Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans (3766 Views)

[video] New Airport Full-body X-ray Scanners Proven To Be Useless? / Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? / Nigeria Installs Full Body Scanners At Airports. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Uzodinma1: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone heard about this nonsense that's currently going in some countries and is probably about to become standard for all travelers. I mean this is pure invasion of your human rights, it's past invasion of privacy. Do they really think these machines can stop the real terrorrists, Hell no, Check the full CNN article and some surprisingly shocking videos about this topic here http://www.tory411.com/2010/01/super-invasion-of-privacy-airport-full.html

Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 18, 2010
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 9:51am On Jan 18, 2010
what? wetin be this:: na waooo

This is so mumustallabu
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by rotimy(m): 12:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
Extreme problems require extreme measures! Which privacy? If you were sitting next to Umar Muttallab. WILL YOU TRULY CONSIDER HIM A SUCIDE BOMBER? Instead of rejoicing iver the 3D, you are complaining! A dead person will have no privacy!
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
better be happy al qaeda has not yet come up with explosive breast implants
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Onwan: 12:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Anyway, for the body scan, ladies generally will not like it; especially those plastic ones.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by adeniyi334: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, either you get your privacy interfered in or you get blown up in a plane, which will you prefer
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
Seen this in Miami.

Actually, it's still in "beta mode" and it's Optional.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Youngichou(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2010
@nairalanders while are you all troubled we all know with no doubt Nigerians are terrorist -
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by mrofficial(m): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

@nairalanders while are you all troubled we all know with no doubt Nigerians are terrorist fraudsters -
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by mrofficial(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
Youngichou:

@nairalanders while are you all troubled we all know with no doubt Nigerians are terrorist fraudsters -
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Spyker: 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2010
If this will ensure security, well i better be alive to talk about privacy than being blown away by a terrorist and no hope of being given a descent burial.
Actually, who ever invented this machine should check if its long time usage can cause leukemia.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Spyker: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
If this will ensure security, well i better be alive to talk about privacy than being blown away by a terrorist and no hope of being given a descent burial.
Actually, who ever invented this machine should check if its long time usage can cause leukemia.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by koolchicco: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
No Way!! Can't allow anyone see my pum pum for free!! tongue
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by PurestBoy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2010
Must you travel? Let's sit at home and make Nigeria great again
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
chaircover:

This is being implemented in the UK but you have an option of saying NO to it and they will carry out the old style scan instead.
There is an option??
Are you serious??

Didn't Muttalab and his other colleagues get through security with the old scan type??

I thought it was gonne be compulsory.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by bawomolo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
actually the crotch region would be blurred during the scan.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by GNBohr: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
My Yoruba people says: "Ti ina o ba tan lara, eje ki i tan ni ekanna. No Full Body Scan can stop terrorism. The only thing that fuels terrorism is inequality. The world order must change. Those who have prevent others from having. Who manufactures the weapon of terrorism are now the victims of terrorism. Let those who manufacture weapons that can destroy live stop production, then killing will stop.

When a country in the third world country engages in political and social squabbles and the best the developed countries could do is to escalate it by selling or donating arms to interested parties in the conflict. Terrorism has started.

What is the pride of USA in boasting of having a weapon of mass destruction. When another country seeks to acquire such they develop phobia for death. They threatened you with all manners of sanctions. It shows how coward they are. Who made them GOD over all other nations.

Terrorism is a war started by Americans, now that they have inflicted the whole world with it, they are jittery that it would consume them. Americans trains and equips all manners of agents of death, Al-qaeda, Talibans, Militants, Seccessionists, Rebellions, Mercenaries and their ilk, the Assassins.

If Americans are now afraid that the terrorism they spent billions of dollars promoting in other regions of the world is coming to meet them on American soil, then they should rethink and redirect their military technology and strategies into something that will safeguide life and not destroy it.

The Chinese spent 300 years building their great wall against external invasion but when it was defiled it came through internal invasion. Their enemies just simply compromised the gate keepers to keep the gate open for them to enter. The effect the great wall failed to stop the invaders from killing them enmasse.

Americans are deluding themselves by creating a "Watch List" or a "NO Fly List" against some countries and groups and individuals. Nigeria and Nigerians is just added. I will be alive to watch the list grow to a number that will make America see every other country as haven of terrorism and terrorists. Then America will know that it has become a dung gatherer. A dung gatherer does nothing but gathers dung on its head.

I dont and will never support terrorism but to label one a terrorist while America engages in the worst terrorist acts against other nations is the most laughable thing in the world. USA is going the way of ROME. I use to think they have a lot of knowledge in that enclave.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
what's that stuff between the legs on the image?

dem fit use this thing tarnish somebody oh.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by SwtzMinx(f): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2010
.hmm.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, travellers have a choice. When you decide to travel, you're also consenting to searches, and that could either be via such a machine, or the old cavity search.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by beefy23(m): 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
chaircover:

This is being implemented in the UK but you have an option of saying NO to it and they will carry out the old style scan instead.

