Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them (51518 Views)

I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me / Come Let Discus The Reason Guys Use Condom On Prostitute And Not On Girlfriends / My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Maxi112: 2:41pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

Really? Is religion all you people can think of? Well to address that issue, I don't dress the way I dress just because my religion forbids indecent dressing but because I respect my body.

Being modest is not equivalent to being religious but having self respect.
who are you to dictate choice of dressing to them?

you're obviously jealous of what you don't have, I'd keep reminding you that.

same way they don't interfere in your choice of dressing you should also learn to respect theirs.

I'm not trying to promote indecency, but the rational behind this thread is what I don't understand. haven't you had or seen where a modest dresser was being raped or harassed?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by lashorrt(f): 2:47pm On May 31, 2017
Lionessza:

grin Are you South African?

No. tongue
Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by arleck(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2017
lashorrt:

No. tongue
den definately you a nigerian, right? grin
Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Lionessza(f): 2:54pm On May 31, 2017
lashorrt:

No. tongue

Where did you learn what you wrote? cry
Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 2:55pm On May 31, 2017
Maxi112:
who are you to dictate choice of dressing to them?

you're obviously jealous of what you don't have, I'd keep reminding you that.

same way they don't interfere in your choice of dressing you should also learn to respect theirs.

I'm not trying to promote indecency, but the rational behind this thread is what I don't understand. haven't you had or seen where a modest dresser was being raped or harassed?

Hahaha, something I don't have? Lol, that's pretty funny. But hey, you can't judge what you've never seen right? On second thoughts, you are free to.

Sorry to say this but how can I respect people that don't respect their selves? And yes, people like that do judge people who dress decently calling them uncivilized. I'm surprised you don't know.

About your last statement, go back to my post and underline the word some women. I never said all those being harassed or disrespected are the cause.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 3:00pm On May 31, 2017
lefulefu:

biko is it ur body cheesy?
let we guys be the judge cheesy
no spoil market for us cheesy.wana keep on viewing dem ukwus cheesy.

Lol. Sorry for that but don't worry, I'm certain most won't heed to it share.

The funny things about you guys is that you compliment in their presence but abuse them behind their backs. I've witnessed lots of things like that cause I grew up with lots of guys around me. wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Peacefullove: 3:03pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:
This is some country mindset angry

No, you should not judge people by what they wear, that's shallow. Because a woman wears a short dress or skirt does not mean she is less of a woman or human being.

The fact that this is coming from another woman is just sad.

Try and understand Her (op) , that a woman wears short dress or skirt doesn't mean she is less human, her point is , What would be the mindset of a guy approaching such a girl ? probably the short dress expose some part of her body that draws the man's attention since men are moved by what they see , the OP now said can we blame the guy if he only use and dump such a girl since what attract him in the first place is that body she exposed with her short skirt

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by lashorrt(f): 3:04pm On May 31, 2017
Lionessza:

Learnt it from a song.

Where did you learn what you wrote? cry

Learnt it from a song. Popular song back in the old days embarassed

1 Like

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Peacefullove: 3:07pm On May 31, 2017
Nma27:
Are u for real? The way we dress? Anyway you are entitled to your opinion.

She said " Some " girls NOT all, But I need to be frank with you ... half unclad dresses many girls put on will only earn many of them the tag " use and dump" .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Lionessza(f): 3:09pm On May 31, 2017
lashorrt:

Learnt it from a song. Popular song back in the old days embarassed

grin Ok

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

Lol. Sorry for that but don't worry, I'm certain most won't heed to it share.

The funny things about you guys is that you compliment in their presence but abuse them behind their backs. I've witnessed lots of things like that cause I grew up with lots of guys around me. wink
lol i get ur point sha.i wouldn't support a lady dressing up like a street hooker with all her tits and tinzs showing.but hey i don't find anything wrong in a lady wearing jeans .so the way i view indecent dress might be different from the way u view itwink.having said dat i won't insult my babe if she prefers wearing dem bum shorts or dose sexy nighties at home wen wit me.in short i had encourage dat cos babes on wrapper 24/7 dey tire mecheesy.

