Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 (22922 Views)

This Are The Things You Need To Check When Buying A Used Phone / 5 Things To Consider When Buying A New Smartphone. / Things To Consider When Buying Smartphones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Sodia(m): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2017
Android phones today have really grown into what i would call them being mightier than ever, might in the sense that you see android phones today with very crazy specifications that you yourself could take a re-think sometimes though, like men... is this possible? lol..

5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017

Close your eyes and open it again because you weren't dreaming when you saw that recent specs of the android phone of your dream. But actually i would say this advancements in android devices has really been of good, you know a lot are changing and some technology has to advance one way or the other.

In 2017, since January up till date, so many things have evolved especially changes in the production of tech products, so many things, features and specifications of most mobile phones and gadgets have also taken a new look so because of these one or two changes in the tech market today, it is important to check some certain things before buying any tech product most especially android devices.

Though many may have their different picks and may not want to agree with me one way or the other, so i tried as much as possible to be very modest in my picks.

Advancements in innovations such as processing power, smart applications, net connection, more memory area and increased battery power are moving smart device and tablet market to new heights than ever. With a lot of choices offered, it is becoming more of a tough task to purchase the ideal mobile phone that suits you. Here are 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017. And i will be discussing them according to their importance!

1. Battery Life
How long my phone will last will determine how well i would use it. Sincerely if my phone battery life is short it would really discouraged me from using it always because anytime i am using it i would be thinking of how to charge, but what if am in a place where electricity is poor? Of course you may say i should have gotten a POWER BANK now, but seriously get a power bank, when major battery spoilers now in the tech markets are power banks. This is the more reason the first thing and most important thing you note before buying any phone is the battery life, or as some may put it battery capacity. Now what type of battery capacity are we taking of, well i might be more direct on Android phones here because iPhone and Blackberry batteries are very good and compatible with the sort of phone produced for, but many have issues with Android phones, mostly though because Android phones do run lots of applications simultaneously because of course Android is all about applications so because of this the battery might tend to drain faster compared to iPhone or Blackberry devices. When looking at the battery capacity of any phone before buying it, make sure the battery capacity specification is at least 2500mAh minimum, with such battery capacity specification, you should expect a phone usage of 6-8 hours even with browsing, watching of movies and musics.

2. Camera Quality
The second thing to check note before buying any android phone is the camera quality. We all like good picture qualities and great snapshots to upload on our social media pages. Though some may say i am not going for a phone because of this camera, that there are other important features about a phone without camera, but the thing is you can't talk about a phone without talking about its camera quality. No matter how one may say camera is not important or one is not interested in it, it will get to a them you will need to take some important photos like files or documents to upload instead of scanning them and now the quality of the phone's camera comes to play. So what are you going to do? Borrow A phone? Its advisable to look at the camera quality before you buy any smartphone, camera specification should be at least 8MP megapixel rear or back camera and also 2MP front camera and with Flash enabled too.

3. The Display Screen Size
The third thing is the screen size, visual experience plays a crucial role in identifying the quality of an item. This makes screen size a significant feature to search for when purchasing either mobile phone or a tablet. An ideal screen to some extent can overshadow the flaws in a design. Screen is also the single most costly and crucial hardware part in a smartphone and tablet. It is also cool when playing games and watching movies, you would love a very wide screen foe that. So the minimum screen size you should go for on any phone is at least 5" inch.

4. Memory Capacity
Another is the phone's memory capacity. A phone with a very low memory cannot be enjoyed. The two features of a memory in a phone is its RAM and ROM, the RAM is one important stuff you have to check out, it helps a lot as with a very large RAM on your phone you can open as many applications simultaneously with experiencing problems on phone hangs or speed. Well a minimum of a 2GB RAM is best foe any phone you are going to buy but though 1GB is not bad too. For the ROM, this is the storage/phone memory, its very important to store files on your phone for mobile accessibility and also with a huge ROM, more files can be stored, movies, pictures, musics and a whole lot more. Make sure you choose a phone with a ROM of at least 16GB.

5. Price
Lastly is the price of the phone. You might have tauted that perhaps the price should come first, but its better when it comes last because when ever one sees a phone especially Internet users, we first checkout the various specifications like those i have listed above, before one even can check the price. So the price is the last stuff to deal with as it finalise the deal. Well depending on the location or country, prices may range for different products, so its advisable to compare prices of similar phones to the one you are considering of buying then you can now know if its okay, so you can purchase it!

Hope you loved my pick and was able to get one or two things you might need ti start considering before buying that phone.

