Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Love Hiccups - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (864217 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 1:00am On Jun 10, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Sorry, I can't update more tonight.

I will make up for it during the weekend.

Happy Weekend to you all.
no need apologizing dear, thumbs up to u, waiting anxiously for d plan to unfold,......
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 5:06am On Jun 10, 2017
dammyd46:
Nice story kim.. just wish you could share more light on Nate kind of my guy.... @Hadampson feeling the Origin
Thanks my guycheesycheesy you are mouthed
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 5:10am On Jun 10, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Like Mama Marianneada has said... no need tew apologize. Take ur time dear, we are solidly behind u... abi no be so @queenitee, jane1234f, aminzy, akinwale14, dammyd46, samyfreshsmooth
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:08am On Jun 10, 2017
nice story kim.
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 8:18am On Jun 10, 2017
KimberlyWest:
no p ,same
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 8:20am On Jun 10, 2017
Hadampson:

Like Mama Marianneada has said... no need tew apologize. Take ur time dear, we are solidly behind u... abi no be so @queenitee, jane1234f, aminzy, akinwale14, dammyd46, samyfreshsmooth
na so jare my brother
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Hadampson:

Naso jare
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 8:49am On Jun 10, 2017
Hadampson:

Na so my broda,we will patiently wait
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2017
I have not been reading this, but I will start now
Re: Love Hiccups by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2017
Hadampson:

na so o boss

make i go buy pop corn for the weekend wey she wan use make up
Re: Love Hiccups by Babysuccess02(f): 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
Just hope kc wont do something he wil end up regretting later. Nice story kim.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Great story
Re: Love Hiccups by dammyd46(m): 6:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
queenitee:
Naso jare
Yes Boss no shaking we stand gidigba
Re: Love Hiccups by dammyd46(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
make i go buy pop corn for the weekend wey she wan use make up[/quote]
buy plenty o
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
**cont'd

K.C came out of the shower, drying his body and getting ready for work, another monday meant the beginning of another long week of getting up early and coming back late.

He picked up his phone and turned it on, he had switched off the phone the previous night due to the incessant calls from family and friends both home and abroad wishing him a happy married life in advance, it annoyingly turned out that the introduction had been aired live on a National television. He had been too angry inwardly to notice it, although he saw a few media crew and stations but he never knew everything, the whole process of the introduction was being aired live, he just hoped the eagle eyed journalist wouldn't notice his on and off happy mood.

His brow creased in a frown when the phone he had just switched on started to ring.

''Another pest!'' he exclaimed before pressing the answer button.

''Hello, big brother'' the younger twins chorused.

''Hello, pests, do you both realize what time it is''

''It's 2PM here'' one of the twin replied.

''here and there are two different things''

When they didn't reply, he knew better so he braced himself expecting the next big blow.

''congrates on your introduction big brother'' they chorused again and started to giggle which made him sigh in exasperation.

''Who told you both'' he asked.

''Dad'' they chorused again.

It seems that they had everything and all the answers already planned out.

''well, thanks'' he replied coldly.

''you don't sound too happy about this'' the older of the twin and the more caring one said, more of a statement than question.

''am happy, everyone has their own way of expressing their happiness'' he explained.

''If that is your own way of expressing excitement then i must commend your frivolity'' the younger twin and most annoying of the two retorted.

''if this is why you both called me this morning, please end the call, i have to get prepared for work.

''alright, take care'' the older one said and he heard her hiss.

''big brother, you better not disappoint dad, you were not forced to marry, i don't like this tone am hearing, don't let dad down, have a nice day at work if you wish, bye, I say it again, don't let dad down'' the younger twin ended the call without even waiting for any reply.

''you were not forced to marry'' he repeated that part of her statement to himself.

''Irony'' he muttered and began dressing up.

But then the last part of her statement kept coming to his mind at regular interval without any invitation.

''Don't let dad down...don't let dad down'' he found the statement irksome.

He will not let his dad down, all he will do is to get revenge, the revenge he craved for since he was seventeen.

