Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai (50754 Views)

IPOB Members Clashed With Nnamdi Kanu Over New Biafra Redesigned Flag / The New Biafra State / Payment Of New Biafra Income Tax Announced By Ralph Uwazuruike Of MASSOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Oyiboman69: 6:03am On Jun 04, 2017
The goals they want to achieve with new Biafra – Tanko Yaksai

dailytrust.com.ng

Jun 4, 2017 2:04 AM

Alhaji Salihu Tanko Yakasai, a former Special Political Adviser to former President Shehu Shagari, spoke on why the agitation of Biafra continued to attract attention, why it is impossible for the Igbo to secede and why they will be better off in Nigeria than Biafra, among other things.

Why is the agitation for Biafra gathering momentum in recent times?

Well, the agitation for Biafra started soon after the demise of Major-General Aguiyi Ironsi. So the name is not new. The only difference is that the old Biafra actually was intended to occupy the whole of southern region. 

It was a scheme for getting the entire southern Nigeria to break away. The intention was to block the North from access to the sea. If that happened, the North would be starved of many things coming from the port, including fuel and imported items we rely upon. So that was the old Biafra. Because of that, when they were preparing to declare Biafra, southern minorities from the present day Cross River and Akwa Ibom led a delegation to the North to plead with General Hassan Usman Katsina, the then military governor of Northern Nigeria, to plead with the central government not to allow Biafran secession to succeed because, according to them, if it was allowed to succeed, they would remain forever as second class citizens in what would be known as Biafra. 

The young men are not agitating for the five Igbo-speaking states to constitute Biafra, rather, they are thinking of the old Eastern Region, with the four minority states, together with five majority Igbo-speaking states. You don’t dismiss idea by a wave of hand. But the practical aspect of it is very difficult because all along there has not been love lost between the Igbo and their minority.

In fact, when Nigeria was to be granted independence and constitutional conference was held in 1957, the minorities in the East complained of oppression and marginalisation by the Igbo. They wanted their interest to be safeguarded in an independent Nigeria. It was agreed that a special arrangement would be made to protect their interest, and it was made with the creation of the Niger Delta Development Authority which was put under the care of Shehu Shagari, who was then the parliamentary secretary to the prime minister.  It was decided that the development of the Niger Delta shall not come from the Eastern Region, even though they were located under the old regional government. 

I don’t think it is possible for the minority to go into any political association with the Igbo.

This agitation started right from the time of Obasanjo, with Uwazurike as its leader. Now, I think Uwazurike has realised that it is an impossible task to realise their dream; that is why he is more or less quiet. This young man, Nnamdi Kanu, was just a broadcaster. I don’t know whether he was under Uwazurike or on his own, but he was not a leader on his own. He was a broadcaster. I believe he got some of their people in the United States, collected their money and set up a radio station, which I think is being broadcast from America and beamed somewhere in West Africa. The boy became popular after his arrest. I think what they are trying to do is to develop the agitation into a political movement and try to gather support from the Igbo and any of their sympathizers.

This agitation for new Biafra came at a time when the Niger Delta people are agitating for resource control, and at the same time, the South-West, who are more interested in brewing trouble in the country, joined forces with them to change the whole issue into restructuring. So there is now a connection between the agitation for restructuring, the realisation of Biafra and resource control. They started during the 1994/95 constitutional conference, where they were holding regular meetings. At that time, every week, the minority from the East would meet with Igbo, and after that, they would meet with the Yoruba. All these three ideas emanated from former Vice President Alex Ekwueme. 

This is the situation now.  The issue to be addressed is whether the present Biafra would include the former Eastern Region, whereby the four minority Igbo-speaking states would join forces with five Igbo-speaking states and form new Biafra? That has not been spelt out. The only thing I heard was that Rivers would not be part of the Biafra; I think Akwa-Ibom too. But it is not clear yet whether the four minority Igbo-speaking states have openly declared that they are not going be part of Biafra. This is the immediate challenge the agitators for new Biafra will face. But grant it that Biafra will materialise; everybody is aware that the major ethnic groups in Nigeria are Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. 

