Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (322673 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 2:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
mechbeejay:
We having very few success stories here on nairaland doesn't mean Shell haven't call so many people, I have heard of two successful candidates from friends (though i dont know them in person) for the few still in the race (without love letters smiley wink) I wish you all the very best. Just wish to hear many success stories here on nairaland as it is with other recruitments (PWC, KMPMG, EY etc)
Also while going through the thread i saw d response gotten from Shell by yintunji....@yintunji hope you later got response from shell.....
I wish everyone the best.... We will all have our dream jobs ooo
Have u seen any? Not what u have heard. "Seeing is believing." So, convince us with a snapshot. Anything apart from a snapshot, is fake.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Drnice:
Have u seen any? Not what u have heard. "Seeing is believing." So, convince us with a snapshot. Anything apart from a snapshot, is fake.
the snapshot you saw, did you believe. Your case is worst than Thomas in the bible. Obviously you are a fresh grad that has not much recruiting experience. If you check on previous shell threads. Only about one to 2 persons confirm offers and resumption on NL. Don't worry, you will be here thinking people will come tell you or shell will call you after an "auto" regret mail when some would have resumed. This recruitment is not that type that does assessment centre in a day. It is done almost every week till the recruitment ends. No one owes you any snap shot or proof. I know you are enthusiastic about the job and already your faith tell you you will make it... You will be living in total denial if you think Nairaland is the best place to get updates.

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Emmykool417: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2017
majekdom2:
the snapshot you saw, did you believe. Your case is worst than Thomas in the bible. Obviously you are a fresh grad that has not much recruiting experience. If you check on previous shell threads. Only about one to 2 persons confirm offers and resumption on NL. Don't worry, you will be here thinking people will come tell you or shell will call you after an "auto" regret mail when some would have resumed. This recruitment is not that type that does assessment centre in a day. It is done almost every week till the recruitment ends. No one owes you any snap shot or proof. I know you are enthusiastic about the job and already your faith tell you you will make it... You will be living in total denial if you think Nairaland is the best place to get updates.
True @ Majekdom2,however the real issue is those that got regrets don't know algorithm used to select successful candidates and this is the reason. Firstly from posts on this thread we noticed it wasn't based on certificate metrics or certificate origins.e.g where it was gotten from. Secondly the conjectures about "days of waiting" where summarily dismissed as a criteria for success. Thirdly self impressions about excellence on the online assessment where time and again rubbished. So now reaching the end of the line with various theses we are not closer to the truth on "Why".Of course we can't behave like petulant children blaming the system or referral on why we weren't invited and definitely those who got it won't come bantering about strategy used to qualify for the next stage. So we are left with choices, move on, move forward or stay still

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
Emmykool417:

