Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Use Of 'your' In Place Of 'you're' Is One Of The Negative Impact Of Social Media - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Use Of 'your' In Place Of 'you're' Is One Of The Negative Impact Of Social Media (338 Views)

Faculty Of Social Sciences Benue State University Building Collapses / Positive Or Negative Impact Of Science And Technology On Our Lives? / Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use Of 'your' In Place Of 'you're' Is One Of The Negative Impact Of Social Media by davodyguy: 12:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
I've been wondering for a while now, if this trending pattern of writing is actually deliberate or a result of ignorance.

I read different posts on social media and even read messages from my social media contacts and see people type

Your Welcome

Your the one that told me

Your there when it happened

Your be held responsible, if anything goes wrong.

I can only shake my head and imagine why our standard is really dropping.

Hear this

There is a difference between your and you’re

Even people from US and Great Britain often make mistakes with these two words.

Your is a possessive – it means something belongs to you.

This is your book

Seun Osewa, this is your website.

Mukina2 is this your house?

On the other hand:

The word you’re is short for “you are.”

Wow Mukina2 you’re beautiful: it is same as Mukina2 You are beautiful

Seun you’re smart: Same thing as Seun you are smart,

Banker you’re welcome: Same thing as Banker you are welcome.

I hope we can learn from this and stop typing 'Your' Welcome'

lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Use Of 'your' In Place Of 'you're' Is One Of The Negative Impact Of Social Media by lalaboi(m): 12:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
People have been mixing this and several other contractions long before social media. . Everyone wants to blame Social Media for everything.

(1) (Reply)

How International Students Can Apply For Work And Residence Permits In Germany / Unilag Postgraduate Form On Sale / See What Noun VC Said About Graduating Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.