The minorities are everywhere and our minorities are not distinct; we are interwoven. Even the North-Central, which is the official area regarded as the Middle Belt, is made up of six states. Four of the six are Muslim majority; they are Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi and Kwara states and the minority elements left in Plateau State, for instance, are themselves fighting one another. In addition, they don’t speak with one another except in either Hausa or English. None of them can speak with the other in their own native language, and all of them were at loggerheads with the Tiv. Initially, when our committee was asked to recommend creation of states, we intended to create Middle Belt state but when the idea was put forward, the people of Niger said they were out of it; the people of Ilorin said they were out of it and the people of Kogi also said they were out of it. So the old Plateau had to be merged with Benue and made one province while other provinces were regrouped.

So, the reality is that the three major ethnic groups, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, need Nigeria. Every one of them needs Nigeria. Let’s start with the Yoruba. Most of the industries are located in the South-West, mainly in Lagos, some in Ogun and some in Ibadan. According to a letter written by the late General Adeyinka Adebayo, the industries in Oyo are owned by Lebanese and Indians, but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo. So the industries that are manufacturing goods in the South-West and some in the Eastern Region have the whole of Nigeria as their market, a market of about 200 million people. If there is no Nigeria, there would not be that market and what would be the consequences of lack of market? 

First, the goods cannot be sold, there will be no production and there will be unemployment, and the people that are employed in industries located in the South-West are largely Yoruba. The day there is no Nigeria, there will be massive unemployment in the South-West. This is apart from the food and livestock they are getting from the North. If there is no Nigeria, they will not get them, and if they are going to import, it will take time and will be costly. By nature, they cannot grow livestock and some food items in their area. The geographical situation in South-West is different from that of the North; the animals they are growing do not enough meat and milk, unlike the ones in the North.

For the Igbo, at present there is no village where there is a flourishing market where you cannot have the Igbo conducting their own businesses. And they are living in peace; nobody is harassing them. They live within thousands of other ethnic groups and nobody is attacking them. It is a well known fact that the business of building materials is surrendered to Igbo people, as well as electrical appliances, fittings and spare parts. Commuter transportation; those luxury buses that are plying our roads from one state to another are owned by the Igbo. The day there is no Nigeria, the Igbo will have no alternative than to relocate to their states. And with the hate speeches being circulated on the social media and other platforms, it is impossible to have a peaceful dissolution of Nigeria.

That is the take on the Igbo and the Yoruba people. We the Huasa Fulani too need Nigeria. I have sat alone, without reading any book and said to myself: “What do we need from Nigeria?” And I have come up with five things we really need Nigeria for. One, we have no way of having immediate access to the sea than from Nigeria. If there is no Nigeria, we have to go to Libya, and there are no enough roads to achieve that. 

Two, we need the current oil revenue. In Nigeria, only six states can survive with the oil revenue they are getting. There are four oil bearing states that cannot survive with the quantity of oil located in their areas. These states are Abia, Imo, Ondo and Edo, they have oil, but it is not as much as they could rely on for survival. But Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom and one other state can survive with the oil located in their respective areas. So, during the first Biafran agitation Ojukwu entered agreement with France whereby he gave concession for the entire oil and gas resources in the Biafran region. If Biafra succeeded, there was no way the Niger Delta people could claim ownership of oil and gas located in their areas. 

Three, the North also needs education. Today, in most of our universities the lecturers are mostly from the South - even the students. We need education and we cannot get it without teachers, so we need Nigeria to get teachers from southern part of the country to come and teach us. 

Four, we need the technical know-how the South has. So we need them for that. 

Five, we also need the South for investment. The only northerners that have huge investments are three - Aliko Dangote, T. Y Danjuma and Alhaji Abdulsamad Isyaka Rabi’u. But if you go to the South you will get thousands of them with huge capital. 

