars and their wahala. Even after doing the alignment you will still have other issues later. That is just the fact. How to apply for stanbic IBTC bank recruitment 2017 http://www.supremegists.ml/2017/05/how-to-apply-for-stanbic-bank.html
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by jeeqaa7(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2017
Wat if car reverses on its own
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by miketayo(m): 7:26am On May 31, 2017
Op first of all its spelt tyre..nice post
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by AdeniyiA(m): 7:29am On May 31, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Then the driver needs 7days fasting and prayer against monitoring village spiritual entities ... lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Exponental(m): 7:32am On May 31, 2017
Nice one. Educative!
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by dustmalik: 7:39am On May 31, 2017
miketayo:
They are both correct, depending on the English you speak.

2 Likes

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by obafemee80(m): 7:44am On May 31, 2017
miketayo:
Thanks Prof...
The Americans spell it as Tire
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by MASTERCC: 8:17am On May 31, 2017
When ever I stop my car with ignition on, my exhaust moth pot will be vibrating .it will be cutting sound .seem little vibration .that's 04 camry
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by femi4: 8:23am On May 31, 2017
jeeqaa7:
Just remove the back tyres and it ll be alright

2 Likes

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by niggi4life(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

i did my alignment twice in two different places because the car was swerving to the right by itself.
The condition still persist and the second guy who did the alignment said he can't find a fault.
Please what might be the issue?

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2017
niggi4life:
i did my alignment twice in two different places because the car was swerving to the right by itself.
The condition still persist and the second guy who did the alignment said he can't find a fault.
Please what might be the issue?

He is not good at his job, or he is in a hurry.

Location?

If in lagos and need proper alignment? Take vehicle to tolu 08038112614 Jovids CMD road magodo lagos

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by asumo12: 8:47am On May 31, 2017
Ball joint and hub!

Naxo dem tell me say na alignment dey make my car swerve right after the alignment naxo ball joint remove... na road I sleep that night ooooo...

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by miqos02(m): 8:56am On May 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Need proper alignment? Take vehicle to tolu 08038112614 Jovids CMD road magodo lagos
you are right sir, done alignment several times but problem still not solved
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by femi4: 8:59am On May 31, 2017
asumo12:
Ball joint and hub!

Naxo dem tell me say na alignment dey make my car swerve right after the alignment naxo ball joint remove... na road I sleep that night ooooo...
Honda user detected
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by Realwvn(m): 9:09am On May 31, 2017
Lmaoo this one na gear o.
jeeqaa7:
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by IrradiatoR: 9:21am On May 31, 2017
MASTERCC:
When ever I stop my car with ignition on, my exhaust moth pot will be vibrating .it will be cutting sound .seem little vibration .that's 04 camry

@GAZZUZZ

pease respond to this, I'm also experiencing same with Matrix though, the car vibrates while on idle
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by praise1705(f): 10:32am On May 31, 2017
Abudu2000:
What of bicycle alignment??

simple

press *556#

1 Like

Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by asumo12: 12:01pm On May 31, 2017
femi4:
Honda user detected
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Signs Your Car Needs An Alignment And Benefits Of Tire Alignment by jaxxy(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2017
asumo12:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Vw/Audi shock or suspension don't need change for several years.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Petrol In Your Area? / Danfo Conductors: 4 Tips On How To Avoid Trouble With Them / Car Maintenance Tips: Benefits And What To Check

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.