Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. (19904 Views)

If As A Christian, You Have Never Experience The Holy Ghost, Then You Are Fake.. / As A Christian You Need These Books From Wise Men And Women Of God / Are You Really A Christian? You Think You Are? Think Again - Moshood Fayemiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 9:24am On Jun 01, 2017
kindly tell me what you think about this verse of the Christian Bible.
Do the whole man die or only his body dies ? . Consider the said verse.

"Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ' Father into your hand I entrust my spirit ' ' After he said this, he died."

You will notice that I underlined the word " He" there is a reason for that and that's exactly why U need to answer the next question

Who does the Pronoun " He" died ; represents ?

a. Jesus Christ DIED

b. only Body dies

C. I dont know

your response ? to validate if the whole of man dies or just his body .

cc : howdy

Salvation101

aigboeben

Ferisidowu

Pastors of religion forum, your attention is needed . Did Jesus really Die for sins ?

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Kestolove(m): 9:41am On Jun 01, 2017
jesus never died on d cross....and jesus is not God so I laff at peoe shoutin jesus upandan...

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 8:53am On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by GeeOh(f): 10:11am On Jun 04, 2017
Say whateva u like,but i belive there is no other God dat has lived and neva died,only JESUS,his grave is empty.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by latsy: 10:39am On Jun 04, 2017
You can never get a logical answer because there is none.
If you are willing to suspend your logic and reality and believe
what some cavemen imagined and wrote, then you have your answer.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 3:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
GeeOh:
Say whateva u like,but i belive there is no other God dat has lived [b] and neva died,
[/b]only JESUS,his grave is empty.

You mean Jesus has never died?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by chemystery: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jesus never died. He only gave up his weekend

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by JesusPeople: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

"Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father, into your us I entrust my spirit." After he said this, he died."

You will notice that I underlined the word " He" , there is a reason for that and that's exactly why U need to answer the next question

a. Jesus Christ DIED

b. only Body dies

C. I dont know

Salvation

aigboeb

Ferisidow

Pastors of religion forum, your attention is needed . Did Jesus really Die for sins ?

Jesus died (body)

Christ ( spirit) defeated satan in hell.

7 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

Jesus died (body)
Explain clearly Sir , Spirit or Body ... which is the Real man ( person ) ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by prinzfavian(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

Jesus died (body)

Hmmm Naso, baba d baba.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by JesusPeople: 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

The real man is a spirit, and he has a soul and he lives in a body

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
prinzfavian:

Hmmm Naso, baba d baba.

am sure you don't understand what he said too.

Jesus is Body

Christ is Spirit . from his writeup.

then who is Jesus Christ ? funny isn't it

You guys should tell us who exactly is man, A Spirit or body ? if spirit's don't die, How could Jesus ( A Spirit ) die for sins ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

The real man is a spirit,
and he has a soul and he lives in a body

thank you.

Therefore, the real man ( Jesus ) is a Spirit , Can a spirit die ? Did the real spirit man Jesus died for the sin of anyone ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

"Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father, into your us I entrust my spirit." After he said this, he died."

You will notice that I underlined the word " He" , there is a reason for that and that's exactly why U need to answer the next question

a. Jesus Christ DIED

b. only Body dies

C. I dont know

Salvation101

aigboeben

Ferisidowu

At death, the body alone dies. Man is a three partite being... Our spirit and soul is immortal but our body is mortal...

Luke 16:19-25
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom : the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off , and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

This is the story of rich man and Lazarus... At d death of a saint, we are told here that angels came to carry him but for the sinner, he lifted up his eyes in hell fire.. We were specifically told dat d rich man was buried, so his body probably laid in a tomb or graveyard but he was in hell. "He" hereis not his body but spirit and soul.. Until resurrection day, everyman loses just one part of himself at death, the spirit and soul remains intact, he can remember all he was, he doesn't lose his personality.. He only loses his body

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
At death, the body alone dies. Man is a three partite being... Our spirit and soul is immortal but our body is mortal...

Luke 16:19-25
19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom : the rich man also died, and was buried;
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off , and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

This is the story of rich man and Lazarus... At d death of a saint, we are told here that angels came to carry him but for the sinner, he lifted up his eyes in hell fire.. We were specifically told dat d rich man was buried, so his body probably laid in a tomb or graveyard but he was in hell. "He" hereis not his body but spirit and soul.. Until resurrection day, everyman loses just one part of himself at death, the spirit and soul remains intact, he can remember all he was, he doesn't lose his personality.. He only loses his body

If at death, the body alone dies , it means Spirit never dies and yet man is not the body but man is a spirit and spirit is IMMORTAL from your write up .

How do you prove that Jesus ( A Spirit ) dies for anyone sins ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by JesusPeople: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

am sure you don't understand what he said too.

Jesus is Body

Christ is Spirit . from his writeup.

then who is Jesus Christ ? funny isn't it

You guys should tell us who exactly is man, A Spirit or body ? if spirit's don't die, How could Jesus ( A Spirit ) die for sins ?

He went to hell like I said, if he must go to hell to defeat Satan, he must drop his body on earth and his spirit will defeat Satan, Jesus(body) had to die because the main essence of his coming, is to destroy death(sin- the causes and curses) on behalf of all men so all men will be free from death(sin).

https://www.nairaland.com/4120347/why-must-jesus-die

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

If at death, the body alone dies , it means Spirit never dies and yet man is not the body but man is a spirit .

How do you prove that Jesus ( A Spirit ) dies for anyone sins ?
Jesus only needed to die in the flesh.. His blood is not in the spirit but in the flesh. He shed his blood for remission of sin as d bible said dat without shedding of blood there is no remission of sin... There is spiritual death as well wch is eternal separation from God... Jesus didn't die a spiritual death but physical death.. We are told how he went on to defeat the devil whereas his body was laying in a tomb..