So, the three major ethnic groups need Nigeria because everybody is benefiting from Nigeria. For the Igbo, if there is no Nigeria, there will be no market for them to do their businesses. At least if you take the North, you are talking of 55 per cent of the population of Nigeria, which is about 100 million out of the 180 million of Nigerian population. The Yoruba also need market because their industries cannot sell the goods to themselves. By nature, the Yoruba man likes the Hausa man more than the Igbo man and the Igbo man likes the Hausa man more than the Yoruba man, yet the Yoruba are now trying to convince the Igbo to forget aganist the Hausa. 

The Igbo, unfortunately, are lacking in diplomacy. This is the weakness of the Igbo and that is what the Yoruba are capitalising on to manipulate their way of thinking. During the first declaration of Biafra, it was a public knowledge that when Gowon sent Awolowo to persuade Ojukwu not to embark on secession, they met on the River Niger bridge and discussed. Later on, the media said that according to unofficial report, Awolowo assured Ojukwu that if they seceded, the West would also secede. When he came out, he declared publicly that if by any act of commission or omission the East was allowed to go, the West would follow. This is the public announcement he made and the record is there, which means the West would also secede from the rest of Nigeria. The Igbo believed in him and Ojukwu told all the Igbo to go back to their respective areas. At that time, the Igbo were holding various positions in government, but they all left. When they came back after the civil war, they found that the Yoruba had occupied their positions, and till today, they have not regained such positions, and they will never regain them.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/the-goals-they-want-to-achieve-with-new-biafra-tanko-yaksai/200428.html

31 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Eggcelent(m): 6:25am On Jun 04, 2017
With Due Respect For Their Ages & Personal Accomplishments, I Will Advise These Old Men To Please Refrain From Some Of These Utterances.

We Should Move On From The Past & Work Towards Building A Better Society For Ourselves & The Next Generation.

Thanks

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by tysontim(m): 6:33am On Jun 04, 2017
The Igbo believed in him and Ojukwu told all the Igbo to go back to their respective areas. At that time, the Igbo were holding various positions in government, but they all left. When they came back after the civil war, they found that the Yoruba had occupied their positions, and till today, they have not regained such positions, and they will never regain them...

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 04, 2017
From his words, there's surely disunity among the regions of the nation so why the forced marriage?

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 04, 2017
So the North does not have access to the sea apart from Lake Chad grin

Mynd44 day don break oh

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by raker300: 6:44am On Jun 04, 2017
The hate on the yorubas by the north is scary...yet the yorubas are quick to align with them. why?

According to this report the igbos are being deceived by the south west. Lol.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Adiola(f): 6:44am On Jun 04, 2017
this nincompoop is still in 14th century

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by raker300: 6:49am On Jun 04, 2017
"but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo"

No be me talk am ooo

213 Likes 15 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by raker300: 6:59am On Jun 04, 2017
So the niger deltans have been working against the igbos even before independence? Chai!

I told my people not to associate with these folks yet they keep felling sorry for them.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by successmatters(m): 7:01am On Jun 04, 2017
Eye opener!

This interview has thought me more Nigerian History than any book before. I just became more afraid of the southern minorities again, and for the treachery of the yorubas, no be today e start.

Biafra is more needed than we think.

204 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by huptin(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2017
The Igbo's say Yoruba's don't want them to get Biafra, now the Hausa's are saying that Yoruba's are the ones pushing Igbo's towards Biafra, now I am very confused, I don't just know what to believe.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by evilNL: 7:03am On Jun 04, 2017
The north need access to sea of the south
The north need oil revenue from ND
The north need teachers from the south
The north need technical know how of the south

Meanwhile the south only the market of the north
Who is deceiving who

What does the ND need the north for
Why can't people reason?

Why do southerners behaves as if they can't govern themselves?

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by GuyWise(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2017
The man surely have more revelations to make and i surely fear for the unity of this country.....

so the north actually knows who the hydrualic soup drinkers are?

hmmmmn the time is ticking harder.

