Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash (9711 Views)

4 Ways You Stand To Gain While Investing In Real Estate / Get Real Value For Your Money. 50% Off On Queen's Court Estate With C Of O, / 5 Reasons You Should Invest In Real Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Nobody: 6:07am On May 31, 2017
There are many myths that people have in their minds when it comes to property investment . One of such myths is that you need a lot of cash before you can become a property investor . This belief has robbed several people of the opportunity to enter into the real estate investment arena while waiting for a sudden financial windfall that will launch them into the real estate field. The sad truth is that the more they wait, the harder it seems and the more frustrated many become about the prospect . There is a better way . You can start with the cash that you have.

Cash is important for almost any transaction. However , it is the size and the quantity that most prospective investors do not get right. Knowledge of your options and what you can do with what you have are more important . In addition , you need to set aside all the money you possibly can in order to create a seed capital to work with . You can do this alone or in partnership with other people through mediums such as co-operatives . You can achieve this through mini-savings club that contributes and then distributes to members in turns. The idea is to save as much as you can or pool the funds together to create a fund that provides more options.

Many cooperative societies invest in the acquisition of land for their members and they sell this to members using instalment payment plan. The idea is to make land acquisition easier for members. If you are working in an organisation that has a co-operative society already , you should consider joining . Explore any real estate investment opportunity that they may have. Cooperative societies also lend money at very low -interest rates. You can leverage this to get money that you can invest in real estate . You can then proceed to pay back the interest in instalment .

Furthermore , there are private property developers who make provision for buying off plan or in instalment. Buying off plan is one of the means of acquiring a property without having to fully pay for it because it is in the developmental stage. There is also the option of buying land in instalment. The overall cost of buying a parcel of land using this
model may be higher but it is relatively easier for many to bear because it does not place an immediate burden on the purchaser to pay in full.

Another interesting option for you to consider is to invest with family and friends . While this carries an inherent risk , it also has a lot of possibilities . This reminds me of an incident a retiree shared with me several years ago . A group of four families decided to jointly invest in real estate , picking an area where they could not afford individually . One of them was an architect who came up with a concept of four terrace houses. They broke the project into manageable phases with reasonable financial commitments .Within a few years , they had completed the project . Those who sold theirs made a significant profit and at least one decided to lease out the property and earn an annual income .

Another important consideration for prospective real estate investors is to carefully select a location that is within their financial capacity but has all the indices of a growth area. One of the reasons for value is scarcity . When you consider the price of real estate in the city centres with the amount in several suburbs within a radius of five to 10 kilometres, you may be surprised that there are major differences . If you also consider the demographic projections in those areas , you may be surprised about the positive growth in a few years to come . Keeping this fact in mind should encourage you to look beyond areas that are over your budget and consider other upcoming neighbourhoods .

Many prospective real estate investors have missed very good opportunities because they were fixated on areas beyond their means. You can start small and then grow big which is better than not starting at all . Many areas that have appreciated in the past 10 years were not areas of choice then . You too can research and discover the possible growth areas that are still reasonably priced and within your budget . You can also explore financing methods that allow you to leverage your cash at hand to borrow . Using leverage to acquire an asset is a wise choice. It is a way of increasing the possibilities you can explore using the little cash that you have at present.

Source:
www.punchng.com/investing-in-real-estate-with-little-cash/

www.naijapropertiesonline.com

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Destined2win: 6:29am On May 31, 2017
I love real estate. Please I need cash to develop choice properties.
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Arian11(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2017
excellent piece ....real estate is one of the many assets that appreciate with time.

underdeveloped areas 30 years ago are some of the most exotic and most expensive areas today
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by smartty68(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice but mehhhhhh
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by paulchineduN(m): 7:25am On Jun 02, 2017
Can I do that with 100k in this Buharinomic economy
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Fadman4real(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
sad

1 Like

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by soleexx(m): 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Awesome.... tell me more
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by nmreports: 7:26am On Jun 02, 2017
Real estate is the new oil.

3 Likes

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by nony43(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2017
In Real Estate, I don't really like the idea of building and renting, they will spoil the building for me, I prefer selling or buying of a property
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2017
Ohhj
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by danemenike: 7:28am On Jun 02, 2017
paulchineduN:
Can I do that with 100k in this Buharinomic economy

Yes you can. Pm me I'll tell what you need to know.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by opalu: 7:29am On Jun 02, 2017
There are two approaches to real estate investment:-
1. Is to seek for cheap properties in outskirts then start hoping and praying for there to be a boom several years later. The Mowe-Ibafo, Ibeju-lekki, Agbara etc are in this category.

2. The 2nd way is to seek for high-value property investment that would give you very fast Return Of Investment (RofI) and high Return On Investment (RonI).
High-value most times are premium locations that are offered far lower than premium prices.

A practical example is this attached office complex that you invest N50m for. Those who rent offices right now know that N50m is their office rent for less than 5years. Now that is the amount that you are buying this 5-star Office space for in Lekki.
Then what it means is that you used the rent of 5 years to own a world class Office space in GOLDEN SCEPTRE!
Only 12 Units available. Location:- Lekki

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Kizyte(m): 7:29am On Jun 02, 2017
Nice
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by NevetsIbot(m): 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
nice
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
I love the real estate cos I made cool money from it as a consultant..
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2017
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by kizygist: 7:33am On Jun 02, 2017
In this Buhari regime, I don't think there is anything like little cash. See list of top best 100 univerisities in Nigeria 2017 according to latest ranking
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/list-top-100-best-universities-nigeria-2017-latest-ranking/
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by propertynigeria: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2017
This article is cool.

