Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply (24909 Views)

After One Week I Asked For A Salary Increase In A Missionary School / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / Can You Ask Your Boss; "How Are You"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by stane007: 11:54pm On May 31, 2017
Here’s how a Nigerian boss lashed out at one of his employees for daring to ask him ‘How are you?’.

Do you see anything wrong with the question?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/see-nigerian-boss-lashed-staff-asked.html

3 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Airoflaw(m): 11:57pm On May 31, 2017
Nigeria mentality.. you need to add Sir at d end of the statement to make it respectful to Our Nigerian Elders

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2017
When you get to rome, you better act like the romans cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by philosophie: 12:33am On Jun 01, 2017
The guy should be orientated on how the Nigerian system works, especially our soldiers, cos a slap from a soldier may affect his innocent grandmother in the grave.

64 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Caseless: 1:54am On Jun 01, 2017
Ordinary welcome to Nigeria, you're already crying on behalf of your deported friend. Oga boss no fit wield or flaunt his power again?

7 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by babythug(f): 3:16am On Jun 01, 2017
It's generally believed in some cultures that a younger person cannot enquire about the wellbeing of an older person especially using the phrase "how are you?"

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by FromZeroToHero(m): 6:38am On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria mentality. But next time let him add Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by freebreezeyz(m): 7:06am On Jun 01, 2017
In as much as I would totally agree as regards the comments above that our mentality here requires the addition of 'sir' and 'ma', I would like to point out here that that mentality is a wrong one that needs to fade away at the workplace.

I worked with Virgin Nigeria and that mentality was TOTALLY ABSENT at the workplace!!! It never even brought disrespect amongst superiors and subordinates!! Abeg make that oga park well joor!!!

Na mate em come do for the workplace? I most times see it sef as Inferiority complex when U cannot allow a junior feel free with you at the workplace when one is been addressed!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by otimothy(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2017
You can only see such in some government agencies, meanwhile in the private sector I doubt you would find such mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Ezedon(m): 9:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Zoo mentality

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by adesegun121(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Lobatan grin grin

For for. trendy Print Top.. Check my Signature
Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by dhardline(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Went to our head office for a meeting and asked one of our most senior manager ' so how has the work been'? Had no idea who she was initially and she responded' a little stressful and she's even going out to meet a client'.... Said it with no issue at all. So it depends on personality and organization.
That response is mostly from one man business show.

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Me wey dey tell my "Boss", "How far na?" grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by idrisolaide(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Bros!

Your paddy no need come back from the state kankan! In Nigeria "How Are You" Dey cause a lot of Kasala Wella.

Its not part of our Culture.. I believe your sense should tell you.

When Greeting an Elderly person or Someone who is higher than you in hierarchy in Nigeria,, Courtesy should be inclusive..

I mean Like "Sir" of "Ma" it goes a long way.

8 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by akpesir67(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy...next time, add Sir

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Ogashub(m): 9:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Rubbish
Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by hezy4real01(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Hahahahahahah very funny! in this part of the world its an insult ooo, me I see pride in all our bosses o, if not pride someone asked u "How are u? na question naw

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Ezedon:
Zoo mentality

Your issues are beyond you... seek help, did you notice how the average IQ of everyone on FP seems to differ from yours...

"Its a pity the first sperm fertilizes the egg"

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by takenadoh: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
What kind of nonsense is that?
Go ask those Police for road how are you?
Body go tell u

3 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by dokJ: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
there is nothing wrong in d above....just dat he would hv garnished it with words like sir , chief etc average Nigerian boss wants to b seen being on top of his subordinates.

1 Like

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Zi: 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
I remember going to the dentist in Abuja. Two people already before it gets to my turn. Then came this young man with severe toothache behind me. He was pacing all around the place, tears flowing like a baby. So the receptionist called the doctor to attend to him urgently.

Then the dentist, a white woman stepped out to the waiting area, moved straight to him and asked - how are you, sir?

The visibly unwell patient responded: "I'm fine. I'm fine."

Dentist: If you are fine, then why are you here? Tell me how you are so that I can know how to help you. Lol

This short story may seem unconnected to the topic of discuss, but I just remembered it and felt like sharing.

Back to topic: Nothing is wrong with asking someone about their well being, boss or servant.tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by aboki2000(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
stane007:
Here’s how a Nigerian boss lashed out at one of his employees for daring to ask him ‘How are you?’.

Do you see anything wrong with the question?

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/see-nigerian-boss-lashed-staff-asked.html

Very common here , some asian teens will ask u ... How are you without minding ur damn AGE ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by Husty(m): 9:32am On Jun 01, 2017
He should simply say 'É how are you' like we Yorubas address an elderly person. Nothing pesin no go see for this country..

Meanwhile, lemme go and take care of my body odour.

1 Like

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by chiefolododo(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2017
He his lucky that Oga didn't fire him

3 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by UncutSk(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2017
You no dey fear? grin grin
Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by DWJOBScom(m): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2017
...........the guy would've plaited his hair to work or left his shirt open na.

People should learn the culture of wherever they find themselves. They quickly accept the culture of foreigners and won't accept ours so it's certainly "not acceptable" to say that to your boss unless he tells you too

it's earned

2 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by merits(m): 9:34am On Jun 01, 2017
nonsense
Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by praise1705(f): 9:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Husty:

how are you?

1 Like

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by KingGBsky(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Why will you greet your boss how are you? You think say na yankee you dey? You couldn't even put sir.

7 Likes

Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by FengChui(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Husty:

Smh, must u be on FP?
Re: Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply by ekensi01: 9:39am On Jun 01, 2017
If you're in your right senses you will not just say 'How Are You' but you always try to add something to make it some more of sense. Like 'How Are You Doing'. It is believe that 'how are you' is meant for age mates and friends.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Career Choice DSS Or ARMY? Suggestions Please!! / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff / UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.