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by successmatters(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2017
Earth shaking revealations from the north.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by GuyWise(m): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2017
huptin:
The Igbo's say Yoruba's don't want them to get Biafra, now the Hausa's are saying that Yoruba's are the ones pushing Igbo's towards Biafra, now I am very confused, I don't just know what to believe.
Is that al you could read from the whole write-up

21 Likes

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by ZombieTERROR: 7:08am On Jun 04, 2017
huptin:
The whole thing funny die grin
Nigeria is a confusion land

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by ZombieTERROR: 7:14am On Jun 04, 2017
raker300:
So the niger deltans have been working against the igbos even before independence? Chai!

I told my people not to associate with these folks yet they keep felling sorry for them.
Don't allow this old hags to deceive you
The south needs to come together
See how they view Yorubas
Yet they tilt towards the north politically

The south needs to unite
We have a common enemy

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by ESDKING: 7:15am On Jun 04, 2017
Afonjas are terrible.

On ND issue, majority of ND people of today want Biafra because they have known the truth.

OK, let's assume that ND people don't want Biafra (which is a lie), are they better of in Nigeria ?

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by vic620(m): 7:19am On Jun 04, 2017
So oil and access to the sea have been the binding factors holding this Lugard contraption together. Well for me as an Igboman, oil and sea access are good ingredients but not ultimate in building a sustainable economy and a peaceful country. freedom is sacrosanct. #GIVEMEBIAFRA

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by chaloner(m): 7:32am On Jun 04, 2017
Oyiboman69:
The goals they want to achieve with new Biafra – Tanko Yaksai

dailytrust.com.ng

Jun 4, 2017 2:04 AM

Alhaji Salihu Tanko Yakasai, a former Special Political Adviser to former President Shehu Shagari, spoke on why the agitation of Biafra continued to attract attention, why it is impossible for the Igbo to secede and why they will be better off in Nigeria than Biafra, among other things.

Why is the agitation for Biafra gathering momentum in recent times?

Well, the agitation for Biafra started soon after the demise of Major-General Aguiyi Ironsi. So the name is not new. The only difference is that the old Biafra actually was intended to occupy the whole of southern region. 

It was a scheme for getting the entire southern Nigeria to break away. The intention was to block the North from access to the sea. If that happened, the North would be starved of many things coming from the port, including fuel and imported items we rely upon. So that was the old Biafra. Because of that, when they were preparing to declare Biafra, southern minorities from the present day Cross River and Akwa Ibom led a delegation to the North to plead with General Hassan Usman Katsina, the then military governor of Northern Nigeria, to plead with the central government not to allow Biafran secession to succeed because, according to them, if it was allowed to succeed, they would remain forever as second class citizens in what would be known as Biafra. 

The young men are not agitating for the five Igbo-speaking states to constitute Biafra, rather, they are thinking of the old Eastern Region, with the four minority states, together with five majority Igbo-speaking states. You don’t dismiss idea by a wave of hand. But the practical aspect of it is very difficult because all along there has not been love lost between the Igbo and their minority.

In fact, when Nigeria was to be granted independence and constitutional conference was held in 1957, the minorities in the East complained of oppression and marginalisation by the Igbo. They wanted their interest to be safeguarded in an independent Nigeria. It was agreed that a special arrangement would be made to protect their interest, and it was made with the creation of the Niger Delta Development Authority which was put under the care of Shehu Shagari, who was then the parliamentary secretary to the prime minister.  It was decided that the development of the Niger Delta shall not come from the Eastern Region, even though they were located under the old regional government. 

I don’t think it is possible for the minority to go into any political association with the Igbo.

This agitation started right from the time of Obasanjo, with Uwazurike as its leader. Now, I think Uwazurike has realised that it is an impossible task to realise their dream; that is why he is more or less quiet. This young man, Nnamdi Kanu, was just a broadcaster. I don’t know whether he was under Uwazurike or on his own, but he was not a leader on his own. He was a broadcaster. I believe he got some of their people in the United States, collected their money and set up a radio station, which I think is being broadcast from America and beamed somewhere in West Africa. The boy became popular after his arrest. I think what they are trying to do is to develop the agitation into a political movement and try to gather support from the Igbo and any of their sympathizers.

