Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? (34551 Views)

Are Natural Disasters God's Way Of Punishing The World For Sin? / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by 49cents(m): 7:12am On Jun 04, 2017
I have observed with fascination that Churches like Celestial Church of Christ, Cherubim and seraphim and other white garment churches have a good number of their male members and Prophets having natural dreads locally called Dada......they wil even afix small crucifixes within it..

Am I the only one who has seen this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by hopefulLandlord: 7:19am On Jun 04, 2017
very good question

I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the true God that created everything

may his holy appendage keep touching our lives, R'Amen

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by orunto27: 7:21am On Jun 04, 2017
They are founded on those Pneumatology.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Ololanla: 7:33am On Jun 04, 2017
Not all are natural, a number of them do it artificially.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by MostBanned: 7:45am On Jun 04, 2017
They wear it for Spiritual Fulfillment

Dreadlocks started as a spiritual obligation in biblical times, Samson as a case-study

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by edimahgurl(f): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2017
If you ask me na who i go ask?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by maestro2000(m): 10:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Thanks OP for raising this question. I have always wondered why close to 40 percent of the white garment church members have natural dreadlocks. 99 percent of these dreads are natural and I have come to observe that most of them are being requested by the parents ( spiritually and only the priest can solve this misery) because they saw it as a form of power and belonging to spiritual realm. They always keep the newly born hair while other churches and Muslims cut this hair off within 8 days due to their own belief and doctrine.

Before someone go come ask me how I take know say dem dey wish for dread spiritually, I have numerous white garment priests In my family.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Aregs(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Your assertion is wrong, its just a general thing but each individual religious beliefs is why they keep it. If I attend a gospel church and have a new born baby, I'm allowed to cut his hair but in white garment churches I might have gotten a message not to touch the child's hair. Rastafarians have the largest amount of natural dreadlock but do they attend white garment church?

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Ma2seater: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Dunno

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by sod09(m): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Day don't have tym to keep their hair
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by edimahgurl(f): 10:41am On Jun 04, 2017
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by dprice(m): 10:42am On Jun 04, 2017
A
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by obinna222: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2017
I had it as a child. Mine was shaved when I was 3

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Aromas: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2017
Ololanla:
Not all are natural, a number of them do it artificially.

I disagree with you, they are naturally blessed with it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Wisdombankxz: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2017
Lol... It's natural Joor..

Happy Sunday Nairalanders.

Meanwhile
I have 10.4k and 5.6k active instagram pages for sale .

Call or whatsapp = 08084334575
For Biz..
Scammers plz. Stay off
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by darkid1(m): 10:43am On Jun 04, 2017
Would give you the two strongest reasons amongst others:
1.) Most of those kids are given prophesies that their hair should not be cut from birth to certain ages , and that mostly results in the dreds as its common for the hair of we negros to take such form.

2.) White garment churches generally believe that dred locked people have certain spiritual leverage to normal people... Reasons , i dont know . Hence most of their parents happily groom their children hair to follow that path..

I stand to remain corrected. If you find the above wrong, feel free to correct.

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 04, 2017
That last Dada guy is d bomb! I don't mind that one at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by ImDharay: 10:44am On Jun 04, 2017
Its complicated i must say.
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by IamOpemipo(m): 10:44am On Jun 04, 2017
I Always wonder
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
obinna222:
I had it as a child. Mine was shaved when I was 3
I guess they called someone that had Dada to cut yours ryt?
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by uched218(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
They believe it has spiritual influence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by petsarena: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Something must be behind it,have seen children from same parents all born with dreads. I notice that because of their belief, some parents who attend these white garment churches even allow the hair of their new born to matt so as to be dada.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by Welcomme: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Mine was cut off when I was 2years old. My mum never wanted it cuz she attends The Apostolic Church, but my grandmum who attends C&S church insisted I should have it that it was a revelation. Well, I would have love to still have it on my head. The neat one sha.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by kowema(f): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Lol.
Dey are direct descendants of Prophet Elijah

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by donsheddy1(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
I noticed this too and never bothered. Na their problem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Aromas:

I disagree with you, they are naturally blessed with it.

seriously

Nobody is born dada. I remember we once had a neighbour whose child had the dread

One of my sibling who is just few years older than the child cut off some,of the hair with scissors and the mum came to our house crying that herchild is going to die

Because their are supposed to be some rituals/ prayers carried out nefore the dread is cut else the child would die. our parent assured them nothing will happen

And that boy is still alive today

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by tomsongz(m): 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
They allow their kids hair to loc no combing from day 1

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:47am On Jun 04, 2017
tomsongz:
They allow their kids hair to loc no combing from day 1

Ehhh
Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by nellyelitz(m): 10:49am On Jun 04, 2017
False doctrines due to private interpretation of Bible...

They know not the Scripture!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by SalamRushdie: 10:49am On Jun 04, 2017
White garment churches actually practice dadaist mysticsm and not Christianity ..you will note Nigerians even call dreads Dada which comes the word dadaism...İn my personal research I have found out that any Nigerian with Natural congenital dreads has parents that have one time been to a celestial church to pray for a child

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by sukkot: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2017
its the nazarene vow

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Natural Dreads Prominent Among White Garment Churches? by pyyxxaro: 10:50am On Jun 04, 2017
Children with natural Dreads are very common the West compared to the South and East

Don't know why sad

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Photos Every Christian Living In Nigeria Can Relate To. / Congregation Chases Pastor From Church For Impregnating Member / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.