Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Re: Thug Sent To Attack Politician In Gboko, Benue State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Thug Sent To Attack Politician In Gboko, Benue State. (541 Views)

Muric Decries Burning Of Six Fulanis In Gboko / Soldiers Storm Gboko, Benue State After Killing Of Fulani Men. Photos / Ortom Imposes Dusk Till Dawn Curfew In Gboko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Thug Sent To Attack Politician In Gboko, Benue State. by benuejosh: 8:20am On May 30, 2017
As against a topic i read this morning on nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3828446/thug-sent-attack-politician-gboko/1#57009973

i read this morning a media report how thugs were sent to attack a "Top Politician" in Gboko local government of Benue named Ukan Kurugh.
I would like to therefore correct certain fact as claimed by the so called media and it's report.

1. The incident which occurred and the picture taken, went viral for few days in Benue and this happened about a week ago in a yet to be known environment, which most definitely may not be in Benue state. As no one in Gboko has come out to say where and when Ukan Kurugh was beaten.

2. Contrary to what has been said here, there is a twist in the reporting which further makes it false. When the News came out first in Benue (cyber space), it was claimed that Ukan Kurugh was beaten by thugs with that picture used in the claiming that was Ukan Kurugh sitting on the floor, of which he's not.

3. Ukan Kurugh who they mentioned is NEVER a politician talk more of being a "Top Politician" as they claim but a Humanitarian worker, helping the less Privilege. If you read previously a story on Nairaland where a lady gave birth to triplets but wasn't able to go home due to huge medical bills incurred, the story was brought up by Ukan Kurugh.

4. As at the time of the report, Ukam Kurugh was in Makurdi the state capital where he resides with us and was never in Gboko as they claim.

5. For what ever reason, this story is repeating itself and who ever is spreading it and whatever he/she is trying to achieve out of it, i feel it will portray a bad image of this very young gentleman who has decided to help his community and society at large through his humanitarian services, as most persons will begin to relate his services as political and not from a pure heart.

6. As a humble appeal to the media, please always investigate your stories before publishing.

7. Benue people are loving, caring and peaceful people and above all, we are NOT wheel barrow pushers.

Thanks and God bless you all.

benuejosh

photos of Ukan Kurugh.

Re: Re: Thug Sent To Attack Politician In Gboko, Benue State. by benuejosh: 8:30am On May 30, 2017
lalasticlala and Mynd44 see more photos of him

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov Ajimobi Drives A Tractor As He Flags Off Road Projects In Ibadan / Buhari Administration Mid-term Factsheet (may 2017) / The Reality Of Biafra In My Eyes, By Lana Alofe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.