Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,747 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software (5304 Views)

London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions / Uber Signs Deal With Volvo To Buy 24,000 Self-Driving SUVs For Taxi Fleet / Hyundai And Kia To Recall 240,000 Cars Over Whistleblower Complaint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Aldebaran(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Audi Widens Europe Diesel-Car Recall as Emission Woes Spread

•About 24,000 A8 sedans and A7 luxury coupes affected

•Munich prosecutors extend Audi probe to European models

Audi’s effort to emerge from the diesel scandal that has engulfed parent Volkswagen AG for more than a year suffered a setback as the luxury-car brand identified more cars in Europe that might breach emission rules.

Some 24,000 Audi flagship A8 sedans and A7 four-door coupes built between 2010 and 2013 will be recalled after “irregularities” were discovered in emission tests that indicated the cars might spew out as much as twice the pollution limits under some circumstances, Ingolstadt, Germany-based Audi said Thursday in an emailed statement.

“Engine speed can be influenced unfavorably by the gearbox software” in the affected cars, which can be made compliant with a software update that takes about 30 minutes, Audi said. The manufacturer agreed with German regulators on a recall that starts next month and affects 14,000 cars in its domestic market alone. Audi is in “constant contact with the relevant authorities,” a spokesman said by phone.

The fresh findings on Audi’s top models are a blow to a company that’s VW’s biggest profit contributor and therefore a vital component to absorb the hit from the diesel-emissions scandal that has cost the manufacturer 22.6 billion euros ($25.4 billion) so far. From the roughly 11 million diesel cars affected worldwide across the VW group, Audi has accounted for about 2.1 million vehicles until now.

Munich prosecutors responded to Thursday’s news by extending an existing Audi probe to include the additional models, prosecutors spokesman Ken Heidenreich said by phone. It’s the first time that office is investigating Audi cars sold in Europe, as the review so far has been limited to U.S. sales.

The revelation comes two weeks after Audi prolongedthe contract of Chief Executive Officer Rupert Stadler. VW Chairman Hans Dieter Poetsch said last month that investigations by external law firms haven’t brought any evidence that board members were aware of or involved in the illicit conduct.

Audi has been falling behind German rivals Mercedes-Benz and BMW AG in the global luxury-car race, and now ranks third in sales, having previously aspired to gain the top slot. German prosecutors are looking into Audi’s role in the cheating and have raided offices of the carmaker’s law firm that conducted an external probe into the roots of the engine rigging.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-01/audi-recalls-more-diesel-cars-in-europe-as-emission-woes-spread
Pics Credits-google.com

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by sukkot: 8:44am On Jun 04, 2017
cool stuff. i dedicate this FTC to all my babymamas

nice ride tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 04, 2017
When i read about all these 'recalling' of a thing..

I keep thanking God that he never 'recalled' anyone of us after he created heaven and earth.
I serve a living God!!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE!!

14 Likes

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by tillaman(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Dope ass machines
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Partnerbiz(f): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2017
See gbege
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by driand(m): 8:45am On Jun 04, 2017
angry

'Cheating' software you say...

Sounds like corruption to me...

Well since our self-acclaimed anti-corruption crusader(our vegetable) is also corrupt, then I guess corruption is not a crime..

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by brunofarad(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Good one

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by lilmax(m): 8:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Germans are recalling, what's happening?
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Dagaya(m): 8:47am On Jun 04, 2017
I just love Audi cars...their designs just leave me speechless.
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Masquerade7: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2017
Nice exterior
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by wayseir: 8:48am On Jun 04, 2017
Ok. Space booked.
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by ugochukwufrenzy: 8:49am On Jun 04, 2017
sukkot:

nice ride tho
audi are d best...
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Partnerbiz(f): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2017
Fine car
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by sukkot: 8:50am On Jun 04, 2017
ugochukwufrenzy:
audi are d best...
true indeed my kind sir
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by smartty68(m): 8:50am On Jun 04, 2017
I love Audi cars and their concept is dope wink
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by smartty68(m): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2017
tedi75:
its always a win win experience, why not take a step to boost your financial status today
You dey win everyday yet you still the find who to scam. Nansense

4 Likes

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 04, 2017
mrchukwuekezie0:
the best way to fight poverty

u this scammer.....
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Hysmady(m): 9:22am On Jun 04, 2017
All this nairabet people sev undecided
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by COvo(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2017
tedi75:
its always a win win experience, why not take a step to boost your financial status today
We don't want to win
Enjoy your winnings.
If you can win 400k daily why are you looking for people to pay you for games?
Scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2017
sukkot:

nice ride tho
I troway salute my kind sir!

How many baby mamas you got?
Re: Audi Ordered To Recall 24,000 Cars Running Diesel Emissions-Cheating Software by cyborg123(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2017
modelmike7:
When i read about all these 'recalling' of a thing..

I keep thanking God that he never 'recalled' anyone of us after he created heaven and earth.
I serve a living God!!

HAPPY SUNDAY TO EVERYONE!!

Seriously?

To what category do you put babies that die of genetic / birth defects?

Happy Sunday.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of The Hummer H1 Alpha As A Daily Driver In Lagos, Nigeria? / Custom Paper For A Car Purchased Brand New. / Auto Firms Threaten To Withdraw Palliatives Buses Over Non Payment By Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.