1 Like

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Maxi112: 3:11pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

Hahaha, something I don't have? Lol, that's pretty funny. But hey, you can't judge what you've never seen right? On second thoughts, you are free to.

Sorry to say this but how can I respect people that don't respect their selves? And yes, people like that do judge people who dress decently calling them uncivilized. I'm surprised you don't know.

About your last statement, go back to my post and underline the word some women. I never said all those being harassed or disrespected are the cause.
emboldened... I don't understand, so dressing as you want, feel, like amount to be disrespected by you? your opinion though.

they might be calling them names like you termed it, but what's the diff btw you and them with this thread?

if we have freedom of expression, association, worship. why can't we have freedom of dressing? don't make it look as if ladies are the cause of their misery, certainly not.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:
The way some women dress these days I don't really blame guys for disrespecting or treating them as cheap, after all, the way you dress is the way you'll be addressed.

They dress themselves in rags, walking around half naked all in the name of civilization yet they keep complaining guys disrespect and treat them like a hooker. How do you expect to get a responsible guy when you yourself don't dress responsibly?

Stop blaming and criticizing guys for thinking you are cheap if you are one of those who walk around in rags cause they are only following the signal you are sending out to them.

3 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 3:20pm On May 31, 2017
Maxi112:
emboldened... I don't understand, so dressing as you want, feel, like amount to be disrespected by you? your opinion though.

they might be calling them names like you termed it, but what's the diff btw you and them with this thread?

if we have freedom of expression, association, worship. why can't we have freedom of dressing? don't make it look as if ladies are the cause of their misery, certainly not.

There should be freedom of dressing as long as the mode of dressing is decent. We can't respect and encourage indecency for many reasons because it ends up spreading and corrupting the youth.

The difference between me and them is that I'm being judged for dressing decently which is absurd and they are being judged because they dress indecently which if you're being honest isn't right.

Everyone is free to choose but no one is free from the consequences of their choices.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 3:23pm On May 31, 2017
lefulefu:
lol i get ur point sha.i wouldn't support a lady dressing up like a street hooker with all her tits and tinzs showing.but hey i don't find anything wrong in a lady wearing jeans .so the way i view indecent dress might be different from the way u view itwink.having said dat i won't insult my babe if she prefers wearing dem bum shorts or dose sexy nighties at home wen wit me.in short i had encourage dat cos babes on wrapper 24/7 dey tire mecheesy.

Lol, of course she's free to were anything she likes at home.

I'm not talking about ladies wearing jeans but those wearing rags and walking around half naked.

1 Like

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Oyindidi(f): 3:26pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:
This is some country mindset angry

No, you should not judge people by what they wear, that's shallow. Because a woman wears a short dress or skirt does not mean she is less of a woman or human being.

The fact that this is coming from another woman is just sad.
Don't mind the girl. Very disrespectful

6 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by DaveHert(m): 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
I was just reading comments but from the few who've commented so far one could clearly tell of how "Shallow" some of you are on this forum according to Dimple. So because a girl chose to wear a mini shirt or cleavage baring outfit it then means she should be used and dumped or she's showing herself as a sex object?. Let me tell you...it's not about the dressing but the personality of who's on the dress that either keeps or chases away a man. A girl can be well covered but nothing to write home about while another can be ill dressed but knows her onion. Take Mercy Johnson for example, when she was single one could assume she's a whöre if we go by how she dresses, but she's the one other actresses are looking up to. Omotola was at some point on indecent dress, if you've seen her music video you could tell, she does twerk on live TV but one can't just wake up to conclude a lady who twerks is a hoe or should be used and dumped.

Actually, most of those who claim to be decent on social media are the real whòres. All that decency preaching is to get attracted to some so called decent guys who would use and dump them. I hope you're a virgin too?, @op.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Maxi112: 3:36pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

There should be freedom of dressing as long as the mode of dressing is decent. We can't respect and encourage indecency for many reasons because it ends up spreading and corrupting the youth.

The difference between me and them is that I'm being judged for dressing decently which is absurd and they are being judged because they dress indecently which if you're being honest isn't right.