This is good to know as I was thinking of driving to and from the Continent - 2000+ km (20 hours). The question is what happens when it's now made mandatory 
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by oge4real(f): 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
This is really unfair, but its still a necessary measure sha.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Stealthy(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
Since Nigeria is now on the list of "countries of interest", of course it will be compulsory for all Nigerians to pass through these machines. I don't like it (and I don't think it adds much to protect flights from the Mutallabs of this world), but I'll comfort myself knowing that whoever is manning the machine will see hundreds of body images everyday, so wont be likely to remember mine after a few seconds,
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
@stealthy,

what makes your image so special,that would be worth remembering for the operator of the scanning machine?
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Stealthy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
mobuch:

@stealthy,

what makes your image so special,that would be worth remembering for the operator of the scanning machine?

I guess u like people seeing images of ur naked body. Good for u then, u can save the airport security some stress - just appear at d airport in ur birthday suit
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
Stealthy:

I guess u like people seeing images of your unclothed body. Good for u then, u can save the airport security some stress - just appear at d airport in your birthday suit

well, people whom i have come across that have very beautiful body shapes and stature,dont complain about this new method of airport security,its only you,most probably you might have a shape that the scan machine operator would prefer to by-pass so as not to have his night interrupted by nightmares from your shape.
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Stealthy(m): 10:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
mobuch:

well, people whom i have come across that have very beautiful body shapes and stature,dont complain about this new method of airport security,its only you,most probably you might have a shape that the scan machine operator would prefer to by-pass so as not to have his night interrupted by nightmares from your shape.

Pls quit being an idiot. I made a reasonable post, jeje stating my opinion without criticizing other peoples' opinions & you come here, talking rubbish. Jeez, the internet sure gives morons a chance to talk to anybody!!!

fyi, I am an active sports player & I'll gladly display my body IN PRIVATE, to whom I choose to display it to, not to some gay airport security man named mobuch

, then again, don;t know why I'm bothering with a low-life like u. Signing off
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
Stealthy:

Pls quit being A SlowPoke. I made a reasonable post, jeje stating my opinion without criticizing other peoples' opinions & you come here, talking rubbish. Jeez, the internet sure gives morons a chance to talk to anybody!!!

fyi, I am an active sports player & I'll gladly display my body IN PRIVATE, to whom I choose to display it to, not to some gay airport security man named mobuch

, then again, don;t know why I'm bothering with a low-life like u. Signing off
well,if you are an active sports player,you would be very proud to display your athletic frame on a scanning machine for the operator to salivate upon.
You call me a lowlife,well if u knew who i am,then maybe your skinny lips wouldnt have the guts to allow those dirty words out of your equally dirty mouth,
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by beefy23(m): 10:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
Now now people - let's try and keep it all together!

The title of the thread was to reflect on the fact that traveling is going to get a bit more cumbersome; if you're likely to be affected it's food for thought. Who knows there may be still avenues for ordinary citizens like us to perhaps make a difference as to whether or not this is made compulsory etc but if we're stuck throwing mud at one another etc, it will just pass us by, get implemented and we'll all have no choice but to display our wobbly/dangly/well-toned (take your pick) bits for the security numpties to see  shocked
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by justpress: 3:13am On Jan 19, 2010
The United States of America and some other nations have in recent years come under the attack of terrorists in various ways, these attacks have often leaded to the deaths of thousands of innocent citizens.
Nations such as Iraq, Afghanistan, etc have been blacklisted by the United States as "terrorists" nations, names on the Us terror watch list have soured up to 1 million, the latest being one Umar Faruk Abdulmutallab a Nigerian whose failed and alleged attack on a Detroit bond plane on December 25, 2009 caused attention to be shifted to Nigeria and Nigerians abroad. The United States president was quick to blacklist Nigeria, although Nigeria is not officially listed as a terrorist nation, but disparaging comments had ripple effects so much so that commotion was caused in a metro station in uk when a Nigerian wanted to board a train as he was assumed to be a terrorist.
The sad truth is that while the US government brandish other nations and individuals as terrorists, she is the real terrorist. By trying to influence other nations Foreign policy to suit her own, by invading other nations like Iraq, Afghanistan, etc when there is no legal reason or just cause. Like the biblical wolves in sheep’s covering, she even sometimes hurt her nationals like she did in the 9/11 attacks.
Assuming I just strolled up to your yard and brandished an AK-47 rifle and started shooting at you irrespective of who was with you at home whether woman or child, you definitely will say I am a terrorist? Because for no just or legal reason I aimed at killing you or make you at least surrender to my wishes. Just as Mr. Umar Faruk Abdulmutallab for no just and legal reason tried to blow up a US passenger and commercial plane is labeled a terrorist, so we can label America who for no just reason nor legal backing invaded Afghanistan.
In the next of the series you will be exposed to more facts and you will decide who the real terrorist is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Passport Issue Is Making Me Dejected! / Nigerian Visa Named The 9th Hardest In The World / How Do You Transfer Money From Oman To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.