Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria (31815 Views)

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' / What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Ajikobi1: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Shame on him... Na forign diplomat talk better thing like this.

3 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by obajoey(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
check the name nah ... ' chine'

abeg complete am

4 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by SHAKABOOM: 6:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
I will be back
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by bayinq25(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
joshkiddies:
Reacting to a 2015 tweet by a Nigerian man, who disclosed there's nothing great about Nigeria apart from its music and food, a UK diplomat who has been to 113 countries, took to same platform to tell the Twitter user how Nigeria is great and what is actually wrong.

Here are the tweets;

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/06/uk-diplomat-disagrees-nigerian-man-said-nothing-great-nigeria.html

I hope it sinks into his flat head.

3 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by takenadoh: 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
II think there is a vibe about Nigerians and the way we carry ourselves but the Government needs to do more, we need more innovative ideas to make Nigeria really great and make our passport better than Germany's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
DrObum:
God bless this diplomat.

I love this country no matter what!
What exactly do you love about this country? That the system isn't working? You were born here and I believe you are above 20 yrs. Because a foreigner who has been here for 3 years mostly living in a highbrow area in Abuja think it's great doesn't make it great. Let the man with the entire UK bar the administrators move down here so we move to the UK and let him witness firsthand what we have been going through in the hands of our leaders for 30 years I bet he will think otherwise.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by okechuks22: 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Its a shame that a foreigner thinks highly of us and we so much detest the entity called Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria,

God make her great again.
keep on deceiving ur self

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by DrObum(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
youalreadyknow:

What exactly do you love about this country? That the system isn't working? You were born here and I believe you are above 20 yrs. Because a foreigner who has been here for 3 years mostly living in a highbrow area in Abuja think it's great doesn't make it great. Let the man with the entire UK bar the administrators move down here so we move to the UK and let him witness firsthand what we have been going through in the hands of our leaders for 30 years I bet he will think otherwise.
Bro, I love Nigeria because I have no other country but this.
That doesn't mean I don't feel the pains of our terrible system.

10 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
Abegiii..No b today..E don taaay

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
DrObum:

Bro, I love Nigeria because I have no other country but this.
That doesn't mean I don't feel the pains of our terrible system.
You loving it is different from it being great in its entirety.
With no disrespect to you, Nigeria has been known to like mediocrity that's why someone who has been here permanently since 1990 will think the country is great.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by SonofaPrincipal: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria will be great again.
Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by PublicAssurance: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria is a great Country, but we have a long way to go! Very Long way!. but we shall take it one day at a time. We will get there!

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by flamingREED(m): 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
I thought someone more into politics said that Nigeria is FANTASTICALLY corrupt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ephi321(f): 6:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
But the diplomat is not living in Nigeria or shopping in Nigerian markets or using the Nigerian health centers.

Basically, he is not wearing the shoe and does not know where it pinches.

I'm proudly Nigerian anyday but let's not deceive ourselves that it's easy being one.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
ephi321:
But the diplomat is not living in Nigeria or shopping in Nigerian markets or using the Nigerian health centers.

Basically, he is not wearing the shoe and does not know where it pinches.
Exactly. He isn't living on the country's minimum wage structure. He is one of those that our force men will chase it's citizens from a mall For because the diplomat wants to shop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
grin olodo them never wire wire him account or work him mama bill am proper.na him go lead crowd for people wey dey insult nigeria ode grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by banmee(m): 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
decatalyst:
Its a shame that a foreigner thinks highly of us and we so much detest the entity called Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria,

God make her great again.

The diplomat does not have to stay in Nigeria. He has been groomed in a normal society where everything works and people think a certain way so he thinks it applies to every country. He is ignorant of the realities in Nigeria. If you disagree, please list five things about Nigeria that signifies a country that is normal or has the potential of reaching greatness. Be mindful of the reality. Plus, Nigeria was never great. I wonder where you get this idea from. How can a country be great when more than half it's existence has been under a dictatorial leadership, is dependent on only one source of revenue, has zero infrastructure, is corrupt to the bone, and dirty as phuck? Be truthful to yourselves and maybe you'll have a chance of being great one day. Just maybe. I doubt it though.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ademoladeji(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
EZE na mumu

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
Once BBC brings up any news on Nigeria, You will see this Ipobians going there to insult the President, the north and other tribes of Nigeria.

On Twitter, once there is anything public, You see that the most people spewinv Negativity towards Nigeria are Them..
the level of hate they have for this entity is just way too much..
more Reasons Nigerians must come together to ask that the 5eastern Ibo states, should leave us and form their country...
the

4 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
As You can see, the Guy that talked of Nigeria not being a good country is from that side.
But then, It is still the same side of Nigeria, that will protest when any one is to be investigated for Corruption.
it is them that will carry Placards and Protest forDasuki... it is them that will make noise online for Dokpesi after the later has confessed to taking money.. it is still them that will come all out to say that Methuh has the best right to not give back stolen money.
it is Them that will tell u, "what of Ameachi" when honest Nigerians ask " How did PEJ have 15billion in an account*

and it is still them that will export drugs everywhere.. giving Nigerians bad name and image, and it is still them that after doing all this they will call Nigeria a Zoo and Nigerians Animals..
but will still be the ones claiming victimisation and wailing over everything.

It About Time all Nigerians come together to ensure that we kick them out.. As an Akwa Ibomite and a Niger Deltan, I knw we here are ready to know kick them out...

IF ATALL WE WANT TO BUILD SOMETHING LASTING, WE NEED TO SEND AWAY ALL THOSE DESTROYING THE SMALL THINGS WE ARE BUILDING.
#TimeToSendBiafransAway
#AksIsNotBiafra.

I know they will call me Afonjaaa.. but mbon si idionghor mien edionghor ke ndo Amana Isong.

3 Likes

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by hermosa7: 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
wahles:
No 1 would luv ur country for u

Somebody just did undecided

1 Like

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by youalreadyknow(m): 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
ademoladeji:
EZE na mumu
For Eze to be realistic enough to say Nigeria is a failed state and Ade thinks Nigeria is great I wonder who the real Mumu is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
Honesty though. This guy stayed in a pompom hotel, arranged transport from a to z, googled safe areas to visit and all. Everything was arranged to suit exactly what he wanted to experience.

Naija naija cheesy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK Diplomat Disagrees With Man Who Said There's Nothing Great About Nigeria by ephi321(f): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
banmee:

The diplomat does not have to stay in Nigeria. He has been groomed in a normal society where everything works and people think a certain way so he thinks it applies to every country. He is ignorant of the realities in Nigeria. If you disagree, please list five things about Nigeria that signifies a country that is normal or has the potential of reaching greatness. Be mindful of the reality. Plus, Nigeria was never great. I wonder where you get this idea from. How can a country be great when more than half it's existence has been under a dictatorial leadership, is dependent on only one source of revenue, has zero infrastructure, is corrupt to the bone, and dirty as phuck? Be truthful to yourselves and maybe you'll have a chance of being great one day. Just maybe. I doubt it though.

I'm waiting for the response to this question.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Rail Can't Exceed 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi / Trailer Loaded With Gravel Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Again! / My Trip To San Francisco, CA | Bay Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.