Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed (15903 Views)

Mohammed Atiku Abubakar Shares His Coronavirus Experience / Poor Widows Turned Millionaires Overnight By Okorocha With Huge Gestures / Rochas Okorocha Makes 305 Youth Millionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by sonsomegrigbo: 6:32am On May 31, 2017
Abuja – The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, on Tuesday said that the Federal Government through its agriculture empowerment programme had created new set of millionaires in farming.

The minister stated this when he featured on a special edition of Channels TV programme, “Sunrise Daily” on the mid-term report of President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

Mohammed said that many young farmers were empowered through the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Anchor Borrower Programme and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture’s Soil Map initiative.

He said that the programme, which recorded huge success in rice and grain productions, particularly in Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa, Ebonyi and Sokoto states, had made farming attractive to young people.

Mohammed said the initiative had also helped in boosting the local production of rice, increasing yields per hectares in grains production and reducing importation of rice.

He said that in 2015, the country imported 580,000 metric tonnes of rice, which had been brought down to 58,000 metric tonnes in 2016 with the successful implementation of the programme.

The minister noted that though the price of local rice was still higher than the imported one, but the situation would change when production increased.

He said the imported rice was being subsidised and dumped into the country but assured that the trend would change by next harvest.

The minister said that the government had also been able to bring down the cost of fertiliser from N9, 000 to N5, 000 following a bilateral agreement it signed with the Kingdom of Morocco.

Mohammed said that the country was gradually moving out of recession, particularly in the agriculture, manufacturing and solid minerals sectors.

He explained that it was made possible because of committed investments in infrastructure, ease of doing business and increased budgetary votes for capital projects.

“When we came in, we inherited about N1.7 trillion in debt owed to contractors; 202 roads were abandoned. In the entire 2015, only N18 billion was spent on roads and N5 billion spent on power.

“In 2016/2017 we released N1.2 trillion for capital projects only; we spent N260 billion on roads and N99 billion on power generation.

“We have constructed 320 kilometres of roads and fixed 460 kilometres of road: We have built 24 bridges and repaired about 21

“On rail lines, we have commenced the construction of the 150 km per hour standard gauge from Lagos to Ibadan and working on others across the country,” he said.

The minister reiterated that looking at what the government had done in areas of the economy, security and in fighting corruption it had fulfilled its electoral promises.

Mohammed said the situation would have been worse than it is now if Buhari was not in power, adding that he was proud to be a part of the administration.

He said in spite of recession brought about by defective economy run by past administration only on oil and the sharp drop in the price of crude, the administration has performed well.

“We are coming from a situation where we were earning over 100 dollar per barrel of oil and it was reduced to about 30 dollar per barrel

“It takes acute discipline and management of resources to be where we are today.

“In spite of recession, between October last year and today, we have been able to add additional 7 billion dollars to our federal reserves.

“We have also successfully added 87 million dollar to the Excess Crude Account and attract 500 million dollar to the Sovereign Wealth Fund,” he said.

On security, the minister said that the government defeated Boko Haram insurgency which had taken over almost half of the North-East region before the administration came into power.

He said government was taken pro-active measures to address the challenge of clash between the herdsmen and farmers and incidences of kidnapping.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/buhari-administration-creates-new-set-millionaires-lai-mohammed/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:34am On May 31, 2017
Believe this man at your own peril

Spokesman for zombies

If it was possible this man would've lied back ADAM and Eve to the garden of Eden

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:35am On May 31, 2017
And these are the new set of millionaires
1 Fulani herdsmen
2 Boko haram
3 His in-laws
4 his children
5 his grand children
6 his wife
7 BMC
deris God!!!!

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by madridguy(m): 6:35am On May 31, 2017
tongue
Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Olanrefront3355(m): 6:39am On May 31, 2017
LIE Muhammad, I hail o

Agba-awo toun paro JEUN grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by VanNistelrooy24: 6:39am On May 31, 2017
Person papa go just settle down for national TV dey deliver lies anyhow. God forbid bad thing.

No shame at all.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nenejeje(f): 6:39am On May 31, 2017
lots of millionaires maybe

but a whole lots of people became even poorer,
millions of nigerians lost their jobs, most families cannot even feed well.

Believe it or not there is serious hunger in the land

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by olujastro: 6:40am On May 31, 2017
igedeboy:
And these are the new set of millionaires
1 Fulani herdsmen
2 Boko haram
3 His in-laws
4 his children
5 his grand children
6 his wife
7 BMC
deris God!!!!
When people are making good money by keying into this govt's anchor borrowers scheme for rice and wheat farming, you were busy shouting "weather for two" during the rainy season and wasting away on nairaland with silly comments as if your silly nairaland likes can be converted to cash.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:41am On May 31, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by olujastro: 6:44am On May 31, 2017
Meanwhile, Jonathan created more billionaires than any other president in the history of Nigeria. Even far more billionaires than China has added in the last 20 years.
Dasuki - $2.1b
Diezani - $156m known, the rest yet unconvered.
Madam two teachers with no occupation - $21m
Fayose for #Ekitigate - N4b
Bafarawa as prayer warrior - N4b
Dokpesi, Metuh, Obanikoro, Bala Mohammed, Nenadi Usman, Anenih, etc.
So this govt has a lot of work to do to catch up.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Amberon: 6:45am On May 31, 2017
I don't blame theses people.
Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 6:48am On May 31, 2017
Put the millionaires into dollars and you understand Lai is talking nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by ApolitiCal: 6:48am On May 31, 2017
Buhari..... Man of the people

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by bishopkay: 6:56am On May 31, 2017
Lai you na person papa ooo. They used to tell us old people don't lie. But Lai just threw that notion under a marcopolo bus!