His hand involuntarily went to the scar in his lower back.

Tears started to gather in his eyes when he remembered how he got that mark.

*Flashback*

''Dad''

''what!''

''dad, i would love to school here in Nigeria, I don't want to school abroad anymore'' young K.C said to his father who was busy ironing his shirt.

''No'' his dad replied after looking at him silently for awhile.

''Dad please'' he pleaded.

''You want to stay in this country and keep going about with those two friends of yours, so the three of you can keep chasing everything in skirts in this street'' his dad's statement hit him like a heavy blow. He didn't even have a girlfriend nor was he crushing on anyone, so why was his father saying all this to him, he felt bad that his dad didn't think he was decent.

''I took after you in that aspect dad, like father like son'' he said
the words out of anger but it was too late to take back the words, his dad was already staring at him murderously.

''what did you just say'' his dad asked with clenched teeths and his once fair cheeks now red and burning with anger.

''I said what i said'' he added and turned away with his back to his father.

That was all that happened before he felt a hot and burning sensation which sent a jolt of dismay round his whole body--his dad has just burned him with the hot iron he was using to press his shirt.

He gave out a loud scream at the top of his voice with all the strength he could gather which made his mum to come running to where he was, but the act wasn't the worse of it, his father's next step made him hate him to the extent to which he hates him today.

His dad only went into his room wore his shirt and carried his already packed suitcase and walked out without so much as the word 'sorry' while his mum with tears in her eyes and shaky hands began tending to the burn with an already whisked egg which the maid was holding.

He spent One week in the hospital, his dad neither called nor came to visit him.

He wiped the streak of tears from his face and busied himself with his phone reading the morning news.
He scrolled to the part marked politics and his determination to get revenge increased when he saw his father's smiling face right on his screen.

Tbc.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
marianneada:
no need apologizing dear, thumbs up to u, waiting anxiously for d plan to unfold,......

Thanks alot, i appreciate.

Am excited that you are still following the story.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hadampson:

Leader of my supporters crew!

Thanks, Imela, Na gode.

No worry, before we end this story, i will personally find a wife for you as a show of appreciation.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
chukwukahenry:
nice story kim.
Thanks alot dear.
Ands thanks for following the story.
Re: Love Hiccups by BlissfulJeff(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
beautiful update,weldone swithrt
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
beautiful update,weldone swithrt

Thanks dear.
Re: Love Hiccups by skubido(m): 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
following
Re: Love Hiccups by rachealfst(f): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Following with keen interest. I can't wait for kc and Nate to fall in love for real. Well done Kim, continue... we got your back.
Happy weekend everyone.
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 9:46pm On Jun 10, 2017
Daddy K.C that's wickedness oo. That same K.C is now an artist, lol
Re: Love Hiccups by KingWale99: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
queenitee:

It's actor not artist.. NO pun intended
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
Cont'd

Nate was restless while sitting in his car- a Ford jeep precisely, charcoal-grey and too neat for a guy that lived his kind of carefree life.

Stucked in the traffic with nothing else to do, he started to eat the snack he just bought from the confectionery, and occassionally he will honk the horn obviously contented with the thought of the look of irritation that might be on some of the road users face.

He chewed happily on the freshly made croissant he bought and started to hum happily.

Eating was another thing the three friends had in common. They all loved good food and whenever they see one their face and voice always shows how elated they are.

''Whoever said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach'' wasn't far from the truth, which is why K.C and Nate does not allow any woman who is not a blood relation to cook for them.

The traffic congestion soon cleared and the long queues started to move and before you know it the road was free again.

A car came closer to Nate's but on the other lane and he turned momentarily to look at the driver, the car soon sped off but not before he caught a glimpse of the driver.

''No, no, no, it can't be her...It can't be Bella'' he said repeatedly to himself trying in vain to convice himself that he has seen otherwise.

Only the blaring of a car behind him brought him back to his senses, he then realized that he was moving slowly and slowing the cars behind him.

He added speed and drove off hoping to catch up with the car and get a better glimpse of the driver but his effort proved futile.