#Frontpage please @admin

Source:- http://www.safaxnet.com.ng/2017/06/5-things-check-buying-android-phones.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Sodia(m): 11:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Front page things nah at admin, i think this post deserves one!
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by KELVIN086: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2017
ok
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Lataability(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2017
Four things to check when choosen for where to treat ur wound

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
My phone has it all......well, almost everything!!
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by folly22(f): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Noted
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by veacea: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Buying phone in this recession? Ko le werk mehn
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by smartty68(m): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Nice.
The specs I look out for;
1. Battery 3000mAh (minimum)
2. RAM 2GB (minimum)
3. Processor 1.5GHz (minimum)
4. Camera 13mp (minimum - though ain't photo freak, just for scanning purposes)
5. 1k resolution (1280x720 minimum)
6. 5.5" display (5.0" minimum)
7. OS version KitKat (minimum)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
2MP front camera undecided in this selfie age

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by DAramis: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2017
Nice one
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by tabithababy(f): 9:00am On Jun 04, 2017
Please who knows about Samsung grand prime sold around 46k, I want to buy it but I don't know if its okay
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by BuzzRay(m): 9:01am On Jun 04, 2017
Nice
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Olukokosir(m): 9:05am On Jun 04, 2017
Kuku kill me. Selfie age gt me rolling

Wiseandtrue:

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by LexngtonSteele: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2017
tabithababy:
Please who knows about Samsung grand prime sold around 46k, I want to buy it but I don't know if its okay

I was very unimpressed with Core Prime and J3 (2016).

Wish you the best with Grand Prime. The price looks relatively good. Hope you are not buying a used phone? I personally prefer to buy a brand new 10k phone to buying a used 100k one.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Techm8: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2017
Nice piece. Camera quality was why opted for the Camon CX.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2017
No 2 is the deal. I love selfies and with my Tecno Camon CX equipped with 16MP front camera, I didn't choose wrongly cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by sbashir10(m): 9:10am On Jun 04, 2017
OP don't forget about the look of the phone, I'll rather buy an iphone that is beautiful, than buy nokia 3310 with all the above listed

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by olawizkid: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2017
tabithababy:
let me sell one for u at 55k cool
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2017
As a heavy user, for me, battery life is very important, more reason why I followed advice from fellow Nairalanders by opting for the Tecno L9+

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by DesChyko: 9:11am On Jun 04, 2017
grin
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Dandsome: 9:13am On Jun 04, 2017
cheesy
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:13am On Jun 04, 2017
Olukokosir:
Kuku kill me. Selfie age gt me rolling

Lol! Na true nau
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 04, 2017
smartty68:
Nice. The specs I look out for; 1. Battery 3000mAh (minimum) 2. RAM 2GB (minimum) 3. Processor 1.5GHz (minimum) 4. Camera 13mp (minimum - though ain't photo freak, just for scanning purposes) 5. 1k resolution (1280x720 minimum) 6. 5.5" display (5.0" minimum)
Os version nko ?
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Dtarmon(m): 9:18am On Jun 04, 2017
The most important aspect of mobile phones has been left out and that's the processing power.
Personally I can't stand Phones with Mediatek Processors. Examples
We keep hearing Infinix, TECNO and others are making cheaper high end phones with 4gb RAM, batteries higher than 3000mAh and fingerprint scanners. But this same phones can't hold apps in memory.
Conclusion
Phone has to have a good processing power, snapdragon I mean.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Edopesin: 9:27am On Jun 04, 2017
Battery Capacity

Ram

Version

Camera

finish

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by smartty68(m): 9:28am On Jun 04, 2017
Charlescobi:

Os version nko ?
The specs speaks the version cheesy
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Beedude(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2017
chijioke065:
having the mind to win and making money call or whatsapp me with the number in the picture below.....
Why not stake all ur savings and even borrow money to play today? U don't need to parade betslip here man. Jungle don mature. If u win this kind money yesterday u won't be here asking for 15k or 5k. People beware of this scam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Behankey(m): 9:29am On Jun 04, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
When Tecno's Camon CX has 16mp. 2 mp too small o.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Realboygenius(m): 9:31am On Jun 04, 2017
Bro maybe you're living in the Stone age....Mediatek also produce a lot of high end processing power....I guess you have not since a device with Helio X20 or X25.... amazing devices..most Snapdragon processor are not as battery efficient as their Mediatek counterpart. I use a Camon CX with Helio P10 processor with just 3200mah battery but last longer than anything even on heavy usage.
Dtarmon:
The most important aspect of mobile phones has been left out and that's the processing power.
Personally I can't stand Phones with Mediatek Processors. Examples
We keep hearing Infinix, TECNO and others are making cheaper high end phones with 4gb RAM, batteries higher than 3000mAh and fingerprint scanners. But this same phones can't hold apps in memory.
Conclusion
Phone has to have a good processing power, snapdragon I mean.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by paolokonqueror(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2017
Great Read
Re: 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017 by Worksunlimited: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2017
Sodia:
Android phones today have really grown into what i would call them being mightier than ever, might in the sense that you see android phones today with very crazy specifications that you yourself could take a re-think sometimes though, like men... is this possible? lol..

