Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up (11707 Views)

Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up / Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child / Who Has Heard About Turbo Max Blue, Does It Truely Makes Penis Bigger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sekem: 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Enezoza:

Believe in that Jewish Man wholeheartedly and you will never wonder again.

I wish it was that easy embarassed
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
sukkot:
mayne this def the year fasho. gotta come kick it with yall. maybe yall can show me the finest mamaput restaurants and the best suya spots. i need some of that grin

you said the same thing last year, and the year before.

as for suya spots, no one does it better than Glover court suya on Glover road, Ikoyi.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sukkot: 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joavid:

as for suya spots, no one does it better than Glover court suya on Glover road, Ikoyi.
thats wassup. maybe you can show me this spot ehn ? i need some of that with garri grin grin
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
sukkot:
thats wassup. maybe you can show me this spot ehn ? i need some of that with garri grin grin

yes o. they've got beef, chicken, shaki, gizzard suya.

been in Lagos all my life, and they're the best.

As for mamaput joints, come to the mainland, that's where we at grin
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sukkot: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
Joavid:

yes o. they've got beef, chicken, shaki, gizzard suya.

been in Lagos all my life, and they're the best.

As for mamaput joints, come to the mainland, that's where we at grin
hmmm hmm hmmm lawd ave mercy, gurl you got a nigga mouth all salivating undecided
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
sukkot:
hmmm hmm hmmm lawd ave mercy, gurl you got a nigga mouth all salivating undecided

grin grin
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by 2scorehigh(m): 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
I was told that India was banned from world soccer because they were using jazz to win their opponents with as much fifty goals to nothing.

The story has it that when an Indian player kicks the ball towards Nigeria's goal post, the ball will turn into a solid and huge rock and will be traveling with such a speed that the helpless Nigerian goalkeeper will just take cover before the rock will smash his head into pieces.

Funny thing is, I believed all that!

Children can be so gullible. grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by olowobaba10: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
geronimoedeh1:
The bible...God ...jesus...
worst lies ever
YOU'RE JUST STUPID AND DUMB
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by mattmogan88: 3:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
sitting on a stone will pause ur growth forever

they said that there is first and second undertaker
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Shafiiimran99: 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
If u c 2 fowl wey dey fight don't separate them otherwise u no go get power. If person eat at eat at door step he no go bellefull
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Riduane: 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
As a kid, I was told the red sea had some elements of magnets and that it disrupt flights going to Makkah, and that in most cases flights end up being attracted into the sea. I used to be so terrified of this not knowing it was a silly myth. sad
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by corpershun: 4:20pm On Jun 06, 2017
If someone crosses your legs, your child would look like the person.

Throw your tooth up the roof with 7 stones if not it wouldn't grow.

Put a strand of your cloth on your head when having hiccups...tried this and it worked for me
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2017
corpershun:

If someone crosses your legs, your child would look like the person.

Throw your tooth up the roof with 7 stones if not it wouldn't grow.

Put a strand of your cloth on your head when having hiccups...tried this and it worked for me
hehehe.... The one I observe for hiccups is: "gulp some quantity of water sporadically 10 times
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by juman(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
They used to say nigeria go better.

Obviously it turn out to be big lie.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Enezoza(f): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2017
sekem:

I wish it was that easy embarassed
Why do you find it difficult?
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by drugwise: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wen u see 2 corks fighting, look for an ants hole, place a stick of broom in d hole and d fowls go fight tire!
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by MAURI: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
@Joavid,

Some people dey waka o. hmm lipsrsealed

Yeah, my friend took me to that joint like 5 years ago when I was in Nigeria o. 2 years later we were there again, the building was under construction and the suya guys continued there operations on the street. Still come and see expensive cars & lovely people o. Cool joint though.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
MAURI:
@Joavid,

Some people dey waka o. hmm lipsrsealed

Yeah, my friend took me to that joint like 5 years ago when I was in Nigeria o. 2 years later we were there again, the building was under construction and the suya guys continued there operations on the street. Still come and see expensive cars & lovely people o. Cool joint though.

that's were the rich folks get suya. Foreigners as well.

Even my Indian friend who can't eat beef in India eats that suya.

it's the best.

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by YourCoffin: 11:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
spartan117:

Jesus loves you

He never hated me nor I him
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by YourCoffin: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
Thunderdick:
YOUR COFFIN IS ALREADY IN YOUR ROOM

Bia Thunderdick na Thunderpussy go kill you and I will shape your coffin like that of a pussy
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by spartan117(m): 12:52am On Jun 07, 2017
YourCoffin:

He never hated me nor I him
he didn't stop at not hating u, he went on to love you and die 4 you
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by sekem: 8:13am On Jun 07, 2017
Enezoza:

Why do you find it difficult?

Okay, now here's the thing

First of all, I'm a guy and you know what they say about guys being logical? In my own case, I'm extremely logical. What doesn't make sense doesn't make sense to me

Then secondly, I'm a scientist and you know what they say about scientists being factual? Good.

So when you put these two together, you can easily where I'm coming from and why I can easily tell you that the whole Christ story from his miraculous virgin birth down to his miraculous rising up from the dead not to mention his miraculous ascension into heaven could best be described as nothing but a well packaged mythical hoax.

If I were to be a "faith" person, it would have been easier to buy

But I am totally faithless

You got facts, logic, reasoning, proofs... then bring it on!
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Dessydemmy: 3:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
redbeans:
cheesy. Funny enough I still feel uncomfortable when someone crosses my legs

Can't stop laughing because I remembered I did so when I was pregnant too.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
Dessydemmy:

Can't stop laughing because I remembered I did so when I was pregnant too.
I.Catchu smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Thunderdick(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
YourCoffin:

Bia Thunderdick na Thunderpussy go kill you and I will shape your coffin like that of a pussy
grin
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Sfateema(f): 10:43am On Jun 10, 2017
If you put a stick of broom, or a small stone in your armpits, or at the back of your ears, and someone beats you, you'd faint.

When your teacher wants to beat you, and you pull some strands of your eye lashes in the teacher's shoes, he/ she would forget ( I used to wonder how you can manage to do that).

You must not look at your shadow in the night.

Etc.
Re: Share Some Myths You Heard While Growing Up by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sfateema:
If you put a stick of broom, or a small stone in your armpits, or at the back of your ears, and someone beats you, you'd faint.

When your teacher wants to beat you, and you pull some strands of your eye lashes in the teacher's shoes, he/ she would forget ( I used to wonder how you can manage to do that).

You must not look at your shadow in the night.

Etc.
shocked so many lies.. Our parents sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Man And White Woman Have 4 Children And They Are All Different / John Fashanu's Daughter Reveals Grim Family Secret / Marriage And Zodiac Sign Compability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.