Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (58300 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? / Selfless Dad! See How A Man Tried To Save His Family From The Houston Flood / Lovely Dad! See What A Father Did To Celebrate His Daughter's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nnetriplet: 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
am already married to one

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by roqrules04(m): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
See as all of them dey say No No.. like say na Christ dey Wan marry undecided
Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by genieluv(f): 9:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
ioreth69:
yea they all repent wen dey r old n frail.

Daaaa, the most annoying part!
After causing so much problems, heartbreaks n troubles in their young age. They will now repent in their old age, carrying a big bible as if that was the way they always were. lol grin scammers

15 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by juman(m): 9:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
Many nigerian fathers are not trying enough as dad.

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by genieluv(f): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
Holly Majority of African fathers have failed cos most of them still believed in some archaic cultures of their african fore-fathers like polygamy, male superiority n strict female subserviency n inferiority.

Fathers of this modern age will definitely be better as westernization is becoming more pronounced and modern african men are becoming more monogamous, affectionate n female supportive, respecting women's rights more.

10 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by ioreth69(f): 9:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
genieluv:

Daaaa, the most annoying part!
After causing so much problems, heartbreaks n troubles in their young age. They will now repent in their old age, carrying a big bible as if that was the way they always were. lol grin scammers
na their way o

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by shumuel(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
If i was a lady, then i would have said ''Yes'' to half of him; that quiet, simple & gentle part of him, but ''No'' to the other half, the annoying and bad mouthed part of him, mehn..! That man get wahala i swear, he even made me shed tears two years ago, no my birthday o, imagine him picking on me for not being married, and he sabi use bad powerful words that would make you commit suicide grin.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by dominique(f): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
These responses further proves that Nigerian men are failing in their husbandly and fatherly duties. Most of them treat their wives like dirt and are too unnecessarily strict on their children. Yet they're quick to heap the blame of a failing marriage on the wife. In their old age, they start complaining bitterly of neglect from the people they treated so poorly. Who says there's no such thing as karma?

Ask the guys if they will want to marry women like their mums, 99% of them will say YES. Yet they will say it's the women that cause problems in marriages.

@topic. Yes though he was strict but he made sure we never lacked, never turned my mum to a punching bag and wasn't a cheater (to the best of my knowledge). But he can nag for Africa and beyond and a neat freak. No matter how hard you clean the house, he will still find a spot you missed. Overall, he's not a bad person to live with.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by LaurelP(m): 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
I think there is something that fathers are not doing right, or rather many things.
Just check the popularity of Mother's Day and that of Father's Day.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Lionofdjungle: 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
midehi2:

very cute, he just love beautiful things grin
You are funny and mature; l thught you would react negatively to that statement.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by swtcharissa(f): 9:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
U
Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nofuckgiven: 9:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
OK. I would not like to marry my dad's womanising part but I will definitely marry his generous part tongue
Truth is most of our mothers tell us their daughters these stories,but because of blood we just let it be. Most Nigerian men are the reason for their failed families!! Once they start cheating,from there it is down south! undecided
Dont blame younger generation single mothers for making the choice they made. Change is constant!! cool
Kudos to my mum for still staying because of us like most mothers of older generation grin

4 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by genieluv(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
dominique:
These responses further proves that Nigerian men are failing in their husbandly and fatherly duties. Most of them treat their wives like dirt and are too unnecessarily strict on their children. Yet they're quick to heap the blame of a failing marriage on the wife. In their old age, they start complaining bitterly of neglect from the people they treated so poorly. Who says there's no such thing as karma?

Ask the guys if they will want to marry women like their mums, 99% of them will say YES. Yet they will say it's the women that cause problems in marriages.

Most of these problems of African fathers n dislike by their offsprings for them is owed to the African culture where real men are to be seen as strictly unnafectionate, uncaring, polygamous n absolutely domineering.
Any lack of these traits and u are ridiculed as a 'woman wrapper' by your fellow men.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nofuckgiven: 9:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
dominique:

Actually, it is the women who have failed to raise responsible men who treat women the way they want the women to treat them. Even the Bible said,do unto others what you have them do to you!

5 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Blade21: 9:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
my dad wAs actually my yard stick to choose my husband almost all the qualities my dad have is in my husband my daddy is the best dad in the whole wide world my biggest achievement in life will be to build him a mansion someday. I LOVE YOU MY PRECIOUS LOVE

11 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by genieluv(f): 9:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
Most of our African fathers were brought up to believe that real men are supposed to be Alpha- males.