Close your eyes and open it again because you weren't dreaming when you saw that recent specs of the android phone of your dream. But actually i would say this advancements in android devices has really been of good, you know a lot are changing and some technology has to advance one way or the other.

In 2017, since January up till date, so many things have evolved especially changes in the production of tech products, so many things, features and specifications of most mobile phones and gadgets have also taken a new look so because of these one or two changes in the tech market today, it is important to check some certain things before buying any tech product most especially android devices.

Though many may have their different picks and may not want to agree with me one way or the other, so i tried as much as possible to be very modest in my picks.

Advancements in innovations such as processing power, smart applications, net connection, more memory area and increased battery power are moving smart device and tablet market to new heights than ever. With a lot of choices offered, it is becoming more of a tough task to purchase the ideal mobile phone that suits you. Here are 5 Things To Check When Buying An Android In 2017. And i will be discussing them according to their importance!

1. Battery Life
How long my phone will last will determine how well i would use it. Sincerely if my phone battery life is short it would really discouraged me from using it always because anytime i am using it i would be thinking of how to charge, but what if am in a place where electricity is poor? Of course you may say i should have gotten a POWER BANK now, but seriously get a power bank, when major battery spoilers now in the tech markets are power banks. This is the more reason the first thing and most important thing you note before buying any phone is the battery life, or as some may put it battery capacity. Now what type of battery capacity are we taking of, well i might be more direct on Android phones here because iPhone and Blackberry batteries are very good and compatible with the sort of phone produced for, but many have issues with Android phones, mostly though because Android phones do run lots of applications simultaneously because of course Android is all about applications so because of this the battery might tend to drain faster compared to iPhone or Blackberry devices. When looking at the battery capacity of any phone before buying it, make sure the battery capacity specification is at least 2500mAh minimum, with such battery capacity specification, you should expect a phone usage of 6-8 hours even with browsing, watching of movies and musics.

2. Camera Quality
The second thing to check note before buying any android phone is the camera quality. We all like good picture qualities and great snapshots to upload on our social media pages. Though some may say i am not going for a phone because of this camera, that there are other important features about a phone without camera, but the thing is you can't talk about a phone without talking about its camera quality. No matter how one may say camera is not important or one is not interested in it, it will get to a them you will need to take some important photos like files or documents to upload instead of scanning them and now the quality of the phone's camera comes to play. So what are you going to do? Borrow A phone? Its advisable to look at the camera quality before you buy any smartphone, camera specification should be at least 8MP megapixel rear or back camera and also 2MP front camera and with Flash enabled too.

3. The Display Screen Size
The third thing is the screen size, visual experience plays a crucial role in identifying the quality of an item. This makes screen size a significant feature to search for when purchasing either mobile phone or a tablet. An ideal screen to some extent can overshadow the flaws in a design. Screen is also the single most costly and crucial hardware part in a smartphone and tablet. It is also cool when playing games and watching movies, you would love a very wide screen foe that. So the minimum screen size you should go for on any phone is at least 5" inch.

4. Memory Capacity
Another is the phone's memory capacity. A phone with a very low memory cannot be enjoyed. The two features of a memory in a phone is its RAM and ROM, the RAM is one important stuff you have to check out, it helps a lot as with a very large RAM on your phone you can open as many applications simultaneously with experiencing problems on phone hangs or speed. Well a minimum of a 2GB RAM is best foe any phone you are going to buy but though 1GB is not bad too. For the ROM, this is the storage/phone memory, its very important to store files on your phone for mobile accessibility and also with a huge ROM, more files can be stored, movies, pictures, musics and a whole lot more. Make sure you choose a phone with a ROM of at least 16GB.

5. Price
Lastly is the price of the phone. You might have tauted that perhaps the price should come first, but its better when it comes last because when ever one sees a phone especially Internet users, we first checkout the various specifications like those i have listed above, before one even can check the price. So the price is the last stuff to deal with as it finalise the deal. Well depending on the location or country, prices may range for different products, so its advisable to compare prices of similar phones to the one you are considering of buying then you can now know if its okay, so you can purchase it!

Hope you loved my pick and was able to get one or two things you might need ti start considering before buying that phone.

#Frontpage please @admin

Source:- http://www.safaxnet.com.ng/2017/06/5-things-check-buying-android-phones.html

Imagine the fuckery....

You no even talk soc, processor clock speed, 4g connectivity, etc...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures From Tecno Spark Party In Lagos / Tied Of Calling 180 You Can Reach Mtn Customer Care Via Whatsapp / Which Internet Is Best For Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.