Everyone is free to choose but no one is free from the consequences of their choices.
which youth? our finished youth grin

the difference between you and them is "religion" I don't understand what you meant by indecent dressing.... do you expect a lady to swim on gown or club /party with blouses? if you're living a boring life, it's not their fault ni.

bolded... nobody will blow your trumpet for you, continue! grin

I don't judge people based on their dressing; nah!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Try and understand Her (op) , that a woman wears short dress or skirt doesn't mean she is less human, her point is , What would be the mindset of a guy approaching such a girl ? probably the short dress expose some part of her body that draws the man's attention since men are moved by what they see , the OP now said can we blame the guy if he only use and dump such a girl since what attract him in the first place is that body she exposed with her short skirt

Yes. We blame the guy for using and dumping a human being! Wtf! So we should protect someone who has hurt another and blame the victim? Why can't men in 9ja be civilised enough to get past a short skirt?

Also, am I to believe that girl's who don't wear short skirts are not dumped?

Like I said COUNTRY MENTALITY. This is where the rape culture comes from. Blame the victim and protect the perpetrators. It's your way so I can't blame ya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 31, 2017
Oyindidi:
Don't mind the girl. Very disrespectful

Ignorant self hating slowpoke is what she is!

3 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

Call it what you want, its your own opinion. Yes, I am indeed a woman so that's why I don't understand why some of my fellow sex would love exposing something that should be preserved and respected.

Sure it doesn't mean she's less human but seriously, is she actually showing her body the respect it deserves?

Her body is none of your damn business! You can not say that she deserves to be hurt and cheated because she dressed differently. Get off your high horse and STFU. Men are attacking us and you jump on board and condone women being mistreated because of what they wear. You self righteous bigot! You promote the rape culture. What you are saying is if women dont do as they are told or expected to do then they deserve to be mistreated. You think women who don't wear mini skirts and dresses don't get dumped and heartbroken? I won't reply you again because I can't reason with morons!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Peacefullove: 3:56pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:

Yes. We blame the guy for using and dumping a human being! Wtf! So we should protect someone who has hurt another and blame the victim? Why can't men in 9ja be civilised enough to get past a short skirt?

Also, am I to believe that girl's who don't wear short skirts are not dumped?

Like I said COUNTRY MENTALITY. This is where the rape culture comes from. Blame the victim and protect the perpetrators. It's your way so I can't blame ya

Next time be calm before you give replies, You went overboard . my last sentence says " , the OP now said can we blame the guy if he only use and dump such a girl since what attract him in the first place is that body she exposed with her short skirt "

its more of a question, which I expect you to state your views on . I never said I support men using and dumping women neither do I support ladies seducing men with their clothes . For every action, there is a corresponding consequence
... this explains why Using and dumping is often common in relation to ladies who always expose their flesh for predators .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 31, 2017
lefulefu:
Is that agege bread shocked
Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Next time be calm before you give replies, You went overboard . my last sentence says " , the OP now said can we blame the guy if he only use and dump such a girl since what attract him in the first place is that body she exposed with her short skirt "

its more of a question, which I expect you to state your views on . I never said I support men using and dumping women neither do I support ladies seducing men with their clothes . For every action, there is a corresponding consequence
... this explains why Using and dumping is often common in relation to ladies who always expose their flesh for predators .

If you don't agree with op then what's your point? Because I can read and understand the op I don't need you to explain it to me.... Next time quote with a purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:
LalaLushness.... abeg come chat to your home based cousin grin lipsrsealed I joke lipsrsealed
Lol who grin
U know I'm a spoilt child .. all I saw was blurred lines yanno . Marriage these days nah certificate grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Peacefullove: 4:01pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:

If you don't agree with op then what's your point? Because I can read and understand the op I don't need you to explain it to me.... Next time quote with a purpose.

the point is , Some women are the reasons guys disrespect them . Which is mostly related with the way they dress portraying themselves as sex objects

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 4:05pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:

Her body is none of your damn business! You can not say that she deserves to be hurt and cheated because she dressed differently. Get off your high horse and STFU. Men are attacking us and you jump on board and condone women being mistreated because of what they wear. You self righteous bigot! You promote the rape culture. What you are saying is if women dont do as they are told or expected to do then they deserve to be mistreated. You think women who don't wear mini skirts and dresses don't get dumped and hurt broken? I won't reply you again because I can't reason with morons!