Traits of alpha males - Polygamous, unnafectionate, unemotional, brutal, assertive and low esteem/discrimination of females!

These are the reasons majority of we young african women of today will not wish for our fathers' kinds. We are more westernized smiley

9 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Mujtahida: 9:52pm On Jun 03, 2017
missyadorable:
My reply : Hell NO!
I rather marry Lucifer than a man like my father
God forbid evil,I reject it even for my enemies in Jesus' name.Amen
You are really impassioned about this. How was he? Free your Dad and free yourself. Since you hate him so much if you don't free him you might recreate him in your man. Just saying. I wish you all the best in your relationship

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by profhezekiah: 9:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Oyindidi:
That's the only thing I don't like about my dad, my mom was the last wife. That man is the most generous man I've ever seen. My man is opp of my dad sad
Mrs/miss U cant predict a man,most men are great men,bitter experience from their wives changed most of them,if ur man at his own detriment try to provide U with everything U want,it may nt continue after wedding or U don't appreciate him during relationship or U hurt him so deep,dont sleep with ur eyes close, about 98% men will surely retaliate and revenge evil done against them in dating.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by LordHelpMe(f): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
No. God forbid o. I cnt even wish him for an enemy.
sometimes, I wonder how love works in those days, how can my mum marry such a man?

I don't want a man like my dad ooooo, Lord help me

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Mujtahida: 10:04pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
I can't Marry a woman who doesn't love her father...

Nonsense...
Because by a strange psychological twist they will end up creating their father out of you. Inspite of the hatred they can't live without him and so they recreate him in the men in their lives.
Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by airex(m): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
dayo2me:
i av wat ur dad has, so lemme ...
Why are you just disturbing people up and down?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by cococandy(f): 10:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Actually, it is the women who have failed to raise responsible men who treat women the way they want the women to treat them. Even the Bible said,do unto others what you have them do to you!
Actually men have a role to play in raising their sons too.

As for the question, mine is no

17 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by ABbless(m): 10:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
I'll advice most of them to settle for men like their dad, cos guys of today will be worse when they get married. Look at what we have today- yahoo boys, weed smokers, alcoholics, Bet9ja punters, upcoming artistes, pink lips boys etc.

Are the girls any better?

excuse me but what is wrong with upcoming artistes??

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2017
Did I just see Estharfabian ? Chai! I have to watch my back around here. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Ngokafor(f): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Na wah o.

Children are always heartless towards their dads. If guys were asked if they could marry a woman like their mother, the only few objections would be that they would like the lady to be finer than their mum. grin

Hardly would they be any other objections.

..That is not true..The truth of the matter is that the average Nigerian father has failed in every ramification when it comes to living up to expectation as a husband and father...Most are just too irresponsible it is scary..

..Thats why in Nigeria,both males and females prefer their mothers to their fathers by far...fact

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
airex:
Why are you just disturbing people up and down?
did u just say people? have i disturbed you, when, how, and what have i said that disturb your heart from regular beating?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by dominique(f): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

They must find a way to blame the woman, typical!
So it's only the mother that raises the child right? Fathers just sit down, fold their arms and bark orders at everybody. Truth is, most of those men grew up watching their dad treat their mums like dirt. They see it as a normal thing and act same way towards their wives. Also, the type of friends they keep determines their behaviour. Men should set a good example by treating their wives right so their sons can learn from them.

19 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
I swear I can't marry a woman who doesn't love her father, you don't like him then how would you like me?

Stupid untrained girls everywhere, I spit on y'all

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
I will not wish him to marry my worst enemy, he was a disgrace and all his kids regretted having him as a father.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yes love my fathers Temprament and communication skills especially he can make me laugh well

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by Klington: 10:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
With these points of theirs, we can unequivocally say that the Nooooos have...... Ladies and hypocrisy are like ants n sugar. Lemme cum n be going.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave by ALVA001: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
genieluv:
Holly Majority of African fathers have failed cos most of them still believed in some archaic cultures of their african fore-fathers like polygamy, male superiority n strict female subserviency n inferiority.

Fathers of this modern age will definitely be better as westernization is becoming more pronounced and modern african men are becoming more monogamous, affectionate n female supportive, respecting women's rights more.
Really! you mean the ones killing their wives.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Single Mother Describes The Joystick Of Her Neighbour's Husband / Man Backs His Baby To A Bank In Port-Harcourt. Photos / Help!!! Missing Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.