Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Let Pray For The People Of Haiti - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Let Pray For The People Of Haiti (1495 Views)

Pray for Muslims Being Massacred In Burma By Buddhist Extremists. (Graphic Pics) / Let's Pray For Our Brothers And Sisters In Palestine. / What Religion Did The People Of Arabia Practise Before Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by surdic: 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
please pray for the people of HAITI , MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH give them the strength and fortitude to bear the loss (AMEN) , And if you have anything to donate contact the nearest UPS center , A little will go a long way,
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Lagosboy: 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2010
I feel the pain and the destruction in Haiti , in fact one can only pray to Allah to be strong in times like this as people become desperate and the injured become hopeless(even suicide) if the aid isnt forthcomming. May Allah in his infinite mercies guide their actions in this times.

whoever can help or donate online should please do, as this will be indeed an act of charity in the path of God.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by surdic: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2010
@Lagosboy, I pray almighty allah guide an protect you
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Lagosboy: 8:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Here is a link for anyone willing to donate to help the people of Haiti.

http://www.islamicrelief.com/Emergencies-And-Appeals/emBackground.aspx?emID=66

May Allah accept our efforts
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by isalegan2: 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
Very good sentiments. 

In case some don't know (just as I did not until recently), there is a tiny population of Muslims in Haiti.  I met several members of a Haitian Muslim group while they were visiting USA.  They're so small that even some Haitians are not aware there are Muslims in Haiti.  Some of their beliefs/worldview is a little different from what I'm used to, but the ones I met were very well-read, observe salah, go to hajj, etc.  This particular group are very proud of retaining their muslim heritage since slavery time. 

They tend to hold in very high esteem, a former slave named Mackandal or Makendel.  History says he was a revolutionary who tried to help other slaves fight for freedom, but was captured by the whites and burned alive to set an example for the others slaves.

Those Haitians who still call his name have mythologized him to the point they believe he broke the chains and escaped from the fires. 

Anyway, I mentioned just to let people know we are everywhere - African and Muslim.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by mamagee3(f): 11:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
The people of haiti are always in my prayers.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Lagosboy: 11:16pm On Jan 17, 2010
isale_gan2:

Very good sentiments.

In case some don't know (just as I did not until recently), there is a tiny population of Muslims in Haiti. I met several members of a Haitian Muslim group while they were visiting USA. They're so small that even some Haitians are not aware there are Muslims in Haiti. Some of their beliefs/worldview is a little different from what I'm used to, but the ones I met were very well-read, observe salah, go to hajj, etc. This particular group are very proud of retaining their muslim heritage since slavery time.

They tend to hold in very high esteem, a former slave named Mackandal or Makendel. History says he was a revolutionary who tried to help other slaves fight for freedom, but was captured by the whites and burned alive to set an example for the others slaves.

Those Haitians who still call his came have mythologized him to the point they believe he broke the chains and escaped from the fires.

Anyway, I mentioned just to let people know we are everywhere - African and Muslim.

Nice info and good insight as i was never aware of this as well.

N.B I like your signature grin , eko o ni baje o. . .
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ayusman16(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
Must you Muslims always make donations because there are Muslims in Haiti? Why not emulate the xtians folks who are selfless and assist irrespective of religious affiliations. Why are even Arabians not donating?
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by AbuZola3(m): 8:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
Don't be a coward, there is no country where there is no christian from Afghanistan to Gaza, so what is ur wisdom here
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Lagosboy: 8:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
ayusman16:

Must you Muslims always make donations because there are Muslims in Haiti? Why not emulate the xtians folks who are selfless and assist irrespective of religious affiliations. Why are even Arabians not donating?

No one has said anything close to your assumptions here, read the thread again and re read your post then assess your conscience if your assumptions here is right. Isale gan only gave an information we did not even know before the thread was created, neither did i know before i posted the link of an islamic charity on here giving aid to the Haitians.

Human beings are human beings regardless of race or creed, an act of charity is an act of charity regardless of the faith of the person, In islam we hav to be nice and treat all animals nicely, there is a hadith where a prostitute was granted jannah just because she gave water to a thirsty dog i think.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ayusman16(m): 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2010
Nice 2 know dat there cld be such muslims. Thanx
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by theseeker2: 11:16am On Jan 19, 2010
ayusman16:

Nice 2 know dat there cld be such muslims. Thanx

your post above broke my heart. Sincerly, what do you think of muslims. Do you see us as heathens or what? Pls dont judged the entirety if muslims by the actions of a few bad eggs. It is very unfair. The virtues of a true muslim is kindness and love towards others
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ayusman16(m): 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
Bros u won't blame me. I grew up in an area dominated by muslims, an area where i watched my families and friends member being butchered and burnt 2 death by muslims shouting allahu akbar. What dn u think my perception abt dis heartless religion followers shld be? a religion which preaches peace but practice violence. Except u want 2 tell me Hausa muslims ar superior.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Nanai: 1:19am On Jan 20, 2010
ayusman16:

Bros u won't blame me. I grew up in an area dominated by muslims, an area where i watched my families and friends member being butchered and burnt 2 death by muslims shouting allahu akbar. What dn u think my perception abt dis heartless religion followers shld be? a religion which preaches peace but practice violence. Except u want 2 tell me Hausa muslims ar superior.
Good.Blame the people not the religion. The religion is innocent of any act that goes contrary to its teachings. May Allah (SWT) guide us aright.Ameen.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ayusman16(m): 8:09am On Jan 20, 2010
They were obviously fighting 4 ALLAH. So, i blame them.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Nanai: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2010
How do you fight by disobeying? Doesn't make sense. Does it?
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ttruth(m): 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
ayusman16:

That is a very good question. All human being are one and the same. I cannot understand why muslims find it very difficult to love people who are not muslims. Even muslims don't love themselves. Anyway Muhammed have command them to hate the christians and the Jews.

Arabs will never donate because the people affected are blacks. Arabs hate blacks with perfect hatred. Arabs don't like themselves so why will they like another race.

The christians are selfless because they are commanded to love everyone as themselves.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ttruth(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2010
ayusman16:

Islam is not a religion of peace. The origin of the violence, killings, slaying, butchering comes from the Quran. Islam is a religion that was born out of violence, killings, slaying and deception. Hausa muslims or no hausa muslims are all the same ten and ten pence.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2010
lol Americans, Israelis and Europeans are the ones basically fending for the "palestinian" arabs. Where are the so-called arab brothers? Egypt is busy building an underground wall to fence them out, they cant get citizenship in Jordan, Syria or Lebanon even if they were born there . . . so much for this nonsense . . .

the_seeker:

your post above broke my heart. Sincerly, what do you think of muslims. Do you see us as heathens or what? Pls dont judged the entirety if muslims by the actions of a few bad eggs. It is very unfair. The virtues of a true muslim is kindness and love towards others

I would guess "true muslims" dont exist then.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by sweetpie23: 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
All those innocent lives and children. I don't have the words for it. I'll join the rest of you in prayer. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who is facing the disaster in Haiti, and everyone who faces disasters everyday.Lord please have mercy on us.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by jidobaba(m): 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
^^the 'Lord' has no mercy
if he did, this wouldnt have happened in the first place.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by sweetpie23: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2010
jidobaba:

ok next
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
jidobaba:

It seems some folks think God shld act exactly as they expect.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by jidobaba(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
shmeatpie, when you're grown up, you'll understand.

dave, you, are too far gone
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
jidobaba:

too "far gone" in what? This ridiculous idea that atheists are by default intelligent just makes me laugh.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by sweetpie23: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
jidobaba:

and when you grow a brain you will get sense
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ttruth(m): 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2010
Why are muslims not participating in the relief effort for the people of Haiti ?

It seems all Islamist are good at is violence, butchering and slaying at slight provocation embarassed
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by AbuZola3(m): 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
So u didn't see red crescent. What a rapscallion fella
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by GODSON2009(m): 2:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
while praying for haiti is a noble and praiseworthy action,i just pray and really hope the cancer of islamic fundamentalism does not invade that poor country.
it is obvious that they are looking to exploit the poverty in african countries to brainwash them into being suicide bombers that s why i am a littlke sceptical of muslims i see raising funds for haiti and stuffs
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ttruth(m): 2:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
Abu Zola:

So u didn't see red crescent. What a rapscallion fella

You are a complete i-d-i-o-t. The only country there is Turkey. Turkey is a secular country, Okay.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by ttruth(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2010
GODSON2009:

while praying for haiti is a noble and praiseworthy action,i just pray and really hope the cancer of islamic fundamentalism does not invade that poor country.
it is obvious that they are looking to exploit the poverty in african countries to brainwash them into being suicide bombers that s why i am a littlke sceptical of muslims i see raising funds for haiti and stuffs

It is even better they are not there because Islamist are terrible. They will exploit their poverty and brainwash them into being suicide bombers. Muhammedan Islam is a threat to word peace and development.
Re: Let Pray For The People Of Haiti by AbuZola3(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
What a slowpoke, so red crescent belong to turkey. I laf in english hahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Muslims Are Not Violent, They Love Peace. / To Become Plump / To Gain Weight. / Now That Ramadan Has Come And Gone,what Next?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.