This agitation for new Biafra came at a time when the Niger Delta people are agitating for resource control, and at the same time, the South-West, who are more interested in brewing trouble in the country, joined forces with them to change the whole issue into restructuring. So there is now a connection between the agitation for restructuring, the realisation of Biafra and resource control. They started during the 1994/95 constitutional conference, where they were holding regular meetings. At that time, every week, the minority from the East would meet with Igbo, and after that, they would meet with the Yoruba. All these three ideas emanated from former Vice President Alex Ekwueme. 

This is the situation now.  The issue to be addressed is whether the present Biafra would include the former Eastern Region, whereby the four minority Igbo-speaking states would join forces with five Igbo-speaking states and form new Biafra? That has not been spelt out. The only thing I heard was that Rivers would not be part of the Biafra; I think Akwa-Ibom too. But it is not clear yet whether the four minority Igbo-speaking states have openly declared that they are not going be part of Biafra. This is the immediate challenge the agitators for new Biafra will face. But grant it that Biafra will materialise; everybody is aware that the major ethnic groups in Nigeria are Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. 

The minorities are everywhere and our minorities are not distinct; we are interwoven. Even the North-Central, which is the official area regarded as the Middle Belt, is made up of six states. Four of the six are Muslim majority; they are Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi and Kwara states and the minority elements left in Plateau State, for instance, are themselves fighting one another. In addition, they don’t speak with one another except in either Hausa or English. None of them can speak with the other in their own native language, and all of them were at loggerheads with the Tiv. Initially, when our committee was asked to recommend creation of states, we intended to create Middle Belt state but when the idea was put forward, the people of Niger said they were out of it; the people of Ilorin said they were out of it and the people of Kogi also said they were out of it. So the old Plateau had to be merged with Benue and made one province while other provinces were regrouped.

So, the reality is that the three major ethnic groups, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo, need Nigeria. Every one of them needs Nigeria. Let’s start with the Yoruba. Most of the industries are located in the South-West, mainly in Lagos, some in Ogun and some in Ibadan. According to a letter written by the late General Adeyinka Adebayo, the industries in Oyo are owned by Lebanese and Indians, but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo. So the industries that are manufacturing goods in the South-West and some in the Eastern Region have the whole of Nigeria as their market, a market of about 200 million people. If there is no Nigeria, there would not be that market and what would be the consequences of lack of market? 

First, the goods cannot be sold, there will be no production and there will be unemployment, and the people that are employed in industries located in the South-West are largely Yoruba. The day there is no Nigeria, there will be massive unemployment in the South-West. This is apart from the food and livestock they are getting from the North. If there is no Nigeria, they will not get them, and if they are going to import, it will take time and will be costly. By nature, they cannot grow livestock and some food items in their area. The geographical situation in South-West is different from that of the North; the animals they are growing do not enough meat and milk, unlike the ones in the North.

For the Igbo, at present there is no village where there is a flourishing market where you cannot have the Igbo conducting their own businesses. And they are living in peace; nobody is harassing them. They live within thousands of other ethnic groups and nobody is attacking them. It is a well known fact that the business of building materials is surrendered to Igbo people, as well as electrical appliances, fittings and spare parts. Commuter transportation; those luxury buses that are plying our roads from one state to another are owned by the Igbo. The day there is no Nigeria, the Igbo will have no alternative than to relocate to their states. And with the hate speeches being circulated on the social media and other platforms, it is impossible to have a peaceful dissolution of Nigeria.

That is the take on the Igbo and the Yoruba people. We the Huasa Fulani too need Nigeria. I have sat alone, without reading any book and said to myself: “What do we need from Nigeria?” And I have come up with five things we really need Nigeria for. One, we have no way of having immediate access to the sea than from Nigeria. If there is no Nigeria, we have to go to Libya, and there are no enough roads to achieve that. 

