Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:50 AM

Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? (20198 Views)

Zimbabwean Man's Testicle Explodes, Dies After Sex Session With Married Woman / Man With Biggest Testicle Graphic Pictures / Can A Man With One Testicle Reproduce Or Have A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
Doctors in the house, I need your candid contribution....

a boy in our neighborhood fell from a very high mango tree and in the process broke one of his testis, he is in the hospital now, so this sparked an argument between my peers and I, many were of the opinion that biologically(religious people pls steer off) he can't father a child again, I debunked them saying that his other testicle can still function properly...

I need your answers pls...

serious people please...

cc: seun lalasticlala mynd44 et al.
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by ellagabs(f): 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
it simz 2 me u r dat boi...
ur blocus don damage aeya

HOW MARKET? OP embarassed

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by NwaAmaikpe: 2:11pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin
It depends on the size of his remaining testis.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by ikbnice(m): 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP don lost one of his testicles. But lemme assist you with this links ;
1. http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/will-just-one-testicle-tamper-sex-life-and-fatherhood

2. http://www.issm.info/sexual-health-qa/how-might-removal-of-one-or-both-testicles-affect-a-mans-sex-life/
Now you can stop worrying and start having a sound sleep devoid of nightmares

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by idris4r83(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
Yes of couse. When one testicle is removed, there is usually no effect on a man's sexual function. Most of the time, the remaining testicle produces enough testosterone and sperm to compensate for the testicle that is not there. Therefore, the man should still be able to get an erection and ejaculate as he did before and successfully father a child.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by brunofarad(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin

Op, who lost one tennis ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by rexbuton: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
yes
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by oluphilip2008(f): 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
A man is born with two testicles, he will produce sperm and semen in both. Tubes connect the testes to the penis where semen and sperm are moved out of the body during ejaculation. If one testicle is not present at birth or if one is removed at some point in life, the other testicle takes over semen and sperm production.

There could be reduced semen production as a result of having only one testicle, and sometimes it depends on why there is only one testis, but fertility is not affected in most cases. Let’s take a look at this in numerical terms. Sperm production in excess of 20 million per sample is considered normal. If a man produces 100 million sperm with two testicles and that number is cut in half due to the loss of one testicle, sperm production is still within normal levels. However, the remaining testicle will pick up sperm production so the total number of sperm may not be halved in a real life situation, so more than 50 million sperm could be produced in reality.

What About Those Rare Cases?
Sure, there are rare cases where testicle removal or being born with only one testicle affects fertility, but it takes only one sperm to fertilize the egg, so any production is good enough for conception with assisted technology, in most cases.

If you feel you could be producing less sperm than needed to conceive and you’ve been having problems with fertility, a spermanalysis can put your mind at ease. Sometimes, the cause of infertility has nothing to do with sperm production at all, but it’s nice to see the normal numbers on paper and may be enough to reduce stress and increase your chances of natural conception.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by SalamRushdie: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2017
Sure you can ..but why did you sell yours Na?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by temitemi1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
visit the nearest hospital cool

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by titsqueez(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
If its a boy he may end up being 'half' the man his father was
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by lenghtinny(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
ellagabs:
it simz 2 me u r dat boi...
ur blocus don damage aeya

gringringrin

5 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by clefstone(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
yes he can.

I remember then in UBTH when a young boy presented with a case of torsion testes where the cord holding the testes twists around itself thereby impeding blood supply to d testes. The consultant urologist was very worried because the young man had lost his other testes to a similar torsion.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
Most men with two balls can't father a child and can't have simple erection, let alone a boy with one testicle, op, he is impotent, he should start practicing Fagg.otism, no hope grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by itsIYKE(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ya...but your children will be half in size lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Dbestmax(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Nairaland will only bring u mockery broda.. Jst go online and research I believe u wud get doctors or health sites that would give u straight answers.. Don't come fool your sef here...
Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by lenghtinny(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
titsqueez:
If its a boy he may end up being 'half' the man his father was

Quarter nko?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by jointboy: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
There are doctors for these things.. Go to a hospital with professional doctors and ask.. Better still ask Google

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by mrkings84(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
As a prophet of God, I say yes. Cos with God all things are possible!

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
This comes to mind

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by nnewa: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
Abi u wan arrange for am. E tell u say im no fit do or say im want pikin
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Wizkhalifa2(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
I remember when I was a kid, my neighbors brother had 3 testes shocked
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Adebayo4all: 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
OP u own no complete?
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by ANNOY(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
You should
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by jmoore(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2017
A phone that comes with 2 slots for sim cards, can you make call with just one sim in it?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by slurryeye2: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
Some people take everything as joke

As quoted from from this source

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/will-just-one-testicle-tamper-sex-life-and-fatherhood

"Medically, as long as you're healthy, and producing adequate viable sperm in your remaining testicle, your lone testicle will not impact your sex life or ability to have children".
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by umuna(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Sure you can ..but why did you sell yours Na?
Sharp guy cool grin
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Psittacus(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
ellagabs:
it simz 2 me u r dat boi... ur blocus don damage aeya
You wan help his ministry?
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by burkingx(f): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin

Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by engrpheleeks(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hay God... which Kain wahala be dis?
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by Franchise21(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hmm
Re: Can A Man Father A Child With One Testicle? by san316(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hmm. Interesting.

It is possible to father a child with one testicle since it can produce sperm that can swim well.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FCCPC Seals Apples And Pears Store For Selling Unwholesome Products / Two-year-old Boy Diagnosed With Cloves Syndrome / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.