Real estate is the next gold mine after oil and gas.
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by HolyHero: 7:38am On Jun 02, 2017
I'm really interested in this real estate business... but I don't know how to go about it
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Bondesniger(m): 7:41am On Jun 02, 2017
real Setate my big dream projct
God see me through
PropertiesNaija:
There are many myths that people have in their minds when it comes to property investment . One of such myths is that you need a lot of cash before you can become a property investor . This belief has robbed several people of the opportunity to enter into the real estate investment arena while waiting for a sudden financial windfall that will launch them into the real estate field. The sad truth is that the more they wait, the harder it seems and the more frustrated many become about the prospect . There is a better way . You can start with the cash that you have.

Cash is important for almost any transaction. However , it is the size and the quantity that most prospective investors do not get right. Knowledge of your options and what you can do with what you have are more important . In addition , you need to set aside all the money you possibly can in order to create a seed capital to work with . You can do this alone or in partnership with other people through mediums such as co-operatives . You can achieve this through mini-savings club that contributes and then distributes to members in turns. The idea is to save as much as you can or pool the funds together to create a fund that provides more options.

Many cooperative societies invest in the acquisition of land for their members and they sell this to members using instalment payment plan. The idea is to make land acquisition easier for members. If you are working in an organisation that has a co-operative society already , you should consider joining . Explore any real estate investment opportunity that they may have. Cooperative societies also lend money at very low -interest rates. You can leverage this to get money that you can invest in real estate . You can then proceed to pay back the interest in instalment .

Furthermore , there are private property developers who make provision for buying off plan or in instalment. Buying off plan is one of the means of acquiring a property without having to fully pay for it because it is in the developmental stage. There is also the option of buying land in instalment. The overall cost of buying a parcel of land using this
model may be higher but it is relatively easier for many to bear because it does not place an immediate burden on the purchaser to pay in full.

Another interesting option for you to consider is to invest with family and friends . While this carries an inherent risk , it also has a lot of possibilities . This reminds me of an incident a retiree shared with me several years ago . A group of four families decided to jointly invest in real estate , picking an area where they could not afford individually . One of them was an architect who came up with a concept of four terrace houses. They broke the project into manageable phases with reasonable financial commitments .Within a few years , they had completed the project . Those who sold theirs made a significant profit and at least one decided to lease out the property and earn an annual income .

Another important consideration for prospective real estate investors is to carefully select a location that is within their financial capacity but has all the indices of a growth area. One of the reasons for value is scarcity . When you consider the price of real estate in the city centres with the amount in several suburbs within a radius of five to 10 kilometres, you may be surprised that there are major differences . If you also consider the demographic projections in those areas , you may be surprised about the positive growth in a few years to come . Keeping this fact in mind should encourage you to look beyond areas that are over your budget and consider other upcoming neighbourhoods .

Many prospective real estate investors have missed very good opportunities because they were fixated on areas beyond their means. You can start small and then grow big which is better than not starting at all . Many areas that have appreciated in the past 10 years were not areas of choice then . You too can research and discover the possible growth areas that are still reasonably priced and within your budget . You can also explore financing methods that allow you to leverage your cash at hand to borrow . Using leverage to acquire an asset is a wise choice. It is a way of increasing the possibilities you can explore using the little cash that you have at present.

Source:
www.punchng.com/investing-in-real-estate-with-little-cash/

www.naijapropertiesonline.com
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Bondesniger(m): 7:44am On Jun 02, 2017
danemenike:

Yes you can. Pm me I'll tell what you need to know.
pls my email is bondesniger@gmail.com

1 have some cash now how do i go about it?
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2017
ROXBURY HOMES BRINGS TO YOU THE BEST OF
LUXURIOUS LIVING WITHIN AFFORDABILITY..

SEMI-DETACHED FOUR (4) BEDROOM and TWO (2)
BEDROOM DUPLEXES WITH BQ ARE UP FOR SALE.
COMES FULLY EQUIPPED WITH MODERN GADGETS, and
CARPORTS WITH AMPLE PARKING SPACE.

FACILITIES: One Year Membership of Dream World Fun
City, Swimming Pool, Event Centre, Gym Centre, Round
The Clock Security.

Lekki-Lagos.

TITLE: Governor's Consent

PRICE: #49M (Semi-detached 4 bedroom duplexes);
#35M (two bedroom fully equipped semi-detached
duplex) FLEXIBLE PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

Call/WhatsApp: 08075256644; 08169173378
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com/listings/2nd-toll-gate-
ochid-hotel-road-eleganza/

1 Share

Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by CioAngels(f): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2017
What would you say about the new estates at lekki free trade zone that are on sale already while they are still waiting for survey papers from survey general office
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by rectitude(m): 8:13am On Jun 02, 2017
Meanwhile, you can reach me on 08037126760 (WhatsApp number) if you happen to need any customary land in the FCT Abuja.
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Barbar2ndey: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2017
To get the best deals anywhere in Nigeria contact or whatsapp 08136773366....a consultant
Re: Investing In Real Estate With Little Cash by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2017
HolyHero:
I'm really interested in this real estate business... but I don't know how to go about it

Contact me...I am a real estate consultant

(1) (2) (Reply)

Talk To Our Sales Experts To Sell Your Properties 10X Faster Nationwide / Atima Consultant / Apartments Vs Houses: The Investment Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.