True @ Majekdom2,[b]however the real issue is those that got regrets don't know algorithm used to select successful candidates [/b]and this is the reason. Firstly from posts on this thread we noticed it wasn't based on certificate metrics or certificate origins.e.g where it was gotten from. Secondly the conjectures about "days of waiting" where summarily dismissed as a criteria for success. Thirdly self impressions about excellence on the online assessment where time and again rubbished. So now reaching the end of the line with various theses we are not closer to the truth on "Why".Of course we can't behave like petulant children blaming the system or referral on why we weren't invited and definitely those who got it won't come bantering about strategy used to qualify for the next stage. So we are left with choices, move on, move forward or stay still
unfortunately, you cannot know and feedbacks were not provided. For the ones that will get a success mail, they must have said they closest matched their requirement. Only shell knows the combination of what is used. One thing I know is if you get regret going forward, it means your perhaps made it to the cut off and your application was reviewed but they are not impressed enough. Clearly, they look out for the CAR. You can be a first class student from top notch, that means you are capable to deliver you are smart. Then Achievements, what were you able to achieve that's extra ordinary. What problems have you solved outside your academic... some may rate 0 there. Then relationships, there are many nerds outthere, they are smart but find it hard relating with people. So you see, only shell knows what and how they look for it. One thing I found that will help is being able to interact with employees and possibly guys in the human resources, sometimes they can be able to give advices on how to go about the online stages. Shell no send your certificate or school, you have to match what they want,so take away that belief, tho some Nigerian universities usually have referrals.
When I was still qualified to apply, I contacted one HR guy that got in at entry level and shared his success on NL here. He told me clearly when I complained about not having an update yet, I should take my mind off it and move on. That's how it is for so that got in. He got invited for SRD 5 months after submission and resumed 1 months later. So, if you have been regretted, just move on. If you have not, move on too but remain hopeful.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by anonymousresolv: 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2017
GOOD EVENING PEOPLE OF GOD, I KNOW SOME HAVE GOTTEN THEIR SUCCESS MAILS, HIT MY EMAIL LET US RELATE/GIST. FOR THOSE YET TO GET FEEDBACK, BE HOPEFUL LIKE I SAID, THE SUCCESS MAIL IS JUST TO CONGRATULATE YOU FOR PASSING THE FIRST STAGE AND TELLING YOU ON THE STEPS FOR THE 2ND STAGE WHICH WILL BE COMMUNICATED AT A LATER DATE. FOR THOSE DOUBTING THOMAS, THE LORD IS YOUR MUSCLE!!! APPARENTLY, POSTING ANY EVIDENCE WILL BE CLASSIFIED AS AN EDITED PIECE, SO I WILL JUST HIDE BEHIND MY SYSTEM AND CLARIFY AND UPDATE AS I CAN. CHEERS AND GOODNIGHT.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 9:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
@majekdom2, now you are talking. From your last comment/quote, that is what I had expected you comment and not some blah blah blah theorem. That's the area I was directing to, for readers who understood me.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Virtuoso89: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nke27sept:

I stay in port Harcourt. Shell has started interviewing successful candidates. But i guess success mails are still ongoing.Shell office is beside mine and I enquired from the people I saw walking in.

Shell can do what they like but this recruitment in particular is already marred with malfeasance whether they agree or not.

Regardless of what the popular heads on here might say, Nairaland is a good sample space for many recruitment exercises and a well-publicized recruitment scheme by such a reputable company will not change that dynamics.

Even BAT that is significantly less popular still had a trove of people who posted decisions and the progress report of the recruitment. Shell that is most likely to have received 10 times the number of applicants is now begging for one genuine success mail report.

This just gives credence to the notion that the people getting those successful feedbacks know how they are getting it which explains why they are keeping mum.

The present I.e 2016/2017 batch of Imperial college Petroleum engineering MSc students all got regret mails. I mean every single one of them. What type of scheme will I use to filter applicants where 1 first-class student from a prestigious university like ICL would not get past my filter?

Look at the number of reject mails being doled out many for flimsy reasons like unavailability of the positions they applied for - the very same positions Shell themselves advertised for I must add.

Please, they should give me a break and a vacation.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Virtuoso89:

Shell can do what they like but this recruitment in particular is already marred with malfeasance whether they agree or not.

Regardless of what the popular heads on here might say, Nairaland is a good sample space for many recruitment exercises and a well-publicized recruitment scheme by such a reputable company will not change that dynamics.

Even BAT that is significantly less popular still had a trove of people who posted decisions and the progress report of the recruitment. Shell that is most likely to have received 10 times the number of applicants is now begging for one genuine success mail report.

This just gives credence to the notion that the people getting those successful feedbacks know how they are getting it which explains why they are keeping mum.

The present I.e 2016/2017 batch of Imperial college Petroleum engineering MSc students all got regret mails. I mean every single one of them. What type of scheme will I use to filter applicants where 1 first-class student from a prestigious university like ICL would not get past my filter?

Look at the number of reject mails being doled out many for flimsy reasons like unavailability of the positions they applied for - the very same positions Shell themselves advertised for I must add.

Your thoughts are valid. There is more to this process that a common applicant don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Yintunji: 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
Love letter finally served! I completed my stage 1 assessment on June 9. Love letter arrived today..That's about 32 days of keeping up hope!!Sincerely, it's quite painful..But life goes on men! Every setback is a setup for a comeback (Given that you make the most of it!)