He got to his office totally dejected.
Ignoring all the staffs greetings, he walked with his head down to his soundproofed office.

Soundproofed offices- another thing the three of them had in common again.

''Good morning sir'' his secretary, Miss Evelyn greeted.

He ignored her and walked into his office before closing his door with a loud thud.

Ever since the incident, he stayed far, far away from staffs especially the female staffs, not that he hates them but he had learned the hard way that employer and employees relationship just don't work, especially when the employee has eyes on your money.

''I will kill her, it better not be her'' he said clenching the edge of his office desk angrily.

''She ruined me, I will make her wish for death, if I ever get my hands on her'' he screamed but thanks to the soundproofed door none of his staffs will could him.

''I hate her, I hate all women because of her, they are all thesame, they are all after your money!'' he screamed as if to reassure himself that he was saying the right thing.

K.C was sitted in his office working on some paper work when his phone rang, he looked at the screen and hissed.

He ignored the call, after three rings he answered the call.

''Hello, am busy'' he said into the phone.

''Good morning brother'' his twin sister said quietly.

''Mary and Maryann called me this morning and now you are calling me, what are you three up to?'' he asked impatiently tapping his finger on his desk.

''Just checking on you and making sure you are okay''

''Don't you have your husband and three kids to take of and check on'' he mocked.

''don't be too nervous, that is how it is when you are about to get married, i also felt the same way you are feeling'' she said and he gave her a short derisive laugh.

''You know what? Stop enriching Mike Adenuga and let me face my work'' he replied sternly.

''am sorry, if I said anything wrong'' she said calmly with all the happiness and warmth he previously heard in her voice gone.

''okay, okay, am so sorry for snapping at you like that, It's just that...it's just the prospect of finally getting married that is taking it's toll on me, am sorry sister'' he apologized trying to sound genuine.

''I understand, how is work'' she asked a bit calmer.

They exchanged pleasantries and talked about the introduction that happened the previous, with his sister doing all the talking while he just listened and occassionally he will laugh, a laugh that didn't reach his heart.

He ended the call, and Immediately dialled Mirabel's number, atleast to make her feel wanted.

She picked up after the second time.

''Hello'' her voice was more of a grunt than an actual word.

''Hello Baby''

''Erm, erm, K...K...Can i call you back later?'' she asked.

He sharp ears detected a male's voice in the background talking precisely asking her who she is talking to.

''I will be busy then'' he replied, if his suspicion of her being with another guy is correct, which he is ninety percent sure it is, then he will make the situation very uncomfortable for her.

''So, baby have you started getting ready for the wedding, you know my dad wants it to be done soon'' he said in an excited tone.

''I will call you back later'' she said and abruptly ended the call.

He started to laugh.

''Two can play this game at a time'' he muttered after laughing satisfactorily and went back to his work.

Tbc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
skubido:
following

Thanks dear.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
rachealfst:
Following with keen interest. I can't wait for kc and Nate to fall in love for real. Well done Kim, continue... we got your back.
Happy weekend everyone.

same here, I can't also wait for those two to finally fall in love, that is where the real story lies.

Happy Weekend to you also, although weekends don't usually last. Someone said they are made in China, that is why they don't last and i totally agree.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
KingWale99:

It's actor not artist.. NO pun intended
Bro, from my little knowledge, I know that K.C is an artiste.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2017
queenitee:

big wickedness, don't blame him sha. The truth is usually bitter.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 10, 2017
cheesy

Seg005, dammyd46, Dollipsejay, Roladiva, Vicoch, Fantisha, Mercyma, Mamindy, tjquib, Yewande1234, bossy512, Edogistar, yeendha, Chiscodedon, XCELsis, HelenBee, Kamelot77, Clemsworld, MhizDherbee. Toyin223, Comely Jummy, miqos02, Chukwukahenry and Taniaa, You are all invited, Update have dropped.

The regulars (you know yourselves) you don't need invitation, the house is yours. I have updated.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 11:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
na wa for mirable o,kim k weldon jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.