I see I've hit a sore spot.

Who said anything about deserving? I said they are the reason not whether they deserve it or not.

The truth might be bitter but it remains the truth, call me what you like. I don't promote rape culture neither did I talk about rape. There are different ways to be disrespected and I wasn't referring to rape.

I am a woman and I'd never encourage or excuse rape. When you dress indecently and a guys picks you up asking you your price per day, what's that called? Disrespect right? Did he actually meant it as disrespect or was it responding to the message he thought you were sending by going around half naked.

Are you actually excusing indecent dressing by calling it civilization?

People believe only prostitutes and people without shame or self respect walk around half naked and are proud of it and the truth is they have a point.

Peacefullove:

the point is , Some women are the reasons guys disrespect them . Which is mostly related with the way they dress portraying themselves as sex objects

Thank you very much, you get my point which shows you aren't being sentimental.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 31, 2017
Angel196:

I see I've hit a sore spot.

Who said anything about deserving? I said they are the reason not whether they deserve it or not.

The truth might be bitter but it remains the truth, call me what you like. I don't promote rape culture neither did I talk about rape. There are different ways to be disrespected and I wasn't referring to rape.

I am a woman and I'd never encourage or excuse rape. When you dress indecently and a guys picks you up asking you your price per day, what's that called? Disrespect right? Did he actually meant it as disrespect or was it responding to the message he thought you were sending by going around half naked.

People believe only prostitutes and people without shame or self respect walk around half naked and are proud of it and the truth is they have a point.

Come out your village every now and again and expose yourself to the world. I am sorry you live in a society that thinks so low of women. Men and women wear shorts, swimwear, short dresses etc and nobody judges them. You do not become a prostitute by what you wear rather what you do. If a man approaches a woman wearing short clothes and he propositions her then he is the dirty fvcker and he should be taken off the streets. I won't entertain your ignorance anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 31, 2017
Peacefullove:

Lol. No one is to blame for another person's fvck up. We should not disrespect people full stop.
Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 31, 2017
LalaLushness:

Lol who grin
U know I'm a spoilt child .. all I saw was blurred lines yanno . Marriage these days nah certificate grin

Lol! What marriage? Girl I want you to chat pidgin to the op and reset her brain grin

She says if we wear shorts in August we are prostitutes cry

4 Likes

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Angel196(f): 4:31pm On May 31, 2017
Dimples182:

Come out your village every now and again and expose yourself to the world. I am sorry you live in a society that thinks so low of women. Men and women wear shorts, swimwear, short dresses etc and nobody judges them. You do not become a prostitute by what you wear rather what you do. If a man approaches a woman wearing short clothes and he propositions her then he is the dirty fvcker and he should be taken off the streets. I won't entertain your ignorance anymore.

You are being sentimental and biased, why judge the person who dressed in rags and looked unkept as a madman and not the sane person that had other means yet decided to dress like a madman? They way you dress is the way you'll be addressed so don't shift all the blame on the person who mistakes someone for being a hooker because she dressed the part.

What's even the reason behind them dressing that way? undecided

Are you actually excusing indecent dressing by calling it civilization?

I think they reason you are attacking me so much is because you don't see anything wrong with dressing indecently, if so, I definitely can't change your mind about it. But bottom line is, walking around in rags and half naked is not civilization, that is backwardness because that's how we started.

Peacefullove:

Thank you very much, you get my point which shows you aren't being sentimental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Women Are The Reason Guys Disrespect Them by Akjwyzepal(m): 4:33pm On May 31, 2017
Maxi112:
op go get a life... jealousy will do you no good. it's their life not yours.

mind your business please.

you can't buy expensive cloth is not their fault.

you can't dress like them isn't their fault.

your thread reeks of jealousy
ez like u're not mentally balanced upstairs! Why are u so addicted to negativity? Get a life soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Can I Know About His Sexual Status / Lady Advises Nigerian Ladies, Men To Have Indiscriminate Sex. Nigerian Blast Her / Is This Why He Doesn't Want To Propose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.