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nbote(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

When people are making good money by keying into this govt's anchor borrowers scheme for rice and wheat farming, you were busy shouting "weather for two" during the rainy season and wasting away on nairaland with silly comments as if your silly nairaland likes can be converted to cash.

Hope u are one of those who "keyed" into d scheme and made gud money as well because if not den u're no different from lie Muhammed and nothing but a non living thing since "people" did and yet u did not... Asslickers

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by psucc(m): 7:08am On May 31, 2017
Name soooo
Abba Kyari Lai Mohammed Mamman Daura Rotimi Amaechi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by chukslawrence(m): 7:09am On May 31, 2017
Yeah! He also turns millions of millionaire to thousandaire.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by samkay3g(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2017
this man no dey shame

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by olujastro: 7:11am On May 31, 2017
Nbote:

Hope u are one of those who "keyed" into d scheme and made gud money as well because if not den u're no different from lie Muhammed and nothing but a non living thing since "people" did and yet u did not... Asslickers
I don't need to key into or wait for any govt for me to succeed, I'm very comfortable. The last job I would take on earth is a govt job cos I regard them as lazy man's job where you cross legs all day and collect yeye salary by month end. Only the corrupt ones enjoy it.
I read and watch the news daily to know what's going on around the country. You didn't see LAKE rice right?
From experiences, I've noticed that only the hopeless ones always think every good thing in the news is a lie and that they're hopeless because they don't have any connection.
Work on your mindset, the future is bright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:15am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

When people are making good money by keying into this govt's borrowers scheme for rice and wheat farming, you were busy shouting "weather for two" during the rainy season and wasting away on nairaland with silly comments as if your silly nairaland likes can be converted to cash.

Here they come BMC doing what they are paid for
hope you are also a millionaire
bottom line is that zombie will ever remain zombie.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:20am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

I don't need to key into or wait for any govt for me to succeed, I'm very comfortable. This last job I would take on earth is a govt job cos I regard them as lazy man's job where you cross legs all they and collect yeye salary by month end. Only the corrupt ones enjoy it.
I read and watch the news daily to know what's going on around the country.
you just talked about keying into this govt and you are also saying you don't take govt job but keying into is indirectly taking govt job.
You can lie o.
you know what? your job is to attack people on social media and that is what you are paid for.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by olujastro: 7:20am On May 31, 2017
igedeboy:

Here they come BMC doing what they are paid for
hope you are also a millionaire
bottom line is that zombie will ever remain zombie.
What's BMC?
I actually do not know my net worth. I'll have to sit down and properly calculate my net worth across all my investments in and outside Nigeria including my most recent ones.
I might just be responding to a teenager who should be greeting me "Good morning Sir" out there.
Hope you passed your jamb?
Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Aromas: 7:22am On May 31, 2017
samkay3g:
this man no dey shame
4 what, When does it turn to a crime in displaying your talent?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nbote(m): 7:25am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

I don't need to key into or wait for any govt for me to succeed, I'm very comfortable. This last job I would take on earth is a govt job cos I regard them as lazy man's job where you cross legs all day and collect yeye salary by month end. Only the corrupt ones enjoy it.
I read and watch the news daily to know what's going on around the country. You didn't see LAKE rice right?
From experiences, I've noticed that only the hopeless ones always think every good thing in the news is a lie and that they're hopeless because they don't have any connection.

Now take ur tym and read ur initial post then read dis other post of urs and see if u have made any sense... Oh except farming is now a govt job and suddenly a lazy man's job. Funny thing u mentioned how comfortable u are, Trust me everyone is comfortable, especially behind a social media moniker..

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:26am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

I don't need to key into or wait for any govt for me to succeed, I'm very comfortable. The last job I would take on earth is a govt job cos I regard them as lazy man's job where you cross legs all day and collect yeye salary by month end. Only the corrupt ones enjoy it.
olujastro:

Only you confusing yourself with your baseless comments.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:27am On May 31, 2017
Nbote:

Now take ur tym and read ur initial post then read dis other post of urs and see if u have made any sense... Oh except farming is now a govt job and suddenly a lazy man's job. Funny thing u mentioned how comfortable u are, Trust me everyone is comfortable, especially behind a social media moniker..

Don't mind that lazy guy.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by olujastro: 7:29am On May 31, 2017
igedeboy:

Only you confusing yourself with your baseless comments.
I usually don't respond to people here. You have gotten enough of my attention.
Bye

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Kondomatic(m): 7:30am On May 31, 2017
Lai is right on this one.

People who were billionaires in the past regime are now Millionaires.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:32am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

What's BMC?
I actually do not know my net worth. I'll have to sit down and properly calculate my net worth across all my investments in and outside Nigeria including my most recent ones.
I might just be responding to a teenager who should be greeting me "Good morning Sir" out there.
Hope you passed your jamb?
Duty calls am off your job is here on nl
and I can see you are doing it perfectly well. Keep it up your children will ask you to give account of what you did with your youthful days.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 7:51am On May 31, 2017
olujastro:

Oga shut up. Who asked you about government job? You are boasting about being a buhari millionaire but we all know you are a Recession Pauper

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by emmasege: 8:17am On May 31, 2017
It's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for "Liar' Muhammed to say the truth on any issue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Administration Creates New Set Of Millionaires – Lai Mohammed by Vicolan: 8:19am On May 31, 2017
Believe him at ur own risk / danger....
Bcz he has been paid to do so....
2019 is fast approaching though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Abati Wrote About Alamiyeseigha In 2005 / Buhari's Anti-corruption Panel Lambasts Presidency, Judiciary / Ekiti Election Result: Segun Oni Wins His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.