Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,270 members, 7,807,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State (16603 Views)

Pictures From 2017 Durbar Festival Held In Kano / Boat Regatta Festival Held In Okrika, Rivers (Photos) / Pictures From Obodoukwu Festival Held In Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by tyokunbo(m): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Source:http://towncrieronline.net/2017/06/01/photos-from-the-just-concluded-lake-efi-festival-held-in-sabageria-kolokumaopokuma-lga-bayelsa-state/

The Lake Efi fishing festival takes place in Sabageria, Kolokuma/Opokuma LGA, Bayelsa State. It is a form of a homecoming for the sons and daughters of the town, as they use the occasion to give thanks to the river goddess for a bountiful fish harvest. The festival, which is usually celebrated every seven years, is subject to the pronouncement of the chief priest, and involves canoe rides, a boat regatta and a fishing contest. During the festival, visitors are able to purchase fish of various sizes caught in the lake and sold at cheap prices.

As shared by Bodmas ..

The festival predates that of the Argungun festival.

CC: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by auntysimbiat(f): 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice one
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by veekid(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Next plz?
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by warlord24(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Want to Learn How you can advertise on facebook for FREE? I mean facebook ads.. get the ful one on one training for #10,000 plus materials... use the number below to add me on whatzapp..
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by fpeter(f): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
freshness! but why would i give thanks to a river goddess...when God is the Creator of the lake and fishes therein?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by tolexy123: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Ooowk. Next pls
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
Haaaaa Izon!!!

11 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by peculiar3(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
...Nigeria is rich in culture and traditions but lacks foresight and common sense

-----Robert Mugabe (2010)

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Splinz(m): 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Someone please get me some of the fish. kiss
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by EPIJOE: 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
BABY FISH

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by adontcare(f): 5:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wow. Si fis shocked

2 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by kpaofame: 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
na to prepare confam pepper soup a grin grin

Broha Zuokomor oya a
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Talk2Bella(f): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
More pictures please
African Culture Predates many

3 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by ogilivictor: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
This 1 na fish festival oooo... Well una try
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by soberdrunk(m): 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kai!! See better fish!! Nah to put like 3-9crates of Gulder inside and in the words of my igbo brothers-----"O setigo" grin

Ps-He don reach time Nigeria breweries go make me Gulder ambassador oooo angry angry

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by samtee37(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
Na this one be festival not that EYO wey people dey dash dem self blow grin

5 Likes

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by PMWSpirit(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
Chai see fresh fish . i miss elebele ogbia
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Larwin(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
cool

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
I love African
and our
Culture's!

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by obembet(f): 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Operation Go fishing
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by realestniggah: 6:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Can they swim inside this kind of water
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by dragonking2: 6:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
Wonderful pictures.

God bless nigerdelta People

God bless nigerdelta region

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by lovetruth(m): 6:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
fpeter:
freshness! but why would i give thanks to a river goddess...when God is the Creator of the lake and fishes therein?
they 4got bible says those dat worship them shal b lyk dem
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by DollarAngel(m): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2017
BAYELSA STATE
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by YelloweWest: 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
realestniggah:
Can they swim inside this kind of water
Yes. They swim just like fish

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by twilliamx(m): 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nice. the Nigeria of my dreams will soon come to fruition where i can plan my vacation to go to bayelsa for its scenic beauty, or to sokoto to tour the ancient seats of the caliphate, or to ondo to explore the views from idanre hills, or to enugu to be captivated by ngwo caves, or even yobe for a desert adventure. but most of all i will always feel at home and everyone will see me as a brother. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by ivolt: 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
fpeter:

You are wrong, the goddess did it.
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by erebi4195(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
ivolt:

You are wrong, the goddess did it.
which god or goddess brother?
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by ivolt: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
erebi4195:
which god or goddess brother?
The goddess of the river of course.
Re: Photos From The Lake Efi Festival Held In Sabageria, Bayelsa State by IdeyFindWife: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
peculiar3:
...Nigeria is rich in culture and traditions but lacks foresight and common sense

-----Robert Mugabe (2010)

It's the whole country brother.

Imagine them saying Nigeria loses over N2B annually to poaching from foreign fishing trawlers etc; they're good for two things, this accursed polithiefcians, stealing the masses money and losing the masses money!

Everybody eating point&kill catfish every friday, nobody thinking to preserve the aquatic wildlife!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Taboos In Your Villages? / Do African's Love Asian People? / Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.