Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta (2449 Views)

Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / Aminu Tambuwal And Other Northern Governors Pose For A Shot At Sokoto Airport / Senator Kuta Remark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta

Written by By Andrew Oota, Abuja
Saturday, 16 January 2010 19:45

Senator Dahiru Kuta Awaisu, PDP, representing Niger East Senatorial District of Niger State has debunked media reports that he described northern governors as professional looters.

LEADERSHIP SUNDAY had quoted the federal lawmaker as having insinuated that the problem of un-employment in the north was due to the looting by the northern governors.

Senator Kuta, however, told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY that "what I meant was that," another panacea to the problem of unemployment is that northern governors must create jobs to check unemployment. It is because of lack of jobs that we have more professional looters here."

The federal lawmaker was quoted as follows, "another cause of the problem is our northern governors, so much that you have professional looters here than in the south."

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/headlines/10875-i-did-not-call-northern-governors-professional-looters--sen-kuta
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 17, 2010
Are they not thieves as well? Ask Yobe state governor that same question.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by ElRazur: 1:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
Xena15:

Are they not thieves as well? Ask Yobe state governor that same question.

Abi o. They are all professionals. In fact, all politicians are professionals [thieves] at looking after their own interest.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Abi o. They are all professionals. In fact, all politicians are professionals [thieves] at looking after their own interest.

The main reason behind so much poverty in the northern part of the country, is becos of the same corruption, as noticed in the south. Theirs is even worse, because they are all illiterates. No one challenges these thieves, unlike the southern part, where there is so much hostilities.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Oboma1(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2010
Xena15:

The main reason behind so much poverty in the northern part of the country, is becos of the same corruption, as noticed in the south. Theirs is even worse, because they are all illiterates. No one challenges these thieves, unlike the southern part, where there is so much hostilities.

Until they begin to carry guns against their leaders, and stop behaving like morons, poverty will remain.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Oboma1(m): 2:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
Xena15:

I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta

Senator Dahiru Kuta Awaisu, PDP, representing Niger East Senatorial District of Niger State has debunked media reports that he described northern governors as professional looters.

LEADERSHIP SUNDAY had quoted the federal lawmaker as having insinuated that the problem of un-employment in the north was due to the looting by the northern governors.

Senator Kuta, however, told LEADERSHIP SUNDAY that "what I meant was that," another panacea to the problem of unemployment is that northern governors must create jobs to check unemployment. It is because of lack of jobs that we have more professional looters here."

The federal lawmaker was quoted as follows, "another cause of the problem is our northern governors, so much that you have professional looters here than in the south."

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/index.php/news/headlines/10875-i-did-not-call-northern-governors-professional-looters--sen-kuta

Mr. Kuta, do not be afraid, stand your ground. Those guys are professional looters. Ask Yobe State governor, whether this statement does not speak directly to him.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2010
Oboma1:

Until they begin to carry guns against their leaders, and stop behaving like morons, poverty will remain.

This is another solution, but we need not create another problem while using same measure to solve another.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
Xena15:

Education remains one of the fastest measure of curbing violence in the north and corruption. If these guys are educated, they are bound to ask questions about where their monies are going to.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Enjoyment1(f): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2010
selingel:

Education remains one of the fastest measure of curbing violence in the north and corruption. If these guys are educated, they are bound to ask questions about where their monies are going to.

There is no point flogging a dead horse. Can the northern part of this country ever be educated? Their heads have crashed, due to Quranic education. It is share waste of time and money.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Otobroto(f): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
Enjoyment1:

There is no point flogging a dead horse. Can the northern part of this country ever be educated? Their heads have crashed, due to Quranic education. It is share waste of time and money.

Anyway people look at it, education will be a driving force to serious change in this nation.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by sjeezy8: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2010
Theres a difference between govenors in the north and south, though both are thieves. South govenors make money and take money, north govenors just take money. North govenors use religion to steal money meant for education and such.

If the federal government is giving Northern states money specifically for education why are the youngersters in the north attending quranic schools and learning arabic?

Our national language is english  . . . .
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Otobroto(f): 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
sjeezy8:

Theres a difference between govenors in the north and south, though both are thieves. South govenors make money and take money, north govenors just take money. North govenors use religion to steal money meant for education and such.

If the federal government is giving Northern states money specifically for education why are the youngersters in the north attending quranic schools and learning arabic?

Our national language is english  . . . .

Yes, the national language is English, but these Quranic schools are not helping matters.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by flashgeek: 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
Kill them all ,all the politricans in NIGERIA kill them all.One bullet to the head

REVOLUTION
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Otobroto(f): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2010
flashgeek:

Kill them all ,all the politricans in NIGERIA kill them all.One bullet to the head

REVOLUTION

Yes, either they all be slaughtered by GOD, all have all their heads formatted and reloaded!. grin grin grin
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by edoyad(m): 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2010
Finally someone has spoken out against the menace. It's a pity when one logs on to NL and reads comments people make without knowing the problem. Many of you will not believe the amount of poverty/illiteracy amongst the hausas till you see it yourself. The most painful one is the almajiri culture, where the hell was that thing gotten from ? The useless governors will not stop it and force children to go to school instead they're buying SUVs for their political aides and commissioners.
No human being should be cheated and deceived like the hausa man is being done to, religion is the worst tool of oppression ever created.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
Otobroto:

Yes, the national language is English, but these Quranic schools are not helping matters.
because u hate it abi.wateva ur judgment is it's urs.governor fashola u praise today went true it.pple frm where u belong ar nt more beta.ode.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by philip0906(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2010
Otobroto:

Yes, either they all be slaughtered by GOD, all have all their heads formatted and reloaded!. grin grin grin
ol boy ur username na die o. grin grin
Punkinmusty:

because u hate it abi.wateva your judgment is it's urs.governor fashola u praise today went true it.pple frm where u belong ar nt more beta.ode.
SHARAP. undecided
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Otobroto(f): 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Punkinmusty:

because u hate it abi.wateva your judgment is it's urs.governor fashola u praise today went true it.pple frm where u belong ar nt more beta.ode.

Point of correction, check the whole of Nairaland, and you will never see me praise Fashola, becos no Nigerian leader is worth any praise. I want to believe you were amongst those that praised Gbenga Daniel, while doing his first term, what has he achieved in the second? The same fate awaits Fashola, so why the praise?.

Let them scrap these Quranic Schools. They are not helping them in the north at all.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by edoyad(m): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Mix poverty, illiteracy and religious bigotry and what you get is what the hausa man is causing in jos. They migrate from their indigent states to cause trouble in other states, what a pity ?
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 4:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

Mix poverty, illiteracy and religious bigotry and what you get is what the hausa man is causing in jos. They migrate from their indigent states to cause trouble in other states, what a pity ?

It is really a pity. In fact, the case of Jos is the most annoying, and the root cause of the problem there is IBB. He wrongly created a local government there, which is now making the minority-foreigners to lay claim to another person's land.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by edoyad(m): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2010
And that their political class want them to remain poor illiterates, so they can use them to cause trouble at 50 Naira a head.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

And that their political class want them to remain poor illiterates, so they can use them to cause trouble at 50 Naira a head.

grin grin grin

and it is so painful that, these people do not have a say even over their own lives. If an Islamic leader instigates them to go out and foment trouble, they will run out like morons, not minding the fact that, they can be killed.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by edoyad(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2010
If Nigeria can find a solution to these people who have now become a pariah to our nation, the problem is 50% solved.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by ElRazur: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
selingel:

grin grin grin

and it is so painful that, these people do not have a say even over their own lives. If an Islamic leader instigates them to go out and foment trouble, they will run out like morons, not minding the fact that, they can be killed.

Why worry about insignificant thing as death, when there are virgins to sleep with in heaven? You know it makes perfect sense. wink
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Enjoyment1(f): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

If Nigeria can find a solution to these people who have now become a pariah to our nation, the problem is 50% solved.

Gbam!
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Enjoyment1(f): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

Why worry about insignificant thing as death, when there are virgins to sleep with in heaven? You know it makes perfect sense. wink

Let us even assume that we are the judges of our lives, why would a slowpoke go to the extreme just becos he feels there are virgins in Paradise for them. Sex, and the urge for sex, dies here on earth. Nothing like that again, anywhere else.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Enjoyment1(f): 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2010
selingel:

grin grin grin

Yes, their illiterates leaders too are not helping matters. What can one expect from someone that can barely write his name?. All his days are nothing, but reciting Quran.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Oboma1(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Let us even assume that we are the judges of our lives, why would a slowpoke go to the extreme just becos he feels there are virgins in Paradise for them. Sex, and the urge for sex, dies here on earth. Nothing like that again, anywhere else.

Which good religion will suggest one to commit crime, because there are virgins waiting for him/her? What kind of gods will suggest that his/her subjects arise and fight for him/her, and now call it Jihad? If the gods was what he/she claimed to be, he/she should have sort himself/herself. Why worship a gods that cannot fight for himself/herself.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
Oboma1:

Which good religion will suggest one to commit crime, because there are virgins waiting for him/her? What kind of gods will suggest that his/her subjects arise and fight for him/her, and now call it Jihad? If the gods was what he/she claimed to be, he/she should have sort himself/herself. Why worship a gods that cannot fight for himself/herself.

It has even gone beyond religion, but it is now embedded in our politicians to enrich themselves, once they have any political office. It is a blanket thing!.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Enjoyment1(f): 6:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
I have always said it that, corruption is now endemic in Nigeria. All we need do is, fight against it in every possible way, and never relent until it is flushed out.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by Otobroto(f): 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
selingel:

It has even gone beyond religion, but it is now embedded in our politicians to enrich themselves, once they have any political office. It is a blanket thing!.

I fear for the worst for Nigeria. The way corruption is now, it is peace-threatening!.
Re: I Did Not Call Northern Governors Professional Looters – Sen. Kuta by selingel: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
Otobroto:

I fear for the worst for Nigeria. The way corruption is now, it is peace-threatening!.

The so-called Arewa Forum needs to wake up and take the bull by the horn, by ensuring that their governors are made accountable to their subjects. This attitude of always contesting issues with the south, is not the problem of the nation. They (the north) are the problem of the nation. Look at what is happening in Jos; that is the situation of Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herbert Macaulay / Death Threat Forced Ibb To Annul June 12, Says Arisekola Alao / April 16th 2011 - Goodluck Jonathan's Date With Destiny!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.