Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,502 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" (17950 Views)

Hyundai Unveils The New Veloster N With 8-speed DCT / 2019 Lexus ES Is First Mass-produced Car To Replace Side Mirrors With Cameras. / 10 Impressive Concept Cars That Were Never Mass-produced (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by GrandGarcon: 7:39am On Jun 03, 2017
For the people who say Oil is thier life.
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by KingGBsky(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2017
soon crude oil will be the thing of a past for vehicles. meanwhile Nigeria is still hell bend on crude oil. PITY.
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by bigsmoke2(m): 7:57am On Jun 03, 2017
They can be gradually introduced as BRT when they become comercially available say 10 busses as test run. it will be good for lagos on the long run

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by tete7000(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
As most car producers are busy producing car that runs on electricity, very soon cars will no longer run on petrol which will automatically make crude oil to be useless. Then what will be our fate as a country that depends on crude oil for survival.
It's better will start forgetting this oil now and diversify the economy because very soon, I repeat very soon crude oil will be like water.

What will be used to generate electricity that will power the cars? Fossil fuel will still get its fair share of world energy demands. Besides, electric cars will only be more viable option if in terms of energy consumed per kilometre, it is more efficient and cheaper than cars that run on fossil fuel. We haven't been told yet whether these cars are cheaper and less stressful to run than petrol engine. Don't forget too that the oil industry is not standing still in terms of technological advancement, they are pushing frontiers to ensure extraction and refining technologies are advanced and make them competitive and relevant. Also, the auto industry is not standing still in its research to produce cheaper and more fuel efficient cars. There are so many complex variables that would have to be factored in before we can conclude that fossil fuel will go out of relevance. What am I driving at? Its too early to reach that your conclusion, nevertheless we need to still think of diversifying. It is not bad having a mixed source of revenue.

5 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 03, 2017
bay30:

Yes oo. All we think is how to steal money for our generations yet unborn. I'm wondering what our children n next generation will use their times n brains to do as have stalked every resources for them. We can only have a lazy n extravagant generation.
its already here with us,take a look at social media,its all about flaunt and taunt.we only top the list on negative things,smh

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by MRSALT: 9:04am On Jun 03, 2017
Meanwhile, Trump and his supporters are still arguing about global warming. One day Africans will be trooping to South Korea for greener pastures. They will engage Koreans on argument on how Europeans looted Africa, forgetting that Koreans also experienced the destructive effects of colonisation but have moved forward afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by judgedredd22(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2017
PearlStreet:

Look at the title of the thread and look at your advert. Then, go and sit in one corner and think about your life.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by muller101(m): 9:31am On Jun 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
As most car producers are busy producing car that runs on electricity, very soon cars will no longer run on petrol which will automatically make crude oil to be useless. Then what will be our fate as a country that depends on crude oil for survival.
It's better will start forgetting this oil now and diversify the economy because very soon, I repeat very soon crude oil will be like water.
when Will that happen. SI and CI engines can never be forgotten that easily bro.
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by okenwa101(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

Recharging station to start soon no more fuel station this is good business proposal

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by muller101(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2017
danemenike:
What is the future of internal combustible engine(ICE)? I don't know if I should happy or indifferent about these electric cars. The speed of it's growth is worrisome, my dear country Nigeria should Sit Up, your crude oil will become valueless in some years to come just like the present day coal.
Invest in real estate, it's the only "real" investment

Real Estate Consultant Daniel: 07037629947
in Taiwan the largest power plant there is making use of coal to power their turbines. Coal is not useless only in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by Raypawer(m): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2017
Hm.. your post is so myopic.. you think crude oil is used only for PMS (Premium Motor Spirit) undecided undecided

let me enumerate some other uses shocked shocked

fuel used for Airplanes called JetA1, Asphalt used to make roads, Gas used to power Gas Plants, the drug industry is all about organic chemistry. Petroleum is a rich source of organics, raw materials for the production of plastics (PVC) polyvinyl-chloride, nylon, polyester used for engines, polystyrene used for making Mobile phones, polypropylene used for making syringe and some hard plastics and the list goes on and on... they are all derived from refined crude oil...

perhaps your from the west or one of those state that is not blessed with crude oil and you already envisage that crude oil will soon become irrelevant..

......sorry for you cheesy cheesy

Godswillnwaoma:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by hollowpot15684(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2017
2900M is a good achievement, I believe time will reduce the charging duration..

mechanical and electrical engineers, get ready!! its coming, yebulebu

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 03, 2017
This is so good

2 Likes

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Jun 03, 2017
If i buy this bus for my inter state transportation business (Lag - Abj ), how i go fit charge am for road ?
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by paradice: 11:51am On Jun 03, 2017
prigoz:
Pls let nobody imports this type of car in Nigeria, if not you will be stranded while waiting for NEPA(distribution company to restore power). So you are on your own

ODE le le yi ni ? It was said it will be charged for 1hour!!!
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by AlwaysUltraPad: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:
you don't know the international politics behind all this. Fossil fuel can never phase out.

This electric car, when fully charged, can take you 180 miles. So if you are going from Lagos to borno, you'll have to charge it over 6 times before you get there? This won't sell in third-world.
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by savagefinder: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
Vainglory:
Not so good yet. You travel for 290 km you wait for 1 hour to recharge. At that rate Lagos to Abuja will take three days.
they are built to work only within cities.

1 Like

Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by ivolt: 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
whitebeard:
See Nigeria that started before Korea..see us now see Korea, despite the fact that they are still have their enemies rite under their noise yet they grow..!!

Having an enemy is a big advantage.
Countries with no enemies usually shrink with time.
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by marv1: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
This your data . Is it real? Who can testify on your behalf. who are the people that can vouch for you
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by itsmaleekbaby(m): 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
Lagos here we come. Its only my state that can afford this, Abuja cant even smell it. EKO O NI BAJE!

AutoReportNG:
Korean-automaker Hyundai unveils its first mass-produced electric bus, called the ‘elec city’. Its 256 kWh battery pack lets the vehicle drive for 180 miles (290 km) before recharging. According to a report from the Yonhap news agency, the bus can also be fully charged in just over an hour. Hyundai aims to launch the electric bus next year.

Since 2015, Hyundai motor has accelerated its research and development of electric and fuel cell buses. Its first mass-produced electric bus – ‘elec city’ – showcases the Korean manufacturer’s achievements, highlighting the breadth of electric bus technology from the brand. Alongside production of the electric bus, Hyundai plans to launch the third generation of its fuel cell bus in 2018, having shown the first-generation vehicle at the 2006 FIFA world cup in Germany.

Mr. Yeongduck Tak, senior vice president, head of commercial vehicle R+D division comments, ‘Hyundai motor has achieved a lot in the eco-friendly vehicle field, but we will never stand still. We continue to invest heavily to ensure zero-emission technology for all commercial vehicles.’

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/06/hyundais-unveils-first-mass-produced.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" by newfound2012: 10:17pm On Jun 04, 2017
Godswillnwaoma:

how on earth can crude oil be useless, when petrol is just one of the component of crude oil.
the many other uses would still be there and moreover I it is not only cars that uses petrol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / The Parking Charges In Abia State And Penalties Following Breach (Photo) / Let's Discuss Wheel Alignment And Balancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.