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Virtuoso89:

Do you think that there is hope for those of us that haven't gotten a regret mail??
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Virtuoso89:

whilst you may have made valid points to someone without much experience in recruiting exercises, I will like to engage you so you'd see things differently and it may help you going forward. You may not have mentioned me but I believe a forum as this is here for us to learn, debate, criticise positively and share information. Now, you mentioned imperial college et all. Obviously, those guys got rejected by robots. I do have my aversions when it comes to online interviews especially videos. As much as it saves time and money for employers, truth is it screens out the best applicants most times. How would an employer feel if an applicant tells him to sit in front of a camera to answer his own questions and then judge answers based on what robot says. An applicant once got a job after one of such interviews and he had the opportunity with a C level executive, the executive asked him what he thought of the process. The guy was like mehn, he didn't find the video interview interesting. The executive told him clearly, his words were" I am not sure video interviews will be available if C level hires have to go through it". You should understand my point- There are things we don't have control over or life doesn't provide us answers to. I will give you another instance. During the NLNG GT first stage assessment, it was WAEC where you have two sections of mathematics and logic questions. Each sections has about 50 questions. Do you know many first class students that are Gurus in mathematics didn't scale through. These are guys I know are very sound upstairs. Gist was, the difference between scores in both sections should not be more than 5 points... higher or lower I think. Or average not more than 3 points. I can't remember which it was but many good guys were dropped. Point is, you as an applicant is usually oblivious of many things. It will not be fair to say the recruitment is not based on merit. I know a few individuals that have got into the industry on merits and many would do. In your own eyes, you are the best. That's a good thought but to think that every company would prefer you is a very wrong assumption.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
godsluvee:
Do you think that there is hope for those of us that haven't gotten a regret mail??
there is always hope till the regret mail comes but don't remain too hopeful if you have not had a face to face interview.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Virtuoso89: 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
majekdom2:
whilst you may have made valid points to someone without much experience in recruiting exercises, I will like to engage you so you'd see things differently and it may help you going forward. You may not have mentioned me but I believe a forum as this is here for us to learn, debate, criticise positively and share information. Now, you mentioned imperial college et all. Obviously, those guys got rejected by robots. I do have my aversions when it comes to online interviews especially videos. As much as it saves time and money for employers, truth is it screens out the best applicants most times. How would an employer feel if an applicant tells him to sit in front of a camera to answer his own questions and then judge answers based on what robot says. An applicant once got a job after one of such interviews and he had the opportunity with a C level executive, the executive asked him what he thought of the process. The guy was like mehn, he didn't find the video interview interesting. The executive told him clearly, his words were" I am not sure video interviews will be available if C level hires have to go through it". You should understand my point- There are things we don't have control over or life doesn't provide us answers to. I will give you another instance. During the NLNG GT first stage assessment, it was WAEC where you have two sections of mathematics and logic questions. Each sections has about 50 questions. Do you know many first class students that are Gurus in mathematics didn't scale through. These are guys I know are very sound upstairs. Gist was, the difference between scores in both sections should not be more than 5 points... higher or lower I think. Or average not more than 3 points. I can't remember which it was but many good guys were dropped. Point is, you as an applicant is usually oblivious of many things. It will not be fair to say the recruitment is not based on merit. I know a few individuals that have got into the industry on merits and many would do. In your own eyes, you are the best. That's a good thought but to think that every company would prefer you is a very wrong assumption.

Atleast in the NLNG process we still saw a number of people on here who got the success mails regardless of the criteria NLNG imposed in the WAEC-stage selection scheme. To add to that, we also saw people who were sound upstairs as well that made it. This can balance the scale when compared with the dilemma you described above for other sound people who did not make it.

Can we say the same about this particular Shell recruitment process? Is this the first Shell recruitment process on Nairaland? I have scoured through this platform even going as far as 2013 and the trend has been the same: We see a handful of people who get past each stage of the recruitment leading to landing the offer.

