Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up (11711 Views)

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child / Who Has Heard About Turbo Max Blue, Does It Truely Makes Penis Bigger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by spartan117(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2017
YourCoffin:
That Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to you know who. So I' m wondering who broke the thing, the baby's head?
Jesus loves you

5 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by BestOnlineDeals(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
I was told Nigeria was a great nation which is not true

2 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Judolisco(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
falcon01:
Sweepeling in the nght

Sitting on a mortar

Flashing of light in the sky at night

Calling out names loudly in the night

Climbing a tree in the night

Twins have the ability to stop food from cook

Twins can turn to a snake or scorpion

Twins can kill you with supernatural power if you make
them angry

If someone dies in a river he must be buried there else the water will destroy his family

Allowing a lizard see you removed tooth will stop it from growin back

If you beat a person without eyebrowe he will turn to money

alaye is like Dat twins own is real oh Ave seen them handling scorpions b4 not one not 2
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Thunderdick(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2017
YourCoffin:
That Mary was a virgin when she gave birth to you know who. So I' m wondering who broke the thing, the baby's head?
YOUR COFFIN IS ALREADY IN YOUR ROOM
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 06, 2017
I was told never to wash my hands in the same bowl I used for food. Whenever I asked why, they wouldn't tell me like it was some big secret
And also that coconut water makes you less able to understand school work so only adults are allowed to drink it

2 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nuel25846(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2017
if u set somebodys poo on fire their ass will block.

3 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2017
Hahaha... Keep them coming guys. Even till today, my mum has refused to change. She saw a rubber band on my hand this morning and in a stern voice asked me to pull it. I guess she's feeling some one is sucking my blood somewhere.

3 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Youdondeymad: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2017
falcon01:
Sweepeling in the nght

Sitting on a mortar

Flashing of light in the sky at night

Calling out names loudly in the night

Climbing a tree in the night

Twins have the ability to stop food from cook

Twins can turn to a snake or scorpion

Twins can kill you with supernatural power if you make
them angry

If someone dies in a river he must be buried there else the water will destroy his family

Allowing a lizard see you removed tooth will stop it from growin back

If you beat a person without eyebrowe he will turn to money

Don't hiss or blow whistle at night,don't bath with soap at night,don't sleep in the evening(you would fall sick).Don't wash clothes at night,don't put on one shoe or slippers.

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by longsnake(m): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2017
That time we mumu die ehh. Child hood that time is fun, not like this indomie generation we are having today.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by medra(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
If u spit on de ground without cleaning it and another person match it u will have soar throat.

If u use a stick to draw a line on the ground and u did nt clean it if another person shld clean it ur mothers breast will be so big.

2 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Evablizin(f): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
If you eat big palm kernel you will fall inside the toilet
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Wizkhalifa2(m): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Used to kill lizards as a kid, till I was told they cause Leprosy shocked shocked

Coconut water makes kids dull.

If you rub the d mucus frm a dogs eye on your eye, u wud be able to see spirits. undecided

If sun day shine wen rain day fall, elephant day born pkin grin

8 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by mirabel001(f): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2017
u wil hav boil in d eye if u dnt share ur biscuits wit friends
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sekem: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2017
I was told that some thousand years ago, one Jewish man was killed but he rose up from the dead after three fücking days

Up til now, I'm still wondering how that is even possible

4 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by jakandeola(m): 10:48am On Jun 06, 2017
sinaj:
If someone bites you, just rub fowl poo on it nd the person's teeth will fall out!

I mumu for small sha grin
hahahaha black beauty dat funny my is my father. he tells me dat if u play wit ur shadow before u sleep u will dream bad dream
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by mayemmie1(f): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
1. don't whistle at night it invites snakes and witches. 2. don't leave dirt in the house at night it causes poverty. 3. when Salamander bites u the pain never leaves till thunder strikes.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by maklelemakukula(m): 10:50am On Jun 06, 2017
that love exists
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by iamdynamite(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2017
grin
IffaCatchYouEhn:
I heard that if my tooth breaks, I should take 10 stones if i'm 10years old and throw it on the roof.

Till today i'm still wondering how an oyinbo child who lives in Skyscraper would throw his own undecided
baba no be only you ooo, i do that thing tire, there was a day i forgot to add stone come see as i dey fear say my tooth no go grow again...kai these people lie to us no be small
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by qpapa: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2017
If you drink coconut water the person will be dull academically.

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by BiafraAmaka(m): 11:01am On Jun 06, 2017
My was believing that Nigeria is one
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by do4luv14(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2017
If you chop German stone ( kuli-kuli ) ur poo go strong like olumo rock
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Horlahmah(m): 11:06am On Jun 06, 2017
If you look at the moon at night. There is a shape like a woman sitting and working.

Side 1: I was told the woman was caught up by the moon while she was cutting wood with axe at night.

Side 2: the woman was caught up while she was working on Sunday.

Hmm dis one i never try am o
If you like a girl, put seven dead flies on her piss, she will be following you everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by fruitfulbae: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2017
Pounding an empty mortal would not allow a girl develop bweast and if she already has, they dry up.

Whistling in the night invites snakes.

Dashing your right foot against a stone means luck. etc.

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by gaburiel(m): 11:11am On Jun 06, 2017
Benbisco:

Abeg I no fit laugh o. I heard this as a kid but never heard about the second part. Wet in kill am?

According to the tale I heard, as he wanted to shoot, the ball turned to stone, but he kicked the stone anyway. As the stone was entering the net he was falling down. As the stone reach net, he reached ground and died.

That we are the leaders of tomorrow. Decades later, tomorrow never still reach.

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Mekanus(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
I was told that some nigga far away in the middle east died for my sins and rose again after 3 days (dafuq shocked).
Some still take that myth serious though.

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by nazablossom(f): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2017
That madam koi koi story really put the fear of God in me. That India verses Nigeria's match eh, the person that invented that story need to enter Guinness book of record .

5 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by AmaechiLinus(m): 11:23am On Jun 06, 2017
When i was growing up, i was told not to blow whistle at night because the spirit of the dead people will answer and then I will disappear to join them
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2017
Horlahmah:
If you look at the moon at night. There is a shape like a woman sitting and working.

Side 1: I was told the woman was caught up by the moon while she was cutting wood with axe at night.

Side 2: the woman was caught up while she was working on Sunday.

Hmm dis one i never try am o
If you like a girl, put seven dead flies on her piss, she will be following you everywhere.
hahaha... I remember the story of the woman in the sun vividly.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Ego2(f): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2017
if you sit on a mortar you'd never grow tall;(, now I'm 5'2 Beht why.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sweetlaw: 11:26am On Jun 06, 2017
if you drink coconut water, ur brain will be dumb

if a lizard crosses under ur legs, u will get pregnant

if an ugly person crosses ur leg while u are pregnant, u wl give birth to an ugly baby

if u hear ur name, without seeing anybody dont answer, otherwise, u will turn into a ghost

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Fashanu's Daughter Reveals Grim Family Secret / Black Man And White Woman Have 4 Children And They Are All Different / Marriage And Zodiac Sign Compability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.