Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 (72078 Views)

UEFA Champions League Draw On 24th August 2017 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid: Super Cup (1 - 3) On 13th August 2017 / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Omooba77: 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
Real Madrid the winner of 12th UEFA Champions League will meet Europa champion Manchester United...
Today na Hala Madrid's night...

The 2017/18 season officially kicks off for Manchester United on Tuesday night with the UEFA Super Cup tie against Real Madrid and there is plenty of intrigue surrounding Jose Mourinho’s starting XI in Macedonia.
The manager has plenty of decisions to make following the successful pre-season tour of the United States and Europe, in which the Reds looked impressive, sharp and fit throughout seven warm-up matches.
Eric Bailly will definitely miss out through suspension after UEFA extended his initial one-match ban to three games, following the red card he received against Anderlecht at Old Trafford back in April. Phil Jones is also unavailable due to another UEFA punishment that was announced earlier this week.
Juan Mata and Ander Herrera were the only players who picked up injuries during Tour 2017, presented by Aon, but both of the Spain internationals are now back in action.
Sergio Romero and United's scorer in the last game against Real Madrid, Jesse Lingard, did not travel to Dublin for the seventh and final tour match - Wednesday's 2-1 win over Sampdoria at the Aviva Stadium - so it will be interesting to see if they will feature in Skopje.
Luke Shaw, Marcos Rojo and Ashley Young are all making good progress in their rehabilitation, but the trio are still long-term absentees and will only be able to cheer on their team-mates on Tuesday.
WILL RONALDO PLAY FOR REAL?
Former United star Cristiano Ronaldo has yet to play a pre-season match for Real Madrid because he was afforded an extended summer break, having represented Portugal at the Confederations Cup as recently as 2 July. After initial suggestions he would definitely not feature in Macedonia, the latest reports claim he is now training hard in a bid to be drafted back into the squad in time to face his old club and former manager.

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by emeijeh(m): 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
UEFA Super Cup: Teams: Real Madrid vs. Man Utd
Date: 8th August, 2017....
Venue: Philip II Arena.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Debroslink: 12:01am On Jun 04, 2017
Date's booked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Suspect33(m): 3:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
From bayern munich they jumped atletico, from there they jumped to celta vigo, from celta to sevilla, from sevilla to malaga, from malaga and from malaga they jumped to juventus.. Manchester united you know what to expect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by optional1(f): 9:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
make we jst siddon here first.

Goodluck to the two teams i can't bet my flat yansh and lime orange boobs for them..

But will like they end with penalty shoot out with CR7 throwing the ball over the bar..

5 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by TeamLeader(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Madrid 1 United 2. Watchout

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
TeamLeader:
Madrid 1 United 2. Watchout
This is one game that won't be a contest. You can take that to the bank. The only quality in the Man United team is David De Gea. We are talking decent teams, you're here predicting Madrid - United. We don't eat soups, let alone a draw one grin

16 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
optional1:
make we jst siddon here first.

Don't tell me you would throw your weight behind either of the teams because I know you hate bothcheesy
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
Suspect33:
From bayern munich they jumped atletico, from there they jumped to celta vigo, from celta to sevilla, from sevilla to malaga, from malaga and from malaga they jumped to juventus.. Manchester united you know what to expect.
It ceased being a contest the moment Casemeiro scored.

Quality wise, I don't see United surviving this. Mourinho's undoing would be to ask his boys to sit back and absorb Madrid's pressure. Park-the-bus doesn't and cannot work with a shooting team as ours. I see Marcelo, Bale and Carvajal gallivanting on the flanks.

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by optional1(f): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
Sanchez01:

Don't tell me you would throw your weight behind either of the teams because I know you hate bothcheesy

i smoke mess support fire

I really hate the two i wish they weren't the ones playing this match....