Even when recruitment processes are shrouded in secrecy we still get substantial feedback. This time around people are knowing someone who knows someone, talking to people they see going into Shell offices or posting stuff and then deleting them right before deactivating their accounts.

If alarm bells do not ring after seeing such, I wonder what in the world would cause them to ring.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
majekdom2:
there is always hope till the regret mail comes but don't remain too hopeful if you have not had a face to face interview.
OK thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Virtuoso89:

Atleast in the NLNG process we still saw a number of people on here who got the success mails regardless of the criteria NLNG imposed in the WAEC-stage selection scheme. To add to that, we also saw people who were sound upstairs as well that made it. This can balance the scale when compared with the dilemma you described above for other sound people who did not make it.

Can we say the same about this particular Shell recruitment process? Is this the first Shell recruitment process on Nairaland? I have scoured through this platform even going as far as 2013 and the trend has been the same: We see a handful of people who get past each stage of the recruitment leading to landing the offer.

Even when recruitment processes are shrouded in secrecy we still get substantial feedback. This time around people are knowing someone who knows someone, talking to people they see going into Shell offices or posting stuff and then deleting them right before deactivating their accounts.

If alarm bells do not ring after seeing such, I wonder what in the world would cause them to ring.
check through the NLNG thread again. About 30 peeps have their offers, only about 5 have come to confirm that. They created a what's app group where they discuss issues and barely posting on NL. I am not sure the thread you visited is shell's. Apart from 2013 thread where recruitment seems to be massive I am not sure many have come to say they have offers. Put in mind the oil price decline that has slowed recruiting. A young man came on here to say he was contacted for a second stage, even showed that screen shot. Many said he was lieing, insulted him. Dude may have deactivated his account because of PMs and insults. Thats Nigerians for you. You try to help them, what you get in turn is insults. How many sound guys do you know to conclude that the guys who will be offered aren't sound. Thing is whether you believe it's on merit or not, your thoughts and opinion even if true does not really affect their business. This is something I got to understand early when I was still job hunting. Coming to discredit will only kill positivity some may have.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Galaseller: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hello, this is to everyone still beating themselves over the progress of other folks.

I had my interview yesterday and it was an amazing experience. I am not obliged to post screen shot of my progress as I do not feel the need to.

Maybe when I get the final offer I will post it and some of you can get pained more.

God bless you all.

Ps I still remain your humble galaseller. It is just 50Naira so Hook up with me at any holdup/traffic closest to you.

9 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Virtuoso89: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
majekdom2:
check through the NLNG thread again. About 30 peeps have their offers, only about 5 have come to confirm that. They created a what's app group where they discuss issues and barely posting on NL. I am not sure the thread you visited is shell's. Apart from 2013 thread where recruitment seems to be massive I am not sure many have come to say they have offers. Put in mind the oil price decline that has slowed recruiting. A young man came on here to say he was contacted for a second stage, even showed that screen shot. Many said he was lieing, insulted him. Dude may have deactivated his account because of PMs and insults. Thats Nigerians for you. You try to help them, what you get in turn is insults. How many sound guys do you know to conclude that the guys who will be offered aren't sound. Thing is whether you believe it's on merit or not, your thoughts and opinion even if true does not really affect their business. This is something I got to understand early when I was still job hunting. Coming to discredit will only kill positivity some may have.

5 is substantial enough. Not 5 I-know-someone-who-knows-someone people but 5 actual people who got it themselves. There was a 2014/15 thread with Omaobe who did SRD. There was a 2016 thread that had Andytoc come to announce he was taken through the assessed internship route. On that thread, SRD participants (1 or 2 spoke). I don't really care if they announced the offers, just that we could follow progress reports to a meaningful end.

