Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World (23727 Views)

Sergio Ramos To Marry Pilar Rubio In June (Photo) / FIFA Rankings: Nigeria Moves To 48th Spot [Top 10] / Nigeria Moves Up To 50th In FIFA Ranking After Beating Algeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by femi4: 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2017
The Super Eagles of Nigeria has climbed up to fourth position in the latest FIFA Coca-Cola football ranking released on Thursday, also moved from 40th position from the World ranking to 38th position.

The Super Eagles who have never lose any match since German coach Gernot Rohr took over the coaching job has continued to restore their glory as the football giants of Africa.

The Super Eagles who will be playing Togo before playing their African Nations Cup Qualifiers against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa at the Godwill Akpabio’s Stadium in Uyo June 10.

The Super Eagles are among some countries who moved up big in the June FIFA world ranking as Burkina Faso were one of the most biggest drops by point losing 60 points.

The Super Eagles last game was against Corsica which ended in a 1-1 draw with both teams scoring from the penalty spot.

Egypt are top of the chart for Africa while Burkina Faso slide down to 7th position. Djibouti, Eritrea and Somalia occupies the last position in Africa.

Egypt and Senegal rose in the ranking, to 20th and 27th respectively.

Cameroon moved a spot up from 33rd to 32nd in the world and third on the continent.

Togo, Nigeria’s international friendly opponents, are 106th in the world with 320 points gained.

South Africa moved a step down from 64 to 65.

There were no changes in the top 10 positions in the world rankings as Brazil remained first, Argentina (2nd) Germany(3rd) Chile (4th) Colombia (5th) France(6th) Belgium(7th) Portugal(8th) Switzerland (9th) and Spain(10th)

AFRICAN FIRST TEN COUNTRIES

Egypt

Senegal

Cameroon

Nigeria

Congo D.R

Tunisia

Burkina Faso

Cote D’ Ivoire

Ghana

Algeria

http://www.norrionews.com/nigeria-moves-up-in-june-fifa-ranking-both-in-africa-and-world/

Cc lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by brunofarad(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice one,
Congratulations to Nigerian football

This is my first FTC for this month of June, grin

It's like June will make sense shaa

Check my profile

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Okundaye4(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Great!
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by driand(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
angry
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by lollypeezle(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
long overdue
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by IgboAmakaa(f): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by yeyeboi(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by sweetkev(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
And so... undecided
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by OVA200(m): 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wow good for Nigeria but their is politics in this FIFA flawed list, Abi Wetin Colombia and Switzerland dey find for top ten.

So people stop bashing Nigeria alone there is biasness everywhere in the world too.

God bless Nigeria,
God bless Nairaland,
God bless Nairalanders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by philEscobar(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Cool !! !! Buh for how lng?
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by iamdynamite(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good one there, gradually we will get back to that top 5, we had previously occupied
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by oviejnr(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
They will soon fall below, we just renting

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by spartan50(m): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Go super eagles
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by yankeedude(m): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Since Rohr came it has been upward movement for the Super Eagles. This German really knows what he's doing. I like him.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Koval12(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
We are getting there. Meanwhile Iheanacho 20, Iwobi 21, Onyekuru 19, Ndidi 20, Simon 21, Aina 20...the new face of super Eagles. Exciting times ahead.
Check my signature.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by crown241: 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
next please
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by burkingx(f): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Daniello25: 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congratulations to our darling national team #SUPEREAGLE......... Wishing u success in more matches..... Like if u love it...
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Sirpaul(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2017

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Beautifulislaam: 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Congrats.

And Ramadan Mubarak to all Muslims.

Remember the Prophet saying "You have been sent to make things easy and not to make them hard."

Follow the Sunnah and be kind to mankind irrespective of religion.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by preshdawesome(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
I don die o see team y I nor dey d picture grin
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by jonsnow92: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Step in the Right Direction...Just do away with the Old legs and Ahmed Musa and We would be Top soon

Especially Ahmed Musa!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by hacmond(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Go ask www.google.com..... grin

quote author=philEscobar post=57092295]Cool !! !! Buh for how lng?
[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Segadem(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
Goooood gooder goodest grin
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is nice. There is still room for improvement.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by preshdawesome(m): 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Sirpaul:
Bros y na
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by cinoedhunter: 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by goshen26: 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Good one
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Iamdmentor1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
I'd love to see Odey in the team.

We need a trophy, the World Cup will do.
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by MrGreenMavro: 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
angry
Re: Nigeria Moves Up In June FIFA Ranking Both In Africa And World by Emenandez4lyf(m): 3:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nah dis type of tori wey i wan hear.
TOGO VS 9JA go be my last sure game. I don kari am X2.
All eyes on Iwobi and Nacho. I Know you'll make us proud.
SMH 4 snake threads!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Poses With His Lovely Daughter / Ronaldo Replaces Messi As Highest-Paid Footballer In Forbes Ranking / Official Faints After Rival Scores First Goal During Match In Ibadan. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.