I cant support either of them.
Let the best win...
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Lakeside9(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
Madrid 0 vs 2 united wink

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by xynerise: 8:43pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is one game that won't be a contest. You can take that to the bank. The only quality in the Man United team is David De Gea. We are talking decent teams, you're here predicting Madrid - United. We don't eat soups, let alone a draw one grin

If I were you, I would keep quiet until the transfer window is closed. wink

10 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2017
xynerise:

If I were you, I would keep quiet until the transfer window is closed. wink
Lol... Transfer window? I'm sure you're expecting Bale and James Rodriguez in a hurry. Madrid is on the verge of signing Kylian Mbappe, but that does not imply the immediate sell out of Bale. Mbappe would be loaned to Monaco for a year, which would leave the right wing open for a year for Isco and Bale to fight over.

Here's the catch, if you're expecting Madrid to sell players to you ahead of a trophy-stake, then you're expecting the wrong thing. And even if they would, you would be paying the price of Pogba on Bale, if not more. As it stands, Man United is not willing to pay more on James than Madrid is asking.

One a more serious note, really, if there would a competition between teams, it is not this present United team VS the Present Madrid team. And the ironic part of every transfer window is that the club with the most noise end up signing little or nothing from the market, at least not the desired quality.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by xynerise: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol... Transfer window? I'm sure you're expecting Bale and James Rodriguez in a hurry. Madrid is on the verge of signing Kylian Mbappe, but that does not imply the immediate sell out of Bale. Mbappe would be loaned to Monaco for a year, which would leave the right wing open for a year for Isco and Bale to fight over.

Here's the catch, if you're expecting Madrid to sell players to you ahead of a trophy-stake, then you're expecting the wrong thing. And even if they would, you would be paying the price of Pogba on Bale, if not more. As it stands, Man United is not willing to pay more on James than Madrid is asking.

One a more serious note, really, if there would a competition between teams, it is not this present United team VS the Present Madrid team. And the ironic part of every transfer window is that the club with the most noise end up signing little or nothing from the market, at least not the desired quality.

Still looking for Morata on your post undecided

4 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
optional1:

i smoke mess support fire

I really hate the two i wish they weren't the ones playing this match....

I cant support either of them.
Let the best win...

So Chelsea would have been a better option? cheesy
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
xynerise:

Still looking for Morata on your post undecided
Oh! That was an oversight. Truth is, Morata isn't leaving, particularly considering the mistake Man United made over the disaster of a player called Pogba. The club isn't bent on spending much and you know what commands Real Madrid players and the board.

Morata would be getting married on Friday and has given a deadline, through his agent that Man United must finalise all plans before Friday. Madrid want more, Man United isn't bent on spending more. We all know what mostly happens in this regard.

Madrid is demanding money to be in the region of £80million from United, which I don't think the club would shell out for the striker. Signing in Madrid players don't come easy. The only miracle here is when the United board unanimously agree to break the bank. Anything short of that, Madrid would not receive.

Modified: So Morata won't feature for Man United for obvious reasons. grin Regardless, this won't be a match for the Manchester United folks to hope. Hope here is dead right before it started grin

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by optional1(f): 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Juva and Ajax

Sanchez01:
So Chelsea would have been a better option? cheesy
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 9:15pm On Jun 14, 2017
optional1:
Juva and Ajax

Both are average teams. grin
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by optional1(f): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sanchez01:
Both are average teams. grin

both were finalist
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
optional1:

both were finalist
And they were both beaten heavily.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by optional1(f): 9:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Sanchez01:
And they were both beaten heavily.

one reason why i will still not support this two teams that beat them.
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Omooba77: 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2017
Reharsal in Houston....
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by pamcode(m): 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
I trust Mourinho to pack the bus so I predict a slim win for Madrid 2-1.

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by LesbianBoy(m): 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
Man Utd to win grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Omooba77: 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
Anybody can win

1 Like

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by mokoshalb(m): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by mokoshalb(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
For those whowant to watch on android only, watch here: https://www.mokoshalb.com/watch-live-football-matches-android-phone/
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Omooba77: 7:00am On Aug 08, 2017
Game of the throne
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by hopefulLandlord: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2017
Today is the day we successfully defend our Supercup

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Sanchez01: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2017
Omooba77:
Reharsal in Houston....
A match in which almost all those who started in the first half were substituted? The Houston 'show' would not look anything close to what would play out tonight.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by Omooba77: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
Fire is fire tonight
Re: UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 by collinometricx: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
We are Winning diz One

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Barcelona Fans Thread. / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.