Two, we need the current oil revenue. In Nigeria, only six states can survive with the oil revenue they are getting. There are four oil bearing states that cannot survive with the quantity of oil located in their areas. These states are Abia, Imo, Ondo and Edo, they have oil, but it is not as much as they could rely on for survival. But Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa-Ibom and one other state can survive with the oil located in their respective areas. So, during the first Biafran agitation Ojukwu entered agreement with France whereby he gave concession for the entire oil and gas resources in the Biafran region. If Biafra succeeded, there was no way the Niger Delta people could claim ownership of oil and gas located in their areas. 

Three, the North also needs education. Today, in most of our universities the lecturers are mostly from the South - even the students. We need education and we cannot get it without teachers, so we need Nigeria to get teachers from southern part of the country to come and teach us. 

Four, we need the technical know-how the South has. So we need them for that. 

Five, we also need the South for investment. The only northerners that have huge investments are three - Aliko Dangote, T. Y Danjuma and Alhaji Abdulsamad Isyaka Rabi’u. But if you go to the South you will get thousands of them with huge capital. 

So, the three major ethnic groups need Nigeria because everybody is benefiting from Nigeria. For the Igbo, if there is no Nigeria, there will be no market for them to do their businesses. At least if you take the North, you are talking of 55 per cent of the population of Nigeria, which is about 100 million out of the 180 million of Nigerian population. The Yoruba also need market because their industries cannot sell the goods to themselves. By nature, the Yoruba man likes the Hausa man more than the Igbo man and the Igbo man likes the Hausa man more than the Yoruba man, yet the Yoruba are now trying to convince the Igbo to forget aganist the Hausa. 

The Igbo, unfortunately, are lacking in diplomacy. This is the weakness of the Igbo and that is what the Yoruba are capitalising on to manipulate their way of thinking. During the first declaration of Biafra, it was a public knowledge that when Gowon sent Awolowo to persuade Ojukwu not to embark on secession, they met on the River Niger bridge and discussed. Later on, the media said that according to unofficial report, Awolowo assured Ojukwu that if they seceded, the West would also secede. When he came out, he declared publicly that if by any act of commission or omission the East was allowed to go, the West would follow. This is the public announcement he made and the record is there, which means the West would also secede from the rest of Nigeria. The Igbo believed in him and Ojukwu told all the Igbo to go back to their respective areas. At that time, the Igbo were holding various positions in government, but they all left. When they came back after the civil war, they found that the Yoruba had occupied their positions, and till today, they have not regained such positions, and they will never regain them.

grin
Dis one mak me poo

Lol, so north see SW as trouble son of nigeria cheesy

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by huptin(m): 7:33am On Jun 04, 2017
GuyWise:

Is that all could read from the whole write-up

That's the only thing I could pick from the whole write up, the rest are the usual mumbo jumbo, even this is trashy too just that its new.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by MetaPhysical: 7:36am On Jun 04, 2017
This thread is new, not even half a page yet and Ibos are already racing off Yakasai's comment to spew hatred. For once, listen to what the man said in this interview, you are behaving in exact pattern the interview was scripted to influence your emotions. Is he god? What makes you believe that these things he said about Yoruba and Akwa Ibom and Cross River people against you are true? Why is he not talking about the various ways in which North has betrayed Ibo or as Sultan of Sokoto recently admitted, "they killed Ibo in North necause they invaded their communities and set up trades and became affluent".

Do not surrender your emotions to his words, stay strong and wave him off. This article does nothing to subtract or add to your struggle, Yakassai cannot move biafra forward or ret.ard your progress. So why respond with hatred to those who you truly need to aid your mission.

This time around make it mission accomplished, not mission impossible!

148 Likes 13 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Ogalanyachieze: 7:45am On Jun 04, 2017
evilNL:
The north need access to sea of the south
The north need oil revenue from ND
The north need teachers from the south
The north need technical know how of the south

Meanwhile the south only the market of the north
Who is deceiving who

What does the ND need the north for
Why can't people reason?