I was not privileged to see the screenshot of the guy who posted something that got 24likes before he deactivated his account so I am not here to gainsay his claims. My position is clear however - A good test of a genuine recruitment process will be in the preponderance of feedbacks reported by a large sample size in such a forum as nairaland (I would have to put a "full stop" here)

Anybody who gets it should flex especially the ones who are being recruited for positions Shell themselves did not advertise for. grin

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Virtuoso89:

5 is substantial enough. Not 5 I-know-someone-who-knows-someone people but 5 actual people who got it themselves. There was a 2014/15 thread with Omaobe who did SRD. There was a 2016 thread that had Andytoc come to announce he was taken through the assessed internship route. On that thread, SRD participants (1 or 2 spoke). I don't really care if they announced the offers, just that we could follow progress reports to a meaningful end.

I was not privileged to see the screenshot of the guy who posted something that got 24likes before he deactivated his account so I am not here to gainsay his claims. My position is clear however - A good test of a genuine recruitment process will be in the preponderance of feedbacks reported by a large sample size in such a forum as nairaland (I would have to put a "full stop" here)

Anybody who gets it should flex especially the ones who are being recruited for positions Shell themselves did not advertise for. grin
oh then, you should have asked. Yea, some guy got to the next stage and was open about how the invite came. Just like you mentioned one from each of the previous threads, it's fair to say we already have one person already.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 9:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Haven't u noticed that all job adverts on shell website were/are wiped/closed since July,7th? This is to tell u that the assessment is being carried out by shell global not the home offices. I still stand by this fact > none has gotten success mail as at this minute. If u like quote me 100 times with big grammar, I wont reply u.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Drnice:
Haven't u noticed that all job adverts on shell website were/are wiped/closed since July,7th? This is to tell u that the assessment is being carried out by shell global not the home offices. I still stand by this fact > none has gotten success mail as at this minute. If u like quote me 100 times with big grammar, I wont reply u.

I'm sure if you were Thomas, you'd have asked Jesus for the cross he was hung on before you believed he was the one.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by deepwater(f): 11:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jayloms: 4:45am On Jul 13, 2017
Drnice:

Na dis kain ppl dey mk visa hard to get smiley

Baba, Thomas go don dey vex for you o

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 7:09am On Jul 13, 2017
Lol! Funny.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2017
Many of you maybe thinking if I'm relying on Shell for a job, peeps like ..., ..., etc. Let me tell you that I've something doing & I applied for numerous jobs worth paying & career developing. When the time comes, let me not say anything for that. For folks calling me Thomas, I've seen you all(Peter de Simon(s)). One thing you should have in mind is "never judge a book by its cover." Oya, let me come & be going. Lekwa haa, ndi okachamara!
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2017
Drnice:
Oga! You have been regretted for over a month.
Unfollow these thread and move on with your life.

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mechbeejay: 10:19am On Jul 13, 2017
Drnice I really like your courage and optimism, but the truth is like it or not, guys are already resuming in shell....what I'm not sure of is if they have concluded with the recruitment or they are still calling for next stage because this particular process is expected to be faster than when they use SRD

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 11:54am On Jul 13, 2017
Drnice:
Many of you maybe thinking if I'm relying on Shell for a job, peeps like ..., ..., etc. Let me tell you that I've something doing & I applied for numerous jobs worth paying & career developing. When the time comes, let me not say anything for that. For folks calling me Thomas, I've seen you all(Peter de Simon(s)). One thing you should have in mind is "never judge a book by its cover." Oya, let me come & be going. Lekwa haa, ndi okachamara!

Nwoke, lekwa gi, onye isi ndi okachamara. (Bros, look at you, Head of oversabi people.) Know that application doesn't equal employment.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
Please, who also was shortlisted for DPR test? Got invite.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by henryisong: 2:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
Drnice:
Please, who also was shortlisted for DPR test? Got invite.
go to DPR thread

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Kieldgreat: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
henryisong:
go to DPR thread

HenryIsong of ChE 2010 FUTO?!@
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by L0rdRahl: 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
...and there goes the death of this threadsad.

...In loving memory of shell oyel money.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by deepwater(f): 7:27am On Jul 19, 2017
L0rdRahl:
...and there goes the death of this threadsad.

...In loving memory of shell oyel money.
Speak for yourself only.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.