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by prinzfavian(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

To understand this, we need to revisit the creation of Adam...
God moulded a lump of clay(dust) into a human form, but it wasn't alive until He breathed into the nostril of this sculpture... After the breathing the Bible says at genesis 2:7 that Adam became a living soul or person.... The question you asked wouldn't even exist if there was no misconception about the soul... Many believe that man do have a soul, yet the Bible explains nothing of such but instead says that man is a soul (genesis 2:7, 1cor 15:45) .... So in the case of Jesus it's just as simple as the Bible puts it, He died... Not until some days later did God raise him up.... It's simple, being dead is the opposite of being alive...
Thanks.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2018
JesusPeople:

He went to hell like I said, if he must go to hell to defeat Satan, he must drop his body on earth and his spirit will defeat Satan, Jesus(body) had to die because the main essence of his coming, is to destroy death(sin- the causes and curses) on behalf of all men so all men will be free from death(sin).

https://www.nairaland.com/4120347/why-must-jesus-die

hmmm , @ bolded aspect .

the " HE " represented Jesus . So you are telling us ... Jesus ( HE ) was very much alive , didn't die for anyone . what was in the grave was just the ordinary body HE dropped ?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:13pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
Jesus only needed to die in the flesh.. His blood is not in the spirit but in the flesh. He shed his blood for remission of sin as d bible said dat without shedding of blood there is no remission of sin... There is spiritual death as well wch is eternal separation from God... Jesus didn't die a spiritual death but physical death.. We are told how he went on to defeat the devil whereas his body was laying in a tomb..

The bolded showed the " He " ( Jesus ) was very much alive during the three days . ordinary body laid in the tomb ... am I right ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

The bolded showed the " He " ( Jesus ) was very much alive during the three days . ordinary body laid in the tomb ... am I right ?
u are correct...
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
prinzfavian:

To understand this, we need to revisit the creation of Adam...
God moulded a lump of clay(dust) into a human form, but it wasn't alive until He breathed into the nostril of this sculpture... After the breathing the Bible says at genesis 2:7 that Adam became a living soul or person.... The question you asked wouldn't even exist if there was no misconception about the soul... Many believe that man do have a soul, yet the Bible explains nothing of such but instead says that man is a soul (genesis 2:7, 1cor 15:45) .... So in the case of Jesus it's just as simple as the Bible puts it, He died... Not until some days later did God raise him up.... It's simple, being dead is the opposite of being alive...
Thanks.

The whole of Jesus died ! not just body ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by danvon(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
Jesus died, was buried and he resurrected, in the old testament people kill lamb, calfs, animals to cleanse them they had to do it repeatedly but only the Blood of Jesus Christ can redeem someone permanently.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
u are correct...

If you accept Jesus was alive during the three days , Can we say nobody died for sins ?

Why don't churches say his body died for your sin INSTEAD of Jesus died for your sin which from the responses so far may not be entirely true ?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
Jesus died, was buried and he resurrected, in the old testament people kill lamb, calfs, animals to cleanse them they had to do it repeatedly but only the Blood of Jesus Christ can redeem someone permanently.

Okay you mean the Real person called Jesus died , not just ordinary body ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by danvon(m): 4:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Okay you mean the Real person called Jesus died , not just ordinary body ?
yes
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
danvon:
yes

Sir, are you telling me if a man dies .. the whole of him dies NOT just ordinary body ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

If you accept Jesus was alive during the three days , Can we say nobody died for sins ?

Why don't churches say his body died for your sin INSTEAD of Jesus died for your sin which from the responses so far may not be entirely true ?
lol.. Failed logic....
Man is a three partite being.. Abraham according to the Bible died and was buried but according to Jesus story, Abraham was d one talking with the rich man in hell... His body was still where his sons laid him but he was alive here in paradise. The death necessary for the redemption of man was the death that Jesus died. Wch is death of the body..

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by prinzfavian(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

The whole of Jesus died ! not just body ?
Yes!
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
salvation101:
lol.. Failed logic....
Man is a three partite being.. Abraham according to the Bible died and was buried but according to Jesus story, Abraham was d one talking with the rich man in hell... His body was still where his sons laid him but he was alive here in paradise. The death necessary for the redemption of man was the death that Jesus died. Wch is death of the body..

You earlier admit Jesus was alive during the three days , Simply means He wasn't dead . Abi

But now you focus the gear at Jesus didn't have to die, just his flesh is enough . Can you back this up with your bible ? Didn't Jesus said his soul [ his real person ] will die for mankind's sin ? was he telling a lie ? how could his soul die if his soul was IMMORTAL ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by danvon(m): 4:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

Sir, are you telling me if a man dies .. the whole of him dies NOT just ordinary body ?

now you're twisting my words you're point was that if Jesus didn't die where is his sacrifice and I'm saying he did die to say only the body not that his body died and his soul resurrected, Jesus body resurrected with his soul

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2018
Peacefullove:

You earlier admit Jesus was alive during the three days , Simply means He wasn't dead . Abi

But now you focus the gear at Jesus didn't have to die, just his flesh is enough . Can you back this up with your bible ? Didn't Jesus said his soul [ his real person ] will die for mankind's sin ? was he telling a lie ? how could his soul die if his soul was IMMORTAL ?

shallow logic again.. D death in the flesh is the same death Abraham died.. Do u believe Abraham is alive in paradise or totally dead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of Daddy Freeze? By Femi Aribisala / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 / COVID-19: Winner’s Chapel, Daystar To Have Physical Church Service Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.