Why do southerners behaves as if they can't govern themselves?
you just summarized it all. They need all these things yet they want to boss everybody around this man is trying to spread more hate amongst southerness it wont work we are now united. Imagine what he said yoruba loves hausa. Igbo loves hausa, what about the hausa who does he love? No one only himself. Nb : forget what he said ss minorities said before the war its a big lie

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by caesaraba(m): 7:46am On Jun 04, 2017
The Igbos lack diplomacy. Painful as this may sound, it is the obvious truth. That is the reason why they need their Biafra cos in the scheme of things (especially politically), it would be next to impossible for them to ever lead a diverse country as Nigeria.

Oh! They are already exhibiting on the thread.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by vic620(m): 7:52am On Jun 04, 2017
MetaPhysical:
This thread is new, not even half a page yet and Ibos are already racing off Yakasai's comment to spew hatred. For once, listen to what the man said in this interview, you are behaving in exact pattern the interview was scripted to influence your emotions. Is he god? What makes you believe that these things he said about Yoruba and Akwa Ibom and Cross River people against you are true? Why is he not talking about the various ways in which North has betrayed Ibo or as Sultan of Sokoto recently admitted, "they killed Ibo in North necause they invaded their communities and set up trades and became affluent".

Do not surrender your emotions to his words, stay strong and wave him off. This article does nothing to subtract or add to your struggle, Yakassai cannot move biafra forward or ret.ard your progress. So why respond with hatred to those who you truly need to aid your mission.

This time around make it mission accomplished, not mission impossible!
You made a very good observation. Let my Igbo brethren go through this expose', ruminate and learn from it. Please no slur. Let's them keep exposing their dirty dealing. So many tactics has been used to divide us from within or outside of us but what is their goal? Just to distract and cause confusion to weaken us. We Biafrans have to rise up now against this agents of confusion for they have dispatched their arsenal to attack us and weaken the struggle. They want to attack us from within us. Referendum will be better and we have to speak with one voice.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by ProWalker: 7:54am On Jun 04, 2017
raker300:
"but 70 per cent of the industries located in Lagos State are owned by Igbo"

No be me talk am ooo

The questions are where are these industries located and who own them?
We have mainly the Ikeja industrial hub, which one is owned by Igbos ?
He mentioned the phantom Gen Yinka Adebayo as his source grin
Allow the abookii man to keep playing on your emotions

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Ogalanyachieze: 7:55am On Jun 04, 2017
MetaPhysical:
This thread is new, not even half a page yet and Ibos are already racing off Yakasai's comment to spew hatred. you are behaving in exact pattern the interview was scripted to influence your emotions. Is he god? What makes you believe that these things he said about Yoruba and Akwa Ibom and Cross River people against you are true? Why is he not talking about the various ways in which North has betrayed Ibo or as Sultan of Sokoto recently admitted, "they killed Ibo in North necause they invaded their communities and set up trades and became affluent".

Do not surrender your emotions to his words, stay strong and wave him off. This article does nothing to subtract or add to your struggle, Yakassai cannot move biafra forward or ret.ard your progress.
my guy God bless you we real enlightened biafrans wont fall for this rubbish. Any igbo who believe wat this man said is foolish. Once south unite they find a way to come up wit such thin cos opc support biafra

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by ProWalker: 7:59am On Jun 04, 2017
Rubbish from a northern bigot

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Goals They Want To Achieve With New Biafra" - Tanko Yaksai by Ogalanyachieze: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2017
This interview cant stop us it cant stop southern unity it is desinged to weaken us in our struggle so far on biafra now that opc is asking for thier own freedom igbos read between the lie in this lines. They target of this right up is to make us start fighting and destroy the little support from sw and ss and by the time we are done they will continue stealling oil money. He listed 5 things they need from nigeria, so where are the things they will contributed to nigeria? Nothing now they have call yoruba the trouble makers lol. Its no longer the igbo?

64 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Reno Omokiri’s Poll: Will You Vote Tinubu for President? / Crowd Throw Away Campaign Materials During APC Campaign Flag-Off In Jos / Uloma Nwosu Pelted, Escapes Mob Action In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.