Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving (3389 Views)

FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / Driver Covers Himself With Umbrella While Driving An Open-roof Benz In The Rain / Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 4:35pm On May 31, 2017
Dear forumites, I seek your help to identify and solve a problem that has caused me so much heartache and loss of money.
I have a Nissan Murano 2005 . Last month, the car started a strange behaviour. Mind you I have maintaned the car as appropriate. While driving it just showed break on the dashboard and stopped.

I did all to start it but no way. After it cooled down it started though with another batter (mine has died). Since after that day, no matter the amount fuel in it, the car will always off on the road one (the ignition will still be on) . Once you off and on the car, it will not start again till i get to my destination but it will surely off again on coming back.

I have spent so much trying to solve this problem.

Help me please!

Thank you.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by honmusa(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2017
Typical nissan cam/crankshaft Sensor issue . The sensor loses it magnetism at a certain threshold when the engine get to certain temperature thereby cutting off ignition signal.
It is a sensor design flaw.
If you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316 for the fix

4 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by id4sho(m): 4:58pm On May 31, 2017
Check fuel pump
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by honmusa(m): 5:02pm On May 31, 2017
fuel pump ke?I am sure the op has changed fuel pump countless times.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 31, 2017
harryobi:
I have a Nissan Murano 2005 . Last month, the car started a strange behaviour. Mind you I have maintaned the car as appropriate. While driving it just showed break on the dashboard and stopped.

I did all to start it but no way. After it cooled down it started though with another batter (mine has died). Since after that day, no matter the amount fuel in it, the car will always off on the road one (the ignition will still be on) . Once you off and on the car, it will not start again till i get to my destination but it will surely off again on coming back.

What have you spent on? Did your SES light ever come on?
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 5:49pm On May 31, 2017
honmusa:
Typical nissan cam/crankshaft Sensor issue . The sensor loses it magnetism at a certain threshold when the engine get to certain temperature thereby cutting off ignition signal.
It is a sensor design flaw.
If you are in Lagos ,u can call autologic @08061166316 for the fix

Thanks so much for this. This is the last suggestion by my mechanic which I have not carried out. I delayed because of spending on buying two fuel pumps, complete fuel guage , the car even auto lock and I had to pay for it to be unlocked . I will now go ahead and do this unfortunately am not in Lagos. Thank you so much though.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 5:51pm On May 31, 2017
Costee:

What have you spent on? Did your SES light ever come on?

The answer is yes, please.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 5:52pm On May 31, 2017
honmusa:
fuel pump ke?I am sure the op has changed fuel pump countless times.

Already changed two fuel pumps.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by mayor2013: 7:16pm On May 31, 2017
Run a scan first. have not heard of can crank sensor flaw on murano.may be wrong though
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by boldx(m): 7:32pm On May 31, 2017
camshaft sensor loading....
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 31, 2017
harryobi:

The answer is yes, please.
What did you do about that?
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by timifakay(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2017
harryobi:
Dear forumites, I seek your help to identify and solve a problem that has caused me so much heartache and loss of money.

Help me please!

Thank you.

Providing a list of job done/ parts changed will help.
State your location, someone that can help scan and diagnose might be close to your location or do a Google search for mechanics in your state.
Run a scan, read up on the codes, possible causes and known solutions.
Gather the 3 fuel pumps you have at the moment for whoever has capability to scan your vehicle do a pressure test on each so as to install the best when vehicle problem is solved.
Please stop guessing and throwing parts at the car. Good luck.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by jodecibmw: 11:31am On Jun 01, 2017
@harryobi, if I were you I'll listen to @costee or @nissparts and contact them for the best possible advice or solution to your problem.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by oblo(m): 6:43am On Jun 02, 2017
harryobi:

Help me please!
My
Thank you.

Scan scan scan!!

I scanned mine and was able to pinpoint the issue.

Bro I drive an 04 murano AWD. You issue though frustrating is a simple one. Have your camshaft sensor changed.

It's an easy fix and if you are handy with a 10 spanner you are good to go.

I had exact same issue and in fact I saw my self in your complaints. I did a little research and finally bought the sensor at camp Enugu for 5k and fixed myself. No issues since then. So forget about changing any fuel pump. That's not the issue.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Thank you so much. I will do just that this coming week and will come back and tell you and other forumites who have been of great assistance.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 3:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
I thank everyone as that issue was solved with CAMSHAFT sensor change.

However just 2 days ago, i noticed that when i brake my steering and front tyres shake. I took it to a mechanic who claims that the gearbox oil was over gauged. He said he will drain the oil to the right level (he has done so), yet when test driving the car, it stalls and does not speed well, taking time to engage in gear. Any help? Thanks.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by boldx(m): 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
Your mechanic is really naive. Its very likely you are using very cheap metal based brake pads and as such you have spoil your brake discs/rotors.

Its either you change your brake disc if the surface is very bad and change brake pads too or you resurface it if you are on a very tight budget and change the brake pads.

Don't play with your gear/transmission oil again. That delay in gear engagement could be due to the gear oil removed. Please do not buy any nonsense gear oil as it will condemn your gear box (transmission) which is about N350,000.

Please change your mechanic as 'His mumu don do'. That mechanic will destroy your car cos that is basic car knowledge.

Better still, sell that car. And buy a car you can abuse and get away with it. Don't mess with a MURANO otherwise you will have BIG HOLES in your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by twinskenny(m): 8:21am On Aug 10, 2017
is this car good for day to day activities?
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by parrotibaba(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2017
Abeg how can one get a Nissan teana 2012 model fairly used and is the car good enough?
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by harryobi: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
I appreciate your taking the time to reply above. The delay in gear engagement was actually happening before the mechanic suggested to drain the oil.

Right now, another car electrician has said it is likely gearbox problem!

boldx:
Your mechanic is really naive. Its very likely you are using very cheap metal based brake pads and as such you have spoil your brake discs/rotors.

Its either you change your brake disc if the surface is very bad and change brake pads too or you resurface it if you are on a very tight budget and change the brake pads.

Don't play with your gear/transmission oil again. That delay in gear engagement could be due to the gear oil removed. Please do not buy any nonsense gear oil as it will condemn your gear box (transmission) which is about N350,000.

Please change your mechanic as 'His mumu don do'. That mechanic will destroy your car cos that is basic car knowledge.

Better still, sell that car. And buy a car you can abuse and get away with it. Don't mess with a MURANO otherwise you will have BIG HOLES in your pocket.
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by boldx(m): 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
Wow
Re: Nissan Murano: Car Stops On Its Own While Driving by twinskenny(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2017
boldx:
Wow

Morano scary something

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Toyota Camry 1998 And 2000 Model / Traditional Leader Buried In His Mercedes Benz With His Hands On The Wheel (Pix) / Running A Straight Pipe On My Corolla S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.